The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stamblades are the weakest stamina class this patch

Ariades_swe
Ariades_swe
✭✭✭✭✭
Damage and defense sucks.
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - And other lies we can tell each other for laughs.
    At least 3 of each class. PVPing Since IC.
  • Tammany
    Tammany
    ✭✭✭✭
    Damage is perfect, defence is meh indeed (against players who know what to do).
    Would be decent without every dude choking detection potions tho
  • JinxxND
    JinxxND
    ✭✭✭✭
    Damage on the class is really high it's burst is just predictable and avoidable, if you aren't doing damage your build is just bad, only gripe with the class is everything outside of AoE and gapclosers breaking stealth such as single target abilities and light/heavy attacks. Would still like to see a self cast major sorcery/brutality on leeching strikes/siphoning attacks and moved off of sap essence/power extraction opening more builds viable outside just 2h one and slotting degen on magblade which isn't a good skill for the class and makes them detectable
    Edited by JinxxND on September 15, 2020 8:45PM
    PC NA -
    'Jinxx - Nightblade
    'Jinxx X Necromancer
  • Noszet
    Noszet
    ✭✭✭
    I thought stamplars are the worst stam class this patch.
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Untrue imo
  • Atherakhia
    Atherakhia
    ✭✭✭✭
    They are hardly the weakest, but that doesn't mean they don't need improvement. Invis should be more reliable. If that means it needs to cost more, so be it.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dmg is fine, defence/healing is super bad, and has been for a good long while.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Atherakhia wrote: »
    They are hardly the weakest

With respect, what stamina spec is actually worse?
  • Atherakhia
    Atherakhia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dalsinthus wrote: »
    Atherakhia wrote: »
    They are hardly the weakest

With respect, what stamina spec is actually worse?

Overall most Stamina classes in this game are well off just because the weapon options are so strong. But I would say Templar is worse off. I'd even say Sorc is worse off. Downfall of Stam Nightblades is they're really better off with the heal than the invis.
  • pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    If stamblade could not cloak they would be the absolute worst class in the game. The problem is the only thing that makes us viable at all is broken as ***. Sure we can kill *** easy, but we are also easily caught. There are very few NBs who are pro enough to make it look really good.
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Um a little speed and they are practically impossible to chase down when combined with cloak and shade. even with detect pots and can still hit like a truck.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    give us more damage.
    this patch nightblade damage is lowered, it's true.
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NB asking for damage buffs in Greymoor??
    giphy.gif
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    techyeshic wrote: »
    Um a little speed and they are practically impossible to chase down when combined with cloak and shade. even with detect pots and can still hit like a truck.

You see the one that gets away, try playing one and see how impossible it is.
  • FirmamentOfStars
    FirmamentOfStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    give us more damage.

Just because you say it, doesnt mean it is true. Actually the opposite happened, since grim focus provides additional crit damage. Therefore damage of nightblades went up and is by far not bad. Decent stamnb builds hit pretty hard already with only surprise attack and tend to land 10k incaps and 15k bow procs. Pls stop posting false information, thx.
  • Xiomaro
    Xiomaro
    ✭✭✭
    In my experience, playing both with and against Stamblades, Shadow Image is a NB's best defense.

I mainly play Stamsorc which has a pretty easy time against a lot of Nightblades. But there are still some Nightblades I simply can't kill because of good Shadow Image use.

And the damage seems more than sufficient to me.
    PC EU No CP PVP
    Xiomaro: Nord Stamsorc
    Xio'maro: Breton Magsorc
    Falura Avelni: Dunmer Vampblade
    Ulric Longboi: Nord Stamden
    Sha'boom-boom: Orc Werewolf Tank
    Morga The Roarer Nord Stamcro
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bruh
  • pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    give us more damage.

Just because you say it, doesnt mean it is true. Actually the opposite happened, since grim focus provides additional crit damage. Therefore damage of nightblades went up and is by far not bad. Decent stamnb builds hit pretty hard already with only surprise attack and tend to land 10k incaps and 15k bow procs. Pls stop posting false information, thx.

10k ultimate? OMG nerf!! This just amazes me that people actually complain that an ultimate can hit for 10k. And what is a 15k bow proc and how is this NB specific?
  • Recapitated
    Recapitated
    ✭✭✭✭
    pauld1_ESO wrote: »
    10k ultimate? OMG nerf!! This just amazes me that people actually complain that an ultimate can hit for 10k. And what is a 15k bow proc and how is this NB specific?

