The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What do you think about being vampire?

• TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SlimeBro1 wrote: »
    carlos424 wrote: »
    Well the Blood Scion Ultimate is the strongest Ultimate in the game, even if you stay at stage 1 this Ultimate alone is worth being a Vampire, do people forget that it grants 10,000 extra magicka and stamina? do you forget that damage scales off of how high your stats are? with the swarming scion morph for 20 seconds I might as well be wielding Volendrung.

Sure, the blood scion ultimate is nice, but is it worth the extra cost for all abilities, the increased flame damage taken? For me the answer is no. I only use blood scion in pvp anyway.

Honestly it is worth it, for me the flame damage is not even there given i have more then enough CP allocated in the Flame Resistance plus my Vampire is a Dunmer.

Let's say for a moment that Blood Scion is indeed the best ult in the game.

Does it justify all of the negatives of being a vampire + the fact it is now the literal only useful thing in the skill line out of 6 abilities?

My point is even IF the ultimate is the best thing since sliced bread, that's 1/6 abilities in the skill line. Does this 1 ability being good suddenly make the skill line not trash? No. No it doesn't. And it doesn't make vampire good either.

Given how the downsides for Vampirism are actually quite small at stage 1, yeah it is worth it.

Think about it, CP alone gets rid of the weakness to fire up to stage 3, being a Dunmer with CP gets rid of it entirely, the increased cost at stage 1 is barley noticeable and even at stage 4 its only a 12% increase, if a spell costs 2000 then that only brings the cost up to around 2200 which is a very minor increase, as for Health Regeneration, it never really mattered.
  • VioletDracolich
    VioletDracolich
    ✭✭✭
    The vampire skill line is the ultimate test of risk management in the game. People who are too busy looking at the seemingly overwhelming downsides won't be able to see the fact that the skill line basically gives you at minimum 960 spell/weapon damage! That's huge! It's basically a skill line version of New Moon Acolyte, which just about everyone thinks is really good, even after the recent nerfs. In fact, most of the downsides of being a vampire are not as bad as everyone makes them out to be. In fact, here are all the downsides and the reasons why they aren't that bad:
    • Lower Health Recovery. (Max 100% less)
      News flash, this was one of the original downsides of being a vampire! While the changes made it worse, you can still mitigate this by using healing skills. Honestly not the worse downside considering that fact.
    • Extra Flame Damage Taken. (Max 20% extra)
      I honestly forgot about this. Here's the thing, you barely notice if you're stage 3 or higher, which for my vampire I am, because we take 30% less damage, based on our missing health, because of one of our passives. Not only that, but most fire you encounter in PvE are AoE effects, which you shouldn't be standing in the first place. As for PvP? IDK I don't PvP much.
    • Increased Ability Cost. (Max +12% extra)
      Okay yeah, this one kinda sucks. That said, it's similar to New Moon Acolyte in terms of downside. That said, this is not as bad when you consider the fact it doesn't apply to vampire skills at all, and vampire skill costs are reduced up to 24%. Considering that 4 out of 6 of these skills an't bad, that's actually pretty good.

Now as for the recent Blood for Blood nerfs, well they aren't that bad. Honestly, the recent change hurts healers more than vampires honestly. The truth is vampires who know what they're doing usually overheal in the first place, kinda reducing the use of a healer to a vampire. In fact, in most DLC dungeons healers are almost completely optional considering the fact of all the instant death mechs found in just about all of them. Ultimately, the change will go almost completely unseen by any vampire worth their salt.

So yeah, the vampire skill line is still worth it in my opinion. It's only a matter of how much risk do you want out of your gameplay and your level of expertise in the game. It is a powerful skill line, but if you only want it for one or two passives or abilities, then you're not playing vampire right honestly. It's a unique experience for players to invest time into, and give them an opportunity to enjoy. You don't become a vampire to round out your build, you become a vampire to make a vampire build.

Also to address a common complaint I see: The Supernatural Recovery Passive was overrated and kinda weak. It was a good passive, but it's lost doesn't actually change much for any role. If you "had to have it" for your sustain, then honestly I don't feel for your loss.
  • VioletDracolich
    VioletDracolich
    ✭✭✭
    Vampires before weren't really much of anything, so I figured they had nowhere to go but up. Boy, was I wrong about that. I feel confident in saying that the vampire rework might actually be one of the worst reworks in any game I've ever played. And I guess at no point in the development process did anyone remember that Tanks and Healers still play the game. Or they just figured that people who enjoyed that playstyle for years can screw off with the new changes. Not sure which is worse.

