The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Changes to which addons are loaded not working...

EntropicLynx
EntropicLynx
✭✭✭
Is anyone else having issues with changes to which addons are loaded not working?

When I have a character loaded, and change which addons I want to have loaded, and then /reloadui, the loaded addons completely revert to what I had loaded before I tried to make changes. Even disabling "use out of date addons" fails to work. Instead, if I want to make changes I have to log out to character selection screen, manually make the changes there, then log back in. Before I submit a bug report on this, I want to know if others have experienced the same thing. If not, then it is likely an issue with one of the addons I'm using and I'll have to figure out which one and contact the addon author about it.

Thanks.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you using Minion, @EntropicLynx?

Minion always checks for updates automatically when you open the tool.

In addition, some add-ons may not have been updated by the author since the last PTS patch from ZOS three weeks ago ... so I'd advise leaving those out-of-date ones turned off if possible.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on August 31, 2020 10:51PM
  • EntropicLynx
    EntropicLynx
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I use Minion.

Because neither Minion nor the manual downloads from the ESOUI website allow for different versions for PTS vs. Live, addon authors don't make updates available to the public for use only on the PTS, but instead, only release updates for the Live servers, and addons that haven't been broken by a patch don't get an update unless there was some other reason to do so, which means most addons are "out of date". As such, the suggestion to leave addons deactivated unless they have been updated more recently than the most recent PTS patch isn't very good advice. Additionally, the issue wasn't happening two weeks ago, well after the most recent PTS patch of August 10th.

I did some additional testing and found that even if I manually deactivated all addons from the character selection screen, then disabled out of date addons even being allowed, and then logged in with a character and used /reloadui while the character was loaded, it would reactivate "use out of date addons", and reactivate all addons that had previously been active the last time the character was loaded before this issue started. Since all addons and libraries were completely disabled at the time of character load, and therefore their scripts would not have loaded into the game at all, this issue is not a problem with addons so much as a problem with the addon API system related to loading addons when a /reloadui occurs.

I submitted a /bug report in-game and then headed to bed for the night. When I woke up and re-tested the issue it was resolved. So either there was a glitch specifically, but very temporarily affecting my game only, or there was an issue on the server-side that got fixed in a stealth patch and that didn't require a client patch.

In any case, as of now and at least for the time being, things are working normally again.