Nobody said nerf, and if you don't know that bow procs are specific to NBs I uh...
  • pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    The_Camper wrote: »
    Xiomaro wrote: »
    In my experience, playing both with and against Stamblades, Shadow Image is a NB's best defense.

I mainly play Stamsorc which has a pretty easy time against a lot of Nightblades. But there are still some Nightblades I simply can't kill because of good Shadow Image use.

Other classes can do just as much damage but don't have to rely on running away (shadow-image) or hiding (cloak). I have to glass cannon to do the damage I do, other classes like Stamden do not. In fact....they can run in no cp with 30k+ health and still burst the *** out of things. no hiding or running required.....

But let's keep crying about NBs.....

you just talk and talk in every single thread and judging by loads of crap you post, you have no idea what you're talking about. yet here, you don't know what a nb bow proc is and yet you comment on how nbs are performing. Take some time looking into some stuff.

If you have arguments against anything I say present them. Saying I post "loads of crap" is not an argument. Saying I don't know what I am talking about is not an argument. Present your case or don't say anything at all.

And I did not realize he meant relentless proc since he over-exaggerated the damage it does. 15k lol....
  • Xiomaro
    Xiomaro
    ✭✭✭

Other classes can do just as much damage but don't have to rely on running away (shadow-image) or hiding (cloak). I have to glass cannon to do the damage I do, other classes like Stamden do not. In fact....they can run in no cp with 30k+ health and still burst the *** out of things. no hiding or running required.....

It's kinda Nightblades unique selling point, no? Getting to choose which fights you commit to. Stamdens can stand there and fight but if they bite off more than they can chew, they're out of luck. Nightblades can get out of or continue to harass in some crazily outnumbered scenarios.

If people try to build Nightblades like Wardens and enjoy it (regardless of whether they're successful at it or not) then more power to them. But Warden has tools in its kit that make it really good at that playstyle.

As a Stamsorc, my class-given damage is terrible. Much, much worse than Nightblade. We recently got Crystal Weapon which is nice. But we don't have the crazy delayed burst a Warden, Necro or Magsorc has. What we do have is access to minor and major expedition, streak and virtually infinite sustain. So, sure, my burst up close will literally never rival a Warden. But I can chase low enemies down better than anything in the game. Or, much like a Nightblade, escape a situation I'm never going to win.
    PC EU No CP PVP
    Xiomaro: Nord Stamsorc
    Xio'maro: Breton Magsorc
    Falura Avelni: Dunmer Vampblade
    Ulric Longboi: Nord Stamden
    Sha'boom-boom: Orc Werewolf Tank
    Morga The Roarer Nord Stamcro
  • FirmamentOfStars
    FirmamentOfStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The_Camper wrote: »

you just talk and talk in every single thread and judging by loads of crap you post, you have no idea what you're talking about. yet here, you don't know what a nb bow proc is and yet you comment on how nbs are performing. Take some time looking into some stuff.

If you have arguments against anything I say present them. Saying I post "loads of crap" is not an argument. Saying I don't know what I am talking about is not an argument. Present your case or don't say anything at all.

And I did not realize he meant relentless proc since he over-exaggerated the damage it does. 15k lol....

I did not exaggerate at all. A well timed relentless proc hits between 10k and 20k. A well built stamnb has no problems hitting those numbers.
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JinxxND wrote: »
    Damage on the class is really high it's burst is just predictable and avoidable, if you aren't doing damage your build is just bad, only gripe with the class is everything outside of AoE and gapclosers breaking stealth such as single target abilities and light/heavy attacks. Would still like to see a self cast major sorcery/brutality on leeching strikes/siphoning attacks and moved off of sap essence/power extraction opening more builds viable outside just 2h one and slotting degen on magblade which isn't a good skill for the class and makes them detectable

Stamina nightblade is the best solo PVP class right now.
    give us more damage.

An almost spammable ultimate which hits or 10k + along with surprise attack which hits for 10k + along with bow proc which can hit for 17k+. Enough to delete the tankiest player IMO and that is on a build with enough sustain and decent defense
    This is possible only on a stamina nightblade

The problem there is so many really bad nightblades who have no idea how to put together a build or play the class.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Im like fairly certain after the recent nerfs, stamplar takes the cake on worst pvp stam class atm.

It used to have no mobility and survivability, but good damage, now they have taken our damage away as well.

I guess i can pop down cleansing circles in bgs for teammates? Such utility!
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    techyeshic wrote: »

You see the one that gets away, try playing one and see how impossible it is.