At best, they're extremely niche (in a game where flexibility/customization is supposed to be one of it's strong points...).
    The key is outhealing the debuff, so that the skill stays on longer

"Just outheal the damage" isn't the revelation you think it is.

How does one go about healing damage that scales every second, anyway?

I do have to agree that vampire is a niche, a very fun niche at that. Honestly, smart Tanks and Healers can figure out how to use the skills to their advantage. For example! Healing is based on multiple factors, like your Spell/Weapon damage, usually spell, maximum magicka or stamina, usually magicka, and so on. Noticed that fact that the vampire skill line gives you both of those factors and more?

Also, the out healing the damage of the skill is pretty easy actually. My set up in particular, which mostly focuses on increased risk in exchange for lower cost, usually allows me to have the skill up to about 40 seconds no problems. This is surprisingly long, and if combined with the Blood Scion transformation can easily cause a massive burn to most enemies in Dungeons and Trails alike. Not only that but Blood Mist, one of the new mist form morphs, is insane in terms of healing, especially when there are multiple enemies in a group.
  • WARchief10K
    WARchief10K
    ✭✭✭
    I think........

<transforms>

BLARGH!!!! blarghhh! blarghghghrhg!
    Cyrodiil crafting recipe: Cyrodiil 2014 + some siege + a hammer = Cyrodiil 2020
  • Artim_X
    Artim_X
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally dislike all the active skills for PvE. In PvP mist can be a nice escape tool, but the revamp made it less reliable in a laggy environment so even though it looks better on paper it can get you killed when in an actual fight.

