The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

I love playing AD

• techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    I cannot fathom how or why the DC community in PCNA are constantly pushing for Brindle or Chal (almost ALWAYS Chal) when Dragon is red and Bruma and WP are red as well. It is absolutely mind boggling.

Most of us who’ve been DC since launch are also baffled by this. Half of our faction will stay at Chal even if we’re losing Glade. It honestly is as entertaining as it is maddening.

Has been less this time; really, but usually theres a constant back and forth between Bleakers to Chal and Ash to Nickel. I've been in a group of 4 or 5 where we would go around and hit a tri keep to pull a faction stack for our quick demise just to hope the DC stack capitalize on the window so they can move on.

Thus campaign, I saw a lot of several hour defense or attack attempts at Ash while everything else toppled over. Its unbelievable.

I think basically it comes down to who's herding the PUGs and bulk of any faction, and their decision making, while I dont think many give much thought and either go charging in for fights and be farmed over and over, or just look to PvDoor AP.
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was the closest campaign since faction lock, and lots of good battles (along with the usual double teaming zerg crushes)
    Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
    Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
    Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
    Tolliverson, Stam NB, General
    Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
    Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
    Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Colonel
    Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Centurion
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA
  • Kordai
    Kordai
    ✭✭✭
    Wing wrote: »
    Kordai wrote: »
    Every faction thinks that the others are allied against them, only rarely does it ever have any merit and to think otherwise is ridiculous. Some frustration against a specific faction that usually dominates ends up with that faction usually being the worst for a few campaigns, and particularly targeted for "retribution". Then one of the 2 other factions becomes the powerhouse for a bit until eventually the other 2 factions target them for "retribution" and so forth. This isn't by any means a hard and fast rule.

When I first started shortly after launch (no idea the campaign) AD was by far the most populous and dominant faction with dc being the smaller scale better players and ep basically relying on dc to keep ad off of them. Then dc became the dominant faction with people leaving ad because of the number disparity. Then it was EP.

Right now it's EPs turn to be targeted for "retribution", at some point some people on EP who just want to hop on the badwagon will leave, and either DC or AD will be the dominant faction until EP and the other faction target them for "retribution" and so forth. To blame whatever you want on 1 player is hardly appropriate and doesn't exactly make much sense.

eh its less of a conspiracy in AD's case.

back when DC was the smallest faction at launch, rarely getting up to pop lock and often being only 2 bar (this was in pvp prime btw) and EP was constantly pop locked, a few large EP guilds re rolled to DC to even out the pop.

this was the beginning of EP = DC.

now everyone fights every faction, but there has always been this mentality of "the real enemy is in the south" and once again, EP guilds went to DC with the recent EP exodus.

just how it goes.

LoL let me guess you play AD? Right now EP is the enemy for being so dominant for awhile. If DC becomes the dominant faction for awhile eventually AD and EP will be more focused on DC than each other and some players may leave DC, and join either EP or AD, and so forth.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every faction thinks that the others are allied against them, only rarely does it ever have any merit and to think otherwise is ridiculous. Some frustration against a specific faction that usually dominates ends up with that faction usually being the worst for a few campaigns, and particularly targeted for "retribution". Then one of the 2 other factions becomes the powerhouse for a bit until eventually the other 2 factions target them for "retribution" and so forth. This isn't by any means a hard and fast rule.

When I first started shortly after launch (no idea the campaign) AD was by far the most populous and dominant faction with dc being the smaller scale better players and ep basically relying on dc to keep ad off of them. Then dc became the dominant faction with people leaving ad because of the number disparity. Then it was EP.

Right now it's EPs turn to be targeted for "retribution", at some point some people on EP who just want to hop on the badwagon will leave, and either DC or AD will be the dominant faction until EP and the other faction target them for "retribution" and so forth. To blame whatever you want on 1 player is hardly appropriate and doesn't exactly make much sense.

back when DC was the smallest faction at launch, rarely getting up to pop lock and often being only 2 bar (this was in pvp prime btw) and EP was constantly pop locked, a few large EP guilds re rolled to DC to even out the pop.

now everyone fights every faction, but there has always been this mentality of "the real enemy is in the south" and once again, EP guilds went to DC with the recent EP exodus.

just how it goes.

