The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PvP September 2020

• HanStolo
    HanStolo
    ✭✭✭
    pauld1_ESO wrote: »
    There are tons of builds that can pull off just as much, but don't have to hide to do it or run away to live....but this was a NB so yea....we're going to nitpick a 12k ultimate crit.....meanwhile wardens and destro ults are mowing down entire groups....especially a sorc popping their destro ult and streaking you down with it. But yea...a 12k melee skill with a cast time (short but still)...let's pick on that.

I wonder what your kb to death ratio is with those resistances? Probably do more damage than you should. NBs have to play glass cannon to do what they do, but I see tanky builds doing much more damage than they should too. You can't have it all.

completely agree. These tank builds are doing way more damage than they should be.
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »
    pauld1_ESO wrote: »
    There are tons of builds that can pull off just as much, but don't have to hide to do it or run away to live....but this was a NB so yea....we're going to nitpick a 12k ultimate crit.....meanwhile wardens and destro ults are mowing down entire groups....especially a sorc popping their destro ult and streaking you down with it. But yea...a 12k melee skill with a cast time (short but still)...let's pick on that.

I wonder what your kb to death ratio is with those resistances? Probably do more damage than you should. NBs have to play glass cannon to do what they do, but I see tanky builds doing much more damage than they should too. You can't have it all.

Lol who needs defense when you can hit 12k incaps, 15k spectral bows, 9k suprise attacks.

Duh its called STEALTH and Shade. The literal best defense I've ever seen in any game
  • Pauwer
    Pauwer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get hit way harder by stamdens ja stam necros all the time and i have 3300 crit resist and 25k resistances. I can post death recaps today if i can figure out how to get them from ps4 to here. You can see then. Also by good magsorcs, they can wipe me in few secs, but i have not encountered any for a while now.
  • Pauwer
    Pauwer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just last night i got the goliath ulti hit me 20k damage and it was invisble on my screen, i didn't see it cast or hit me at all until i was dead. Not like loud audible cast timed incap that you can easily dodge if you are awake and holding a mouse/controller, that only hits one target. You know?
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are talking of a class that passivly stuns with a skill that lowers armor without a status effect and does as much as a dizzy without cast time

Are you still defending it?

Also the ulti gives 20% more damage

I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • Tammany
    Tammany
    ✭✭✭✭
    Skander wrote: »
    We are talking of a class that passivly stuns with a skill that lowers armor without a status effect and does as much as a dizzy without cast time

Yep, the class whos main defensive ability can be countered by one cheap potion.
  • Pauwer
    Pauwer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In a big fight in pvp September 2020 9/11 i can't even cast warden healing instant ultimate. It just will not cast. Now, apply to nb ultis with programmed cast times. It's hard to stun and 20% more damage when it never works. You are very lucky to have incap in your death recap, not many can manage that.
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Repeat with me, this is fine

Also 28k resistences and 3k crit resist

Also not a gank

Hard class.3Lywy1c.png

Those there pretty low tooltips IMHO. I regularly see surprise attacks hit for 10k + and bow proc for 17k + on sustain heavy builds played by decent players. Stamblade is by far the best outnumbered pvp class right now. Its just that there are way too many sub par stamblades using garbage builds that have no idea what their class is capable of.

I would prolly re-roll to this class if i were you
    Edited by PhoenixGrey on September 11, 2020 9:54PM
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the bright side, there have been a lot less "buff NB" whine threads lately.

Silver lining.
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • JayKwellen
    JayKwellen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tammany wrote: »

Yep, the class whos main defensive ability can be countered by one cheap potion.

The same potion most people don't bother using.

They're cheap and give you ~17 full seconds of "I don't need to worry about nightblades because their main source of defense and a big part of their offence doesn't work anymore". And if you're a mag character you can make them (or have them made for you) to also restore mag and give you major sorcery! Yet people still complain about even having to use them. I guess counterplay really just means "you should die whenever I feel like it".

I kind of like it though, because as soon as I encounter someone using one my thought process instantly shifts too "this person knows whats up, gonna need to approach this fight differently if I don't wanna get smashed". It's a really good litmus test about the skill, or at the very least general awareness, of the other player.
    Edited by JayKwellen on September 12, 2020 3:34AM
    Xbox NA - JaeKwellen
    AD PvP
    Trying to main a magcro. This is awful.
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JayKwellen wrote: »

They're cheap and give you ~17 full seconds of "I don't need to worry about nightblades because their main source of defense and a big part of their offence doesn't work anymore". And if you're a mag character you can make them (or have them made for you) to also restore mag and give you major sorcery! Yet people still complain about even having to use them. I guess counterplay really just means "you should die whenever I feel like it".

I kind of like it though, because as soon as I encounter someone using one my thought process instantly shifts too "this person knows whats up, gonna need to approach this fight differently if I don't wanna get smashed". It's a really good litmus test about the skill, or at the very least general awareness, of the other player.

Mag classes who are going to use spell power ppts should have some as they lose less compared to those who use pots more reactively rather than preemptive buff. I've had as many NBs salty whispers when in on a mag character like that as I have seen cloak whine threads. Over half the builds in game lose out on valuable pot attributes though.

I don't think there is as much as an issue with NBs right now though, as much as how high the speed cap is and lag making your window to hit someone quite small
    Edited by techyeshic on September 12, 2020 3:51AM
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JayKwellen wrote: »

the problem with detect pots is that by the time you're able to use one, the fight is over, or more likely the stamblade realized he's going to lose the fight no matter how many times he tries and he just leaves. it's only useful for really persistent players who can't take a hint and go bother someone else.

also somehow managed to eat a 7.5k surprise attack through 30k resists, very cool. this damage is really stupid when your average vigor is barely over 2k.
    Edited by ecru on September 12, 2020 5:32AM
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • SshadowSscale
    SshadowSscale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why I don't play my nb anymore.... Way easier to play warden, necro, sorc etc.... More damage better burts combos and you don't die if someone sneezes on you.... Also there is not a new nerf post every day for your class.... Honestly I don't even slot any counters for nbs and I still kill them easily..... Meanwhile they struggle to kill me..... And that is with 18k resist and 2k crit resist while having 27k health..... So imo its a l2p issue but oh well
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think there is an arms race between offense and defense. Builds just keep getting tougher and tankier and as a response night blades have to keep building for more and more damage. If the average player wasn't built like a pseudo tank then night blades wouldn't need such high damage. I do think that tanky builds will pull ahead and win the arms race in the end. I wish people could just stop after reaching the point that they are immune to being killed from stealth, but they don't. They just keep getting beefier and tankier every passing day. Its as if unless they can survive 5 people at once, they aren't tanky enough yet. I keep watching duels that just drag on and on because neither person can crack the others defense or even run out of resources. Two brawny nords smashing away at each other with 2 handers and not even making a dent in each others health pool. Better hope a zerg rolls through or those boys will be fighting all night.

At least you can some what survive night blade burst, imagine all the poor potatoes just dipping their toes into pvp and getting blown up in two hits by both parties. Its disgustingly unhealthy. This is why we see so many nerf night blade threads and WTF!!!!!1111 literally immortal guy kills 10 players at ONCE!!!!111111 threads. I was in their shoes once and I see the truth is eso's pvp is actually just bad, there I said it. Its bad, but somehow enjoyable. I couldn't pin point exactly where the problem lies and its different every patch, but its always been bad. Only way you could perhaps end this cycle is if gear was taken away from pvp, but that will never happen. That isn't to say skill doesn't matter and its all the gear/build, but its gear and set bonuses that consistently cause every balance issue every patch.

I would at least like to see a test campaign with no gear or cp. Ever try out low level pvp? Its super enjoyable and I bet it would be a lot like that. I think that is why low level pvp is so much fun. No one has any of the meta sets on or its very rare. If you die then it is because you got outplayed and there is no, "I only died because X proc set is op this patch." To be fair X proc set usually is op that patch. It would be fun to try and there is no need to worry. If you are good, you will still be good without gear. o:)
    Edited by xxslam48xxb14_ESO on September 12, 2020 8:05AM
    I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
    The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
    but my delight will last and you will respawn.
    My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
    Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
    Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
    A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
    All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
    From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
    but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think there is an arms race between offense and defense. Builds just keep getting tougher and tankier and as a response night blades have to keep building for more and more damage. If the average player wasn't built like a pseudo tank then night blades wouldn't need such high damage. I do think that tanky builds will pull ahead and win the arms race in the end. I wish people could just stop after reaching the point that they are immune to being killed from stealth, but they don't. They just keep getting beefier and tankier every passing day. Its as if unless they can survive 5 people at once, they aren't tanky enough yet. I keep watching duels that just drag on and on because neither person can crack the others defense or even run out of resources. Two brawny nords smashing away at each other with 2 handers and not even making a dent in each others health pool. Better hope a zerg rolls through or those boys will be fighting all night.

At least you can some what survive night blade burst, imagine all the poor potatoes just dipping their toes into pvp and getting blown up in two hits by both parties. Its disgustingly unhealthy. This is why we see so many nerf night blade threads and WTF!!!!!1111 literally immortal guy kills 10 players at ONCE!!!!111111 threads. I was in their shoes once and I see the truth is eso's pvp is actually just bad, there I said it. Its bad, but somehow enjoyable. I couldn't pin point exactly where the problem lies and its different every patch, but its always been bad. Only way you could perhaps end this cycle is if gear was taken away from pvp, but that will never happen. That isn't to say skill doesn't matter and its all the gear/build, but its gear and set bonuses that consistently cause every balance issue every patch.

I would at least like to see a test campaign with no gear or cp. Ever try out low level pvp? Its super enjoyable and I bet it would be a lot like that. I think that is why low level pvp is so much fun. No one has any of the meta sets on or its very rare. If you die then it is because you got outplayed and there is no, "I only died because X proc set is op this patch." To be fair X proc set usually is op that patch. It would be fun to try and there is no need to worry. If you are good, you will still be good without gear. o:)

It's not just against nightblade, this patch with all the procsets your hp bar can dissappear so fast its not even funny.
    I don't particularly enjoy playing tanky builds, but I had to make adjustments for this patch like running a defensive weapon on backbar etc.
    I think for most people is just that they don't want to die.
    Also if you are only zerging than you really don't need a ton of dmg as you will always look to outnumber your opponents anyway.
    And if you are playing for outnumbered that you build tanky to be able to deal with the damage of multiple people.
    Nightblade is one of the only classes that can get away with building glass cannon anymore.
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah cause everyone should slot invisible pots as their potion just so they can deal with one class designed for gamers scared to die in a video game. Yup. Makes sense. Everyone side slots them, and then every time u use it you lose your sustain, its not exactly smooth swapping, and the detection radius is junk. Just go gank some more ppl until you come up with a better option
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Imagine needing defense on a class which can basically 2 shot everything else in this game.