The maintenance is complete and the PTS is now back online. The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test!
The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

PTS Update 28 - Bug Reports for Combat & Class Abilities

• Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MincVinyl wrote: »
    Might be worth mentioning that all forms of dragon leap can pull the defender out of dodge roll regardless of immunity. I believe this is due to zos keeping it on the old gap close rules. I believe the dw dagger gap closer works in the same way, but worth testing.

Honestly wish any undodgeable/unblockables were only on abilities with skill shot aspects to them. For instance leap could work like caltrops. Point and aim at a location>jump>aoe hit+stun in that location. It takes away the point and click=win aspect, while at the same time gives a massive utility buff to dk.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iv7aZlwpl3I&ab_channel=MincVinyl
    Your second paragraph is a fantastic idea.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Battle Spirit still says it 60% heal reduction instead of new 55%.
  • MincVinyl
    MincVinyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Langeston wrote: »
    MincVinyl wrote: »
    Might be worth mentioning that all forms of dragon leap can pull the defender out of dodge roll regardless of immunity. I believe this is due to zos keeping it on the old gap close rules. I believe the dw dagger gap closer works in the same way, but worth testing.

Honestly wish any undodgeable/unblockables were only on abilities with skill shot aspects to them. For instance leap could work like caltrops. Point and aim at a location>jump>aoe hit+stun in that location. It takes away the point and click=win aspect, while at the same time gives a massive utility buff to dk.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iv7aZlwpl3I&ab_channel=MincVinyl
    Your second paragraph is a fantastic idea.

Right?

Fixes people complaining about leap not hitting....even though every ult misses.
    Fixes the old gap closer rules bug/issue
    Fixes people complaining about point and click = no skill.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Radial Sweep still randomly missing targets inside its range by no reason.
    2. Eclipse still not working against procsets.
    3. Instable Core still not working with Enduring Rays passive.
    4. Backlash released damage still not working with Malacath ring, despite all other modifiers of damage taken/damage dealing are working even tho it break logic of skill.
    5. Cleansing Ritual still has multiplied visual effect bug when healing group, that drain our precious fps.
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    - Blastbones taking way too long to connect.
    - Spirit Mender and morphs not healing
    - Weaving doesn't work properly when in goliath or vamp scion form
    - overload and elemental weapon cause health desnyc
    - shalks proccing twice on the same cast (dealing double damage
    - cloak breaking on skills it shouldn't break on
    - cloak not breaking on skills it should break on
    - mistform breaking on the "roll" when jumping off a rock or building while holding forward on keyboard (doesn't break when you're not holding a movement key)
    - knockbacks and CCs mid air cause people to take much higher falldamage than regularly up to 3 times more resulting in deaths from even small heights
    - riccochet skulls not working after a guard in cyro hit you with eclipse as the counter doesn't reset (have to relog to fix it)

• Revokus
    Revokus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since the Necromancer class came out we have reported this bug for 1.5 years and haven't gotten a response. Ricochet Skull is bugged and it doesn't help that it's the slowest spammable in the game and is clunky to weave.

Third skull is stuck and we loose the damage increase when the bugs happen.

Here is video with proof. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_RobGarrett @ZOS_Gilliam @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_RichLambert

https://youtu.be/6afhmyLkCW0
    Playing since January 23, 2016
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Revokus wrote: »
    Since the Necromancer class came out we have reported this bug for 1.5 years and haven't gotten a response. Ricochet Skull is bugged and it doesn't help that it's the slowest spammable in the game and is clunky to weave.

Third skull is stuck and we loose the damage increase when the bugs happen.

Here is video with proof. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_RobGarrett @ZOS_Gilliam @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_RichLambert

https://youtu.be/6afhmyLkCW0

This happens when you get hit by the guard eclipse afterwards the counter will fail to reset thus leaving only the base version of the skill which is the worst spammable out there
  • dudicious
    dudicious
    Soul Shriven
    I put this in a separate post and then realized it probably belongs here. Activating the DK ultimate Standard of Might and then standing in the AOE prevents you from completing a fully charged heavy attack with a lightning staff. I just do this weird stutter animation rapid firing what I am assuming is medium attacks.
  • Kheops
    Kheops
    ✭✭
    In the PTS: "Fixed an issue where activating instant cast area-bound abilities could cause your character to stop moving briefly."

