The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Let us change the metal of our jewelry

Sabriel7
Sabriel7
✭✭✭
It has always annoyed me that for many of the jewelry, the metal is based on the color of your character's hair. My brown haired characters gets gold jewelry. Black haired characters gets bronze. White hair characters gets silver (I cannot remember the rest). Clearly a lot of these jewelry types HAVE different metals, so why cannot we change them? I would rather have my black hair characters wear silver, as that looks way more appealing for me. Not this... bronze. They are already in game? Why can't we have the option to change the metal of the jewelry that already has the different metal types in the game, why are we stuck with the metal we are given based on the hair color of our characters? If it is a jewelry that has no other variation (as there are some), I am totally fine with just being stuck with that. But it irritates me that the jewelry that DOES have different metals we are not given an option to change it.
Edited by ZOS_Icy on June 4, 2023 3:43PM
  • AksonVajir123
    I agree! I think since the options are already in game, we should be able to change them regardless of what our characters hair color is. Would make the game more immersive and allow for another level of customization for us :)
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes.

Also hair color pack and eye color pack please.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Please!

PCNA
  • Teridax941
    Teridax941
    ✭✭✭
    Wait, jewelry is tied to hair color? Is this costume jewelry, or crafted jewelry (I wasn't aware crafted jewelry showed up on your character model)
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Teridax941 wrote: »
    Wait, jewelry is tied to hair color? Is this costume jewelry, or crafted jewelry (I wasn't aware crafted jewelry showed up on your character model)

Cosmetic jewelry. Equipped jewelry doesn't show, it's just a stat slot.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teridax941 wrote: »

Costume jewelry
    Edited by Vevvev on September 30, 2020 5:06PM
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.

This is the most obnoxious thing from a aesthetic standpoint in all of ESO if you ask me. Please give us an in game barber shop, hair dye pack, or something. Basically all my characters have black hair because it is most likely to go well with skins and that sort of thing. It drives me mad. No way I am paying for an appearance change just for my hair color.

• SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, I thought this was either some kind of thread asking for transmutation of Jewelry levels, or some kind of joke about how Jewelry levels are tied to hair color.

I guess that's what I get for not wearing costume jewelry nor getting sucked into the "pay in-game gold per item to customize your appearance with an outfit" gold sink.

I'd have thought that costume jewelry, like most other costume pieces, could be dyed at an Outfit Station-- assuming you have ESO+, that is, since I believe the ability to dye your outfit is restricted to ESO+ subscribers, isn't it?
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    [...]
    I'd have thought that costume jewelry, like most other costume pieces, could be dyed at an Outfit Station-- assuming you have ESO+, that is, since I believe the ability to dye your outfit is restricted to ESO+ subscribers, isn't it?

Correct. You can dye up to three colors on your costume and your hat, but not major and minor adornments (your jewelry basically). You also can't change the color of your makeup or tattoos. It's maddening.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1 from me on this!
  • Sabriel7
    Sabriel7
    ✭✭✭
    So this is what I am talking about. This is the new circlet that was introduced in the new crates. The Dark Passions Circlet. The first image is where my white haired character is wearing it. I would rather it gold on her, but it doesn't look TOO bad with the silver.

Then you can see what happens when I put the exact same piece of jewelry on my black haired character. It looks AWFUL on her in my opinion. The bronze just clashes with the ruby, and I would rather it be silver to look better with her skin tone. But nope... I must forever have bronze jewelry with her... All the character creation jewelry and much of the later released jewelry does this. Which means there isn't that many choices I can actually have with her that I find appealing.

1601519460_Screenshot_20200930_202907.png

1601519715_Screenshot_20200930_203430.png

• pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is the first I'm hearing about this. 5 years playing this game and there's still things I dont know
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.

This is the most obnoxious thing from a aesthetic standpoint in all of ESO if you ask me. Please give us an in game barber shop, hair dye pack, or something. Basically all my characters have black hair because it is most likely to go well with skins and that sort of thing. It drives me mad. No way I am paying for an appearance change just for my hair color.
    This, not then you can buy that huge pack with all the hairs you can swap around on the go but not change color

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, it would be really nice to be able to choose the colour instead of being restricted to a pre-determined colour based on the character's hair colour. As mentioned it limits the options for each character because some things which could otherwise look nice just don't go thanks to the colour of the metal.

Since the different options are already in the game it seems like it should be relatively simple to let players choose between them. This already works with other options - for example during character creation some hair styles, markings and adornments are only available to specific races but if you have the packs from the crown store you can switch between all the default options including ones not available to your race. (The only ones which remain locked by race are the khajiit and argonian ones.) But you still can't choose the metal, you just get the version tied to your hair colour.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Anentet
    Anentet
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I been asking this for a while. It shouldnt be tied to hair color. Also the fact that it changes per race too, black hair on my redguard still gives me bronze, where breton black is silver. All they need to do is make a click for bronze or silver and detach it from hair.
  • PrimusNephilim
    PrimusNephilim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    never noticed this, but then my dudes don't wear jewelry
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely.

There are pieces that you can tell by the design Should be silver - and look really Good in silver. But if you have the wrong hair color OR the wrong race ( No hair color for Altmer gives silver jewelry ) - it turns the jewelry color into ugly brown.

IMHO

:#
  • MoonPile
    MoonPile
    ✭✭✭✭
    Adding another vote; been wishing for this for years.

Hate that I had to change my character's hair color to match jewelry.
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well, that's some splendidly done necromancy :smiley:
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also find this annoying. And it's not just hair color, it's also race, as someone mentioned. I can use the exact same piece with the same hair color- and the Imperial will be a bronze and a Breton will be silver. Extremely annoying.

But as others have also mentioned, HAIR DYEING would be an awesome QoL improvement. I want to have a black-haired high elf, and since Bretons can have black hair, you'd think with all the race mixing that you'd have black haired high elves in Tamriel!!
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've never noticed. 🤷🏽‍♂️
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes.

I would pay good crowns for these.
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

We have closed this topic as it was originally created in September 2020. In many cases, it's better to create a new thread on a topic that you want to discuss as opposed to bumping one that is rather old.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.