The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.1 maintenance and is currently unavailable.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657287/pts-incremental-patch-maintenance-extended-april-22-2024

PTS: "Badlands" Chapter in Collections

RaddlemanNumber7
RaddlemanNumber7
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
In the Collections menu, under "Chapters" there is an incomplete entry for a chapter called "Badlands". Is this a clue?
PC EU
  • Revokus
    Revokus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :D
    Playing since January 23, 2016
  • MyKillv2.0
    MyKillv2.0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the Collections menu, under "Chapters" there is an incomplete entry for a chapter called "Badlands". Is this a clue?

Maybe, I am getting blue thinking about it.
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    can you explain please, I am not up to date on lore
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    can you explain please, I am not up to date on lore

If im not mistaken its the name of merunes dagon plane of oblivion(if not im prety sure it thoe plane of an other one)
  • prof-dracko
    prof-dracko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If im not mistaken its the name of merunes dagon plane of oblivion(if not im prety sure it thoe plane of an other one)
    You are mistaken, that's the Deadlands. Similar, but not quite. Badlands could be some of Cyrodiil atm though, or the deserts and wastelands of Hammerfell.
  • Vayln_Ninetails
    Vayln_Ninetails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are mistaken, that's the Deadlands. Similar, but not quite. Badlands could be some of Cyrodiil atm though, or the deserts and wastelands of Hammerfell.

Take into consideration real quick one of the new things they added in the arena is a Merunes Dagon portal-fighting place.

Plus all of the obvious evidence we're going to be doing something with imperials next year.

And next year is Oblivion's 15th anniversary.

I think it is fairly obvious they might do a throw-back chapter to that game that features Merunes Dagon in some shape or form. The name BadLands shouldn't be immediately discredited as it is highly similar to Deadlands, if they just called the chapter deadlands then it'd be way too obvious. Still think they're one in the same, though.
    Edited by Vayln_Ninetails on September 21, 2020 10:23PM
  • AdamBourke
    AdamBourke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Take into consideration real quick one of the new things they added in the arena is a Merunes Dagon portal-fighting place.
    This is probably just because they already had the assets from other quests (Oblivion gate in Auridon) involving Dagon, and haven't used him much recently.
    Plus all of the obvious evidence we're going to be doing something with imperials next year.
    Isn't it just crown crates so far?
    This is a good reason.
    I think it is fairly obvious they might do a throw-back chapter to that game that features Merunes Dagon in some shape or form. The name BadLands shouldn't be immediately discredited as it is highly similar to Deadlands, if they just called the chapter deadlands then it'd be way too obvious. Still think they're one in the same, though.
    I'd be disappointed if there was a cyrodiil / deadlands chapter. Maybe if one of the dungeon DLCs included a deadlands dungeon it would be fine - but they already did a mehrunes dagon vs Cyrodiil in TES IV.

I'd rather see them add the dreamstride, or apocrypha as the main oblivion regions (hopefully as actual zones).

The Shivering Isles should get a whole Chapter to itself... Maybe a whole "Year-long story"... Although I could see Shivering isles being a chapter, and then winterhold being the smaller DLC that year...
    PS4 - EU

Please put the Eyevea/EarthForge wayshrines back on the map?
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wm92k0tv3ofw.jpg
    Badlands...i only think about the border between Cyrodill and Morrowind. Some Potentate/Akaviri resistance here in no man's land?
    Edited by gepe87 on September 21, 2020 10:54PM
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    AdamBourke wrote: »
    I'd rather see them add the dreamstride, or apocrypha as the main oblivion regions (hopefully as actual zones).

The Shivering Isles should get a whole Chapter to itself... Maybe a whole "Year-long story"... Although I could see Shivering isles being a chapter, and then winterhold being the smaller DLC that year...
    We've got quite a lot of Uncle Sheo already. Azura's, Malacath's, Vaermina's or Namira's realms would be more interesting. Or Sanguine's. Or there's no such thing as too much of Evergloam.
    And if we get Apocrypha, I'm buying that expansion twice :p

Oh, and I'd like to visit Meridia. We kinda need to talk.

• Edaphon
    Edaphon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Probably just a placeholder name. I wouldn't read too much into it.
  • AdamBourke
    AdamBourke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nairinhe wrote: »

We've got quite a lot of Uncle Sheo already. Azura's, Malacath's, Vaermina's or Namira's realms would be more interesting. Or Sanguine's. Or there's no such thing as too much of Evergloam.
    And if we get Apocrypha, I'm buying that expansion twice :p

Oh, and I'd like to visit Meridia. We kinda need to talk.

