The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Can't queue for random normal on new character

Lava
Lava
Soul Shriven
I'm trying to level up my new tank, currently LV 37, and I can't get in. I tried once, got Arx Corinium, and received the error "Your attempted jump failed because you are not max level or you do not have enough champion points" (I have 810 champion points). Got put into a group, but got the same error whenever I tried to travel to players. They vote kicked me, and I had to wait out the 15 minute penalty for abandoning them.

9i4m4mptc8xf.png

Tried a second time, and got the same error. This time, I couldn't even leave the group when it wouldn't let me port in, and the healer's name didn't show up. The 2 DPS (levels 39 and 41) continued on without me, but this time traveling did nothing - no error, just nothing happening. Furthermore, now I'm stuck in the group, and can't leave. They eventually kicked the healer, but now that the 15 minute penalty has expired, I still can't rejoin because I'm not group leader, and I'm unable to leave group.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you somehow in a Veteran Group? Even with 810CPs, you cant queue for a Vet until your at L50

If you are leader, you should be able to change to Normal.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • Lava
    Lava
    Soul Shriven
    No, I was solo queuing. No idea how I would've been in a vet group, but it said it was normal, there was no option to change to vet, and I specifically pressed the button to queue in a random normal, just like you can see in the screenshot. The other members of my party - two below LV 50 and one without any level, name, or location showing up - were assigned by the random queue system, and they all got into Blackheart Haven just fine. No idea how it would've been vet if other <50 players were in it.

Eventually, after clearing without me, they all left the group on their own; apparently I was the only one unable to leave. Once the last person left, the group disbanded and I was finally out of the party.

Here's a video: https://i.imgur.com/lhDFVAy.mp4

It did eventually let me run a random normal after that, but why all the trouble in the first place?
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lava wrote: »

It did eventually let me run a random normal after that, but why all the trouble in the first place?

It was a glitch. Sometimes groups get "stuck" like this and you can't leave, but have to wait for the group to disband. It is rare, like really rare. What really sucks is if the other player does not disband the group, but instead logs off, that can take a while to clear.

Issues jumping into a dungeon are slightly less rare, but still do not happen often.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • Lava
    Lava
    Soul Shriven
    Looks like it's letting me queue now, but when that happened, it happened twice in a row.
    Options
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Lava

Thank you for the update and letting us know you can queue again. If the issue starts up again we recommend starting a ticket with customer support.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post