Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Update 28 - Feedback Thread for The Reach

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for The Reach. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
  • How many quests did you complete?
  • Which areas did you explore?
  • What’s the favorite and least favorite content you encountered?
  • Do you have any other general feedback?
Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on September 21, 2020 7:09PM
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Reach is apparently not available on the map location list.

I can access it by going to the Tamriel map and clicking on the zone from there, but it needs its own listing in the locations list to the right of the map UI.

The Blackreach:Arkthzand Cavern shows up ok however.
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • LickingHistSap
    LickingHistSap
    ✭✭✭
    The reach really needs to connect to Bangkorai and Craglorn. There are gates that exist in both zones that reach up there, but they remain unusable right now.
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Reach's border gate in Bangkorai doesn't lead to the reach, this is EXTREMEMLY immersion breaking and irritating that this happened, please fix it.

6h98ok8amtuh.png

s6lww9t2gcs3.jpg

Add Veyas hair for us players to use!
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The reach really needs to connect to Bangkorai and Craglorn. There are gates that exist in both zones that reach up there, but they remain unusable right now.
    The Reach's border gate in Bangkorai doesn't lead to the reach, this is EXTREMEMLY immersion breaking and irritating that this happened, please fix it.

6h98ok8amtuh.png

s6lww9t2gcs3.jpg

^^^ Agree with this. Please have some consistency with the zones and how they interconnect!
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Please fix the gate, I’m dying to walk from daggerfall all the way to ebonheart... including a brief stroll in blackreach 😇
  • AdamBourke
    AdamBourke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please fix the gate, I’m dying to walk from daggerfall all the way to ebonheart... including a brief stroll in blackreach 😇

I agree! I've been waiting for the day when you can walk freely between all alliances! This was so close to being a big step in that direction...
    PS4 - EU

Please put the Eyevea/EarthForge wayshrines back on the map?
  • Supreme_Atromancer
    Supreme_Atromancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The gate from Mournoth can't be used to travel to The Reach even though its very obvious it would lead there. Why has this been ignored? Exploring Tamriel is why I play this game, so its very important to me, and it makes no logical sense that it wouldn't connect.
  • TheRimOfTheSky
    TheRimOfTheSky
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tamriel map looks awful lol just like... move Craglorn down and only show stuff in the actual zone instead of random stuff around it so Reach has some space LMAO
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Karthwasten: The only town-like player-friendly (goodies instead of badies) location in all of the Reach, not including Markarth and some structures surrounding Markarth, includes only one home that is not locked. Four interesting looking wood cabins, three of them are locked. Super disappointing, once again. You can make this up to us by unlocking a second one, using a third one for some future quest for another DLC, and giving us the forth one as player housing. I still haven't gotten my mid-size skyrim cabin yet, so, yeh :relieved:
    2. Markarth, however, does not disappoint. Holy crap that place is amazing. Also, thank you for the cluster of unlocked dwemer buildings close to the wayshrine next to the city of Makarth. This makes for excellent first impression exploration, having buildings we can actually enter.
    3. The two player homes are just jaw dropping. The view of Makarth from the Dwemer home is absolutely to die for. I also love the interior layout of this home. It doesn't have those vastly large open spaces that immediately overwhelm you from even entertaining the purchase. The wizard towers are also a must have. Seriously, you guys have been killing it with housing this year.
    4. Much appreciation for having craftable furnishings specific to this DLC!
    5. I still need those furry throw-covered Solitude furnishings. Future luxury-vendor items, perhaps?
    Edited by Cireous on September 22, 2020 3:10AM
  • Fata1moose
    Fata1moose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the Ancestral Reach motif I wonder why some NPCs are walking around in the old motif that is graphically inferior. The old motifs aren't really adding value with variety rather I think they bring down the presentation. The new motif has better quality textures so I would put the NPCs in that.

92WuD1g.jpg
    Here is a character in old motifs that could be changed to the new one as an example.
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And I did that whole fricken prologue over again, lmao
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
  • Ozby
    Ozby
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many quests did you complete? 0 I like to save them for when it goes live.

Which areas did you explore? The Vateshran Hollows

What’s the favorite and least favorite content you encountered? Love all of it tbh

Do you have any other general feedback? Yes,

Inventory search needs to stay there till deleted ie: when you type in the field and go to a different tab it disappears.
    would also be good for the search function to be available in the upgrade and decon windows in a craft table.
    It is also only working intermittently when I typed "mother" it bought up winterborn and not mother's sorrow

Sets in the sticker book could do with a glow once learned so its easier to see what you know & what you do not.

