The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

PTS Update 28 - Feedback Thread for New Crafting Writ UI

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for the new Crafting Writ UI. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
  • Were the quest indicators within the crafting UI helpful/clear in the following crafting screens:
    • Any equipment screen (Woodworking, Clothing, Blacksmithing, Jewelry Crafting)
    • Alchemy (please try this with more than one Master Writ, or a Master Writ and normal Writ
    • Enchanting
    • Provisioning
  • Did you use the Keyboard or Gamepad UI?
  • Do you have any other general feedback?
Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on September 21, 2020 7:09PM
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Nepenthe
    Nepenthe
    ✭✭✭
    The quest indicators were very helpful!
    I use gamepad UI, as I only have PC ESO for PTS.

I would *really* like to be able to do more than one Master Writ quest at a time. I usually make a spreadsheet before doing all of my master writs and occasionally I mess up transcribing and have to re-make an item (expensive!).I really feel it's an undue burden to have to go back and forth from my guild hall to the Master Writ turn-in each time I want to do a slew of writs.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Look at WritWorthy and Lazy Writ AddOns to see what players really want and need. These changes are great for Console players but PC players already have superior addons that actually address what they need to do.

For Master Writs, the FIRST step is to quickly discover whether the toon looking at the writ can craft it or not. Do what the WritWorthy AddOn does and give us this information in the tooltip.

Being able to have multiple Master Writ quests open for the same type of craft would also be useful to save a lot of back-and-forth between crafting halls and the turn-in location.
    Because of this issue, people don't even open the Master Writ, they just craft the items first -- the new Master Writ crafting won't help with this at all.

Before ZOS blindly charges ahead with Quality of Life improvements, do some research by looking at what AddOns people are using, and WHY. Look at PLAY PATTERNS.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on September 23, 2020 12:20AM
  • CyberOnEso
    CyberOnEso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Were the quest indicators within the crafting UI helpful/clear in the following crafting screens:
    Any equipment screen (Woodworking, Clothing, Blacksmithing, Jewelry Crafting)

Yes
    Alchemy
    H3TNT6x.jpeg
    You need to have learned the trait of the reagent for it to be marked with a quest icon.
    Doing this with some writs can end up showing just a list of reagents with the traits marked, but they will not work together to create the potion/ poison.
    Enchanting
    Works as intended, but you need to translate ta for example before it will show you, even though ta is in the quest text
    Provisioning
    Works as intended
    Did you use the Keyboard or Gamepad UI?
    Keyboard
    Do you have any other general feedback?
    i6WmrA6.png
    I believe this should read: 'Required 12 Sanded Ruby Ash', same applied to clothing and blacksmithing
    @CyberOnEso PC | EU - Jack of all Trades - Armory Style Manager Planesbreaker | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
  • CyberOnEso
    CyberOnEso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please can you add writ boards to Markarth, I know you don't usually do it for DLC zone hub cities, but you have made an amazing city that won't be used anywhere nearly as often as you don't have writ boards!
    @CyberOnEso PC | EU - Jack of all Trades - Armory Style Manager Planesbreaker | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
  • Milli_Rabbit
    Milli_Rabbit
    ✭✭✭
    I love this quality of life. I have used addons that do the same thing and I recently switched from PC to PS4. I wish more QoL updates happened like this for console. The next two big ones I want to see are ability timers similar to the Action Duration Reminder addon and buyable/discoverable maps that point out lorebooks or points of interest. Could also make it an NPC at the inns or bars that players can talk to for locations on these things.
  • Nepenthe
    Nepenthe
    ✭✭✭
    As an aside, Alchemy master writs do not currently display how many of each writ you have in your inventory correctly. For example, I have 3 writs asking for Sorcery-Draining Poison IX with: Breach, Increase Spell Power, Spell Critical, and 3 writs asking for Damage Health Poison IX with: Breach, Increase Spell Power, Ravage Health. The problem is, above the title "Sealed Alchemy Writ", it says I have 6 of each writ when they're in my inventory. When I put the Breach, Spell Power, Spell Critical writs in the bank, it says I have 3 more in my inventory when that is demonstrably untrue! This happens with many different Alchemy Master Writs, but this is the example I have on hand at the moment.

This bug makes it inordinately difficult to do large numbers of Alchemy Master Writs, as I need to manually verify the number of each Alchemy Master Writ that I have!