The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

How Many Crystals from What?

Rudrani
Rudrani
✭✭✭✭✭
If anyone gets definitive info about what our PvE sources of transmute crystals will be, I would be excited to know.

How many from rnd normal/vet dungeon?
How many from normal/vet/hm undauned pledge?
How many from norm/vet trials?
Other sources?
  • stefj68
    stefj68
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i didnt see nothing posted about it :(
  • Malkorga
    Malkorga
    ✭✭✭
    I believe that is all a work in progress i.e. not even ZOS knows yet
  • Thalmor-Nordmaster
    Thalmor-Nordmaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ill jump in a few dungeons and see what i can find out time now
  • Thalmor-Nordmaster
    Thalmor-Nordmaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    normal undaunted still drops one no increase as of yet. I will do more tomorrow to see if numbers increase. Right now it's time for me to get some rest.
  • Nepenthe
    Nepenthe
    ✭✭✭
    I did a vet HM Fungal I and got a blue geode with 5 transmute crystals in it.
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nepenthe wrote: »

So it seems its not tuned yet, they said that geodes will no longer drop from bosses.
  • Nepenthe
    Nepenthe
    ✭✭✭
    robpr wrote: »

So it seems its not tuned yet, they said that geodes will no longer drop from bosses.

My apologies - I was unclear. It was a pledge. I got the blue(not purple like the ones you get on live) geode when I turned in the quest.
  • Rudrani
    Rudrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They will really disappoint me if they don't make crystals more abundant. They are frustratingly scarce, and that makes farming gear less enjoyable. This new crystal-crafting thing is hopeful for that, but not really much different if the crystals used are the same as the current transmute system, on average.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    robpr wrote: »

My apologies - I was unclear. It was a pledge. I got the blue(not purple like the ones you get on live) geode when I turned in the quest.

5 is pretty good tbh. The current 2 is little low, any more than 5 would be overkill.

Someone said random daily dungeon gives 10, tbh that seems like a lot, but ill farm the heck outa that if thats true.

12 toons with 50 crystals each every month, plus tons of pvp rewards from bgs and cyro and i still never have any transmutes left over ever :D
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rudrani wrote: »
    They will really disappoint me if they don't make crystals more abundant. They are frustratingly scarce, and that makes farming gear less enjoyable. This new crystal-crafting thing is hopeful for that, but not really much different if the crystals used are the same as the current transmute system, on average.

tbh with the new 1000 cap and once you know the full set getting the reconstruction down to 25, we all will be using less crystals overall.
    That being said I would really like if they can make a decent amount of crystals drop from easy(ish) solo content, like bulgruf daily and/or fighters/mage guild dalies. That way I can passively and consistently gain crystals without having to do pledges or pvp.
    I rarely use crystals anyway!
    Edited by Stinkyremy on October 1, 2020 11:18AM
  • Deter1UK
    Deter1UK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stinkyremy wrote: »
    Rudrani wrote: »

tbh with the new 1000 cap and once you know the full set getting the reconstruction down to 25, we all will be using less crystals overall.
    That being said I would really like if they can make a decent amount of crystals drop from easy(ish) solo content, like bulgruf daily and/or fighters/mage guild dalies. That way I can passively and consistently gain crystals without having to do pledges or pvp.
    I rarely use crystals anyway!

Would also be nice for the occasional drops from excavations
  • Haquor
    Haquor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think ill likely use more crystals tbh. I gear up my 18 characters and now as a completionist ill probably be crafting a lot of AY and perfected gear for those that are running unperfected.

And ill be mofe inclined to try different builds in pvp because its easier to quickly craft the set in new traits potentially for 25 a piece opposed to farming or moving it around my account.

I think the collections is an exceptional addition and i still feel people will farm but more to collect sets they didnt really need prior as opposed to farming for that one item/trait from a highly desired set.
  • llBlack_Heartll
    llBlack_Heartll
    ✭✭✭✭
    Id like to see a change in the DLC Pledge geode drop.
    If you complete the HM for the DLC pledge, it should be Gold not Purple and Vet gets the Purple geode.
    It is significantly harder to complete than the Vanilla HM for the same Purple geode.
  • Rudrani
    Rudrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Id like to see a change in the DLC Pledge geode drop.
    If you complete the HM for the DLC pledge, it should be Gold not Purple and Vet gets the Purple geode.
    It is significantly harder to complete than the Vanilla HM for the same Purple geode.

YES!

Really the game needs an overhaul on the whole concept of rewards. More difficult accomplishments should give more abundant rewards, but the way the game works now, its just weird. XP x 1,000 for nFG1, XP x 1 for vAS+2 - stuff like that