We do have a lot of sheo already... well - kind of - he's the focus of the mages guild quest, but that's only like 6 quests or something, so it's not that much, and I think one other quest somewhere? I'd still like a shivering isles Chapter...

I'm not sure they could manage azura's realm. It's supposed to be so beautiful that mortals can go blind. Summerset is nice - but is not as beautiful as I imagined, so I don't think Moonshadow would be either! (Although i'd be happy to seem them try)

Vaermina's would be pretty nice. I can imagine that all sorts of weird things would happen there. I have this idea in my head that it would be the perfect place to add player created delves/dungeons.

I'm not sure I would want to go to Namira's realm. It sounds horrible xD.

Sanguine's realm could be interesting - It's lots of pocket realms
    PS4 - EU

Please put the Eyevea/EarthForge wayshrines back on the map?
  • Vayln_Ninetails
    Vayln_Ninetails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is probably just because they already had the assets from other quests (Oblivion gate in Auridon) involving Dagon, and haven't used him much recently.
    Isn't it just crown crates so far?
    This is a good reason.
    I'd be disappointed if there was a cyrodiil / deadlands chapter. Maybe if one of the dungeon DLCs included a deadlands dungeon it would be fine - but they already did a mehrunes dagon vs Cyrodiil in TES IV.

Crown crates and some quest text hints at cyrodiil. There is also a red diamond-themed card back for TESL too. And a skin literally called red-diamond something-something (cant remember) was also datamined with this PTS.

It most certainly is going to be a cyrodiil chapter at the very least. ZOS *always* gives small hints at the next chapter in the Q3/Q4 DLC.

They did it with Elsweyr, they did it with skyrim, safe to say they did it here too.

They already did dragons vs people in Skyrim, yet see how that turned out?

I'd be highly surprised if we don't get at least a cyrodiil chapter next year. There is no way all of this imperial stuff got datamined and doesn't hint at something.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    gepe87 wrote: »
    wm92k0tv3ofw.jpg
    Badlands...i only think about the border between Cyrodill and Morrowind. Some Potentate/Akaviri resistance here in no man's land?
    Taking in account datamine It really can be this way given amount of Tribunal items incoming to crownstore in the future.
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't get excited about nothing - the name of the quest is the same as the name of the Western Skyrim starting quest, so it is probably just a placeholder that got left in the PTS build by accident.
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    wm92k0tv3ofw.jpg
    Taking in account datamine It really can be this way given amount of Tribunal items incoming to crownstore in the future.

No but those are most likely for a datamined event celebrating the Triunal (merging of Clockwork City and Morrowind celebrations). Plus, there's no cities in that area that we could go to, seeing as Deshaan is base game, and so is Cheydinal (closest Imperial city). More likely, for a Cyrodiil chapter, it'll be either Skingrad or Bravil/Leyawiin as the chapter, and the other as Q4. (Of course Badlands could mean a type of biome, so maybe an area in Hammerfell could work?)
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, folks. False alarm. As @Epona222 said this must be a development place holder for Graymoor that got left on the PTS by mistake. I guess I just saw "Badlands" and got lost in a fit of wild imaginings :/
    PC EU
  • DarkPicture
    DarkPicture
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Epona222 wrote: »
    Don't get excited about nothing - the name of the quest is the same as the name of the Western Skyrim starting quest, so it is probably just a placeholder that got left in the PTS build by accident.

It doesnt make sense, your sentenace is just klling own self.
    1. Greymoor is on pts with own description and "title"
    2. Badlands is in chapter category + it has question mark banner which means picture isnt added to the pts yet

so yea its new chapter which has been published by mistake propably
    Edited by DarkPicture on September 22, 2020 10:08AM
  • DarkPicture
    DarkPicture
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, folks. False alarm. As @Epona222 said this must be a development place holder for Graymoor that got left on the PTS by mistake. I guess I just saw "Badlands" and got lost in a fit of wild imaginings :/

It wasnt on pts before so its not a greymoor placeholder
  • CyberOnEso
    CyberOnEso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    18Y9nnl.png
    That's what it looks like on the PTS, the quest text is the same as Greymoor.

This isn't just a false alarm. Badlands doesn't refer to Western Skyrim.
    Edited by CyberOnEso on September 22, 2020 10:41AM
    @CyberOnEso PC | EU - Jack of all Trades - Armory Style Manager Planesbreaker | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
  • Iruil_ESO
    Iruil_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I have the game in french, and even if the quest text is the same as Greymoor, the title is "Terres mortes" for us (Deadlands).

