The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

A bit of Scottish in the Reach (voice acting)

tinythinker
tinythinker
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Nice. But now I need an endless supply of cosmetic, pet, and mount options to turn a Breton in a Reach dweller...
Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
(And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Froil
    Froil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well there's plenty of body and face markings to help with that.
    There's also the Barbaric, Bloodforge, Dreadhorn, Icereach and new Ancestral Reach motifs for armor, along with Glenmoril Wyrd, for outfits and some new costumes and masks from PvP and as daily rewards from previous months.

For mounts, there's things like the Karthwolf Charger or maybe some elk mounts and cute pets like the Karthwolf Shepherd.
    "Best" healer PC/NA
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the voice acting. I was talking with a khajiit and she had a pretty khajiit accent mostly but there were also twangs of the reach voice in there as if she had picked up some of the accent while staying/living in Markarth. That is a fantastic level of detail.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Them giving the Reachmen a distinct accent is great. That way you can always tell who you are talking to immediately.
    I only wish Nords had a more unified accent. Their accents are all over the place from Scandinavian, to German, Austrian and even Russian (which has never been the case before I think)! Alternatively they could have those accents actually be related to the holds the people are from, but that requires even more effort to maintain continuity.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Aigym_Hlervu
    Aigym_Hlervu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Aigym_Hlervu on October 16, 2020 10:28PM
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    Them giving the Reachmen a distinct accent is great. That way you can always tell who you are talking to immediately.
    I only wish Nords had a more unified accent. Their accents are all over the place from Scandinavian, to German, Austrian and even Russian (which has never been the case before I think)! Alternatively they could have those accents actually be related to the holds the people are from, but that requires even more effort to maintain continuity.

To be fair the accents in the reach are all over the place too. Most of them have a Scottish accent, but Arana is most definitely Irish.

Stereotypically so... I was just waiting for her to say "To be sure, to be sure" :)

• Spearpoint
    Spearpoint
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly the best addition to the ESO voice acting! I LMAO'ed so much running through the zone, along with vateshran hollows xD
    Arinwyn ~ Cute Wood Elf Archer
    Wardena ~ Frost Wardeness [Died alongside Arctic Blast]
    Dry Spell ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ
    Dark Heart of Skyrim 🍺
    Bomblebee ~ cya'll out there
    Bouncing Betty ~ Front Toward Enemy
    Spearpoint ~ Jab Them With The Pointy End
    Six Feet Above ~ Reapertime!
    Bisolar Disorder - Bright & Moody
    Django Unleashed ~ Mr. Nordic Bather's Towel
    Master Angler ~ Struggles With Ichthyophobia
    Ichthyophobia ~ Secretely Dreams of Becoming a Master Angler
    Lol Brb

"Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." — Queen Ayrenn
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crivens! It would have been so funny if they'd tossed in a few colloquialisms to go with the accent.

PC EU
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the variation in accent, might be a regional thing. I noticed earlier reach people before Markarth sounded a bit like vampiric (best description I can think of).
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I was surprised to see Billy Boyd (Pippen in LOTR) did the voice of the werewolf reachman in main story line. :)
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • Josira
    Josira
    ✭✭✭✭
    "he may of insulted yer heritage"
    I love the lines of the Reach Channelers
    "BlooD FReNZy TicKS aLL thE BoXes of WhaT iT mEanS tO bE a VaMpiRe"
  • Aigym_Hlervu
    Aigym_Hlervu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prepare yourself to laugh out loud much, mates :D.
  • Nareya726
    Nareya726
    ✭✭✭
    I was surprised to see Billy Boyd (Pippen in LOTR) did the voice of the werewolf reachman in main story line. :)

That's awesome - I didn't catch it but now definitely need to go back and talk to him again!