LoL.

AD players have been delusional since launch. Back in 2014 they whined constantly about the so-called "Purple Alliance."

EP and DC don't go south because Ad is the "true enemy." They go south because the AD pugs think that pressing the crouch key and spamming bow light attacks are winning strategies.
    Edited by Joy_Division on October 20, 2020 6:35PM
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Character: Telel
    Class: Night Blade-Werewolf-viking-ninja-catgirl-mallet wielder
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit
    Also: Gelel the Derp Knight, Altsel the streaker, and Filafel the temp temp.

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
  • xshatox
    xshatox
    ✭✭✭✭

just how it goes.

LoL.

AD players have been delusional since launch. Back in 2014 they whined constantly about the so-called "Purple Alliance."

EP and DC don't go south because Ad is the "true enemy." They go south because the AD pugs think that pressing the crouch key and spamming bow light attacks are winning strategies.
    Even their current emp is a [snip] who leech AP.

[edited for inappropriate content]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on October 21, 2020 1:24PM
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xshatox wrote: »

just how it goes.

LoL.

leave there EMP ALONE he gave MY LVL12 EMP KILL i like him LOL
    Edited by Nordic__Knights on October 21, 2020 2:31PM
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xshatox wrote: »

just how it goes.

LoL.

[edited for inappropriate content]

The launch was a mess but if I correct you cause you only have some truth. Namely, AD was the real powerhouse in the coming months after the launch. I well remember howE P and DC were desperately trying to undermine whatever AD did. The forums were literlly one long list of complaints by some sore losers.
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
  • Nutrone
    Nutrone
    ✭✭
    Well, we're going to win both major PCNA campaigns(GH and BR) this cycle and have completely dominated during peak hours. A bit of this can be attributed to the significant number of players that left EP in GH which caused a much more balanced scene in terms of guild and player activity amongst the alliances. And as of right now, especially in GH, I genuinely feel like AD and DC are relatively even with EP just slightly behind in terms of domination.
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

just how it goes.

LoL.

can you be a bit more specific? or give examples?

im talking 2015 Thornblade, when DC buff server was Chill. even prime time DC could not hit 3 bars, many a screenshot of 2 bar DC and 3 bar EP and AD.
    Teargrants wrote: »
    82pwz0Q.jpg

by April that year, EP had zerged everyone off the server.

if you go back to around april / may 2015 on the forum, everyone is complaining about EP zerging the servers.

its only around the end of may that you start to see people jump over to DC or DC start to rally, LoM got bigger, FENGRUSH started popping up more, Daniel started popping up.

Edited by Wing on October 21, 2020 9:27PM
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    First: my main campaign is no-cp and I'd say numbers are quite even there.

So I saw a low pop bonus in GH and decided to go in but I am shocked.

Atm AD and DC 1 bar, EP pop-lock at 3 am.

What I dont get is, EP has 6 scrolls and Rayles and Warden blue. They just captured Rayles 10 min ago, why?

You already have all scrolls, I mean it is obvious there is no DC there.

This can not be PvP, this is PvE at this point

And it seems like AD and DC left this campaign because last time I was in GH, this was not how it was

I am very disappointed and truly sorry on behalf on CP campaign mainers

• Kordai
    Kordai
    ✭✭✭
    Cirantille wrote: »

What I dont get is, EP has 6 scrolls and Rayles and Warden blue. They just captured Rayles 10 min ago, why?

And it seems like AD and DC left this campaign because last time I was in GH, this was not how it was

The issue is that "night-capping" is mostly done by people who are in times zones that aren't in this hemisphere. As such I can't really begrudge them playing at such a time, as there tends to be far fewer people on (in both pve and pvp) and as such they tend to stick with guilds and do everything together.

This happens on every server at points and is hardly one faction. Gate-camping is also every faction. It's a vicious cycle. For example, take DC and EP. DC gate camps EP as retribution for being gate camped themselves by EP who gate camped DC as retribution for being gate camped by DC who gate camped EP as retribution for being gate camped by EP and so forth. An EP player who missed EP gate camping DC would get frustrated because it seems like it's always DC gate camping EP and may participate in gate camping DC when possible. Same with a DC player, which of course just furthers the gate camping back and forth.