Wood elf here. Even in 5 med I can literally outrun almost anything
  • xI_The_Owl_Ix
    xI_The_Owl_Ix
    ✭✭✭✭✭

give us more damage.

An almost spammable ultimate which hits or 10k + along with surprise attack which hits for 10k + along with bow proc which can hit for 17k+. Enough to delete the tankiest player IMO and that is on a build with enough sustain and decent defense

The problem there is so many really bad nightblades who have no idea how to put together a build or play the class.

Not agreeing with the OP but incap has a sound cue when cast and can be dodged because of that. Same goes for the bow proc which plays a very loud sound cue when its fired, making it easy dodgable. While other skills like shalks or leap dont play a sound at all.

Its especially bad because of the cast time of incap and the very slow travel speed of bow proc, which with the addition of the sound cues make them easily dodgable and therefore the burst combo very clunky. Its the worst burst combo on any class, imo that is.
    Edited by xI_The_Owl_Ix on September 17, 2020 3:56AM
  • WiredandTired
    WiredandTired
    ✭✭
    Don't mind Phoenix, I really don't know what his/her deal is with nightblades. Maybe ganked once or twice too many times and traumatized. I completely get it as I've been on the receiving end of it many a time. It is completely bizarre as a magsorc is as good or even better a class also with the option to choose their engage/disengage. Any sort of nightblade thread will be pooed by him/her.

That being said stamblade is in a good position. The change to surprise attack and the introduction of some very good sets like eternal vigor and stuhns really already pushed up its potential. Nightblade is an easy or tough class to do well on. Easy in the sense that you can jump in and be an opportunist to kill a person already engaged which a ton of people dislike, but to be the elusive fight outnumbered nightblade is a whole other conversation. There are numerous counters to stealth and yes it is annoying and frustrating chasing down an elusive nightblade, but thats the game, its no more frustrating than trying to kill a 3x streaking magsorc, a pillar humping warden spamming their heal/ice fortress, or any other things people feel are a get out of jail free card.

Magblades on the other hand are terrible, aside from being bound to certain sets to gank in 1-2 GCDs or die trying.
    Edited by WiredandTired on September 17, 2020 4:10AM
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    give us more damage.

What?

NB hits harder than ever. I do on my Stamblade and get hit by other stamblades with 7k-15k KO punches.. through 30-35k physical resistance with Minor Prot on. In a serious damage setup a melee Stamblades spectral bow procs hit hard af even to tanky targets.

Yes, experienced people can avoid the burst combo with well timed Dodges or blocking and healing with a % heal while Malu procs on a 35k hp Stamden..

On those types of enemies you need the Stun and combo to go perfectly.

But, NB is really strong and was already last update. Current meta with all the strong dot procs makes Cloak & Shade valuable (when those work) tool that allows to go full damage pretty much. The strenght of the burst has actually made many go even more tanky with more hp and switched from Balorgh to Malu for example, so can actually survive the bursts you get. If you go full damage on any other than NB, you get nuked by NBs in 3 seconds pretty much unless go full Sonic speed atleast.

So not sure what game you are playing if you feel NB damage is lower? It is not just because of the AoE tests that Stamblade numbers have been increasing again. It is noticeable how many switched from Sorcs to NB this update as an example at PCeu Cyro and IC.

You might need to update your build and playstyle perhaps if you feel NB damage is low. NB damage is higher, mitigation is lower. Facts.
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This post deserve nothing but a spam of laugh reacts, is it ironic? Nightblade in a proc set meta is by far the best and easiest class because it cam spam cloak to get avoid all dot damage, plus the double nerf to impen is the most blatant indirect buff since shields got resistances added to them followed by a magsorc meta. it has the best and cheapest single target ult in the game hands down, combined with the hardest hitting non ult ability, it has shade which gives minor maim and cloak for a “Im about to get clapped, time to hide for 10 seconds button”. The class can literally insta kill anyone under 25k health with a poison inject on target, incap and bow.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

give us more damage.

Not agreeing with the OP but incap has a sound cue when cast and can be dodged because of that. Same goes for the bow proc which plays a very loud sound cue when its fired, making it easy dodgable. While other skills like shalks or leap dont play a sound at all.

Its especially bad because of the cast time of incap and the very slow travel speed of bow proc, which with the addition of the sound cues make them easily dodgable and therefore the burst combo very clunky. Its the worst burst combo on any class, imo that is.

I've put mass hysteria back to my bar for this reason.
    You can usually land incap or spectral within the cc window.
    Ofc using the cast time on incap to get the bow proc off faster, and stunning with incap is still the preferred way to do it.