Shocking syphon, Restoration tether, Living vines, Mesmerise, Power bash, Arrow spray, Steadfast ward, Crystal fragments, Mark target and others still stop your character from moving briefly.
  • Synssaturdayy9
    templar needs buff
  • Berchelous
    Berchelous
    ✭✭✭✭
    DK needs buff
  • dhoward5b14_ESO
    dhoward5b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The small shield that you are supposed to get at the end of Elemental Blockade with frost staff does not appear to proc. I see no indication of a shield, and CMX does not show any shield absorption or 1800 magicka recovery from the shield absorbing damage - but there is visual shield and absorption / 1800 magicka recovery reported from the shield you get when you first lay down the wall. I tried standing inside and outside the frost wall - no difference.
  • dhoward5b14_ESO
    dhoward5b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    More info for small shield at end of frost Elemental Blockade... As a better test I simply stood and blocked to see if my magicka ever jumped up when using Elemental Blockade and frost staff (using mag to block so no recovery happening) - I never got any magicka recovery while blocking while taking damage at the expiration of the wall.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Backlash does far less damage than it should, it appears it may not be storing the correct amount of damage.
    Tested power of the light without cp, with onslaught up(to take resistances out of the equation) on another player, and was getting 4k procs at best 5-6k crits(again Ignoring the targets resistances completely).
    To put this in context my jabs were hitting this target for 2k per tick with onslaught up.
    There is no way a single target 6 second delayed burst skill should do less damage than an aoe spammable.
    I can equip the same gear on a nightblade and again with onslaught hit 10-12k spectral bows.
    The skill isn't even worth slotting at the moment, and that's not even mentioning the fact that ita no affected in any way by malacaths band, or a lot of % dmg modifiers from cp.
    Or that it doesn't scale with weapon or spell damage.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno please pass this to the team, this skill has been bugged since day 1 of Stonethorn pts.
    This a is joke, it makes a class that would barely be mid tier if that even if this skill worked, basically pointless.
    On my stamplar I literally get more damage out of using razor caltrops, a utility skill.
    Come the heck on.
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Atronach & Serpent mundus stones still do not work at all until you are in combat.

This has been the case for several months now and I have made numerous posts and bug reports — not a single person from ZOS has acknowledged that this issue even exists.

Compared to other problems in the game, this seems like it should be incredibly easy to fix. It's very frustrating that it's been ignored for so long.
  • Arwyr
    Arwyr
    ✭✭
    after today's pts patch, light attack weaving with snipe no longer works. the light attack wont fire until the snipe hit lands. tested from multiple distances to verify, tested multiple characters with the same results. switched to live and it is not happening there, and was not happening on the pts before today. uhm, please tell me this was not intentional? it would be great if y'all dont kill off all bow builds except warden (and whoever wants to use that lame bow from the new arena within melee range. you know, the one that defeats the entire point of a bow...)
  • kirasdream
    kirasdream
    ✭✭
    Spoilers for Markarth questline below so read at your own risk.

During Lady Belain fight, on third stage when using the void portals, I'm stuck in a falling loop and can't use the /stuck method. The first time it happened, I was able to port out to a house, then come back to the Library and fight her again, but once I used the portal again on the third stage, I'm back in the falling loop, and this time with no way out. I tried logging out, quitting and relogging, and nothing works.
    EDIT: Got lucky and got out of the endless loop and to a house, then went back to the fight thinking: "Third time's the charm!" aaannnnnnd it wasn't. Back in the loop.
    EDIT2: Abandoned quest, re-accepted it, reach Lady Belain, same problem.

I would like to note that when I did this quest two weeks ago, I had not bugs or errors, and definitely not this problem, so either my game is bonked or the update bonked the quest.

