The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

PTS Update 28 - Feedback Thread for New Item Sets & Mythic Items

• Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Celestro wrote: »
    Firstmep wrote: »
    Executioners blade needs to have the "behind" requirement removed.

The skill this weapon enchances is already pretty terrible, at least this would make it a somewhat okay ranged execute ability.

As it stands no one will use this.

This. Or at the very minimum, allow it perhaps 100% execute damage from the front and 200% from the back so theres at least a minor alternative. Its already iffy to dedicate a set to doing something circumstantial like increased damage at the execute range (Kvatch Gladiator) or needing to flank (Flanking Strategist) but a mixture of the two? Just too questionable in my eyes.

Honestly the skill should've been reworked into something useful before they released a weapon around it.
    Old flying blade was fine as a semi ranged spammable, dunno why they had to change it.
    At the very least the teleport morph shouldn't require 2 gcd to gapclose.
    On a different note, I don't like how the team is pushing procsets so heavily, especially after the overwhelmingly negative feedback that was given during last pts and since stonethorn came live.
    It's clear that they didn't take no cp pvp into account when setting their fabled SBEs for procsets.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Question regarding Wrath of Elements: is the damage type determined by the type of Destruction Staff that you are using or does it just randomly pick a damage type each tick?

Hopefully it is the former option and, if so, that provides another pure elemental DoT to builds hoping to specialize in only a single element (e.g. Frost Mages, Shock Mages, Fire Mages).
  • Celestro
    Celestro
    ✭✭✭
    Celestro wrote: »
    Executioners blade needs to have the "behind" requirement removed.

The skill this weapon enchances is already pretty terrible, at least this would make it a somewhat okay ranged execute ability.

As it stands no one will use this.

This. Or at the very minimum, allow it perhaps 100% execute damage from the front and 200% from the back so theres at least a minor alternative. Its already iffy to dedicate a set to doing something circumstantial like increased damage at the execute range (Kvatch Gladiator) or needing to flank (Flanking Strategist) but a mixture of the two? Just too questionable in my eyes.

Honestly the skill should've been reworked into something useful before they released a weapon around it.
    Old flying blade was fine as a semi ranged spammable, dunno why they had to change it.
    At the very least the teleport morph shouldn't require 2 gcd to gapclose.
    On a different note, I don't like how the team is pushing procsets so heavily, especially after the overwhelmingly negative feedback that was given during last pts and since stonethorn came live.
    It's clear that they didn't take no cp pvp into account when setting their fabled SBEs for procsets.

Indeed, I was a massively huge fan of the old version. I've no idea why the overall change needed to happen except not wanting to give the weapon line two "spammables" (even though that's what Destruction Staff has with Force Shock and Impulse technically). I understood somewhat with their intent behind changing Flying Blade to be a gap closer (albeit sucky with the 2 gcd use as you said) since 2H has one and well bow is ranged, thus providing stamina some more options on that front, but having to add the interrupt option was just unnecessary to me, especially since bow already has an interrupt if you really want one.

As foolish as it was, I was hoping the arena weapon for it would give it the option of being a straight spammable again by like taking away the Off Balance feature and upping damage lol. Its nothing phenomenal or particularly unique at all whatsoever but nevertheless something I would desire for having a sufficient ranged option as a stamsorc main.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Question regarding Wrath of Elements: is the damage type determined by the type of Destruction Staff that you are using or does it just randomly pick a damage type each tick?

Hopefully it is the former option and, if so, that provides another pure elemental DoT to builds hoping to specialize in only a single element (e.g. Frost Mages, Shock Mages, Fire Mages).

Not determined by staff type.
  • Env_t
    Env_t
    ✭✭✭
    The White-Gold War Torte requires a unit of Molten War Torte, as well as a new ingredient, Mourning Dew. This item is found, very rarely, from crafting resource nodes throughout Cyrodiil.

are they dropping from Cyrodiil delves, or only overland?

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by Env_t on September 27, 2020 6:18PM
  • MrZeDark
    MrZeDark
    ✭✭✭
    Which of the Mythic Items did you use, what was your build/playstyle, and what content did you run?
    Ring of The Pale Order

Did anything you received feel under or over-powered?
    I am a non-light weaving mag necro (running shimmering fenzy), who pumps about 61k with monster helm(s), 64-68k with this mythic (crit chance swing & dps timing on self heal). I think it's well balanced. As I will always have to ask myself if the gains are worth the loss of outside heals.

