The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

All Light, Medium, and Heavy Attacks now dynamically scale with your highest offensive stats

Husan
Husan
✭✭✭✭✭
Can someone with access to PTS confirm that light/heavy attacks with typical stamina weapons (dual wield, 2h, bows) now scale with magicka/spell power as well? And vice versa? Or am I misunderstanding this?
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Husan wrote: »
    Can someone with access to PTS confirm that light/heavy attacks with typical stamina weapons (dual wield, 2h, bows) now scale with magicka/spell power as well? And vice versa? Or am I misunderstanding this?
    Does HA with ice staff return magic even if more stamina? an very Obvious tank question.

Also how to install PTS on another drive than ESO?
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can I light attack ppl to death with 70k hp?
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UppGRAYxDD wrote: »

Doubtful as they said highest offensive stat and health isnt considered that
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Husan
    Husan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UppGRAYxDD wrote: »

Doubtful as they said highest offensive stat and health isnt considered that

I would agree on that.

So can anyone confirm my understanding of the statement in the patch notes? Do stamina weapon attacks such as swords scale with magicka/spell power now? I don't have the capability to download PTS on my pc due to limited disk space.
  • satanio
    satanio
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    Current public stam parses on Iron Atro so far (esologs)
    DW&Bow
    DW&2H
    2H&Bow
    Bow&Bow

Current public mag parses on Iron Atro (esologs)
    (non cheese)
    ESOLEAKS CASUALTIES:
    Checkmath
    Tasear
    RIP
  • Husan
    Husan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    satanio wrote: »
    Yes.

Nice! Thanks.

Can't wait to bring back dual wield magplar :)
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The prospect of playing Magicka Sorc with a bow might just be what brings me back to ESO. Ballista is so much better than any of the Magicka ultimates.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • ZigenBuilds
    ZigenBuilds
    ✭✭
    This only applies to LA's right? Not the actual weapon skills if I'm reading it correctly.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This only applies to LA's right? Not the actual weapon skills if I'm reading it correctly.
    Yeah, it's only light/heavy attacks. But those are really important, because they make weaving attacks viable for a hybrid build.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • DomstarX
    DomstarX
    ✭✭
    So does this mean that some close range MagDD will be using DW again like back in the old days to push the base spell power even higher?
    PS5 - EU
    PvE DK Main
  • hakan
    hakan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ultimates already use your highest offensive stat. like as stamnb i can use soul harvest instead of incap for defile.

i believe balista works same. if you are in no cp and not using spell pen, you arent really losing anything with balista in a mag char. correct me if im wrong
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone tried inferno LA on stam specs? Is it stronger than other physical weapons? Also, does it buff stamina single target attacks?
  • LegendaryOaks
    LegendaryOaks
    ✭✭✭
    This is great but im assuming light attack damage still gets buffed off cp off its respective type which is a huge dps contributor

Still though this is a change in the right direction if you like spell swords and such
    Edited by LegendaryOaks on September 23, 2020 12:10PM
    Full Time Shitposter
  • Kosef
    Kosef
    ✭✭✭✭
    But do heavy attacks return the highest stat for sustain no matter the weapon or does it still only return its respective stat?
    Server: PC-NA

Vincent Jurard - Breton - DK
    Aronil Elsinwatch - Altmer - Templar
    Ulfgar Stormbringer - Nord - Sorc
    Ra'Jhera Mahrabi - Khajiit - NB
    Kur Zahir - Imperial - Necro
    Khur - Redguard - Warden
    Lives-By-Sword - Argonian - DK
    Sara Willowthorn - Bosmer - Templar
    Elsa Bjariksen - Nord - NB
    Soliril Elsinthar - Altmer - Sorc
    Khargol Ogdum - Orc - Warden
    Veros Sarvani - Dunmer - Necro
    Vedran The Toxic - Dunmer - DK
    Hafnar Ironbark - Nord Warden
    Low - Level: Arcturus The Loyal - Templar
    Guild:
    [Ninja Squirrels]
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvE
    Dual Wield test :

You gain around 1k of damage on everything else because you hurt slightly more, You lose around 5k on light attacks, a lot less burning and any status effects which is another 3k and a lot of sustain for magDK ( which is already terrible ), especially if you use charged staff then it's more like 5k less, and half as strong enchantments which is especially noticeable on certain fights if you use prismatic, so basically not worth for a ~5-9k loss in it's current status; however, it looks kind of cool.