Also, sorry if this is the wrong thread to post this.
    anb5ahytt824.png
    Edited by kirasdream on October 13, 2020 3:53AM
  • Arwyr
    Arwyr
    ✭✭
    did some more testing with bow abilities, it looks like the light attack issue is actually with all bow single target abilities, not just snipe (obviously just less noticeable due to the others having faster travel times).
    Edited by Arwyr on October 13, 2020 7:26PM
  • Pepegrillos
    Pepegrillos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you looking at what lightning staff heavy attacks are doing while using sets that modify heavy attack damage (senior sergeant, noble duelist, undaunted infiltrator/unweaver) + malacath + empower + molten armaments? All those damage modifiers are affecting each tick of the channeling heavy, and the final result is absurd. The damage is off the charts.
  • Altyrann
    Altyrann
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Degeneration is causing the game to desync / freeze briefly, as are a number of other skills.
  • MudcrabAttack
    MudcrabAttack
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tested the bow build on a target dummy on PTS today. Weaving light attacks with snipe is incredibly buggy, even when standing as close as possible to the target. Animation freezes every so often, then the past two or three skills suddenly occur all at once, along with the skill noises. I was looking forward to trying out the Vateshran Bow, but this bugginess is really too much
    Edited by MudcrabAttack on October 22, 2020 3:18PM
  • Mykriz
    Mykriz
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty sure this is a bug. Frenzied Momentum doesn’t work when the skill is on the opposite bar as the arena weapon. Doesn’t make sense because it only needs Momentum to be active.
  • MudcrabAttack
    MudcrabAttack
    ✭✭✭✭
    Worse news about the snipe visual bug, it's just the standard desyncing one would expect in PVP, only now it's happening in an empty house with just a dummy in a room. It's showing up in combat logs as 2-3 snipes landing at the same time. The light attacks appear to be registering at the time they were intended although they aren't seen during the freeze.

wp5mkj9pwygb.png

alvq9wb9eaem.png
    Edited by MudcrabAttack on October 23, 2020 2:49PM
  • NagyPako
    NagyPako
    ✭✭
    Light attacks in general seem to be offset in animation duration compared to live. I do remember some changes on the week1 pts notes but there were no issues on the first 2 weeks. Everything was working fine. Yesterday I logged on to pts to test something, ended up on magblade and well.... weaving is gone? You perceive it as you press the light attack button then a split second later the ability button. Normally the light attack animation stops and the skills animation finishes fully instead. Now it is completely different. You do the same and there is a roughly 0.2 0.3 sec of "waiting" between the light attack animation finishing and the skill animation starting. It completely removed the fluid feeling of combat. Im not sure if it is a bug or just the fact that the changes mentioned in the first week of notes have finally been activated, much later compared to when it should have, but it wouldnt be the first time something like this happens. If you can confirm it as a bug please do so.
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NagyPako wrote: »
    Light attacks in general seem to be offset in animation duration compared to live. I do remember some changes on the week1 pts notes but there were no issues on the first 2 weeks. Everything was working fine. Yesterday I logged on to pts to test something, ended up on magblade and well.... weaving is gone? You perceive it as you press the light attack button then a split second later the ability button. Normally the light attack animation stops and the skills animation finishes fully instead. Now it is completely different. You do the same and there is a roughly 0.2 0.3 sec of "waiting" between the light attack animation finishing and the skill animation starting. It completely removed the fluid feeling of combat. Im not sure if it is a bug or just the fact that the changes mentioned in the first week of notes have finally been activated, much later compared to when it should have, but it wouldnt be the first time something like this happens. If you can confirm it as a bug please do so.

The issue has been brought up several times in different threads for over 2 weeks (since 6.2.3 dropped). It's even worse with skills like Degeneration, Daedric Prey, and Ice Comet where ANY skill will be delayed 500ms or more. Mag rotations are a mess. Zero response from ZOS on the matter.
  • Arwyr
    Arwyr
    ✭✭
    ^this. its even worse on bow builds using snipe as a spammable, rendering the build unplayable. if this goes live its going to be a mess. who can we tag that's relevant to the issue? i tagged gina but never got a response (as well as submitting a bug report in game with no response).
  • Arwyr
    Arwyr
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_GinaBruno is anyone looking into fixing this before the update hits on the live servers? this will cripple a lot of builds if it goes live.
  • ne.ga.kurai_ESO
    ne.ga.kurai_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    It's not just bow skills. I noticed this on my NB, because I LA before everything. LA>Leeching Strikes is delayed the farther you are from a target. If you do it in melee range the delay is much less. If you LA>Leeching w/ no target selected its like it is on live.
  • Arwyr
    Arwyr
    ✭✭
    Anyone know if this issue made it to the live patch? Cant test til late tonight myself
  • Aluna
    Aluna
    ✭✭✭
    Yes they seriously pushed it onto live server, still without any word about fixing or even reading the bug reports. So since my main is unplayable now, is it time to leave the game or how do you expect us to deal with that?
    >6000h @ PC-EU
    Event Leader in the best Trading Union
    Streaming as Felunaris