Only thing I really like is the feeding animations when biting NPCs. Besides that probably best to stay at stage 1 for all content.
    (AD) Artim X/Xirtām/Måtrix |PC/NA| Casual staff wielding vampire sorcerer/templar/arcanist
    Electric-Burn/Stun
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Av0zcKH3i2BkaY1GXW/giphy.gif/https://c.tenor.com/jQHdFftrgwMAAAAC/tenor.gif
    • Damage Dealing Build.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Inferno/Lightning Staff (infused/shock enchant), and Rage of the Ursauk jewelry (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused/flame/weapon damage enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Boundless Storm, Mages' Wrath, Lightning Flood, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build), and Power Overload.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Crushing Shock/Storm Pulsar, Streak, Flame/Shock Reach, Unstable Wall of Fire/Storms, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build) and Fiery/Thunderous Rage.
    Electric-Heal
    https://media.giphy.com/media/5ibGIHneWS6ek/giphy.gif
    • My Healer Build.
    • Gear: 5 Spell Power Cure (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Lightning Staff (Charged/shock enchant), and Infallible Aether jewelry (arcane with spell damage enchant)/restoration staff (Powered with absorb magicka enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Power Surge, Boundless Storm, Blessing of Restoration, Energy Orb, Twilight Matriarch, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Dark Deal, Overflowing Altar, Elemental Drain, Blockade of Storms, Twilight Matriarch, and Aggressive Horn.
    Electric-Ward
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Wa0TGmtDvwW3e/giphy.gif
    • My Meme Tank Build that uses high resistance and variety of wards.
    • Gear: 5 Brands of Imperium (All body pieces except Head and Shoulders, with Divine trait, and with Prismatic Defense Enchants), full Mother Ciannait's (1 light and 1 medium. Divines and Max Mag Enchant), and Combat Physician jewelry (bloodthirsty with Prismatic Recovery Enchants), CP restoration staff (Infused with hardening enchant), and CP ice staff (Infused with crusher enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Bound Aegis, Deep Thoughts, Boundless Storm, Healing Ward, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Silver Leash (Elemental Drain if healer isn't running it), Bound Aegis, Frost Clench, Blockade of Frost, Empowered Ward, and Temporal Guard.
    Electric-Vamp
    https://media.giphy.com/media/ukDQiYZzRAxMZKcK86/giphy.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact for regular and NoCP build/Oblivion's Foe for dot build (medium chest and body pieces light. All Impenetrable. Max Mag Enchants). Gaze of Sithis and 1 light Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton (light shoulders, and impenetrable with Max Mag Enchants). Knight Slayer/Pariah jewelry/Plaguebreak for dot build (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused with oblivion enchant for regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build. Sharpened for dot build)/restoration staff (infused with oblivion enchant regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Structured Entropy, Boundless Storm, Soul Splitting Trap, Radiating Regeneration, Healing Ward, and Life Giver.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Drain Vigor (Elemental Susceptibility), Race Against Time, Rune Cage, Radiant Magelight, Empowered Ward, and Shatter Soul.
    Dawnfang
    https://media.tenor.com/ogWfvDdsqBIAAAAd/anime-black-clover.gif
    • My casual one bar heavy attack Templar build that only utilizes Aedric Spear abilities.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (Head or Shoulder and body pieces except Chest. All body pieces Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchant), Lightning Staff of the Sergeant (Infused/shock enchant), and Sergeant's Mail jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Puncturing Sweep, Aurora Javelin, Toppling Charge, Blazing Spear, Radiant Ward, and Crescent Sweep.
    Duskfang
    https://media.tenor.com/Jo8aG_ouy_oAAAAd/ac-odyssey.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact (Heavy Chest with light Head, Waist, Hands, and Feet. All body pieces Impenetrable. Health enchant on head and everything else Magicka Enchants), 1 Medium Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton Shoulder (Impenetrable, Max Health Enchant), Knight Slayer Restoration Staff (Infused/Decrease Health enchant/Stealth-Draining Poison IX), and Knight Slayer jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with Spell Damage Enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1:Radiant Oppression, Race Against Time, Aurora Javelin, Breath of Life, Resolving Vigor, and Life Giver (Shatter Soul).
    PvE Starter Gear
    https://media.giphy.com/media/6CovzgyTig7M4/giphy.gif
    • Gear: 5 Law of Julianos (heavy chest, gloves/belt light, and the rest can be light or 1 medium piece if you're not wearing medium anywhere else on your body. All in training if grinding for XP or divines), Armor of the Seducer or Magnus' Gift head, shoulder, and staves (light with 1 medium piece if you are not already wearing 1 medium Julianos piece. All in training or divines. The staves should be training or infused), and 3 purple Willpower Jewelry with Arcane trait (can be bought from trading guilds for relatively cheap.
    • Check tamrieltradecentre.com for the best deals if you're not using a price checking addon).
    Race
    https://media.giphy.com/media/sdEkeWpiaGz0A/giphy.gif
    • High elf, since you will not have issues with sustain, but other mag based races are also fine so this is more of a personal choice.
    Mundus Stones
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cT3wMhLGQWdKU/giphy.gif
    • PvP: The Lover for penetration when playing a sorc or temp.
    • PvE Healing/Damage: The Thief for decent crit rate.
    • PvE Tanking: The Lady to get close to resistance cap.
    Current Champion Points
    https://media.giphy.com/media/l4FGDAx6u3hthMhgI/giphy.gif
    • DPS Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Exploiter, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Thaumaturge, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Healer Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Hope Infusion, Weapon's Expert, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Tanky Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Ironclad, Enduring Resolve, Reinforced, Duelist's Rebuff, Bastion, Ward Master, Rejuvenation, Fortified.
    • PvP Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, Occult Overload, Arcane Supremacy, Bastion, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvE Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Fighting Finesse, Master-at-Arms, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvP Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, From the Brink, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    Favorite Foods and Potions
    https://media.giphy.com/media/3otPoTggaYFNd1FdAI/giphy.gif
    • Parse Food for PvE:(DPS) Ghastly Eye Bowl (increases Max Magicka by 4592 and Magicka Recovery by 459 for 2 hours).
    • Gold/Purple Food for Sorc PvP and Meme Tanking:(PvP) Clockwork Citrus Filet (increases Max Health by 3326, Health Recovery by 406 [useful if stage 1 vampire], Max Magicka by 3080, and Magicka Recovery by 338 for 2 hours). Witchmother's Potent Brew (Increase Max Magicka by 2856, Max Health by 3094, and Magicka Recovery by 315 for 2 hours.
    • Trash Potions when feeling cheap: Regular CP150 Essence of Magicka pots that I obtain frequently from playing the game or Crown Tri-Restoration Potion obtained from dailies.
    • Crafted Potions: Essence of Spell Critical (Bugloss, Lady's Smock, and Water Hyacinth). Without magelight this is my primary means of obtaining Major Prophecy on my Sorc, which increases my Spell Critical Rating. This also heals and restores magicka. Essence of Immovability (Columbine, Corn Flower, and Wormwood). I use this in PvP, since this gives me stealth detection, knockback immunity, and restores magicka (better to use it when competent allies are nearby, since it might reveal that you are surrounded by multiple players in stealth and you will not have an emergency pot available after use). Essence of Invisibility with only 2 ingredients (Blue Entoloma, Namira's Rot, Nirnroot, or Spider Egg). I use this in PvE content that requires stealth and if I need more speed I'll use Rapid Maneuver before using the potion. Essence of Invisibility with 3 ingredients (Blessed Thistle, Blue Entoloma, and Namira's Rot). Very useful in PvP alongside the vampire Dark Stalker passive, since you'll be invisible, ignore movement speed penalty while in Crouch, and you'll have a 30% movement speed boost from Major Expedition (I always have this slotted when riding from point A to B in PvP land, since gankers are always lurking). My templar will mostly use Essence of Health (Tri-Stat Potion) Ingredients: (Mountain Flower, Columbine, and Bugloss).
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't become a vampire to round out your build, you become a vampire to make a vampire build.

