The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What do you think about being vampire?

• Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SlimeBro1 wrote: »
    A lot of people seem to complain about not being able to just be a vampire for a passive buff to their regeneration... Except that was one of the main purposes of the vampire rework. Either you play as a vampire, or its not really worth it, thats the idea, so that its not just a passive buff that EVERYONE has.

That to me in principle is an excellent development.

I think Vampire is in the best state its been in. I use it extensively as an integral part of two of my pvp characters. Two of my pve characters are also vampires.

Personally I do not care for the ultimate, though I understand why they went for that kind of thing. Id have preferred a morph much similar to the old ulti, and the other morph for "vampire lord" which as a concept I do not care for. That said, it is very effective and a "good" ultimate.

Also to get the most out of being a vampire and utilise the skills, it is quite hard work in that you have to be very careful not to die! High risk high reward was the aim, but I am concerned that the skill cap is too high for a wide audience to enjoy. Certainly a lot of people do not seem to understand or like how you have to use the skills to be effective.

Apart from these observations, I got pretty much what I hoped for from the rework, great job Zos!

Where is this 'lot of people' talking about not getting a free passive?

Most of the complaints are about the design.

And do explain how you use these 'high skillcap' skills, oh wise one. Since the majority of people apparently don't understand. And don't you start to explain to me that Vampiric Drain is a good ability. Also wouldn't mind giving your build either and telling the class what content you do?

I genuinely cannot imagine someone thinking the new vampire rework is excellent game development. [snip]

@SlimeBro1 I think you need to chill out.

There are plenty of comments complaining in various ways, about how Vampirism is useless or no good NOW... as in, before when they could just use it for the passive (which is all most people did use it for), it was fine or better. And also there are plenty of comments specifically talking about the passive regen loss. But I'm not about to trawl through the forums for you. Frankly arguing no one or very few people are upset about that, makes you look a bit silly.

I'm not talking from a perspective of being an "oh wise one", (drop the attitude and chill out). I personally use vampirism on two pvp characters effectively, particularly my sniper. I have also used it effectively on one of my pve characters (the other pve character being a tank which I have not played since the changes). I do not think its particularly difficult in concept to see how the damage output can be crazy, the longer you keep the damage buff on, the more damage you do... keeping it on while your health drops is the issue, particularly in content as you are taking damage... I dont actually use vampirism that way on my pve character, but I HAVE seen someone much more capable than me do so, and the damage output was truly ridiculous. The key is outhealing the debuff, so that the skill stays on longer, instead of auto toggling off when your health hits rock bottom.

I have already explained that I think to utilise the combination of skills that allow this huge damage output, is too difficult for most folk when in content, including me, so you have misinterpreted what I am saying. Im not here bragging, Im simply discussing Vampirism, which I have had and continue to have great fun with in its current form.
    Edited by Grianasteri on September 1, 2020 3:28PM
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Awoo~
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • scorpius2k1
    scorpius2k1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do I feel about being a Vampire in ESO?

Well, let's see.

ZoS promised us The Lost Boys, but we got the Twilight Saga instead.

eso-lost-boys-twilight-saga.png

🌎 PC/NA
    🐧 Linux (Arch)
    🧑‍💻 ESO Addon Dev
    ⚔️ Stamplar | Magplar | Stamcro | Magsorc | Magcro Healer
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO stage one stealth speed is the only worth while buff. The cost increase beyond this is to much. The effectiveness of the vampire line does not seem to line up with the additional cost you receive to all other skills.

It seems to me they want the cost of being a vampire to be great but the skills you are "forced" to use at stage 4 are underwhelming in their effectivness against other players.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are there any vids of someone using only vamp skills running through vet trials?
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Weesacs
    Weesacs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im still trying to figure out the use of drain. Seriously, when would you use this skill?

For PvE the damage is terrible.

For PvP the damage AND heal is terrible.

