Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How many 5 piece/mythic bonus sets do you get just for casting werewolf?

GoodFella146
GoodFella146
✭✭✭✭✭
I see:
-Ring of the WIld Hunt (+15% speed)
-Buffer of the Swift (-10% damage)
-Fortified Brass pre-nerf (+5k resistance)
-Fortified Brass x2 (+another 5k resistance)
-Draugur, sort of (+15% stamina)

Did I miss any? Oh and mind you this has an infinite duration which is apparently completely ok.

I'm sick of every fight these clowns appear is immediately ruined. There's everywhere in IC and battegrounds which is what I most play.
  • GoodFella146
    GoodFella146
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also I missed:
    -Spell Power Cure (+100 something weapon/spell damage)

This was all just off of the top my head
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You don't have access to:
    - a second set of skills
    - an ultimate
    - major resistance buff
    - no snare immunity
    - no ranged damage
    - no weapon passives
  • Attackopsn
    Attackopsn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely the most powerful thing that has ever existed outside of exploits. The most un-fun and toxic type of set up in PvP and it totally ruins the fast paced dynamic with [snip] players that would have otherwise died years earlier in the fight while debuffing, dotting, and simply taking absolutely no damage when compared to everything else, even next to 90k health builds [snip]

I don’t even hate that they kind of do damage, and I genuinely believe thematically it makes sense that they should, but it’s completely outside reality that they get this level of its own kind of tankiness that doesn’t even begin to exist anywhere else in the game.

They discuss things like “Kiss-Curse” play styles such as NMA and the recent changes to vampire (which is [snip] compared to werewolf, and only lasts 20 seconds, instead of werewolf, which literally lasts forever and has far less negatives before considering that there are infinitely more positives)

Absolutely not even within the realm of balance changes that has happened in this current trend.

[snip]

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on September 28, 2020 2:29PM
    ign: ATTACKO
    PS4 NA
    First NA Completion of VMoL Hard Mode

• Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see a few posts complaining about werewolves in PvP, should I try it? Sure it has no range, kinda low mobility, no snare immunity, it's weak to poison and fighters guild abilities, the self heal is inferior to other options, and the ultimate is very expensive, but otherwise it's not too bad.

I think the one good thing about it is that it has a decent bar, with access to some of the most essential buffs/debuffs, and maybe it "carries" player that way by forcing them to play with an actually decent set of abilities?
    Edited by Elwendryll on September 28, 2020 7:33AM
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
    Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
    Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, WWs now are almost god mode, while Vamps now are junk.
    On top of that, WWs now got Stamina proc sets mag players only can dream about...

PVP currently means Elder Stamina Online.

Edited by BalticBlues on September 28, 2020 7:38AM
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Did you killed by WW without WW form ? :D
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Elwendryll wrote: »
    I see a few posts complaining about werewolves in PvP, should I try it? Sure it has no range, kinda low mobility, no snare immunity, it's weak to poison and fighters guild abilities, the self heal is inferior to other options, and the ultimate is very expensive, but otherwise it's not too bad.

I think the one good thing about it is that it has a decent bar, with access to some of the most essential buffs/debuffs, and maybe it "carries" player that way by forcing them to play with an actually decent set of abilities?

The self heal is one of the most ridiculous skills in the entire game.

Not to mention the bleed it has access to puts dots from scalebreaker to shame, not to mention access to major and minor defile from a single skill.
  • Ruder
    Ruder
    ✭✭✭✭
    BohnT2 wrote: »
    Elwendryll wrote: »

Not to mention the bleed it has access to puts dots from scalebreaker to shame, not to mention access to major and minor defile from a single skill.

Agree about the defile, but I do not agree for the Heal, if anything it needs to be reworked or get some buffs, because it costs almost 6k magika (2 heals in BGs and you are out if not careful). The stupid thing is that to be effective you need to build for a tank and stack 30k + health otherwise it is literally useless.
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never fought a werewolf and thought to myself this is too hard.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • GoodFella146
    GoodFella146
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Little bit of an update after talking with a few people:
    - Dreugh King Slayer, mostly (+20% weapon damage)
    - Leviathan set, actually better than (+10% crit)

And of course this all has an infinite duration which is apparently completely ok. Spell power cure is a major courage buff and werewolf gives you a minor courage buff so it's close.
    Edited by GoodFella146 on October 5, 2020 12:10AM
  • Atherakhia
    Atherakhia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »
    - a second set of skills
    - an ultimate
    - major resistance buff
    - no snare immunity
    - no ranged damage
    - no weapon passives

Apparently you don't need any of that either. This game was Elder Stamina Online before the rework. It's only fitting that Werewolf would be 10x better than the vamp too.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And of course this all has an infinite duration which is apparently completely ok. Spell power cure is a major courage buff and werewolf gives you a minor courage buff so it's close.

How does a WW get to wear 5 different 5-piece sets and a Mythic? How does this work?
    The Moot Councillor
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »

How does a WW get to wear 5 different 5-piece sets and a Mythic? How does this work?

It's not literal. Rather, the question is how the power gains from turning WW would translate to mythic items or set boni. The increased speed, for example, is equal to the benefit you would get from wearing the Ring of the Wild Hunt. Without actually wearing it, just by turning into a wolf.
  • Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    [snip] Stun the creature, dawnbreaker, poison arrow in the face and dead.