All my gear in my coffers disappeared after opening them, hope this gets fixed before going live? However once I logged out and back in again all the belongings were back.

The New arena is very challenging even on normal. It will be extremely difficult on vet so may need to be tweaked a bit. Also the last boss in the arena bugged so I was unable to finish it, I ended up running around forever with just a ghostly minotaur and mage to kill with some lightning coming down, could not attack the minotaur but killed the mage every time but it was never ending just kept looping the same 2 guys with the lightning so I gave up.

Other than that so far its Fantastic! look forward to future changes and tweaks. Will do some more and post more feedback :smiley:
    Edited by Ozby on September 22, 2020 7:10AM
    PC NA
    Aurora Bravepaw (Healden), Basks in Fire (DKTank), Bran Artlion (Magplar), Brindel Seedthorne (Stamden WW), Brugo Gargak (Stamcro), Casimir Delmar (StamDK), Falco Bastion (Stamsorc), Fus Ro Dah (Stamplar), Gandalff the Gay (Petsorc), Jo-Qinan Betula (Magden), Laveera Hex (Magcro), Raine Whitestag (Stamden), Raised by Bears (Wardentank), Ralak Rotheart (Healcro), Selene Sunshadow MagDK), Shadow Mirage (NBTank), Slythe Rattlebone (Healplar), Ulfnor Dragonslayer (Tankcro).
  • CyberOnEso
    CyberOnEso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have created an amazing city in Markarth, but if it doesn't have a writ crafting board no one will use it.

I know it is standard for DLC cities to not have writ boards. But you are missing an amazing opportunity for people to stay in Markarth. It looks beautiful, just add the writ boards!
    @CyberOnEso PC | EU - Jack of all Trades - Armory Style Manager Planesbreaker | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
  • Supreme_Atromancer
    Supreme_Atromancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CyberOnEso wrote: »
    You have created an amazing city in Markarth, but if it doesn't have a writ crafting board no one will use it.

I know it is standard for DLC cities to not have writ boards. But you are missing an amazing opportunity for people to stay in Markarth. It looks beautiful, just add the writ boards!

Yep. Give me as much reason as you can to spend my time here! Markarth is amazing.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The landscapes are visually amazing, both above and below ground, but for the most part they feel empty. There's just nothing going in most places, no mobs, no nodes, no books, no lootable containers. This makes exploration feel a bit dull and boring. Certainly not as much fun as the base game areas are to explore..
    PC EU
  • LickingHistSap
    LickingHistSap
    ✭✭✭
    The landscapes are visually amazing, both above and below ground, but for the most part they feel empty. There's just nothing going in most places, no mobs, no nodes, no books, no lootable containers. This makes exploration feel a bit dull and boring. Certainly not as much fun as the base game areas are to explore..

I agree, I feel like some more clutter would go a long way for the Reach.
  • Kajuratus
    Kajuratus
    ✭✭✭
    Only feedback I want to give is this.
    0ynrWF1.jpg
    Also Craglorn could do with a gate into the Reach
    So the Dark Elves have weird alien architecture, where people live in mushroom towers and the shell of a giant crab, but the High Elves, the pinnacle of technology, the most magically advanced race in Tamriel, are still stuck in slightly pretty, fairly tall stone buildings? Not even a hint of a glass city? Are stainless glass windows really enough to claim that a city is made of glass?
  • Fata1moose
    Fata1moose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they do something with the Bangkorai gate I hope they make it look somewhat Reach themed as well.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Shrine of the Hunt-Father is a disappointing questline with no payout, despite how important the artifacts are to Hircine's aspects. There is no achievement, and you cannot even see the things you contribute to the shrine. The questgiver is High Shaman Glynroch, and the symbols he is looking for are detailed in the book titled Aspects of Lord Hircine, and some of the totems also fit the descriptions from the book The Totems of Hircine.

Symbol of Alrabeg- Already collected when you start. The symbol of this aspect is stated in the book as the Spear of Bitter Mercy. The model for this spear already exists in-game as an artifact skin, there is no reason why the spear whose model already exists in-game cannot be placed in the shrine.