Would you include any of the new item sets or Mythics in any of your current builds?
    Yes, I would include this ring even on some trials - but would drop it for some mechanics for survivability.

Do you have any other general feedback?
    I am playing a 'Support Necro' with Mad Arch and Catalyst. I create more value to my group by keeping uptimes on Fire/Electric/Frost DOT to maximize Catalyst up-time. I find that my work through DoT up-time and blend of DD works well with this new Mythic Item. It could still be sustainable; I believe, at 10%. Though the 15% is great, I cannot comment if other DPS have found a way to abuse this - much how Thrassians turned out to be exploitable for high gains.
    I would like to comment though, that as a vamp, what I really like is that Shimmering shuts off when cost = health total. As opposed to over healing its cost through this Mythic and maintaining shimmering.
    I do feel as though it should be paid attention too, that pets should count as your DMG with this ring. As should sets that deal dmg and sets that heal you. Some interesting builds could come from this ring, if you allow for this. While I still feel as though it may hurt some players who take it too far, and should be utilizing a healer in group.
    On that note, I think this ring should work differently in pvp - as should many things. To keep a fair balance between PvE and PvP Combat.
    Edited by MrZeDark on September 27, 2020 1:41PM
  • Portos1122
    Добрый день , не знаю куда писать . На тестовом сервере в дополнении маркарта нету у персонажей анимации разговора у всех персонажей , перезапуск не помогает .
  • Icaruzs
    Icaruzs
    ✭✭✭
    Veteran PVE player here

From what i tested and see other people testing about Vateshran weapons

Wrath of Elements

I felt that the dot is too weak to be justify not using a monster set or not using a maelstorm. Also the elements are random they just should be in a sequence (fire then ice then lightining for example), because that would allow DD's to run elemental catalist more easily.

DD's as a whole doesn't run elemental weakness and with the nerf to minor magicka steal, they wont run elemental drain for sure. This set can be a away to elemental weakness be used for dd's if it gets buffed, if the set stay the same when it release there will be no reason to run this set with zaan out there. So make it for appealing or increase the beam aoe.

Force Overflow

A pretty good set, but needs to have the beam distance increased, since healers in trials and dungeonss stay away back from the DD's and tank ( and that's the idea of the set, you set far back so the beam can go through your group members)

Void Bash

The distance that this set pulls is too small for justifing using bash, maybe like 22 meter? or 17 meter? it for sure needs to be increased the pulling distance, to be in pair with other pulling skills.

Point-Blank Snipe

You lose the distance passive from bow skill line being so close, so in fact is just a 21% increase since you wont have the distance passive that gives you 12% increase damage. I would suggest 10 meter? but for sure needs to be increase the range but not so much for snipers to abuse in pvp.

Executioner’s Blade

Hidden blade is too expensive for using as an execute, and DW tree already have an execute that's AOE and don't require attacking from the back of enemy. it feels like the weapon doesn't bring anything new, since Whirling Blades is cheaper and much more effective. Needs new effects.

Now about the mythics

Pearls of Ehlnofey

Needs a lot of buffs, i can't see anyone using this set at all, is too weak. Needs a total rework, the same with older mythic items

Ring of the Pale Order

Pretty ok set, i would reduce a bit the healing but overall a good soloing set.

About other mythics, i think most of them needs buffs or get reworked, like blood lords embrance that no one uses or the snow boots.

Edited by Icaruzs on September 27, 2020 4:46PM
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question:

Wrath of Elements does not proc glyphs/poisons. As far as I remember, the weapon sets effects are considered to be part of the skill they are effecting. So Wrath of Elements is supposed to be an extension to the "Weakness to Elements" skill and therefore it is also supposed to proc glyphs/poisons. Because the effect is also a persisting one, it should also proc the glyphs/poisons even on bar swap.

Am I wrong?

• YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wrath of Elements sounds like a huge bust of an item if it just randomly rotates elements.

Why WOULDN'T it simply use the damage type of your staff?

