The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Reconstruction Set Locking

trackdemon5512
trackdemon5512
✭✭✭✭✭
I understand the intention of reconstruction is to cut down on grind and reduce inventory space being bogged down by gear not being used. But at the same time the game has for years rewarded players, particularly PVE players, with better gear for their achievements. I speak of course of gold jewelry for vet trial completions prior to Summerset and Perfected Sets since Clockwork City.

Now as I understand it (please correct me if wrong) if a player has a single set piece of any of this gear they can now reconstruct the entire set, albeit at a higher transmute cost than if all pieces were collected.

This means Perfect VSS weapons and jewelry without a clear, Perfect VCR body and jewelry without +1 and above. Shouldn’t there at least be a minimum lock on this as not to diminish the achievement and minimize partial carries?

I mean if this is the case can the reconstruction of a set at least be locked until the content is fully cleared and the corresponding achievement earned? No dungeon sets unless cleared on normal or vet. No trial sets unless cleared on normal. No perfected unless cleared on vet. Some of these are already innately built in (can’t get perfect arenas without a clear anyways) but it just seems like a fair, albeit small hurdle to ensure that sets are worked for.

Transmutation costs of just 75 seem high for most but then I just consider how many players have mails filled with 50 gem geodes from PVP rewards that have sat for years.
  • Xebov
    Xebov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1.) You can only reconstrcut what you have unlocked. You only have one piece you can only reconstrcut that one piece.

2.) Cost is between 75 and 25. If you just started collecting your first piece its 75 (except for sets with only 1 item). If you have all pieces its 25.

Besides that there are already various threads that contain this information [snip]

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on October 1, 2020 12:49PM
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    . I speak of course of gold jewelry for vet trial completions prior to Summerset
    Wait do we not get gold jewellery for vet trial completion and weekly rewards anymore?
  • Gundug
    Gundug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as at least one character from an account account has managed to acquire trials or dungeon gear, any other character of the appropriate level in the account could be outfitted with that gear, regardless of achievements. There is no reason reconstructed gear should be limited in the way described.
  • NightwindArcher
    This isn't quite true.

You can only reconstruct items you have already found. You cannot reconstruct ANY item in the set if you have only found one item in that set. You would only be able to reconstruct that one item you found. The advantage is that you could reconstruct the item in whatever trait you want, so long as you have researched that trait.

Secondly, the more items you find in a set the cheaper reconstruction cost. This is important because now if you find that crap item in a set (such as a Leviathan ice staff for example) at least it helps reduce the transmute cost of reconstructing other items in that set.
    Eyes of the Forest - Stamina Nightblade Bow Bow build
  • stefj68
    stefj68
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    new system seems nices for new items, one that you didnt gold down...i wont deconstruct golden sets to get craps for deconstructing... i dont see a real space saving deal since golden status is lost
  • ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stefj68 wrote: »
    new system seems nices for new items, one that you didnt gold down...i wont deconstruct golden sets to get craps for deconstructing... i dont see a real space saving deal since golden status is lost

I like to view it this way.

There are sets currently on my chars and in my bank that are just sitting there. They're not golded out (some are currently green), they're not perfectly traited, and they're not currently in use or going to be used. Some of them are nice sets, that seem appealing, that maybe down the road they may work on a certain build. But as of now, they aren't doing much besides taking up inventory/bank space. These aren't sets like Mother's Sorrow or Burning Spellweave. These are sets like Battlefield Acrobat, Winter's Respite. Most of them are PVP sets in specific weights or Dungeon sets, that I'm holding onto because I might want them on future builds, and I don't want to have to deal with RNG, farming, or spending more gold on guild traders than I need to.

The Reconstruction system helps free up those slots for those sets that I'm hanging onto, simply because I don't want to have to go through the hassle of gathering them again. I can safely decon those sets that aren't perfect yet, but are just sitting there in case a use comes for them, because there will be an easier method of getting that imperfect set back. My locked gold-level Mother's Sorrow Lightning Stave won't go anywhere. But the green-level well-fitted Knightmare cuirass, that I'm hanging onto because it seems useful but I just don't have a use for it yet. Yeah, that's a slot in my bank that just opened up.

As a side note, this gives some incentive for running dungeons again in order to complete all the sets. After all, gotta get that True Jedi status... wait... wrong game.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xebov wrote: »
    1.) You can only reconstrcut what you have unlocked. You only have one piece you can only reconstrcut that one piece.

2.) Cost is between 75 and 25. If you just started collecting your first piece its 75 (except for sets with only 1 item). If you have all pieces its 25.

Besides that there are already various threads that contain this information

This is correct. While this is one thing I have not tested, you have to have obtained it to be able to craft it. Pretty sure we have to actually equip it for it to become part of our collections which also should prevent getting a piece of gear, equipping it, then trading it to another group member to do the same, etc.

It seems to be well thought out.