The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Excessive Dismounting

• barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »
    Swimming horses would be neat, but what I'm finding is after Stonethorn ((Or maybe even Greymoor and I didn't notice)) that certain things I used to ride under without problem are now dismounting me. Think it even happened in the Imperial City before the event a few patches back, but then after an update it was "fixed" and I didn't notice it anymore.

Maybe it'll get fixed?

Orrrrrrrrr .....

Maybe it Got fixed. Maybe they had a list of areas they designed for walking through that were not working, and just now have ' fixed ' a bunch of them.

:#
  • Grandchamp1989
    Grandchamp1989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I wish we could pick up ressources and also swim while still on our horse.
  • Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ughhhhhh yes, every time I enter/leave the city I'm dismounting. It never used to be like that though, right? Is that maybe something that showed up in a recent patch?

Definitely agree with adding the ability for mounts to swim. Please. It shouldn't be hard.

Lastly..... is it just me, or does anyone else have problems dismounting to harvest something unintentionally, because you were trying to jump, but wait! There's a torchbug! So instead of jumping YOU DISMOUNT TO GET THAT TORCHBUG?!
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    barney2525 wrote: »
    Swimming horses would be neat, but what I'm finding is after Stonethorn ((Or maybe even Greymoor and I didn't notice)) that certain things I used to ride under without problem are now dismounting me. Think it even happened in the Imperial City before the event a few patches back, but then after an update it was "fixed" and I didn't notice it anymore.

Maybe it'll get fixed?

Orrrrrrrrr .....

Maybe it Got fixed. Maybe they had a list of areas they designed for walking through that were not working, and just now have ' fixed ' a bunch of them.

So your telling me this is a fix to a bug? I don't believe you since it's worked fine for years.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • CoronHR
    CoronHR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it happens in wayrest also, at the gate near the quartermaster
    PC - EU - Steam client
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Found a new place in Stormhaven. Near one of the treasure map locations, you have some bridges. I went running my mount underneath a bridge that had pleeeenty of high clearance for me to run along the shoreline underneath it and newp. I got shucked off my mount. Walked two steps, remounted once the incredibly tall underside of the bridge was traversed.

This is dumb.
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lastly..... is it just me, or does anyone else have problems dismounting to harvest something unintentionally, because you were trying to jump, but wait! There's a torchbug! So instead of jumping YOU DISMOUNT TO GET THAT TORCHBUG?!

Why do you have jump and interact bound to the same button? Is this a console thing?
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Why do you have jump and interact bound to the same button? Is this a console thing?

Console doesn’t get to map our buttons.

So, yes, this is 100% A Thing.

PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Console doesn’t get to map our buttons.

So, yes, this is 100% A Thing.

Yikes! :#
  • Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    ✭✭✭✭✭

PS4 NA here. Is there a way for us to change it? That's just the default. Trust me, I hate it.
  • doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The day I remember not to mount up right before riding through one of these spots is the day they fix it, I just know it.
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe we should all open tickets in game to give them a nudge. Give them a nice new ticket and screen shot for each location.

Here is the play-by-play. I'm doing one right now for Wayrest NE gate by Mastercraft Exchange:

/help
    Feedback/Bug
    Impact - Delays Progress
    Category - Quests (Nothing fits...just have to make it work)
    Quest Name - Riding Mount
    Description - Dismounted trying to enter or exit Wayrest through NE gate near Mastercraft Exchange

If this bugs you as much as it bugs me, please do something similar.
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Try the spot on the southern road in Grahtwood. No reason to dismount there, yet it happens every time!
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    barney2525 wrote: »

Maybe it'll get fixed?

Orrrrrrrrr .....

So your telling me this is a fix to a bug? I don't believe you since it's worked fine for years.

No, not saying it was a bug. I'm just throwing out the option that maybe this is what was intended and it was such a minor issue they did not bother with it, until now.

• Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, noticed this too recently. Sometimes out of the blue with no apparent reason. But consistently in some areas. I remember one area specifically, when passing under the Stormhaven city gate going towards the Master Writ turn in. Very annoying.
    PC/EU DC
  • xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if a thread has been made on this before but anyone else getting dismounted traveling under things like city gates that you usually never got dismounted for going under before? Its becoming a bit annoying, especially in Wayrest when heading to the Writ guy or going underneath that bridge that leads to the bank.

i have no idea why they changed this ---- but it sucks
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let me just necro this thread because it's still an issue.

I live in Wayrest. I'm a crafter. I have to go through a gate to turn in my writs. I have 8 crafters. I literally fall off my mount 16 times per day just crafting. That's about 480 times per month since September... That's just for writs though. The event tent is outside of a different door in Wayrest. The Undaunted tent is also outside the gates.

Approximate Total Dismounts over four months:

2000 - crafting writs
    200 - events
    480 - undaunted (3 daily plus random)
    240 - getting dismounted in other areas around the map with similar textures on ground
    2920 dismounts over 4 months

Multiply that times the number of players doing similar activities.

Can we please get this fixed?

Edited by Giraffon on February 1, 2021 6:52PM
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems the issue has also spread to other areas as well. Please fix this ZOS!
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argh! Checked this on PTS last night. Still not fixed!
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes it's very annoying to get dismounted when you pass a doorway/archway that divides 2 areas where you allowed to mount. You can even get dismounted within the same open area if you pass a archway as it happens in Imperial City.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • RedMuse
    RedMuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It isn't just in cities, you'll get dismounted "randomly" overland when riding under say a stone arc or an arc created by two tall trees. Unfortunately it's almost impossible to guess what the game counts as an arc and what it doesn't :/
  • Khajiitihaswares
    Khajiitihaswares
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if a thread has been made on this before but anyone else getting dismounted traveling under things like city gates that you usually never got dismounted for going under before? Its becoming a bit annoying, especially in Wayrest when heading to the Writ guy or going underneath that bridge that leads to the bank.

This!!!! Also let our mounts swim already. It’s dumb we have to remount for going into water knee deep or waist deep. Such a dumb mechanic.
    Edited by Khajiitihaswares on February 11, 2021 3:49PM
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Giraffon wrote: »
    Argh! Checked this on PTS last night. Still not fixed!

Especially on PTS file tickets for every single place it happens to you, that way they'll actually notice it's affecting a lot of places and people
    Too many toons not enough time
  • TwiceBornStar
    TwiceBornStar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Quick fix: Race: Orc. Weapon: Bow. Gear: Fiord's and Prisoner's. Mundus stone: The Steed. Medium armor: Athletics and Windrunning.

Whoosh! What was that?
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I live in Wayrest. I'm a crafter. I have to go through a gate to turn in my writs. I have 8 crafters. I literally fall off my mount 16 times per day just crafting. That's about 480 times per month since September... That's just for writs though. The event tent is outside of a different door in Wayrest. The Undaunted tent is also outside the gates.

2000 - crafting writs
    200 - events
    240 - getting dismounted in other areas around the map with similar textures on ground

AT LAST THEY FIXED IT! Thank you! Thank you!! Fixed with Blackwood release!
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

2000 - crafting writs
    200 - events

AT LAST THEY FIXED IT! Thank you! Thank you!! Fixed with Blackwood release!

They.... They did? I gotta check this out now.