It makes intuitive sense and is fewer calculations for our poor servers.
  • skinnycheeks
    skinnycheeks
    ✭✭✭✭
    I put together a feedback video for the arena weapon sets. There are timestamps if anyone wants to jump to a specific weapon. Mostly from a PvE perspective.

https://youtu.be/GPY7ONJxNOc
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Question:

Wrath of Elements does not proc glyphs/poisons. As far as I remember, the weapon sets effects are considered to be part of the skill they are effecting. So Wrath of Elements is supposed to be an extension to the "Weakness to Elements" skill and therefore it is also supposed to proc glyphs/poisons. Because the effect is also a persisting one, it should also proc the glyphs/poisons even on bar swap.

Am I wrong?

Damage dealing not by skill but by set so it considered like just another proc set, similarly to brp destro - it doesnt deal damage by Impulse overtime but by Wild Impulse that just proc. Proc sets doesnt proc glyphs/poisons.
  • ArtOfShred
    ArtOfShred
    ✭✭✭
    Completely agree with one of Skinny Cheeks' proposed changes for Frenzied Momentum.

Bring back the old effect Momentum used to have ages ago - stacking Weapon Damage every second the effect is active - and use it for that.
    Edited by ArtOfShred on September 28, 2020 9:04AM
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that you´ve shown that you can adjust overperforming sets like Oblivion´s Foe:
    Oblivion’s Foe: Oblivion’s realms have been full as of late with the poor souls affected by this set, so it is being reworked again. Whenever you deal damage with Soul Magic using the 5-piece bonus, you mark the target’s soul, dealing 12820 Magic Damage over 10 seconds.

When are we going to see adjustments to Sheer Venom and Venomous Smite? These sets are being abused like nothing else and is making NOCP on the edge to un-playable.
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Buffing Vate 2h is such a bad decision.
    The set already provides some of the highest delayed bursts you can get from any set in the game.
    All other sets that provide burst have much harder proc requirements and they aren't AoE.
    Additionally there is almost no charge time as Vate procs on medium attacks, you can hold your mouse button for 0.2 sec and the set will proc
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crimson Twilight and Resilient Yokeda needs its reduction of heal from 100% to ~50%. In its current state it grant too much stuggering power into brawler build.
    Also in comparison to other similar effects its effect too overtuned. For example Surge restore 15% of damage as mana, but CT and RY 100%, in addition its healing can be boosted even further by healing modifiers like Vitality buffs, etc.
    So its vampiric drain should be placed in line to strength of familar skills.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feedback on Frenzied Momentum:

This weapon adds way too much burst seeing how easy it is to build up stacks. Seeing this weapon getting a damage buff due to some spreadsheet balance logic makes no sense....

But this weapon needs a few adjustments:
    1. You shouldn´t be able to gain stacks while not in combat
    2. Entering stealth/sneak or leaving combat should remove the stacks.

Bot of these are needed to prevent this set from being abused by gankers, which is already an obnoxious playstyle as it is.
  • Tiggeh
    Tiggeh
    Soul Shriven
    Feedback on (underperforming?) Pestilent Host
    • 2 – Adds 1487 Physical Penetration
    • 3 – Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
    • 4 – Adds 129 Weapon Damage
    • 5 – Adds 1487 Physical Penetration
    • 5 – Whenever you kill an enemy afflicted with a poison effect, their corpse releases a writhing mass of Fetcherflies, which seek out the nearest enemy within 12 meters, causing them to bleed for 31200 Physical Damage over 10 seconds.

First of all I really like the extra Penetration that you get from this set, since this is very much needed for the DoT you're trying to stack with this set. The best way to use this set would probably be Sheer Venom (needs Execute damage ability) together with Steel Tornado or Reverse Slice for constant poison AoE DoT in PvE, it just kinda sucks there right now. In PvP you would try to assassinate someone and follow up on whoever the Fetcherflies attach to.

PvP: I haven't tried it out here, but it seems to be a bit broken together with something like Unleashed Terror and either Maelstrom Arena Greataxe combined with stampede or Ambush for NB.

PvE: I tried running it as a solo StamCro with Sheer Venom in a few easy vet Dungeons and vMA, but it always underperformed. The main problem is, that you never get the 10 seconds out of the set. In vMA you just try to oneshot everything either way and the targets are too far away for the proc to work, whilst at soloing the Fetcherflies don't attach to the right targets. Even in trash fights the set barely did 5% of the overall damage, whilst having Sheer Venom and therefore Poison on dying targets up all the time.

