The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.0 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Destruction expert passive clarification

Olupajmibanan
Olupajmibanan
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Destruction Expert: This passive now also grants 900/1800 Magicka whenever you absorb damage with a Frost Staff damage shield. This new effect can occur once every 10 seconds.

1) I am holding destruction staff, let's say inferno,
2) someone else puts the damage shield from Blockade of Frost on me,
3) I get damaged,
4) Will I get 1800 magicka from the passive???

Thanks for clarification.
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destruction Expert: This passive now also grants 900/1800 Magicka whenever you absorb damage with a Frost Staff damage shield. This new effect can occur once every 10 seconds.

3) I get damaged,

ATM it works with every damage shield even not only destro staff shields(even the psijic order damage shield from passive).
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

3) I get damaged,

ATM it works with every damage shield even not only destro staff shields(even the psijic order damage shield from passive).

This sounds like a bug
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

3) I get damaged,

I get that this is a bug but could help answer the question too. If I get damaged while I have Steadfast Ward from my Healer, will I get 1800 magicka?

The question still stand, If I hold destruction staff and get damaged while a damage shield from other player is on me, will I get 1800 magicka?
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on September 26, 2020 6:32PM
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah interesting, sadly it's not the only thing that requires clarification in this game.
    logically, i think your own frost staff shield will grant you magicka once depleted, otherwise you'll see healers with frost staves everywhere.
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Healers with Frost Staves for Magicka sustain support wouldn't be such a bad thing.
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sergykid wrote: »
    yeah interesting, sadly it's not the only thing that requires clarification in this game.
    logically, i think your own frost staff shield will grant you magicka once depleted, otherwise you'll see healers with frost staves everywhere.

Yeah, that was my thought. But the passive doesn't specificaly say "whenever you absorb damage with your own Frost Staff damage shield". That's why I came up with idea of 1 frost wall to provide special sustain for your group.

It has 10 seconds cooldown per target holding destruction staff anyways so only 1 healer would be required to run Frost staff. And only provided that you do not have Duo Frost magwarden in your group which will be much more common as they are the easiest and most reliable source of AoE Minor Brittle.