[edited for trolling]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on July 9, 2023 5:40PM
  • ebix_
    ebix_
    ✭✭✭✭
    currently werewolf is the easiest playstyle you can choose for pvp maybe not the most effective if you dont use proc sets ,but you only have to touch 4 abilities and you have access to almost all major buffs and debuffs you need on top of your class passives .
    they are not unkillable but werewolf is a carry playstyle, have a half functioning brain you can make werewolf work like a top tier class or even better and you don't even need to put any effort.
  • GoodFella146
    GoodFella146
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exactly what is the definition of unkillable? You aren't killing that *** without a group of players unless the player is bad but we shouldn't need that just to kill 1 out of control werewolf. If anyone thinks this kind of behavior is okay then I can't wait for group queue battlegrounds were you have four werewolves ruining everything. Then maybe we'll actually see something get addressed.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BohnT2 wrote: »

This I agree with very much. The defile is also strong, but that sortof gets fixed next patch with the debuff nerfs. The bleed and the selfheal is just ridiculously strong. I see wws cast one heal and boom 20-30k hp is healed.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »
    - a second set of skills
    - an ultimate
    - major resistance buff
    - no snare immunity
    - no ranged damage
    - no weapon passives

Yet werewolves still somehow manage to be 100% overpowered.
    Kurat wrote: »
    [snip] Stun the creature, dawnbreaker, poison arrow in the face and dead.

So basicallly what youre saying is in order to effectively fight a werewolf we just all have to be stamina?
    Yes, WWs now are almost god mode, while Vamps now are junk.
    On top of that, WWs now got Stamina proc sets mag players only can dream about...

PVP currently means Elder Stamina Online.

You got that right, sadly.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on July 9, 2023 5:41PM
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • GoodFella146
    GoodFella146
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Add 1 more 5 piece with the minor courage. That is a trial set called Claw of Yolnahkriin from Sunspire.
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ww won't be as much of an annoyance next patch with the nerfs to defiles, they'll just be hard to kill. don't expect them to be able to kill much without the defile, especially in cp pvp.
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stack your DoTs they have no purge, stun them on cooldown consuming their stamina, dodge roll or block their heavies it's incredibly slow with a super obvious telegraph, burst them once at half health, they'll die.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jodynn wrote: »
    Stack your DoTs they have no purge, stun them on cooldown consuming their stamina, dodge roll or block their heavies it's incredibly slow with a super obvious telegraph, burst them once at half health, they'll die.

yes this is why i haven't run into these "immortal" ww's, i didn't quite realize it but my stamdk build directly countered them--poison proc sets, bleeds, dots, minor vuln/defile, etc. constant pressure in a damage type they're weak to, even ww's with over capped resists will take 2500-3k damage from plague slinger, for example. this kind of build has them constantly on the defensive and they'll eventually either run or die.
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Leave the werewolves alone they now have a chance to shine and become a meta and well just use poison against them also use that prismatic thing since I think that works on werewolves as well. If not just use some fighters guild skills on them.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on October 10, 2020 8:23AM
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All these 'free' and 'op' buffs, yet you also don't mention their weaknesses or how many passives and abilities that they lose. You can make anything sound broken in a void alone.

Just, why shouldn't a werewolf hurt in melee?
    That one khajiit obsessed with werewolf behemoth and vampire lord. Lady Thorn is bae, dont @ me.
    Werewolf behemoth=vampire lord>blood scion>werewolf>vampire.
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Werewolf is blatantly overpowered. All other ultimate transformations allow you to keep 10-20 sec uptime on the transform, werewolf can be kept up indefinitely. Major berserk is an on demand buff for werewolf, no class can access major berserk in this way. That is just one of many ways that werewolf outclasses any other option in the game.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ryuvain wrote: »
    All these 'free' and 'op' buffs, yet you also don't mention their weaknesses or how many passives and abilities that they lose. You can make anything sound broken in a void alone.

Just, why shouldn't a werewolf hurt in melee?

Right?

Like if we put all the strengths vampires have it would be so rediculous some people would spit their coffee out! Yet we know for a fact the debuffs they receive for that power makes it hard to play as one.

I have a couple werewolf friends and they absolutely hate fighting stamina builds that use poison attacks and Fighter's Guild abilities. It just shreds them to pieces, which is a shame since my magDK lacks both things! Maybe I should level up that one Dawnbreaker morph...
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Werewolf is blatantly overpowered. All other ultimate transformations allow you to keep 10-20 sec uptime on the transform, werewolf can be kept up indefinitely. Major berserk is an on demand buff for werewolf, no class can access major berserk in this way. That is just one of many ways that werewolf outclasses any other option in the game.

Except no one [snip] will ever use that morph you reffer to (Hircines Rage) outside of a PvE dummy parse.

[Edited to remove Rude Comments/Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on October 11, 2020 3:24PM
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

Except no one [snip] will ever use that morph you reffer to (Hircines Rage) outside of a PvE dummy parse.

Funny how he didn't mention the downside either. You eat just as much extra damage with it active.
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on October 11, 2020 3:25PM
    That one khajiit obsessed with werewolf behemoth and vampire lord. Lady Thorn is bae, dont @ me.
    Werewolf behemoth=vampire lord>blood scion>werewolf>vampire.
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Show me the WW in end game HM [snip]

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on July 9, 2023 5:42PM
  • BraidasNM
    BraidasNM
    ✭✭✭✭
    the heals pretty crazy
    Youtube

"I like to think of myself as the good cop and braidas as the bad cop. Hes the little devil on DC's shoulder, im the angel" -Subtomik