Thus my suggestion: Change the set effect to something like:
    • Whenever you kill an enemy afflicted with a poison effect, their corpse releases 5 writhing masses of Fetcherflies, which seek out the nearest enemies within 12 meters, causing them to bleed for 6240 Physical Damage over 2 seconds. This can stack to upto 31200 Physical Damage over 10 seconds, if there are less than 5 targets available.
    • Whenever you kill an enemy afflicted with a poison effect, their corpse releases a writhing mass of Fetcherflies, which seek out the target with the currently highest hitpoints within 12 meters, causing them to bleed for 31200 Physical Damage over 10 seconds.
    Edited by Tiggeh on October 5, 2020 2:18PM
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elemental susceptibility should proc the new arena staff when it automatically refreshes; this morph is currently pretty terrible and unused and since you're all but killing elemental drain the staff won't see much use.

This will give it a better chance and also just makes sense with the skill.

Maybe also add a DoT or something to ele drain or a HoT or.. anything really other than just minor magickasteal and breach because currently on the PTS it's power budget is trash and I will not use it anymore.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ring of the Pale Order isn't worth using in 99% of content in PvE now but that's not really a problem or care for me; just letting you know, it's basically only useful in solo content now because the damage loss is too great in most other content.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for pointing me here @Taleof2Cities .

Repost from a thread I mistakenly started:

I got to try the ring out on the PTS in Vaneshran, and it actually felt really good, even with my mediocre dps. This item could have real potential for solo play and could give some of the struggling overland solo players a bit of help. It's a cool item, and there was really no need to dial it so far back. To keep it from being overpowered in trials, just add in a scaling effect so that for each person in your group, the efficacy is reduced by 5%. That means it'll still be somewhat strong in 4 person, but pretty useless in 12 person, where it could potentially eliminate the need for any healers and add even more power creep.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jodynn wrote: »
    Ring of the Pale Order isn't worth using in 99% of content in PvE now but that's not really a problem or care for me; just letting you know, it's basically only useful in solo content now because the damage loss is too great in most other content.

It was probably meant for solo content anyways. And it's still op for it. Especially if used with classes who already have op HoTs like sorcs crit surge, wardens vines etc. The heal is so great that theres no challenge to solo anything. You only have to watch out for stuff that can 1 shot you. With everything else you can go completely yolo ignoring all dmg and mechs. vMa and vVH are basically overland difficulty now lol.
  • SgtNuttzmeg
    SgtNuttzmeg
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pestilence Host- I feel like this set is trying to be too many things at once. I don't think it will be very good for PVE and if it is attempting to be stamina alternative to Vicious Death it's proc condition is a bit too specific. Too few classes have access to reliable source of poison damage. Currently the main class that will take advantage of this will be StamDKs in Imperial City. They will likely use their Noxious Breath attack to poison nearby NPCs to give other players this DOT. I would suggest either changing the Inevitable proxy det morph so that it was a stamina based version that dealt poison damage or removing the poison status effect condition from this set and making it so that only player deaths trigger this.

All things said, this is a really cool set and a great addition.
    Legions of Mordor Core

Cold0neFTBs
  • oscarovegren
    oscarovegren
    ✭✭✭
    Is the pale order ring intended to work with burning/poisoned status effect or not?
  • OlumoGarbag
    OlumoGarbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you consider that Mythic items are a little bit stronger then monster sets (depending on the build even alot stronger) you will see that Pearls of Ehlnofey are completly underperforming

Compared to bloodspawn:
    Bs:
    When you take damage, you have a 6% chance to generate 13 Ultimate and increase your Physical and Spell Resistance by 3731 for 5 seconds. This effect can occur once every 5 seconds.

13 ultimate and 4k resistance every 5 seconds even in pve this has solid uptime on tanks and pvp you have it up almost instantly.

Pearls: Whenever you cast a healing ability while your dominant resource is under 30%, gain 5 Ultimate.

Considering that you can only cast 1 or 2 healing abilites at 30% magicka (stamina) thats only 10 ultimate average.
    The absolute maximum if you find a way to actually use it to the max would be 25ultimate over 5 seconds while BS gives 13ult over 5 and 4k resist and is much easier to proc.

Here are some ideas to improve it:
    - make it work on 30% stam or mag pool, not only your max (exploitable by rolling after every cast but at the cost of missing heavy attacks and being at 0 stam when you would need it)
    - increase the pool to 40-50%
    - increase the ult to 6-9 ult per healing skill
    - increase the ult to 20 ulti but give it a 4 second cooldown

class representative for the working class, non-cp, bwb and Trolling
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So we see the that with the new Major / Minor Buff changes that sets that fielded Minor Buffs as their 5-piece bonus were provided with an additional line of stats to balance out their loss of power.

As we can see, one such set seems to have been forgotten:

gsx2mqarz0eq.png

Bastion of the Heartland has a unique 10% AoE reduction as its 5-piece bonus and, while it is unique and technically not a Minor Buff, it is of the same strength as Minor Evasion (which is accessible only to Wardens through a relatively unpopular morph of Bird Wings).

Bear in mind, that this 5-piece effect was recently nerfed from a unique 20% to the current 10%, a staggering 50% loss of power. Since the 10% figure likely will not be increasing, softening the blow of recent nerfs with an additional line of stats seems equitable.

If that is for some reason not possible, might we ever see a set (and/or a universally accessible skill) that provides Minor Evasion?
    Edited by YandereGirlfriend on October 19, 2020 5:54AM
  • Kory
    Kory
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just wanna give some feedback on Frenzied Momentum from Vateshran Hollows

Frenzied Momentum: "While Momentum is active, casting Stamina Abilities generates a stack of Frenzied Momentum for 20 seconds, increasing your Weapon Damage by 38 up to 5 times. Upon reaching max stacks, your next Heavy Attack will consume all stacks and release a violent explosion of energy around you, dealing 11721 Physical Damage to all enemies within 8 meters."

In my opinion, the tooltip for this is pretty low for something that needs to be built up, and requires a heavy attack. Where as the Maelstrom Arena's Merciless Charge is a one button damage proc that does similar numbers, and it's a damage over time. over 5 seconds, meaning it has burst just like Frenzied Momentum should have.
    Here's Merciless Charge: Dealing damage with Critical Charge causes enemies to bleed for 11032 Physical Damage over 5 seconds.

Since Frenzied Momentum's proc comes in after 5 stacks when you use stamina abilities, and then is all together consumed afterwards and then resets, and I think the damage should be higher than it is right now.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kory wrote: »
    Since Frenzied Momentum's proc comes in after 5 stacks when you use stamina abilities, and then is all together consumed afterwards and then resets, and I think the damage should be higher than it is right now.

Frenzied Momentum is plenty strong in PvP, @Kory ... I don't think it needs a buff.

Unless your statement is from a PvE perspective. However, heavy attack builds in PvE are not too common and most players seek out other Arena weapons with better utility.
  • Kory
    Kory
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kory wrote: »

Frenzied Momentum is plenty strong in PvP, @Kory ... I don't think it needs a buff.

Unless your statement is from a PvE perspective. However, heavy attack builds in PvE are not too common and most players seek out other Arena weapons with better utility.

Yeah not saying it's particularly weak it just could be better. I just think the balancing is inconsistent with how they seem to balance big proc damage. ZoS devs seem to say if the proc set has conditions then the damage is higher than something that is easier to proc. Frenzied Momentum has two conditions so to speak (5 stacks then get a heavy attack in) whilst I could use Merciless Charge that is just a guaranteed one button ability proc every time.

I am coming from a PvP perspective with this, because that's what I would use it for, I have a different PvE build. I just think the damage is not substantial enough for the build up to it, and the window of opportunity to heavy attack with a 2h weapon.
    Edited by Kory on December 22, 2020 3:40AM
  • PaddyVu
    PaddyVu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Following the question, my answer is :
    - Ring of the pale order
    - Heavy attack build style, all dlc content but solo.
    - Feel overpowered for most boss but underpowered for boss have damage shield
    - I remove zaan set to use ring of pale order
    - Nerf the healing from 18% to 12% ( total capped reduce from 2750 to 2500 ) and make it possible to heal when damage a shield target.
    Edited by PaddyVu on January 27, 2021 5:03PM