Probably the worst skill in the game?
    High Elf Templar
    PS4 - EU - DC
    Over 37,500 Achievements!
  • jlmurra2
    jlmurra2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Post Greymoor vampire is serviceable for role play, but I just don't feel as enthusiastic about it as pre Greymoor vampire.
  • Galwylin
    Galwylin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only have one and I don't actually RP but I'm really not incorporating the skills except to level them. Not because I think they're bad or unusable but as a necromancer on top, those skills seem less visually as interesting or as usable over a necro skill of sorts. Vampire is this thing I'm just carry on top. Same is true for my werewolf. Its nice to break out once in a while. I'd rather vampire skills be more like werewolf skills in that the whole skill line is viable instead of one or two skills and so far I'm not finding that. But I also like that these aren't skills you add to a build as an enhancement with little draw back as it was. But I'm not sure they did anything more with the line other than add a penalty. It would probably help to know how they mean vampire to function. Is it just an enhancement line, a favor line or is this supposed to be judged the same an any other. Right now it seems confused about what it is.
  • PrimusNephilim
    PrimusNephilim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 3 and haven't played those toons since the DLC dropped....I may just start curing them, really see no point in having a vampire
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Galwylin wrote: »
    I'd rather vampire skills be more like werewolf skills in that the whole skill line is viable instead of one or two skills and so far I'm not finding that.

As much as I love my Vampire, this is so true. I didn't become a Vampire to use one or two Vampires skills. This makes me feel like a watered down version of what the Vampire could be.

PCNA
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i love it, i am enjoying the new skill lines and new vampire animations.
    i love everything about it now as it is FAR better than it was previously in every way.
    i know there are others who dont like the new changes but im not one of them, i love the new changes, sory to disappoint.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vampires used to have at least some good benefits. Now it just seems like they're in the worst state they've ever been. They changed vampires added a skill line removed one of the best passives then only of the abilities was one people really used and it gets nerfed. I do like the pale look but there seems to be more downsides to upsides of being a vampire actually at this point I'd rather just have a skin like the vampire look.

It is called a Curse for a reason.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Fuzzybrick
    Fuzzybrick
    ✭✭✭
    Currently I'm finding it hard to really like anything zos does, but that being said I'm a gamer and I know how it goes. You got your ups and downs, your nerfs and your buffs, it's just the nature of the game. So for the past year I've been just building Toons with a theme. No intentions of being best in slot anything, just a fun character to run around. I do love both my werewolves, one for tanking and one for dps. But I have to say my vampire is starting to grow on me. I feel like some of the skills aren't working as intended, (example: the vampire drain abilities and morphs are weak and not even worth using, also I'm not a fan of this criminal act) but overall with my toggle spell power and earthgore raining blood on me nearly all the time. I feel like a vamp. I have to say I hate the ultimate though. It's ugly. My Toon is a woman, and she turns into an ugly looking bat winged demon horned man for the ultimate? If I were to choose a form I'd personally choose to look like the vampire from the anime rosario vampire, or even the demon girl in highschool DxD. So I don't use it. Like I said, it's a theme.
    Edited by Fuzzybrick on September 1, 2020 4:23PM
    "A TROLL, HUH? WELL, THERE'S ONLY ONE SOLUTION FOR THAT, DESTROY ALL THE BRIDGES IN THE WORLD!"-- Uncle Grandpa

VR 16 Stamina Templar
    VR 16 Magicka Templar
    VR 16 Magicka NB
    VR 16 Stamina DK
    VR 16 Magicka DK
    VR 16 Stamina Sorc
    VR 16 Magicka Sorc

• Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only have it on a couple of characters so I can give free bites to guildies.

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I finally got around the curing in on my tank...the undeath passive and the regen made it worth it before...now there is literally no reason for a tank to use it. I only held on to it as long as I did after the patch because the increased sneak speed was nice....now the only possible reasons you could have for keeping it as a tank would be mist to mitigate some damage in fights that would otherwise drain more stam blocking than would be reasonable or if you dont have a good class CC
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I did initially get it for RP reasons, but it's turned out to be pretty fun. As a warden, I am able to compensate for many of the draw backs, though I've become a more tanky melee magicka build. Mesmerize is an awsome group stun, that also solves the merchancant problem. And I find myself staying stage 4 as I collect skill points because I can sprint permanently invisible through all the trash. And when I get to a boss, I pop the ult, which I've paired with Balorgh. DPS overall is not superhigh, but I can solo WBs. So overall, it has its ups and downs, but if you build for it, instead of treating it as an additional buff to a current build, you may find an interesting new style of play.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • OmniDo
    OmniDo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remain a Vampire for the following reasons:
    1. Unnatural Movement + Concealed Weapon = Stealthy-Speedy.
      That coupled with Cowards, and I don't even need to mount anymore.
      (Now if only ZOS would fix their terrain so that I'm not flying over a small dip in the road or catapulting over a small incline and being forced out of stealth...)
    2. Dark Stalker + Concealed Weapon = 'scuse me while I slip right past you, kthxbai
    3. Undeath for Tank and Healer roles (Less damage is always a good thing)
    4. AoE Stun - Great for Tanking
    And last but certainly not least, RP.
    There is nothing advantageous about being a Mortal.
    You grow old, you get sick, you die against your will.
    Vampirism at it's very least provides immortality and sufficient potential staying power to survive far longer than the poor mortal fools who are my food.
    Edited by OmniDo on September 1, 2020 5:24PM
  • ManM
    ManM
    ✭✭✭
    Vampires are supposed to be outcasts. ZOS is apparently trying to replicate that experience in the player base, as well as with NPCs. In advanced group content a non-vampire is superior to a vampire. So if you are looking to join groups for trials or vet dungeons as a vampire, you are a charity case. You can perform every team role better without the curse, so go heal yourself already.