Not testing Two-Handed because I expect it's worse.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PvE
    Dual Wield test :

You gain around 1k of damage on everything else because you hurt slightly more, You lose around 5k on light attacks, a lot less burning and any status effects which is another 3k and a lot of sustain for magDK ( which is already terrible ), especially if you use charged staff then it's more like 5k less, and half as strong enchantments which is especially noticeable on certain fights if you use prismatic, so basically not worth for a ~5-9k loss in it's current status; however, it looks kind of cool.

I would think that DK would be one of the worst choices for a dual wield magicka build. Magicka Templar will probably be the only viable spec and probably only during multi-target scenarios. On my Templar testing it outperforms shock staff, but not a flame staff on single target. There may be some additional optimization though... :)
    Playing since beta...
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kojou wrote: »
    PvE
    Dual Wield test :

I would think that DK would be one of the worst choices for a dual wield magicka build. Magicka Templar will probably be the only viable spec and probably only during multi-target scenarios. On my Templar testing it outperforms shock staff, but not a flame staff on single target. There may be some additional optimization though... :)

I'm a magDK main, I'd be remiss if I didn't check, and I've been wanting a melee magicka weapon since I throw whips and claws which are melee.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The prospect of playing Magicka Sorc with a bow might just be what brings me back to ESO. Ballista is so much better than any of the Magicka ultimates.

This was exactly my first thought as well. I am loving this change for build diversity.
  • TheBardAtTheInn
    TheBardAtTheInn
    ✭✭✭
    I've been using a 2h on my magplar in PVP for a while, but I'm glad I'll be able to use that in PVE without gimping myself too badly as well!
    TheBardAtTheInn | PC/NA | CP 2600+ | For King and Covenant!
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    YASSS.. Melee magicka 2H Sorc pvp build incoming.

Auroran's Thunder + Overwhelming Surge + Ring of the Pale Order (Domihaus Head/BRP DW backbar).

Steed mundus stone, 3x Swift Jewelry, Dark Elf/High Elf, Well Fitted x5, Sugar Skulls food and tripots.

giphy.gif
    Edited by MashmalloMan on September 24, 2020 3:17AM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • AhSeLYaG
    AhSeLYaG
    ✭✭✭
    There is still some questions to be answered to judge whether its viable or not?
    What type of damage melee weapon light/heavy attacks deal;magic?
    Will the weapon skill passives be adjusted to give spell pen / crit/ or status effects accordlingly?

By using a melee weapon we will lose range; but also we lose much more from passives...
    Edited by AhSeLYaG on September 24, 2020 7:21AM
  • satanio
    satanio
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kosef wrote: »
    But do heavy attacks return the highest stat for sustain no matter the weapon or does it still only return its respective stat?

no.
    Staves return magicka.
    DW, 2h, bow, SnB stamina.
    Always.
    DW&Bow
    DW&2H
    2H&Bow
    Bow&Bow

(non cheese)
    ESOLEAKS CASUALTIES:
    Checkmath
    Tasear
    RIP
  • satanio
    satanio
    ✭✭✭✭
    AhSeLYaG wrote: »
    There is still some questions to be answered to judge whether its viable or not?
    Will the weapon skill passives be adjusted to give spell pen / crit/ or status effects accordlingly?

By using a melee weapon we will lose range; but also we lose much more from passives...

DW, 2h, bow, SnB deal physical dmg.
    Staves deal magic dmg, according to the type.

Weapon skill have some passives that work for both. For example DW has Swords DMG inc. Keep in mind that, the loss because of CP might be bigger than the gain from extra sword SD or dmg increase. You would need to play around that. And you correctly mentioned the range disadvantage.

Destro LA did not proc status effects as far as I know, one passive increase the chance to proc status effects, but that is working for any dmg type. Crit will be reworked according to Brian Wheeler, and it looks like it will be some kind of a hybrid stat.

edit: Only one passive from DW is good for magicka users.
    Edited by satanio on September 24, 2020 10:44AM
    DW&Bow
    DW&2H
    2H&Bow
    Bow&Bow

(non cheese)
    ESOLEAKS CASUALTIES:
    Checkmath
    Tasear
    RIP
  • raaphor
    raaphor
    ✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    Husan wrote: »
    Does HA with ice staff return magic even if more stamina? an very Obvious tank question.