As far as number disparity, it's pretty even overall. Yes, during "nights" it varies wildly.
  • Vizirith
    Vizirith
    ✭✭✭✭

The issue is that "night-capping" is mostly done by people who are in times zones that aren't in this hemisphere. As such I can't really begrudge them playing at such a time, as there tends to be far fewer people on (in both pve and pvp) and as such they tend to stick with guilds and do everything together.

This happens on every server at points and is hardly one faction. Gate-camping is also every faction. It's a vicious cycle. For example, take DC and EP. DC gate camps EP as retribution for being gate camped themselves by EP who gate camped DC as retribution for being gate camped by DC who gate camped EP as retribution for being gate camped by EP and so forth. An EP player who missed EP gate camping DC would get frustrated because it seems like it's always DC gate camping EP and may participate in gate camping DC when possible. Same with a DC player, which of course just furthers the gate camping back and forth.

As far as number disparity, it's pretty even overall. Yes, during "nights" it varies wildly.

This.

I used to work nights and would play on my nights off. There was an EP guild in no-cp awhile back that would basically dominate the map, people that played other factions during those times actually switched factions just to do PVE and PVP with the guild because they often struggled to find trial and bg groups. They didn't play their barely closer time server (EU) because they had less ping on NA than EU.

Also everybody gate camps.
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yes, this exists in no-cp too and it is very frustrating and not fun being on both situations.

If my alliance is zerging the map I get no joy because I hardly find any enemy to kill, if I am being zerged down again no joy because it is obvious 30 people raids will kill you anyway

• manny254
    manny254
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

just how it goes.

LoL.

im talking 2015 Thornblade, when DC buff server was Chill. even prime time DC could not hit 3 bars, many a screenshot of 2 bar DC and 3 bar EP and AD.
    82pwz0Q.jpg

if you go back to around april / may 2015 on the forum, everyone is complaining about EP zerging the servers.

its only around the end of may that you start to see people jump over to DC or DC start to rally, LoM got bigger, FENGRUSH started popping up more, Daniel started popping up.

Most of the DC from that era still identify as the victim in every situation.
    - Mojican
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    manny254 wrote: »

just how it goes.

LoL.

82pwz0Q.jpg

kind of fun watching the rise and fall, Daniel does not play anymore (not since like 2016 iirc) but i recall he became a MASSIVE zerg lord before he left. kind of like ahtu.

fun looking back through old forum threads and the timeline though.

kind of miss all the threads, players, and pvp changes / updates.

we are a pretty small shell of our former self i must say.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im amazed at the known drama that goes on. I might really dislike fighting some groups or even think they're full of crap, but outside of knowing a few guild tags and names from fighting with or against them a lot; I really don't know them from Adam.

I mean I always knew and people talked about Daniel, but he never really impacted me. I don't say a lot in zone chat though.
    Edited by techyeshic on October 22, 2020 10:44PM
  • Dunning_Kruger
    Dunning_Kruger
    ✭✭✭✭
    Man thinking of CN made me remember when Kita slayed the era of DC that summer by being on leave from his deployment and being the longest held emp in AD history. He had an uninterrupted reign of 15 days and was essentially emp for 2 months straight. AD drove DC and EP into the dirt. Gods it was a glorious time then. They claimed they “quit” to play in cp; but really they got 2v20’d every day until they quit.

Long live KS
    #campaignkillers

For the Queen bby
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man thinking of CN made me remember when Kita slayed the era of DC that summer by being on leave from his deployment and being the longest held emp in AD history. He had an uninterrupted reign of 15 days and was essentially emp for 2 months straight. AD drove DC and EP into the dirt. Gods it was a glorious time then. They claimed they “quit” to play in cp; but really they got 2v20’d every day until they quit.

Long live KS
    #campaignkillers

I’m pretty sure that 2 months doesn’t count as the “longest held emp in AD history” by a long shot. I think both @Ezareth and Sura held emp longer than that on Haderus. Maybe Pixysticks too.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did someone mention CN, and highly skilled, super brave PVP antics?

