The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Transmute as a Crafting Station - Multiple Copies?

Rudrani
Rudrani
✭✭✭✭✭
OK, So I have ONE perfected Maelstrom inferno.
When this update comes to my platform (PS4), I will then be able to CRAFT as many perfected maelstrom inferno's as I want?

If so, that is seriously JOY.

Also, I think there are only three possible pieces to collect in Crushing Wall, I have them all in my inventory... so I can reconstruct for 25 crystals each?

Or will perfected versions count as separate pieces / or even a separate set?
Edited by Rudrani on September 30, 2020 8:56AM
  • Kegluneq
    Kegluneq
    ✭✭
    Yes! one you have found a piece of a set, you can craft as many as you want and in any trait you have researched as long as you have mats. At least for now, let's hope they don't change it.

4j35elb6643k.png

And normal and perfected weapons are separate sets, so if you have the 3 elements for the perferct staff then you're sorted

palkk3ugp2hp.png
    Edited by Kegluneq on September 30, 2020 10:37AM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rudrani wrote: »
    OK, So I have ONE perfected Maelstrom inferno.
    When this update comes to my platform (PS4), I will then be able to CRAFT as many perfected maelstrom inferno's as I want?

If so, that is seriously JOY.

Also, I think there are only three possible pieces to collect in Crushing Wall, I have them all in my inventory... so I can reconstruct for 25 crystals each?

Or will perfected versions count as separate pieces / or even a separate set?

You're correct, @Rudrani ... as alluded to in the post above mine.

On the crystal cost, however, remember it's not 25 crystals right away.

You'll have to collect all the Perfected Maelstrom weapons to push the reconstruction cost from a starting 75 crystals down to 25 crystals.

You may have most or all the weapons already ... but just wanted to point this out.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on September 30, 2020 6:50PM
  • Rudrani
    Rudrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks! looks very interesting
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably a stupid question but I will ask here (image doesn't say anything)
    Is crafted sets in the collection? Like in the misc?
    I think it is true already but is monster sets helm and shoulders in it too?
  • Gundug
    Gundug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stinkyremy wrote: »

I didn’t see crafted sets in the book. There are monster sets. Three weights of helms and shoulders.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

The collection system does not include crafted sets by design. That would enormously devalue the time and gold spent on trait research, at the very least. Alts would be able to learn just a single trait and then make their own set gear, bypassing the normal trait requirements for crafted sets. That doesn’t seem to be what the devs intend with this system.

Monster sets, like arena and mythic sets, will be able to be reconstructed, as has been said, but only in level 50 CP 160.
    Edited by virtus753 on October 4, 2020 6:54AM
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am glad that crafter sets aren't in it because I am a crafter and it undervalues the effort of becoming a crafter. Still they are going to rid the need of the undaunted keys and antiquity systems after this patch. after your initial collection of course.

One last thing that I am very curious about is if we are in a trial or dungeon and we share a piece of gear, while bound but not equipped we can share amongst ourselves continuously. So my question is if we do that with all gear we got will it add to the sticker book or do we literally have to wear it and bind it to our own account?
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am glad that crafter sets aren't in it because I am a crafter and it undervalues the effort of becoming a crafter. Still they are going to rid the need of the undaunted keys and antiquity systems after this patch. after your initial collection of course.

One last thing that I am very curious about is if we are in a trial or dungeon and we share a piece of gear, while bound but not equipped we can share amongst ourselves continuously. So my question is if we do that with all gear we got will it add to the sticker book or do we literally have to wear it and bind it to our own account?

I'm pretty sure the gear has to be bound to you. Trial/dungeon gear has a two hour limbo period before it truly becomes bound, unless you put it on before then.