Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

SWEEPSTAKES: DOES YOUR COUNTRY QUALIFY?

marius_buys
marius_buys
✭✭✭✭✭
LIST OF COUNTRIES THAT CAN ENTER AND CANNOT ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES
(According to rule 2c of the Sweepstakes rules)

Tamriel Together detail here:
https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/58841

Sweepstakes rules here:
https://esossl-a.akamaihd.net/uploads/website/tamrieltogether/rules/PDFs/ZeniMax ESO Q4 2020 Sweepstakes Official Rules.pdf

To assist in clarity please could I have some help in sorting the list below into either GROUP A - CAN ENTER or GROUP B- CANNOT ENTER
The ones I am unsure of will temporarily be sorted into group B until clarified and moved to group A in the OP when it is found otherwise by the forum.

GROUP A - CAN ENTER

The United States
The District of Columbia, Belgium, Canada (excluding Quebec) but subject to conditions
Czech Republic,
Denmark,
Finland,
France,
Germany,
Hungary,
Ireland,
Mexico,
Netherlands,
New Zealand,
Norway,
Russian Federation,
Spain,
Sweden,
Switzerland,
United Kingdom.

GROUP B - CANNOT ENTER

Afghanistan
Albania
Algeria
Andorra
Angola
Antigua and Barbuda
Argentina
Armenia
Australia
Austria
Azerbaijan
Bahamas
Bahrain
Bangladesh
Barbados
Belarus
Belize
Benin
Bhutan
Bolivia
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Botswana
Brazil
Brunei
Bulgaria
Burkina Faso
Burundi
Cabo Verde
Cambodia
Cameroon
Central African Republic
Chad
Chile
China
Comoros
Congo, Democratic Republic of the
Congo, Republic of the
Costa Rica
Côte d’Ivoire
Croatia
Cuba
Cyprus
Czech Republic
Djibouti
Dominica
Dominican Republic
East Timor (Timor-Leste)
Ecuador
Egypt
El Salvador
Equatorial Guinea
Eritrea
Estonia
Eswatini
Ethiopia
Fiji
Gabon
The Gambia
Georgia
Ghana
Greece
Grenada
Guatemala
Guinea
Guinea-Bissau
Guyana
Haiti
Honduras
Iceland
India
Indonesia
Iran
Iraq
Israel
Italy
Jamaica
Japan
Jordan
Kazakhstan
Kenya
Kiribati
Korea, North
Korea, South
Kosovo
Kuwait
Kyrgyzstan
Laos
Latvia
Lebanon
Lesotho
Liberia
Libya
Liechtenstein
Lithuania
Luxembourg
Madagascar
Malawi
Malaysia
Maldives
Mali
Malta
Mauritius
Micronesia, Federated States of
Moldova
Monaco
Mongolia
Montenegro
Morocco
Mozambique
Myanmar (Burma)
Namibia
Nauru
Nepal
Nicaragua
Nigeria
North Macedonia
Oman
Pakistan
Palau
Panama
Papua New Guinea
Paraguay
Peru
Philippines
Poland
Portugal
Qatar
Romania
Rwanda
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Lucia
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Samoa
San Marino
Sao Tome and Principe
Saudi Arabia
Senegal
Serbia
Seychelles
Sierra Leone
Singapore
Slovakia
Slovenia
Solomon Islands
Somalia
South Africa
Sri Lanka
Sudan
Sudan, South
Suriname
Syria
Taiwan
Tajikistan
Tanzania
Thailand
Togo
Tonga
Trinidad and Tobago
Tunisia
Turkey
Turkmenistan
Tuvalu
Uganda
Ukraine
United Arab Emirates
Uruguay
Uzbekistan
Vanuatu
Vatican City
Venezuela
Vietnam
Yemen
Zambia
Zimbabwe

Did I miss any Countries? Thanks for the help in advance!
And for the life of me why can ZOS not just incorporate the prizes as a special crate similar to the ticket in the Willy Wonka Chocolate? :)
Peace out.

Edited by marius_buys on September 29, 2020 3:53PM
  • Anony_Mouse
    Anony_Mouse
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fill in the form. Once you select country of resistance there’s a limited list. Think that list answers your question
  • Lintashi
    Lintashi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is why I bitterly laughed, as I read "Tamriel united". So united, that most countries cannot participate. Spirit of unity all around, and yes, I am excluded too, just like most of my main guild.
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nah I live in North Korea; no sweepstakes allowed. It's a real bummer.
  • TwinLamps
    TwinLamps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am well aware my country is ***
    Awake, but at what cost
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The country I'm a citizen of is eligible. The country I reside in is not. Seems fair.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The list is pretty showing how united Tamriel is lmao
  • Ryath_Waylander
    Ryath_Waylander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah these draws always are a kick in the chops. No luck in South Africa :(
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And for the life of me why can ZOS not just incorporate the prizes as a special crate similar to the ticket in the Willy Wonka Chocolate? :)
  • Mr_Arce88
    Mr_Arce88
    ✭✭✭
    Why so many countries are excluded? Is ZOS not abiding by some hazard regulations?
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Arce88 wrote: »
    Why so many countries are excluded? Is ZOS not abiding by some hazard regulations?

18 out of 170 Countries is not really together is it? Especially since you can get crown crates and twitch drops in almost all of the excluded Countries
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fill in the form. Once you select country of resistance there’s a limited list. Think that list answers your question

Not actually the point of this post
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would blame taxing, paperwork, and the legislation related to sweepstakes and other forms of lottery in general.