Edited by Telel on October 23, 2020 3:57AM
    Character: Telel
    Class: Night Blade-Werewolf-viking-ninja-catgirl-mallet wielder
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit
    Also: Gelel the Derp Knight, Altsel the streaker, and Filafel the temp temp.

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
  • Dunning_Kruger
    Dunning_Kruger
    ✭✭✭✭

Long live KS
    #campaignkillers

I’m pretty sure that 2 months doesn’t count as the “longest held emp in AD history” by a long shot. I think both @Ezareth and Sura held emp longer than that on Haderus. Maybe Pixysticks too.

Handerus was 7 day campaign tho right kind of easily to abuse with such a low pop.

For the Queen bby
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Long live KS
    #campaignkillers

Handerus was 7 day campaign tho right kind of easily to abuse with such a low pop.

Doesn’t change the fact that your statement was false.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Dunning_Kruger
    Dunning_Kruger
    ✭✭✭✭

Long live KS
    #campaignkillers

Doesn’t change the fact that your statement was false.

Not really since his emp is only technically for the duration of a campaign 7 days right. Idk. We never count dead campaign emps

For the Queen bby
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/151554/purple-alliance-confirmed[/url]on;c-6993696"]

just how it goes.

LoL.

82pwz0Q.jpg

Back in 2014-2015 when the PvP forums had actual traffic, there were lots of posts like this

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/136279/hova-1vx-indisputable-proof-of-purple-alliance

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/142916/proof-the-purple-alliance-is-real

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/162245/logged-in-to-check-hirelings-and-was-greeted-by-the-purple-alliance

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/143196/reality-of-the-purple-alliance

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/123767/dat-purple-alliance-though

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/151554/purple-alliance-confirmed

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/134515/indisputable-proof-of-the-purple-alliance-on-thornblade/p1

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/332780/purple-alliance-confirmed

Everybody has always complained the EP zerged people off the servers. Even when EP finishes in last place.

Anything that Teargrants posted that's not a Spiderman meme or commentary on sorcerer gameplay is intended to be a joke, Actually, even those two were most often jokes :smiley:

As far as these memories of a DC 2 pop cap, they are clearly mistaken. Anyone who played regularly back then remembers Bandon South-Ga's hordes.
    Edited by Joy_Division on October 23, 2020 2:12PM
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anything that Teargrants posted that's not a Spiderman meme or commentary on sorcerer gameplay is intended to be a joke, Actually, even those two were most often jokes :smiley:

As far as these memories of a DC 2 pop cap, they are clearly mistaken. Anyone who played regularly back then remembers Bandon South-Ga's hordes.

#FreeBraidas
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    manny254 wrote: »

just how it goes.

LoL.

82pwz0Q.jpg

kind of fun watching the rise and fall, Daniel does not play anymore (not since like 2016 iirc) but i recall he became a MASSIVE zerg lord before he left. kind of like ahtu.

fun looking back through old forum threads and the timeline though.

kind of miss all the threads, players, and pvp changes / updates.

we are a pretty small shell of our former self i must say.

We heard that Daniel went to prison? No idea though. A zerglord to the end.

Our guild leader has a great Daniel quote in his forum sig: "they're going to say, there's Daniel and he has 20 people with him, I want to kill him and there's 40 more behind me." From a video where he had 3 raids, pushed in with one and had 2 others waiting outside. They killed like 8 people in that keep lol ;)
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Dunning_Kruger
    Dunning_Kruger
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly ; idk how Daniel attracted so many pugs; it’s kind of legendary. Like he had so many players to follow him and do his bidding.

For the Queen bby
  • heng14rwb17_ESO
    heng14rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    GO AD OR GO CRY !
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Whenever I think of Daniel I remember this terrifying defeat he inflicted upon us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKhJA6LuPsw
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• manny254
    manny254
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Satiar wrote: »
    Whenever I think of Daniel I remember this terrifying defeat he inflicted upon us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKhJA6LuPsw

NGL, reading his name also made me think of that video.
    Edited by manny254 on October 24, 2020 8:37AM
    - Mojican