The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Will we ever see separate group and solo queues for battlegrounds?

mandricus
mandricus
✭✭✭✭✭
I know that being stomped by a premade group when you are with a bunch of random players is not fun and it's a frustrating experience.
I understand the ratio behind the decision to temporary remove group queue and to allows only random teams to be formed.

HOWEVER

This is an MMO, first and foremost. We don 't play it like a single player game, we play it with friends, and me and all of my friends are really missing the old days when we were able to queue togheter and jump in a battleground to have some fun togheter (no, we were not a "real"premade, and yes, most of the times we were absolutely stomped by premade groups, but we had a lot of fun anyway). And I guess we are not the only ones.

To all of us, the solution has always been very simple: two separate queues, one for solo players, one for groups, allowing only 2 people or 4 people to queue. That way groups will play with groups (2 players will "take the risk" of being placed with other 2 random guys against a full premade), solo players will play against solo players, everyone happy.

And yet here we are, after 8 months (if I remember correctly), still waiting for a fix to this "temporary solution".

Is there any hope we will ever see two separate queues for BGs?

If things are more complicated than that, and there are other hard constraint to consider, please consider giving us at least some explanations about why it's not possible to realize what a large chunk of your player base has suggested since day 0 (two separate queues). That would be highly appreciated. It's quite hard for us to accept the current state of bgs (solo queue only) as the only way to deal with the "premade problem" without any further explanation.
Edited by mandricus on September 17, 2020 9:28PM
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just read one if the other threads.. chances are pretty low that this one will add anything new
    mandricus wrote: »
    This is an MMO, first and foremost. We don 't play it like a single player game, we play it with friends, and me and all of my friends

Well, not everyone is a part of your "we"

Edited by Daemons_Bane on September 17, 2020 9:34PM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    During QuakeCon, @ZOS_RichLambert hinted that there will be a change coming soon™ ... but no other details were given.

Don't have the link unfortunately. :|

Edited by Taleof2Cities on September 17, 2020 10:00PM
  • Swomp23
    Swomp23
    ✭✭✭✭
    Queues are already long enough as it is. If the pool of available people is split in 2, it will only be worse
    XBox One - NA
  • crjs1
    crjs1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The change was the best thing to happen to Battlegrounds since they were introduced. They should only add a separate queue if there is the population to sustain it, otherwise leave it as it is.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    crjs1 wrote: »
    The change was the best thing to happen to Battlegrounds since they were introduced. They should only add a separate queue if there is the population to sustain it, otherwise leave it as it is.

This opinion is based on interest. Playing an MMORPG solo then yet a solo queue makes sense. Playing an MMORPG to play with others then no it did not. Regardless, it reduced the competitiveness of BGs.

Also, doubt we have the player population in PvP to support two queues. Splitting the queue in two would make the queue take longer.
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/543622/group-bgs-coming-back
    crjs1 wrote: »

I guess there is sufficient data to support it.
    Swomp23 wrote: »
    Queues are already long enough as it is. If the pool of available people is split in 2, it will only be worse

Kind of a non sequitur really. Fewer people are queuing currently. So the current state of the queue does not reflect reality, nor the previous state of the population when grouping was permitted.
    Edited by mairwen85 on September 17, 2020 11:45PM
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully zos reveal news about bgs in 2 days on saturday stream. Definetly not expecting complexed adjustments with improved incenetives to lurke players into bgs :expressionless:
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Solo queues are way better, and more fair to everyone. And I think there are WAY too few players interested in PvP to barely even fill one BG, hence the two and three man teams that often pop up. So two different queue's wouldn't be possible.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    During QuakeCon, @ZOS_ hinted that there will be a change coming soon™ ... but no other details were given.

Don't have the link unfortunately. :|

2 years ago they also said there was a change to CP, there would be information soon.

• Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    Hopefully zos reveal news about bgs in 2 days on saturday stream. Definetly not expecting complexed adjustments with improved incenetives to lurke players into bgs :expressionless:

Dont think they can do 2 separate queues with how bad the rewards are atm.

Id be okay with the premade queue having better rewards, otherwise we will end up fightning the same 3-4 teams every game.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Considering that I am only one person and I personally know five other people besides me who won't play BGs now because they only played with spouses/SOs/friends, I suspect that there are in fact enough people not playing because of the solo queue to support a group queue. There are quite a few couples that play together as a paired activity and have no interest in splitting up their playtime together to do solo things. And there are guilds that dropped BGs as a regular group activity when it went solo.
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    mandricus wrote: »
    This is an MMO, first and foremost. We don 't play it like a single player game, we play it with friends, and me and all of my friends are really missing the old days when we were able to queue togheter and jump in a battleground
    Minyassa wrote: »
    Considering that I am only one person and I personally know five other people besides me who won't play BGs now because they only played with spouses/SOs/friends, I suspect that there are in fact enough people not playing because of the solo queue to support a group queue. There are quite a few couples that play together as a paired activity and have no interest in splitting up their playtime together to do solo things. And there are guilds that dropped BGs as a regular group activity when it went solo.

And a ton of people left it because it was open for groups.. arguments can be made for both sides.. the only real question is whether battlegrounds can scrounge up enough players for 2 separate queues
  • stybbe17b16_ESO
    stybbe17b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    They said it would come back sooner than expected. So maybe in 2-3 years.
  • OlumoGarbag
    OlumoGarbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sarannah wrote: »
    Solo queues are way better, and more fair to everyone. And I think there are WAY too few players interested in PvP to barely even fill one BG, hence the two and three man teams that often pop up. So two different queue's wouldn't be possible.

The PvP population is shrinking. But thats not due to lack of interest. It's because how terrible zenimax has treated the PvP community over time. Cyro being not playable and BGs being a chaotic procfest without a even slightest amount of teamplay or reward for sticking to your group. The state of the PvP is the worst it has ever been. That's the real reason why no one wants to invest alot of time in it anymore.
    class representative for the working class, non-cp, bwb and Trolling
  • mandricus
    mandricus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not agree. Talking in general, PvP in this game is wonderful. Could improve in some areas (performance in Cyrodiil first and foremost) but It could be a lot worse. Classes are amazing, balance is good (please note: I've 12 characters, a Stamina and a Magicka of each class, and I've played them all in PvP; I then realized that most of the people that complains on this forum about class imbalance usually didn't ever play one single time the class they complains against, and that's pretty obvious to anyone that has played the class for real). The combat of this game is one of the most amazing I've ever seen. I play this game since 2015 and still love It.
    Edited by mandricus on September 19, 2020 9:23AM