Symbol of Storihbeg- His symbol is the Wolf Skull Totem, which is heavily implied to be the Totem of Fear we see in TES 4: Skyrim. Storihbeg is said to be the origin for Lycanthropy ("Storihbeg, the King of Wolves. He brought us the gift of skinshifting, to remind us that we are predators, not prey.") Similarly, the Totem of Fear is a totem made from a wolf's skull and is said to be the source of Lycanthropy. ("a carved skull, of the wolf itself. Used by those ancient shamans in the blood ceremonies that created our lineage")

Symbol of Gulibeg - His Symbol is a Wand of Bone, and similarly, in the totems of hircine book, the Totem of the Hunt is described as a bone wand.

Symbol of Hrokkibeg - His symbol was seen in Morrowind's Bloodmoon expansion, the Totem of Claw and Fang. Its a callback to an old item.

Symbol of Uricanbeg - I think you guys get the point, His symbol is the Totem of the Brotherhood from Skyrim

Spear of Bitter Mercy Artifact, the Symbol of Alrabeg. Model already exists.
    ON-crown_store-Spear_of_Bitter_Mercy.jpg

From the left to right, the Totems of the Hunt (Symbol of Gulibeg), Fear (Symbol of Storihbeg), and Brotherhood (Symbol of Uricanbeg
    SR-item-Totems_of_Hircine.jpg

Totem of Fang and Claw, Symbol of Hrokkibeg
    BM-Img-TotemOfClawAndFang.jpg

Edited by Aliyavana on September 23, 2020 7:08AM
  • Donaldjdrumpf46
    Donaldjdrumpf46
    Soul Shriven
    *wrong thread*
    Edited by Donaldjdrumpf46 on September 22, 2020 10:05PM
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kajuratus wrote: »
    Only feedback I want to give is this.
    0ynrWF1.jpg
    Also Craglorn could do with a gate into the Reach

THIS.
    Add Veyas hair for us players to use!
  • CoolBlast3
    CoolBlast3
    ✭✭✭✭
    Add gate to Bangkorai + Craglorn. And add Veya hair
  • APGaming
    APGaming
    ✭✭✭
    I'd say linking the gate from Bangkorai to The Reach is a big thing. Also make sure the gate between Western Skyrim and The Reach also works, I saw somewhere else on the forums it was having issues. Otherwise beautiful zone and an amazing addition to the game.
  • Ekzorka
    Ekzorka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please ensure for avoiding the spoilers for your future content. The boss in Gloomreach delve could be a spoiler if you haven't a quest in your first exploration, also the main storyline questgiver is a big spoiler — that's not a good idea to showing a just resurrected character even after prologue.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ekzorka wrote: »
    Please ensure for avoiding the spoilers for your future content. The boss in Gloomreach delve could be a spoiler if you haven't a quest in your first exploration, also the main storyline questgiver is a big spoiler — that's not a good idea to showing a just resurrected character even after prologue.

If you havnt done the rivenspire questline before the prologue, verandis isnt dead and instead you resurrect a different exarch.
  • Ekzorka
    Ekzorka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    If you havnt done the rivenspire questline before the prologue, verandis isnt dead and instead you resurrect a different exarch.
    Yes, and this is a problem in non-linear chronology.
  • Meredy
    Meredy
    ✭✭✭

Yes! I was so excited for this!
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems a bit odd to me that one of The Reach's most iconic locations, Sky Haven Temple, is completely inaccessible. Even having it as a POI would have been better than completely glossing over the fact that it's there maybe? IDK just a thought. I know we aren't Dragonborn etc etc bit seems kinda silly for it to be basically glossed over.
    Edited by JD2013 on September 26, 2020 6:50PM
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

• Ekzorka
    Ekzorka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »
    Even having it as a POI would have been better than completely glossing over the fact that it's there maybe?
    But you found it, right?
    I think it shows that nobody know/cares what is this temple that nobody can reach. Don't forget that our character is not omniscient.
    Edited by Ekzorka on September 27, 2020 4:00PM
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ekzorka wrote: »
    JD2013 wrote: »
    Even having it as a POI would have been better than completely glossing over the fact that it's there maybe?
    But you found it, right?
    I think it shows that nobody know/cares what is this temple that nobody can reach. Don't forget that our character not omniscient.

Yeah I found it, but it just seems to be ..... there? As a non entity, which makes sense, story wise absolutely. It just seems a bit of a non thing for such an important lore piece.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners