The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PvP September 2020

Skander
Skander
✭✭✭✭✭
Repeat with me, this is fine

Also 28k resistences and 3k crit resist

Also not a gank

Hard class.3Lywy1c.png
I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
-Elder Nightblades Online
Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • precambria
    precambria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crit damage bonus has made incap into one of the most menacing abilities in no CP especially, one could argue that it is supposed to be menacing though, one could also call it a herpa derp Iwin button, it's all a matter of perspective.
  • pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are tons of builds that can pull off just as much, but don't have to hide to do it or run away to live....but this was a NB so yea....we're going to nitpick a 12k ultimate crit.....meanwhile wardens and destro ults are mowing down entire groups....especially a sorc popping their destro ult and streaking you down with it. But yea...a 12k melee skill with a cast time (short but still)...let's pick on that.

I wonder what your kb to death ratio is with those resistances? Probably do more damage than you should. NBs have to play glass cannon to do what they do, but I see tanky builds doing much more damage than they should too. You can't have it all.
    Edited by pauld1_ESO on September 8, 2020 4:38PM
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pauld1_ESO wrote: »
    There are tons of builds that can pull off just as much, but don't have to hide to do it or run away to live....but this was a NB so yea....we're going to nitpick a 12k ultimate crit.....meanwhile wardens and destro ults are mowing down entire groups....especially a sorc popping their destro ult and streaking you down with it. But yea...a 12k melee skill with a cast time (short but still)...let's pick on that.

I wonder what your kb to death ratio is with those resistances? Probably do more damage than you should. NBs have to play glass cannon to do what they do, but I see tanky builds doing much more damage than they should too. You can't have it all.

Lol who needs defense when you can hit 12k incaps, 15k spectral bows, 9k suprise attacks.
  • Jierdanit
    Jierdanit
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You cant really compare a rollerblade to the other stam builds, because the playstyle is just way different from the other specs.

On a medium stamBlade your defense consists of evading the enemies attacks with dodgeroll, cloak and shade and then bursting them down.At that part of the game stamBlade is by far the best spec.

Nearly all other stam specs play totally different since their defense is rather based around healing, resists etc.

So while it seems like the defense of stamDens, stamCros etc is way better than that of a stamBlade it really cant be said that easily because you can not really compare the hit and run playstyle of a stamBlade who is kiting 3 players and bursts them down one by one to a stamDen tanking 3 ppl with his heals and then bursting them down with a sub into DB combo.
    Edited by Jierdanit on September 8, 2020 8:38PM
    PC/EU, StamSorc Main
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Seems perfectly normal to me. Lots of skills can hit that hard.
  • Dorkener
    Dorkener
    ✭✭✭
    ITT: Flocks of NBs defending 1sec kills because "most nerfed class ever/high skill ceiling" :)
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is really low damage for an ultimate, I hit 13k+ with snipe. I think my highest ever was 15k, but that was before titanborn nerf. Seems way too low for an ultimate tbh.
    Edited by xxslam48xxb14_ESO on September 9, 2020 12:28AM
    I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
    The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
    but my delight will last and you will respawn.
    My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
    Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
    Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
    A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
    All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
    From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
    but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is really low damage for an ultimate, I hit 13k+ with snipe. I think my highest ever was 15k, but that was before titanborn nerf. Seems way too low for an ultimate tbh.

"Highest ever" etc doesn't really compare when dealing with the fact its the OP whom is in the death recap.

In rusty, whats making the damage so high?

When I stopped playing that was some HAF damage
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"Highest ever" etc doesn't really compare when dealing with the fact its the OP whom is in the death recap.

Vampire is making people hit 1000+ weapon damage/spell damage higher. I think you would know night blades like to go glass cannon too. Maybe you mostly play cp? In no cp everything hits that hard.

I refuse to play cp so idk if that is high damage for cp.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
  • JayKwellen
    JayKwellen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dorkener wrote: »
    @Dorkener ITT: Flocks of NBs defending 1sec kills because "most nerfed class ever/high skill ceiling" :)

Nightblades don't have any delayed burst, and thus have no way to land multiple abilities within a single GCD, or what you're referring to as a "1sec kill" (perhaps you're thinking of wardens/necros/sorcs?). Their burst ability (grim focus) is also a slow easily dodgeable projectile. One which is telegraphed, audible, and easy to avoid if you have the slightest understanding of how a NB's burst works.

I mean seriously, a NB can fear/stun you and immediately spectral bow or incap you, and you can still break free and dodge roll before it hits you. This isn't a broken mechanic issue, it's a learn to play.

Edited by JayKwellen on September 9, 2020 2:59AM
    Xbox NA - JaeKwellen
    AD PvP
    Trying to main a magcro. This is awful.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

New buff/nerf to mercless made incap this good. Merciless now gives 10% critical damage/healing done instead of 10% damage mitigation.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JayKwellen wrote: »
    Dorkener wrote: »
    @Dorkener ITT: Flocks of NBs defending 1sec kills because "most nerfed class ever/high skill ceiling" :)

Nightblades don't have any delayed burst, and thus have no way to land multiple abilities within a single GCD, or what you're referring to as a "1sec kill" (perhaps you're thinking of wardens/necros/sorcs?). Their burst ability (grim focus) is also a slow easily dodgeable projectile. One which is telegraphed, audible, and easy to avoid if you have the slightest understanding of how a NB's burst works.

I mean seriously, a NB can fear/stun you and immediately spectral bow or incap you, and you can still break free and dodge roll before it hits you. This isn't a broken mechanic issue, it's a learn to play.

it has been a while since I last saw stamblade uses fear, everyone stamblade I saw uses surprise stun. As far as I can till, stqmblade is becoming so hard to kill of latest patches with incread movement speed. I see then pop disguise in front of them, 2 secs later they in the other side of the map, too far for me to LA with bow/destro. Also, due to my ping, I need to be rught on to of them to reveal them with hurricane even when it has 7-9meters. Streak also does not seem to break their stealth of recent changes to how it deals damage. So my current reaction to when I see a nightblade or get attacked by one is to run to the other side of thd map, because I literally cannot fight them. My only 2 ways of killing them is when I hunt them down with groups or if they are not cloaking.
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can say by just the comments who are the nightblades
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Judging by the deathcap there, im 100% sure this guy was using balorgh at full ultimate pool. This isnt exclusive to nb, most stambuilds use balorgh these days, and your 28k resists are pretty much void because of it.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jierdanit wrote: »

You cant really compare a rollerblade to the other stam builds, because the playstyle is just way different from the other specs.

On a medium stamBlade your defense consists of evading the enemies attacks with dodgeroll, cloak and shade and then bursting them down.At that part of the game stamBlade is by far the best spec.

Nearly all other stam specs play totally different since their defense is rather based around healing, resists etc.

So while it seems like the defense of stamDens, stamCros etc is way better than that of a stamBlade it really cant be said that easily because you can not really compare the hit and run playstyle of a stamBlade who is kiting 3 players and bursts them down one by one to a stamDen tanking 3 ppl with his heals and then bursting them down with a sub into DB combo.

You just literally described the same end just with differing means. There is literally no difference other than if the NB is caught unable to cloak (easily done) they will die fast, period. There are very few pro NBs that can achieve what you are saying, but I see many stamdens able to do what you are saying because the class is easy mode. I am average at best, but I have solo'd entire teams in BGs on my stamden with ease. To do it on my NB is much more difficult. Stamden feels like I am cheating, NB I have to work for.
  • pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Skander wrote: »

We get it, you built to be able to own everything, you probably tank multiple players while you out-sustain them, los them and kill them all. One dude kills you though and here you are on the forums.

Do you think my NB never gets killed by other NBs? We all die in pvp to multiple things, I could literally replace every one of these skills with something else and match or beat the numbers. But because it was a NB you made a thread. I ask again, why is this any worse than a sorc streaking into you with destro staff ult? 12k? Necro says "hold my beer" lol. You can wipe out groups with this stuff. But a 12k cap...come on dude.
    Edited by pauld1_ESO on September 9, 2020 1:20PM
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can tell by the comments who gets wrecked by nightblades.

Whole combo is avoidable. L2p.
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We get it, you built to be able to own everything, you probably tank multiple players while you out-sustain them, los them and kill them all. One dude kills you though and here you are on the forums.

Do you think my NB never gets killed by other NBs? We all die in pvp to multiple things, I could literally replace every one of these skills with something else and match or beat the numbers. But because it was a NB you made a thread. I ask again, why is this any worse than a sorc streaking into you with destro staff ult? 12k? Necro says "hold my beer" lol. You can wipe out groups with this stuff. But a 12k cap...come on dude.

The reason people talk about this is becayae, you can actually see the streakibg sorc, warden..etc and prepare yourself before they try to get you. When fighting nightblades however, you d9n't know you are fughting nightblades until they hit you and you either die after 3 secs or they leave and let you go. Then again while you are fighting another player, nightblades jumps up and try to gank you again and either die or live and he leaves. You simply cannot prepare to fight nightblade preemtivly. Most people do not complain about "brawler" type nightblades, people complain sbout stealth type. I do understand that brawler type is vastly inferior to stealth type especially after the removal of 10% mitigation.
  • Vetixio
    Vetixio
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gankers are loving the AoE cooldown on abilities because as a Magplar I have to wait 3 seconds to cast 99% of my abilities whether that be heals, damage or buffs so I'm basically a sitting duck in Cyro and I'm aware this is the same for many other players and classes too! How fun :smile:
    Pìerre - Breton Vampire Templar, Grand Overlord. Erádàn - Bosmer Templar, Warlord. Vyríc - Imperial Vampire Necromancer, Centurion. Sybìl - Breton Sorcerer, Centurion. Erìch - Nord Vampire Nightblade, Corporal. Njàll - Nord Templar, Lieutenant. Elánnà - Bosmer Warden, Veteran. Laquì - Redguard Vampire Nightblade, Corporal. Noveni Dres - Dunmer Sorcerer, Lieutenant. Marìnus - Imperial Warden, Veteran. Arvyn Indoril - Dunmer Templar, Sergeant. Rósalyn - Breton Sorcerer, Corporal. Emelîn - Bosmer Dragonknight, Corporal. Astaroth Indoril - Dunmer Sorcerer.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vetixio wrote: »
    Gankers are loving the AoE cooldown on abilities because as a Magplar I have to wait 3 seconds to cast 99% of my abilities whether that be heals, damage or buffs so I'm basically a sitting duck in Cyro and I'm aware this is the same for many other players and classes too! How fun :smile:

It is not even fair right now. Stamblade, Stamcro, Stamden, StamDK are basically not affected. Stamplar and Stamsorc have key abilities wrecked. All the magicka builds except bombers are just wrecked, may as well stack health and proc sets.

ZOS balances everything against a spreadsheet. No skill does materially more damage class to class. Spammable? The same. Burst, the same. And so on. The sets are balanced the same way. Proc sets all do about the same dps. No matter your build, you are not going to get outside of a fixed "range'. So nothing is really "unbalanced".
  • Vetixio
    Vetixio
    ✭✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »
    Vetixio wrote: »

It is not even fair right now. Stamblade, Stamcro, Stamden, StamDK are basically not affected. Stamplar and Stamsorc have key abilities wrecked. All the magicka builds except bombers are just wrecked, may as well stack health and proc sets.

ZOS balances everything against a spreadsheet. No skill does materially more damage class to class. Spammable? The same. Burst, the same. And so on. The sets are balanced the same way. Proc sets all do about the same dps. No matter your build, you are not going to get outside of a fixed "range'. So nothing is really "unbalanced".

100% agree the only magicka builds I see in Cyro atm are Magblades lol
    Pìerre - Breton Vampire Templar, Grand Overlord. Erádàn - Bosmer Templar, Warlord. Vyríc - Imperial Vampire Necromancer, Centurion. Sybìl - Breton Sorcerer, Centurion. Erìch - Nord Vampire Nightblade, Corporal. Njàll - Nord Templar, Lieutenant. Elánnà - Bosmer Warden, Veteran. Laquì - Redguard Vampire Nightblade, Corporal. Noveni Dres - Dunmer Sorcerer, Lieutenant. Marìnus - Imperial Warden, Veteran. Arvyn Indoril - Dunmer Templar, Sergeant. Rósalyn - Breton Sorcerer, Corporal. Emelîn - Bosmer Dragonknight, Corporal. Astaroth Indoril - Dunmer Sorcerer.
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can tell by the comments who gets wrecked by nightblades.

Whole combo is avoidable. L2p.

Why combo when your spammable hits for 10k :#
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hyperbole and if not sounds like a build issue.
    Aint your engine guardian soaking them up?

sanguinare vampiris

• PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aint your engine guardian soaking them up?

Not really BiS on my new toon which feels stronger than anything else I played before. Guess which one ?

Definitely a build issue though. I sometimes need to use my combo fighting necro, but they sometimes die to my bow skill which takes too much effort :#
    Edited by PhoenixGrey on September 9, 2020 7:33PM
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Titan born vampire ??

sanguinare vampiris

• ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the increase to crit damage was a really dumb change after the healing reduction, no idea why they implemented it tbh. the highest i've been hit by anything recently has been incaps and bow procs, and not by a small amount, they're both far ahead of basically every other ability.
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't even need incap. Lots of NB running around killing people with 2 heavy attacks (dual wield). The first one, from stealth, stuns them (surprise attack also hits with the heavy). The second one, while they are still stunned, kills them off. Or, if they are really tanky, they breakfree with 20% health and struggle through a few more hits.

One guy who does this has killed thousands and thousands of players. His build has lousy weapon damage (2.5k max), all his jewelry is swift, he has only 20k magika and stam but never runs out because the heavy attack button is held down all the time.

His initial heavy attack/SA hits for more than 12k !

How is it possible? The stun from stealth plus gear and CP that boost HA damage.

Without the stun from stealth NB could kill almost no one
    Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
    Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
    Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
    Tolliverson, Stam NB, General
    Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
    Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
    Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Colonel
    Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Centurion
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Repeat with me, this is fine

Also 28k resistences and 3k crit resist

Also not a gank

Hard class.3Lywy1c.png

This is cp cyrodiil right?
    So whats the problem?
    Oh right nerf thr effing nb thread.
    Please carry on.
    Why not petition to remove the nb class from the game?
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most people may disagree, but I think tankiness is a bigger issue then big damage. Almost everyone is rocking 30k+hp with heavy armor. They aren't even dedicated tank builds so they hit hard too. When EVERYONE is doing one thing that is a good sign its the true problem. Probably why getting hit "hard" is seen as a problem since these people never experience hits over 10k on them. I sometimes even see nightblades with over 30k hp, wtf is this meta.

Ever watch two off these things duel each other? How is that fun to fight each other for over 10 minutes? Not exaggerating at all, I watched these boys fight for my entire dps queue with no winner(these are not pure tanks!). I have watched these fights in imperial city end with both players deciding they cannot win, so they just leave. Where did all the killing go? Feels like all we are killing these days are potatoes or glass cannons cause everyone else is rocking an absurd level of defense(or roll spamming).
    Edited by xxslam48xxb14_ESO on September 10, 2020 9:03AM

• Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    Judging by the deathcap there, im 100% sure this guy was using balorgh at full ultimate pool. This isnt exclusive to nb, most stambuilds use balorgh these days, and your 28k resists are pretty much void because of it.

Pretty much, I use stuhn balorgh and eternal vigor on my Stamblade and I can rip similar numbers easily, fully buffed I'll have well over 28k pen.

I actually swapped to greatsword over maul Beacuse I have so much pen.
    Plus it's better for soul harvest anyway.
    Edited by Firstmep on September 10, 2020 9:00AM