Vampirism increases your stealth mobility and burst potential, but forces you into a self-sufficient solo build. No outside healing, after all. It's super convenient for overland content, although, by the time you are geared for vet dungeons and trials, overland content is trivial regardless. The only meaningful use case where a vampire can outperform a mortal is in pvp bursting.

So, that leaves RP or aesthetics. If you simply want to be a vampire because vampires are cool, the bite animations, skin changes, and skill visuals are sufficient to scratch that itch.

My character is a vampire, and will remain so, for RP reasons. I am quite aware that my character is weaker for it. Still, I have worked with my trial guild enough that they trust I can contribute enough, in spite of the vampirism. I just drop to stage 1, remove all the vampire skills from my bars, paint on some lipstick, and go about pretending to be a mortal. RP wise, this makes perfect sense. A vampire going out in to public would hide what they are, after all. Then, when the dungeons/trials are over, I can get back to being spooky. I suspect that's working as intended.

With all that said, vampiric drain is a horrible skill. My suggestion is that they give it the properties of an execute, with significantly increased damage against nearly dead targets. It would be really nice using drain as the coup de grâce of a fight, sucking the last remaining life out of the victim while significantly healing the vampire's self-inflicted wounds. As a channel that can be interrupted, such a tweak wouldn't be balance breaking in pvp, and would do wonders to truly build up that RP feeling of being a vampire.

• fierackas
    fierackas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They may as well delete vampires from the game now.
  • Nova_J
    Nova_J
    ✭✭✭✭
    A lot of people seem to complain about not being able to just be a vampire for a passive buff to their regeneration... Except that was one of the main purposes of the vampire rework. Either you play as a vampire, or its not really worth it, thats the idea, so that its not just a passive buff that EVERYONE has.

I think Vampire is in the best state its been in. I use it extensively as an integral part of two of my pvp characters. Two of my pve characters are also vampires.

Personally I do not care for the ultimate, though I understand why they went for that kind of thing. Id have preferred a morph much similar to the old ulti, and the other morph for "vampire lord" which as a concept I do not care for. That said, it is very effective and a "good" ultimate.

Also to get the most out of being a vampire and utilise the skills, it is quite hard work in that you have to be very careful not to die! High risk high reward was the aim, but I am concerned that the skill cap is too high for a wide audience to enjoy. Certainly a lot of people do not seem to understand or like how you have to use the skills to be effective.

Apart from these observations, I got pretty much what I hoped for from the rework, great job Zos!

Who tf is complaining about the passive regen???? Literally no one is talking about th at anymore. The people who are complaining are just upset that the skill line is trash. There is no "high risk, high reward", the reward doesnt nearly match the risk for this skill line.
    The only thing decent about this line now is an ultimate that cost 280+ at stage 3 smh. Way too expensive.

Please show me a build that does well with this aside from dummy humping . I wanna see this oh so high "reward" you speak of. The only peeps who are rewarded form this are bomb/gank builds.
    Edited by Nova_J on September 1, 2020 6:23PM
  • Toanis
    Toanis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Advertisement:
    axUbILz.jpg

Reality:
    2Orwl1S.jpg
    Edited by Toanis on September 1, 2020 6:29PM
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I really liked the rework myself, also. But I no longer have the energy for this particular debate, and I should probably warn you that you're likely going to get a lot of incoming as a result of sharing this opinion. So get ready. haha

Still, I felt it was my duty to chime in and let you know you weren't alone. Because I also loved the changes. ZoS did a good job in my book. Also - and no offense meant - to those who share a different opinion don't bother quoting this post or highlighting my name. This is the one and only post I am going to write in this thread. ^^
    Edited by Jeremy on September 1, 2020 6:33PM
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OmniDo wrote: »
    I remain a Vampire for the following reasons:
    1. Unnatural Movement + Concealed Weapon = Stealthy-Speedy.
      That coupled with Cowards, and I don't even need to mount anymore.
      (Now if only ZOS would fix their terrain so that I'm not flying over a small dip in the road or catapulting over a small incline and being forced out of stealth...)
    2. Dark Stalker + Concealed Weapon = 'scuse me while I slip right past you, kthxbai
    3. Undeath for Tank and Healer roles (Less damage is always a good thing)
    4. AoE Stun - Great for Tanking
    And last but certainly not least, RP.
    There is nothing advantageous about being a Mortal.
    You grow old, you get sick, you die against your will.
    Vampirism at it's very least provides immortality and sufficient potential staying power to survive far longer than the poor mortal fools who are my food.

You are wrong on Undeath for tank...its complete garbage now that it requires stage 3 making you take 13% more flame damage, get owned by dawnbreakers, makes your abilities cost 8% more....and you only get the 30% less damage if your health is low to begin with...pure garbage for a tank now.

The stun is also garbage for a tank...it only affects enemies facing you. It is really only good for classes you dont want to tank on anyway because they have no good class CC...and for those you can easily substitute time stop without the vamp drawbacks.

As for building to be a vampire...sure, you could build to be a vampire to take full advantage of the skills...but why WOULD you? That argument fails to acknowledge that they took away useful skills EVERYONE used and replaced it with a skill line that ISN'T EVEN WORTH KEEPING. All to satisfy some harebrained idea that people want to roleplay. The fact is, most people in this game have zero interest in roleplaying. Most people who play RPGs do not and never have imagined they are the character they are playing. You can enjoy playing in a game in a fantasy setting without trying to believe you are actually in that fantasy.

Edited by josiahva on September 1, 2020 8:18PM
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    josiahva wrote: »
    As for building to be a vampire...sure, you could build to be a vampire to take full advantage of the skills...but why WOULD you?

Because I love Vampire, and the idea of being one. And I hope that as they see how these changes are affecting gameplay, they will make future changes... good ones this time.

PCNA
  • fierackas
    fierackas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    josiahva wrote: »
    As for building to be a vampire...sure, you could build to be a vampire to take full advantage of the skills...but why WOULD you?

Because I love Vampire, and the idea of being one. And I hope that as they see how these changes are affecting gameplay, they will make future changes... good ones this time.

Hopefully they will make it non-pvp only
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    While there are some things I do enjoy about the line, the line in it's entirety leaves a lot to be desired if we're talking about the 'ultimate vampire experience'. And I'm not just salty because I didn't get wing stubs on my transformation, it's just in general. Either you're playing a very niche playstyle or you're solely RPing. It's a shame because I had high hopes for it, but I've simply given up on it especially after the 'Revamp' stream and not even a single ability was showcased, nor player to developer questions were asked, but instead we had more answers about where the mount came from. :|
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fierackas wrote: »
    Hopefully they will make it non-pvp only

Why is that?

PCNA
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm kinda glad I don't have to be a vampire anymore.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Skykaiser_Ọlọrun
    Vampires before weren't really much of anything, so I figured they had nowhere to go but up. Boy, was I wrong about that. I feel confident in saying that the vampire rework might actually be one of the worst reworks in any game I've ever played. And I guess at no point in the development process did anyone remember that Tanks and Healers still play the game. Or they just figured that people who enjoyed that playstyle for years can screw off with the new changes. Not sure which is worse.

At best, they're extremely niche (in a game where flexibility/customization is supposed to be one of it's strong points...).
    The key is outhealing the debuff, so that the skill stays on longer

"Just outheal the damage" isn't the revelation you think it is.

How does one go about healing damage that scales every second, anyway?

Edited by Skykaiser_Ọlọrun on September 2, 2020 12:37AM
  • ParaViking
    ParaViking
    ✭✭✭
    Vampire sucks! Skills suck, passives suck, De-buffs, Single worse thing you can do to a toon. Not really playable...