Cost vs profit.
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

18 out of 170 Countries is not really together is it? Especially since you can get crown crates and twitch drops in almost all of the excluded Countries
    Weirder as all of this is in game stuff anyway and its no cost to join I don't get the restrictions.
    Granted the house guest and stature is stuff they have to make but that is probably pretty simple and again in game stuff.

They have your email and preferred server anyway.

As you say why don't have this in game?

Only thing weirder is that one country is censored.
    Nicaragua
    Nigeria
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the country that consists of the "N" word from this site
    https://www.britannica.com/topic/list-of-countries-1993160
  • Mr_Arce88
    Mr_Arce88
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, that is very rasist country and must be censored XD Just like me necromancer, Urkhtar Gravedigger. Apparently 'Gravedigger' is a forbiden word in eso :)
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Countries and specific parts of countries (like Quebec in Canada) are excluded on the basis of having atypical consumer protection laws that could cause the company having the sweepstake additional hassles, liability or even sometimes fees that don't exists in the places where they are allowed.

In Quebec it's also not allowed to have a "first month free" type of subscription service. What Amazon Prime and Netflix do to get around that is give Quebec residents 13 months with the first year's subscription instead of the free one month trial everyone else in Canada gets.

If you live in a place excluded from this sweepstake either take it up with your government or just be happy that you're more "protected" than the rest of us :)

• RemanCyrodiil_I
    RemanCyrodiil_I
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -
    Edited by RemanCyrodiil_I on April 20, 2022 4:01PM
  • Eliahnus
    Eliahnus
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm from Belgium, we cannot enter sweepstakes, nor can we buy crown crates (anymore).
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Eliahnus wrote: »
    I'm from Belgium, we cannot enter sweepstakes, nor can we buy crown crates (anymore).

Makes sense since the prizes can include crown crates.
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not put the "prizes" into a special crown crate that could drop when you complete any prologue quest?
  • iGuavaTH
    iGuavaTH
    ✭✭✭
    The country I'm a citizen of is eligible. The country I reside in is not. Seems fair.

Same for me. 😠
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @marius_buys You forgot to add Portugal to the no sweepstakes list...

Sweepstakes for Portugal? Never! But crown crates? They can be bought... :'(

"In Portugal, there is no general definition of gambling but an exhaustive list of activities that require a licence. Since loot boxes are not included in that list, they cannot be considered gambling by the gambling authority"

quote from the "Loot boxes in online games and their effect on consumers, in particular young consumers" (study requested by the IMCO Committee - European Parliament)
    https://europarl.europa.eu/RegData/etudes/STUD/2020/652727/IPOL_STU(2020)652727_EN.pdf

Edit: info added
    Edited by redlink1979 on September 29, 2020 10:05AM
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iselin wrote: »
    Countries and specific parts of countries (like Quebec in Canada) are excluded on the basis of having atypical consumer protection laws that could cause the company having the sweepstake additional hassles, liability or even sometimes fees that don't exists in the places where they are allowed.

In Quebec it's also not allowed to have a "first month free" type of subscription service. What Amazon Prime and Netflix do to get around that is give Quebec residents 13 months with the first year's subscription instead of the free one month trial everyone else in Canada gets.

If you live in a place excluded from this sweepstake either take it up with your government or just be happy that you're more "protected" than the rest of us :)
    True, however as all items here are in game, that make it different from the daily event boxes we get during the event?
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Very probably due to countries regulations/laws/taxes regarding gambling and online gambling.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    Iselin wrote: »

True, however as all items here are in game, that make it different from the daily event boxes we get during the event?

Just labeling it a "sweepstake" and having an entry form outside the game itself would be my guess.
  • Aaxc
    Aaxc
    ✭✭✭
    Not even a united EU submission. Only a few chosen countries ...

7848c2160135eb558ba3b3429c07a184disappointed-bald-man-standing-disappointed-cricket-fan-meme.jpg
  • caperb
    caperb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How did the Netherlands and up in group A on the list? In pretty sure we never were eligible in taking part in such things before. And yes I've seen the official rules that state that the Dutch are eligible, but it seems more credible to me that this is a mistake.
  • Erissime
    Erissime
    ✭✭✭
    Eliahnus wrote: »

Are you quite sure? Because I see said Belgium on the list quite clearly...
    Belgium.png
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    caperb wrote: »
    How did the Netherlands and up in group A on the list? In pretty sure we never were eligible in taking part in such things before. And yes I've seen the official rules that state that the Dutch are eligible, but it seems more credible to me that this is a mistake.
    Its weird, Norway was in the first then out and back in again this year.
    I guess ZoS get the list from an 3rd part and that its very strict.

And Belgium has outlawed crown crates sale for money. Totally legal to get them for free or earn them by playing the game.
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @marius_buys You forgot to add Portugal to the no sweepstakes list...

Sweepstakes for Portugal? Never! But crown crates? They can be bought... :'(

"In Portugal, there is no general definition of gambling but an exhaustive list of activities that require a licence. Since loot boxes are not included in that list, they cannot be considered gambling by the gambling authority"

quote from the "Loot boxes in online games and their effect on consumers, in particular young consumers" (study requested by the IMCO Committee - European Parliament)
    https://europarl.europa.eu/RegData/etudes/STUD/2020/652727/IPOL_STU(2020)652727_EN.pdf

Edit: info added

will update ty