That was a very good post. It was great to read something positive about something I really love. But that line really stood out for me. Thank you.
    PCNA
  • VioletDracolich
    VioletDracolich
    ✭✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »
    More high costs no rewards. While you probably can run b4b in dungeons it is bad design, leaving healers out and stuff.

Three words: Instant Death Mechanics. Most of the DLCs have them basically making healers optional, and even a hindrance in some cases. Even good healers can't heal IDMs, but will still get blamed for it happening. Vampires aren't the reason healers are being left out of dungeons, it's the dungeons themselves.

• fierackas
    fierackas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fierackas wrote: »
    Hopefully they will make it non-pvp only

Why is that?

I was just following your thoughts on rapids ;)
  • Muizer
    Muizer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vampires are evil parasites that need to be exterminated. That's not just how I feel about being a vampire. It's also how I feel about you being a vampire. :D
    Please stop making requests for game features. ZOS have enough bad ideas as it is!
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    josiahva wrote: »
    The fact is, most people in this game have zero interest in roleplaying. Most people who play RPGs do not and never have imagined they are the character they are playing. You can enjoy playing in a game in a fantasy setting without trying to believe you are actually in that fantasy.

I won't speak for everyone because people do different things but when I play RPGs, I "roleplay" as the character. My characters each have their own background and personality and morals. I'm not playing myself in a fantasy setting, I'm making decisions and playing from the perspective of the character. This is something I greatly enjoy in most games and it greatly increases replayability for me (I have 6 Commander Shepards, at least 7 wardens from DA:O, and 6 Inquisitors for example; most haven't made it past the in-my-brain stage because I play a lot of ESO instead but they're still there).

PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The vampire skill line is the ultimate test of risk management in the game. People who are too busy looking at the seemingly overwhelming downsides won't be able to see the fact that the skill line basically gives you at minimum 960 spell/weapon damage! That's huge! It's basically a skill line version of New Moon Acolyte, which just about everyone thinks is really good, even after the recent nerfs. In fact, most of the downsides of being a vampire are not as bad as everyone makes them out to be. In fact, here are all the downsides and the reasons why they aren't that bad:
    • Lower Health Recovery. (Max 100% less)
      News flash, this was one of the original downsides of being a vampire! While the changes made it worse, you can still mitigate this by using healing skills. Honestly not the worse downside considering that fact.
    • Extra Flame Damage Taken. (Max 20% extra)
      I honestly forgot about this. Here's the thing, you barely notice if you're stage 3 or higher, which for my vampire I am, because we take 30% less damage, based on our missing health, because of one of our passives. Not only that, but most fire you encounter in PvE are AoE effects, which you shouldn't be standing in the first place. As for PvP? IDK I don't PvP much.
    • Increased Ability Cost. (Max +12% extra)
      Okay yeah, this one kinda sucks. That said, it's similar to New Moon Acolyte in terms of downside. That said, this is not as bad when you consider the fact it doesn't apply to vampire skills at all, and vampire skill costs are reduced up to 24%. Considering that 4 out of 6 of these skills an't bad, that's actually pretty good.

Now as for the recent Blood for Blood nerfs, well they aren't that bad. Honestly, the recent change hurts healers more than vampires honestly. The truth is vampires who know what they're doing usually overheal in the first place, kinda reducing the use of a healer to a vampire. In fact, in most DLC dungeons healers are almost completely optional considering the fact of all the instant death mechs found in just about all of them. Ultimately, the change will go almost completely unseen by any vampire worth their salt.