Also how to install PTS on another drive than ESO?

I use symbolic links / junctions (mklink /J)
    https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/16226/complete-guide-to-symbolic-links-symlinks-on-windows-or-linux/
    EU/PC - 9 max level characters (DC)
    NA/PC - 2 characters (AD)
  • HankTwo
    HankTwo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good change! I will most likely switch my melee magplar from shock staff to 2h after this hits the live servers.
    PC EU
    Stam DK, Magden, Magplar, Stamcro, Hybrid Sorc, Magblade & Mag DK
  • ExistingRug61
    ExistingRug61
    ✭✭✭✭

Weapon skill have passives that are "kinda" adjusted. For example DW has 3/5 passives that does something for magicka character (Twin blade and blunt - Swords DMG inc., Axe bleeds; Dual Wield expert, Slaughter increases DW LAs aswell) Keep in mind that, the loss because of CP might be bigger than the gain from extra sword SD, bleed or dmg increase. You would need to play around that. And you correctly mentioned the range disadvantage.

Destro LA did not proc status effects as far as I know, one passive increase the chance to proc status effects, but that is working for any dmg type. Crit will be reworked according to Brian Wheeler, and it looks like it will be some kind of a hybrid stat.

Wait so did they change the dw passives (I hadn’t seen mention in the patch notes) so dual wield expert now increase spell damage as well as weapon damage? And Axe bleed scaling with highest stat?
    Obviously sword bonus damage already worked for mag build, but these two didn’t previously.

But yeah I believe using the opposite weapon type is still going to be behind due to crit, pen and cp. When/if they make crit and pen hybrid it will likely be much closer, especially in nocp environments.
  • satanio
    satanio
    ✭✭✭✭

Weapon skill have passives that are "kinda" adjusted. For example DW has 3/5 passives that does something for magicka character (Twin blade and blunt - Swords DMG inc., Axe bleeds; Dual Wield expert, Slaughter increases DW LAs aswell) Keep in mind that, the loss because of CP might be bigger than the gain from extra sword SD, bleed or dmg increase. You would need to play around that. And you correctly mentioned the range disadvantage.

Wait so did they change the dw passives (I hadn’t seen mention in the patch notes) so dual wield expert now increase spell damage as well as weapon damage? And Axe bleed scaling with highest stat?
    Obviously sword bonus damage already worked for mag build, but these two didn’t previously.

But yeah I believe using the opposite weapon type is still going to be behind due to crit, pen and cp. When/if they make crit and pen hybrid it will likely be much closer, especially in nocp environments.

Nah, I was wrong Just checked it. Bleed are as you have described, Dual wield expert the same way. Will edit my previous post to not spread misinformation. Sorry. Only swords are good :/
    DW&Bow
    DW&2H
    2H&Bow
    Bow&Bow

(non cheese)
    ESOLEAKS CASUALTIES:
    Checkmath
    Tasear
    RIP
  • ExistingRug61
    ExistingRug61
    ✭✭✭✭

Nah, I was wrong Just checked it. Bleed are as you have described, Dual wield expert the same way. Will edit my previous post to not spread misinformation. Sorry. Only swords are good :/
    Nah all good, it would have been surprising if they did change passives.

Just kinda funny that this is the second time today I’ve seen something a little exciting that then wasn’t the case. First the hide shoulders thread and then this.
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hide shoulders thread??!? Oh, you meant shoulders made out of hide 🙂
  • Mobius0
    Mobius0
    ✭✭✭

Weapon skill have some passives that work for both. For example DW has Swords DMG inc. Keep in mind that, the loss because of CP might be bigger than the gain from extra sword SD or dmg increase. You would need to play around that. And you correctly mentioned the range disadvantage.

edit: Only one passive from DW is good for magicka users.

So you tested this yourself on PTS? How are you coming to this conclusion?

A simple test would be to hit a target dummy, then cast major sorcery and hit it again.