0aqo9o8xvfcv.png
    (translation for ES names here : https://lagbt.wiwiland.net/index.php?title=La_Grande_Bibliotheque_de_Tamriel:Lexique_de_traduction )
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iruil_ESO wrote: »
    I have the game in french, and even if the quest text is the same as Greymoor, the title is "Terres mortes" for us (Deadlands).

0aqo9o8xvfcv.png
    (translation for ES names here : https://lagbt.wiwiland.net/index.php?title=La_Grande_Bibliotheque_de_Tamriel:Lexique_de_traduction )

Mehrunes Dagon? That you, bro? :o
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to remind people, that alot of codenames for the chapters are odd.

Glacier - Summerset
    Mesa - Elsweyr
    Scarp - Greymoor

Honestly, i think its called Badlands as its gonna take placei n cyrodiil, the colovian highlands, Skingrad. The chapter atleast,

and obviously its the 15th birthday of oblivion next year, and what is one of the things you think of first when thinking of tes 4? the deadlands. its probably just a codename for "yeah, Cyrodiil nostalgia chapter."
    Give us clannfear mounts!
  • RemanCyrodiil_I
    RemanCyrodiil_I
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -
    Edited by RemanCyrodiil_I on April 20, 2022 4:02PM
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are there no hints or clues about the next chapter found in the new quests?

Last year there were several obvious give-aways about Skyrim from a few Southern Elsweyr NPCs

They mention Cyrodiil a lot.

Like, a lot.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

• Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Glacier - Summerset
    Mesa - Elsweyr
    Scarp - Greymoor

Honestly, i think its called Badlands as its gonna take placei n cyrodiil, the colovian highlands, Skingrad. The chapter atleast,

and obviously its the 15th birthday of oblivion next year, and what is one of the things you think of first when thinking of tes 4? the deadlands. its probably just a codename for "yeah, Cyrodiil nostalgia chapter."

Meanwhile still waiting when zos will finally add some content to Sheodorad zone of Vvardenfell that they released unfinished coz they were out of time. Bit triggering to watch on kinda not-small island that has nothing but occupy space on map and serving as example of unfinished Chapter.
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »

Glacier - Summerset
    Mesa - Elsweyr
    Scarp - Greymoor

Meanwhile still waiting when zos will finally add some content to Sheodorad zone of Vvardenfell that they released unfinished coz they were out of time. Bit triggering to watch on kinda not-small island that has nothing but occupy space on map and serving as example of unfinished Chapter.

I am almost certain it will be a dungeon DLC or something at some point.

Sheogorad being unreachable triggers me too xD
    Sweetrolls for all!

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

• RemanCyrodiil_I
    RemanCyrodiil_I
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -
    Edited by RemanCyrodiil_I on April 20, 2022 4:02PM
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Really hope if we go to any major daedric prince realm it is a chapter in its own right not a short story DLC zone. There are infinite realms of oblivion so maybe if it is Q4 it’s something relates to the chapter that is not a princes realm.
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • JohnOfMarkarth
    JohnOfMarkarth
    ✭✭✭
    What badlands could refer to:

A postwar blood covered land blighted with corpses of men mer and daedra alike... Dark and fetid, sweet stench of blood...

Cyrodiil war zone... but now used as a normal story area. Shrinking the PvP-Cyrodiil to inner circle of forts ... +imperial city itself... Majority of the land left, now... badlands in need of fixing. which could add to new visuals... A land covered in bodies...corpses... flies and heavy air... with deathly purplish-greenish swirls of magicka... as leftovers of great amount of death.

Such amount of dying has created its own entity in Elder Scrolls later on... could be a nice addition too. A new godly threat, that isnt hellbent on destroying everything but isnt a good entity either... An Umbra'Keth. One created before Shadowkey. (Which would make shadowkey Umbra'k' a 2nd one)... Could also delve into shadow magic and its metaphysical properties. Gods we need more metaphysics lore in ESO... summerset was so *pinkbunnies* good in that.

just a thought
    I can't do this anymore. Every small ... petit change that went against any semblance of sense has snowballed into an avalanche of (Penn & Teller:) Bulls...!

Gods, bless me with patience.
  • Inval1d
    Inval1d
    ✭✭✭✭
    wm92k0tv3ofw.jpg

Speaking of which, next crown crate season will be, apparently, about akaviri potentates. I think you might be kinda right about the location. And lots of Imperial based stuff. Also a new imperial mission in the christmas event but that might have nothing to do
    Edited by Inval1d on November 3, 2020 11:22PM