So yeah, the vampire skill line is still worth it in my opinion. It's only a matter of how much risk do you want out of your gameplay and your level of expertise in the game. It is a powerful skill line, but if you only want it for one or two passives or abilities, then you're not playing vampire right honestly. It's a unique experience for players to invest time into, and give them an opportunity to enjoy. You don't become a vampire to round out your build, you become a vampire to make a vampire build.

Also to address a common complaint I see: The Supernatural Recovery Passive was overrated and kinda weak. It was a good passive, but it's lost doesn't actually change much for any role. If you "had to have it" for your sustain, then honestly I don't feel for your loss.

Well said, its something a lot of players fail to realize, you also did not to mention how overpowered 20 seconds in the Swarming Scion form is
    OmniDo wrote: »
    I remain a Vampire for the following reasons:
    1. Unnatural Movement + Concealed Weapon = Stealthy-Speedy.
      That coupled with Cowards, and I don't even need to mount anymore.
      (Now if only ZOS would fix their terrain so that I'm not flying over a small dip in the road or catapulting over a small incline and being forced out of stealth...)
    2. Dark Stalker + Concealed Weapon = 'scuse me while I slip right past you, kthxbai
    3. Undeath for Tank and Healer roles (Less damage is always a good thing)
    4. AoE Stun - Great for Tanking
    And last but certainly not least, RP.
    There is nothing advantageous about being a Mortal.
    You grow old, you get sick, you die against your will.
    Vampirism at it's very least provides immortality and sufficient potential staying power to survive far longer than the poor mortal fools who are my food.

This is why this game needs things like an expanded disease mechanic that only targets Non-Supernatural Players, Vampires have their own weaknesses to deal with so Mortals should as well, it would only be fair, Vampirism will begin to look more alluring when Mortal characters run the risk of contracting deadly diseases from enemies they encounter.

Maybe a case of Break Bone Fever increases the cost of all stamina abilities by 15% and maybe Witbane does the same but for Magicka, perhaps Rattles reduce your critical chance and perhaps much like Noxiphilix Sanguvoria and Sanius Lupius you need to visit a Priest to get healed.
  • ManM
    ManM
    ✭✭✭
    The vampire skill line is the ultimate test of risk management in the game. People who are too busy looking at the seemingly overwhelming downsides won't be able to see the fact that the skill line basically gives you at minimum 960 spell/weapon damage! That's huge! It's basically a skill line version of New Moon Acolyte, which just about everyone thinks is really good, even after the recent nerfs. In fact, most of the downsides of being a vampire are not as bad as everyone makes them out to be.

I just wanted to point out that the +960 spell/weapon damage comes at more of a cost than you are indicating. For starters, your build now has to include enough health and/or self healing to survive frenzy. You also have to blow a slot on your rotation refreshing your strike from the shadows every six seconds. These things represent a sustained DPS loss that is greater than the gain you get from +960 spell/weapon damage. Vampire can front-load damage faster, but after that initial six seconds, vampire will fall behind rather quickly.
    You don't become a vampire to round out your build, you become a vampire to make a vampire build.

This is very well said. I think people are mainly upset because vampire builds are not viable for pushing end-game PVE content. Honestly, I suspect that's working as intended.

• SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully they will make it non-pvp only

Why is that?

I was just following your thoughts on rapids ;)

I thought you had a valid reason for your comment, but I guess not.

My opinion on a completely different issue, in completely different threads, has absolutely nothing to do with this one.
    Edited by SilverBride on September 2, 2020 3:42PM
    PCNA
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    heaven13 wrote: »
    The fact is, most people in this game have zero interest in roleplaying. Most people who play RPGs do not and never have imagined they are the character they are playing. You can enjoy playing in a game in a fantasy setting without trying to believe you are actually in that fantasy.

I won't speak for everyone because people do different things but when I play RPGs, I "roleplay" as the character. My characters each have their own background and personality and morals. I'm not playing myself in a fantasy setting, I'm making decisions and playing from the perspective of the character. This is something I greatly enjoy in most games and it greatly increases replayability for me (I have 6 Commander Shepards, at least 7 wardens from DA:O, and 6 Inquisitors for example; most haven't made it past the in-my-brain stage because I play a lot of ESO instead but they're still there).

