The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Option to turn off xp

thorwyn
thorwyn
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I'm not sure whether or not this has been suggested before, but I would really appreciate having an option to turn off xp gain for certain characters (a simple /xpoff toggle would do). The reason behind this is, that I don't want to waste the rested xp bonus on max CP chars and - instead - rather accumulate the bonus for twinks. I know that levelling to 50 is not a b ig deal these days, but to be honest, the rested xp bonus is pretty much useless in the current state. Would be a nice QoL improvement.
And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
And if there is no room upon the hill
And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
I'll see you on the dark side of the moon
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This could get abused in under 50 PvP. Would need to be contingent on a character being max rank.
  • Artorias24
    Artorias24
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The rested XP bonus only applies to CP gain No? Never realized it on low level chars.
  • thorwyn
    thorwyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    BigBragg wrote: »
    This could get abused in under 50 PvP. Would need to be contingent on a character being max rank.

Fine by me.
    Artorias24 wrote: »
    The rested XP bonus only applies to CP gain No? Never realized it on low level chars.

I'm pretty sure it's a straight xp bonus, so it applies to <50 as well. If that's not the case, the entire point is obsolete of course.
    And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
    And if there is no room upon the hill
    And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
    I'll see you on the dark side of the moon
  • Houshiki
    Houshiki
    ✭✭✭✭
    thorwyn wrote: »

Fine by me.
    Artorias24 wrote: »

I'm pretty sure it's a straight xp bonus, so it applies to <50 as well. If that's not the case, the entire point is obsolete of course.
    Nah, it doesn't affect low level character's exp gain. The enlightenment, or rested, or whatever exp bonus only applies to lvl 50 toons that able to gain cp.
  • Flaaklypa
    Flaaklypa
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would appreciate this for my cp 300 smurph account.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This could get abused in under 50 PvP.

This is the reason why it's a bad idea, @thorwyn ... regardless of whether you participate in under-50 PvP or not.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As mentioned above, the enlightened xp doesn't apply to under 50. It only gets used for cp gain so it doesn't matter which one of your 50+ toons gains enlightened xp.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As others have pointed out, Enlightenment only applies to CP XP.

I just double-checked and my level 10 Iron Vestige does not have the shaded enlightenment bar on her XP bar, unlike my CP characters, which do.

You get plenty of XP scrolls you can use on sub-50 characters, particularly if you have a guild that regularly does PvE events like World Boss dailies, dragons or other high XP quests. That's the time to take the lowbies and pop a scroll.
    The Moot Councillor
  • belial5221_ESO
    belial5221_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can only max 4.8m total,so not using it is wasting.Using other chars help you get to max cp level,so no waste there either.It doesn't affect under 50 at all,since they can use the CP earned ,but not get the enlightenment xp boost.
  • Sahidom
    Sahidom
    ✭✭✭✭
    thorwyn wrote: »
    I'm not sure whether or not this has been suggested before, but I would really appreciate having an option to turn off xp gain for certain characters (a simple /xpoff toggle would do). The reason behind this is, that I don't want to waste the rested xp bonus on max CP chars and - instead - rather accumulate the bonus for twinks. I know that levelling to 50 is not a b ig deal these days, but to be honest, the rested xp bonus is pretty much useless in the current state. Would be a nice QoL improvement.

You must have played the old Vanilla WOW and after they implemented a level lock. Those were fun days but it often lead to many QQ from other players. This game is based on max level, min. Cp 160 due to their bone to compensate players when Tamrial One was released. When you look at the Rested Exp. bonus than the bonus is helpful to expedite leveling the final levels on skills and jump start earning more CP when you play, casual or hard core.
  • TradoTheOne
    TradoTheOne
    ✭✭✭
    I would make a new char, get it to level 49 and stop exp there... easy BG's.
    3 2 1 - My horn