The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Could ZoS explain us if we will change to a Stam Meta? or we will keep both "semi-balance"

AelyinESO
AelyinESO
✭✭✭
Just wondering if all this changes will affect hardly all magickas gameplay and we will facing again a stammeta. All nerfs and some buffs in gameplay are hitting hard magickas users and I would like to understand what ZoS are expecting with it, since changing gear, toons, upgrading, jewelry cost its really heavy in game. Could we have a balancing team working on it to avoid the gap between magickas and staminas classes?

I would to hear some opinions about what have u being testing in PTS.
NA PC Server - CP810 - Played Since Beta 2014, but left for 4 years, coz games got unbalancing, boring and too much expensive (still?)

- MagSorc (50) - DPS
- MagTem (50) - Healer
- StamDK (50) - Tank
- StamNecro (50) - DPS
- StamTem (developing) - DPS
- MagNecro (developing) - DPS
- MagWard (developing) - Healer
- Stamblade (developing) - DPS

"Stop nerfing Sorcerers please"
"Stop putting most interesting items inside a lucky Crate costing money"
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope. Why? Because that one player who plays since 2014 magicka toon is still able to kill stam newbies, magicka OP, nerf magsorc. /S

There is no serious answer to your question, last patches are complete joke.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • OlumoGarbag
    OlumoGarbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People that call stamina Templar a stamTem instead of stamplar deserve any nerf in the game.
    class representative for the working class, non-cp, bwb and Trolling
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hope stam comes back. It was way more fun to play.
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    +1
    Elder Stamina Online with the latest patches...
    1. Mag got butchered again and again, especially Sorc (pets) and Templars (damage)
    2. in PvP, WWs (Stam) became almost god mode, while Vamps (Mag) became junk
    3. there now are auto-killing Stamina proc sets which mag players only can dream about
    Accordingly, I had to cure my two sucking mag Vamps to make them two rocking Stam WWs. But...
    WHY IS PVP Mag/Stam BALANCING TO BAD LATELY?

Edited by BalticBlues on September 30, 2020 10:46AM
  • Artorias24
    Artorias24
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS and doing an Statement to explain a certain Change.... Hahahahahaha. You must be new here.
  • West93
    West93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1
    1. Mag got butchered again and again, especially Sorc (pets) and Templars (damage)
    3. there now are auto-killing Stamina proc sets which mag players only can dream about

Accordingly, I had to cure my two sucking mag Vamps to make them two rocking Stam WWs. But...

I look at combat metrix and see overwhelming surge + grothdarr doing the most damage of malacath band wearing magdks.
    Calurions + zaan magblade [snip]?

Both magicka and stamina templars damage were butchered btw.

Werewolf is a xv1 group build anyway, strong in group, but average to weak playing solo.

[edited for inappropriate content]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on September 30, 2020 12:27PM
  • Atherakhia
    Atherakhia
    ✭✭✭✭
    West93 wrote: »
    +1

I look at combat metrix and see overwhelming surge + grothdarr doing the most damage of malacath band wearing magdks.

Werewolf is a xv1 group build anyway, strong in group, but average to weak playing solo.

I didn't see a /s. I assume it was censored by ZOS.

But yea, Overwhelming + Grothdar + Malacath and Caluurions are high damage. I'd argue only Overwhelming + Grothdarr + Malacath is a problem (and only a problem when all 3 used together). But this is nothing compared to things like Sheer Venom, Venomous Smite, Unleashed, Crimson, Maelstrom 2h, etc. And it's only getting worse with this patch and the sets they're adding.

This game has literally been Elder Stamina Online for PvP as long as I've been playing it. PvE, it's not the classes holding things back it's the support sets.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Atherakhia wrote: »
    West93 wrote: »
    +1

I didn't see a /s. I assume it was censored by ZOS.

But yea, Overwhelming + Grothdar + Malacath and Caluurions are high damage. I'd argue only Overwhelming + Grothdarr + Malacath is a problem (and only a problem when all 3 used together). But this is nothing compared to things like Sheer Venom, Venomous Smite, Unleashed, Crimson, Maelstrom 2h, etc. And it's only getting worse with this patch and the sets they're adding.

This game has literally been Elder Stamina Online for PvP as long as I've been playing it. PvE, it's not the classes holding things back it's the support sets.

It was before zos started to split classes on magicka and stamina specs. Before that everyone was playing hybrids :disappointed:
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why do people think ZoS knows what the meta will be? They don't.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• SirSocke
    SirSocke
    ✭✭✭
    We are in a mag-meta.
    Nearly every organized Raid-Group plays "Mag-Only" in PvE for almost a year.
    Yes, there are some exceptions, like some PvP-Builds or some scorerun-groups.
    But overall we are in a mag-meta.
    Bosmer stamina nightblade!
  • precambria
    precambria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are talking about PvE here, stam is already extremely dominant in PvP
  • Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AelyinESO wrote: »
    Just wondering if all this changes will affect hardly all magickas gameplay and we will facing again a stammeta. All nerfs and some buffs in gameplay are hitting hard magickas users and I would like to understand what ZoS are expecting with it, since changing gear, toons, upgrading, jewelry cost its really heavy in game. Could we have a balancing team working on it to avoid the gap between magickas and staminas classes?

Imo mag should be nerfed even more. Currently stam is only viable in pvp. In pve 99% of endgame groups are all mag. Mag is even favored in 4 man content and soloing because better survivability heals, shields etc, better cleave and aoe dmg.
    Stam can only see higher dummy parse numbers and in some static fights. Even with mag nerfs and 10k less dps on dummy, they still gonna be more viable for majority of the content.
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope. Proc meta is here to stay until we get redacted combat devs.
  • GrimTheReaper45
    GrimTheReaper45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kurat wrote: »
    AelyinESO wrote: »

Imo mag should be nerfed even more. Currently stam is only viable in pvp. In pve 99% of endgame groups are all mag. Mag is even favored in 4 man content and soloing because better survivability heals, shields etc, better cleave and aoe dmg.
    Stam can only see higher dummy parse numbers and in some static fights. Even with mag nerfs and 10k less dps on dummy, they still gonna be more viable for majority of the content.

My problem with this, while it has been awhile since ive run trials regularly, you cant justify balance around endgame trials groups. It is some of the most toxic culture in this game. For them theyre is 1 ideal set up that has to be run regardless of anything else. Shove as many buffs as possible onto as few spots as possible and stack the one class that is currently hitting "the highest numbers". You cant balance around that because whatever change zos does is just going to create a new best, everyone scrambles to get that setup before the patch is even live yet and then is only this new class can dps.

Now again, I havent ran trials in awhile, dont intend to. If there is a very large gap in between stam classes and mag classes performance then sure make some changes. But just because toxic trials guilds wont run anything but x setup is not a good reason to make balancing changes. Its a players in endgame issue not a balancing issue.

Not to say I love zos's balancing or think game balance is perfect. Would be alot better if the classes hadnt been homogenized to the point theyre all the same so there is only 1 current best instead of the classes all being best at something. But in this situation I dont think its a balancing issue or an issue that can be resolved by just buffs and nerfs that just makes there be a new best and then just irritating the other side for a however long until zos buff/nerfs the meta again.
    Edited by GrimTheReaper45 on October 1, 2020 4:29AM