And so that justifies taking away useful skill form EVERYONE so that a MINORITY has a better roleplay experience? If you are ok with that...how about we re-vamp the necro skill line so it only has permanent pets as skills so people can roleplay being a necromancer commanding a hoard of undead? Who cares about the people who were playing a necro because of the actual utility spells they bring to the game. Lets make it so templars only have healing spells so people can roleplay being a holy paladin.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This conversation has gone on for a while, but I'll just add another 2 cents.

Stage 4 needs a buff and I've been thinking giving the passive Minor Expedition would help it out a bit. Then it'd actually be useful in a actual fight instead of used just for sprinting efficiency and being invisible with sprint.

Buff Vampiric Drain so that its either a damage dealing skill or a healing skill. Right now the skill does both jobs rather poorly, especially for a channel. Either make it heal a portion of max health, scale up its damage and have it heal for the damage done, or just buff the amount of missing health it heals by a lot! Like for example Green Dragon Blood heals 33% of missing health on cast while Vampiric Drain only heals 23%.

Have Eviscerate function like Soul Trap where it has a Physical and Magic damage side to it. The vampire skill line has several buffs for stamina builds in it, but no way for stamina builds to actually capitalize on those buffs without taking the non-vampire ability sustain hit.

Edit: Also could have Eviscerate and Arterial Burst cost stamina if the physical offensive stats are higher. That way Blood for Blood remains a health cost spammable that stamina and magicka builds can use, while making Eviscerate and Arterial Burst very unique in how they scale.
    Edited by Vevvev on September 2, 2020 4:06PM
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • VioletDracolich
    VioletDracolich
    ✭✭✭
    ManM wrote: »
    This is very well said. I think people are mainly upset because vampire builds are not viable for pushing end-game PVE content. Honestly, I suspect that's working as intended.

Vampire builds can be very viable in end-game PvE. Granted the problem is the skill needed to use such a build well enough is a different story. I've seen, and played, both well built and poorly built vampires, and well built builds used by experienced players have crushed many dungeons and trials alike! Is it optimized? No. Is it best in slot? No. However, it is viable.
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    heaven13 wrote: »

And so that justifies taking away useful skill form EVERYONE so that a MINORITY has a better roleplay experience? If you are ok with that...how about we re-vamp the necro skill line so it only has permanent pets as skills so people can roleplay being a necromancer commanding a hoard of undead? Who cares about the people who were playing a necro because of the actual utility spells they bring to the game. Lets make it so templars only have healing spells so people can roleplay being a holy paladin.

What? I didn't say any of that. I didn't touch on how roleplay impacted vampires or vice versa, just pointed out that perhaps you could consider your stance on roleplaying is rather narrow.

Since apparently it matters...I have no vampires. Not before Greymoor, and not after. Playing vampires before U26 felt pointless to me; my sustain was fine enough on its own and I hate the appearance (and the skins in game) so it just wasn't worth it to me for one passive benefit that I could live without.

I was interested in vampire during pre-PTS. Devs hyped up the rework but failed to deliver. To me, it's still not worth slotting because the negatives far outweigh the positives. I might roleplay (in my head, I only do RP stuff in my brain rather than as a group activity) but I do participate in vet endgame content and vampires have no place there.

Regardless of playstyle, no skill line should create such a dilemma between "do I remain vamp or do I do group content". Prior vamp, as boring as it was, at least allowed people to drop stages should fire damage be an issue. Having a cost increase, even at the lowest stage, isn't okay. And sure, if you could create a viable build chock full of vampire skills, the cost increase might be worth it but, as has been pointed out numerous times, that's not the case. Trying to separate the playerbase into neat little boxes of "you're a PvPer", "you're a solo quester", "you're an RPer" "you do endgame PvE" "you're only here for housing" is where they go wrong SO OFTEN. Most everyone I know participate in multiple activities and skill lines and classes should recognize that and attempt to appeal to a multitude of playstyles.

So no. I don't think, regardless of your definition of RP, the current state of vampirism is justified.

If they want vampire (and werewolf) to feel more immersive, maybe they need to expand the skill lines so they behave more like classes. Have 2 skill lines per affliction: one for damage (spammable, gap closer, aoe, etc), one for utility (healing, stun, mitigation). You'd have enough skills that someone could make a full vampire build, or have more options than the hodge podge that we've currently got that works for almost no one.
    Edited by heaven13 on September 2, 2020 9:19PM
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS