Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Werewolf nerf when?

erio
erio
✭✭✭✭✭
Theyre pretty much unkillable if built right. Its more annoying than anything, but its lowkey kinda stupid how a 1 bar easymode ulti can just stay in that form forever and do decent damage and be unkillable. Do they really need to be fast, have an unblockable stun and gap closers on one bar , at least let me get away lmao
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip] I will answer to your question OP:
    "Last year..."

[Edited to remove Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on August 30, 2020 4:16PM
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip] I will answer to your question OP:
    "Last year..."
    games perfect guys, i love eso i swear im not a bad player :) please let my criticism be valid 🙏
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on August 30, 2020 4:16PM
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol have you not seen top performing players play ww? It's ridiculous. It's a carry.
  • pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is a tad bit ridiculous.
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    erio wrote: »
    Theyre pretty much unkillable if built right. Its more annoying than anything, but its lowkey kinda stupid how a 1 bar easymode ulti can just stay in that form forever and do decent damage and be unkillable. Do they really need to be fast, have an unblockable stun and gap closers on one bar , at least let me get away lmao

I'd say a nerf is incoming in about 2-6 months, because that's about how often werewolf gets nerfed.
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • Djinn_al_zahir
    Every WW I see in Cyradiil gets dealt with quickly. I'm not seeing why they need a nerf.
    Man of la Mancha, DC, Nightblade
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every WW I see in Cyradiil gets dealt with quickly. I'm not seeing why they need a nerf.

You must not run into very many good ones. Also I dont really see them in cyro. More of an IC thing
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Overland pvp wolves, BG wolves, Pve wolves should all be nerfed because IP is powerful on werewolves in IC?
    Edited by Chrlynsch on August 30, 2020 11:39PM
    Caius
    PC NA
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chrlynsch wrote: »
    Overland pvp wolves, BG wolves, Pve wolves should all be nerfed because IP is powerful on werewolves in IC?

Theres literally no difference pvp wise except cp. Yes. No one even uses werewolfs in pve so who cares.

please dont twist my words too :)
    Edited by erio on August 30, 2020 11:56PM
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So... Good players with right WW builds are hard to deal with. Again, WW nerf why?
    If bad players with bad builds were unkillable nuking machines - that would be the problem.
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Theres literally no difference pvp wise except cp. Yes. No one even uses werewolfs in pve so who cares.

You said "I dont really see them in cyro. More of an IC thing" the only place you have trouble with them in is IC, the difference between IC and the rest of pvp world is 2 things.

1. Availability of corpes, allows werewolf to stay in form longer, without risk of dropping out of form.

2. Availability of Imperial Physique which scales better on werewolf than any other build in the game. Due to the slowness of IC most encounters are usually 1v1 or small group outside of events, this is where werewolf thrives.

So again the only place you have issues with werewolf is in IC. Your words, why do Pve werewolves, PvP open world Werewolves, and BG werewolves need to suffer nerfs?

What changes would you like to see? How would you like them changed? What makes them unbalanced, when they are the only thing in the game that requires you to actually balance your build in order to have success. And Allll of boons that werewolf gets they have banes already. Let me elaborate.

Extra Armor -> Poison and Fighter's guild weakness
    Extra Speed -> No way to remove snares
    Extra Regen/Heavy Stamina restore boost -> Expensive Abilies

If a Werewolf wants to do damage they invest into Stamina or Weapon damage. Doing so exclusively makes them into a glass cannon with very weak healing and survival due lack of sustain.

Remember every build in the game can gain survivability when boosting their main stats, they have no trade offs they need to make as increasing damage also increases survivability.

But remember werewolf's heal comes from their max health and costs over 5k magicka to use. Now a wolf needs to boost their health pool to make their heal do more than 6k per pop (fortitude), really it is that weak in no CP, the heal/resource cost is one of the worst ratios in the game. Adding health will increase their heal but decrease their damage. But now if they want to heal more than 3 times before going OOM they again have to sacrifice more damage in return for Magicka recovery.

So what is a werewolf left with after all of this? Mildly tanky with moderate damage, and little to no group utility or kiting ability. And outside of werewolf form is left with a strange hybrid build.
    Caius
    PC NA
  • pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nairinhe wrote: »
    So... Good players with right WW builds are hard to deal with. Again, WW nerf why?
    If bad players with bad builds were unkillable nuking machines - that would be the problem.

I disagree. The ceiling of a build is where it should be dealt with, not the basement. If a skilled player can become a God with a build I don't care if a crappy player can't.
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You said "I dont really see them in cyro. More of an IC thing" the only place you have trouble with them in is IC, the difference between IC and the rest of pvp world is 2 things.

1. Availability of corpes, allows werewolf to stay in form longer, without risk of dropping out of form.

2. Availability of Imperial Physique which scales better on werewolf than any other build in the game. Due to the slowness of IC most encounters are usually 1v1 or small group outside of events, this is where werewolf thrives.

So again the only place you have issues with werewolf is in IC. Your words, why do Pve werewolves, PvP open world Werewolves, and BG werewolves need to suffer nerfs?

What changes would you like to see? How would you like them changed? What makes them unbalanced, when they are the only thing in the game that requires you to actually balance your build in order to have success. And Allll of boons that werewolf gets they have banes already. Let me elaborate.

If a Werewolf wants to do damage they invest into Stamina or Weapon damage. Doing so exclusively makes them into a glass cannon with very weak healing and survival due lack of sustain.

Remember every build in the game can gain survivability when boosting their main stats, they have no trade offs they need to make as increasing damage also increases survivability.

But remember werewolf's heal comes from their max health and costs over 5k magicka to use. Now a wolf needs to boost their health pool to make their heal do more than 6k per pop (fortitude), really it is that weak in no CP, the heal/resource cost is one of the worst ratios in the game. Adding health will increase their heal but decrease their damage. But now if they want to heal more than 3 times before going OOM they again have to sacrifice more damage in return for Magicka recovery.

So what is a werewolf left with after all of this? Mildly tanky with moderate damage, and little to no group utility or kiting ability. And outside of werewolf form is left with a strange hybrid build.

They also get :
    increased stamina making stamina sustain easier which allows to build some mag sustain.
    Increased resistance so building mitigation is easier than ever making adding hp easy to do.

Outside of ww firm isn't a problem. You can be in it nearly infinitely.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »

They also get :
    increased stamina making stamina sustain easier which allows to build some mag sustain.
    Increased resistance so building mitigation is easier than ever making adding hp easy to do.

I like how you completely ignored them asking what the main bits are that make the overpowered, or what could/should be changed.

When you ask for balancing changes, these are things you consider. When you ask for nerfs on the face of it, ZOS ignores the thread.

So, what about werewolf is overtuned? What skills and abilities contribute to it? What ways could those abilities be changed?
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

They also get :

Werewolf abilies are designed to do 25% more damage to comparable abilities while being 25% more expense. If a werewolf backs away from damage stats by adding HP and regen they then become as deadly and as survivable as a human build... If that isn't balance I don't know what is.

If you have issues with werewolf start using the many counters available to take care of them and put them down.

If you are looking for inspiration... Torg's Pact, Infused, Prismatic Glyph. Go have fun nudering werewolves.

http://imgur.com/a/wUkjUN6

Encourage build diversity, think critically and be a problem solver.
    Edited by Chrlynsch on August 31, 2020 2:59PM
    Caius
    PC NA
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    With all the poison sets out there right now, I really don't see werewolf as much of an issue.
    Theyre fierce 1v1 for sure, but that's about it.
  • ScardyFox
    ScardyFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually don't refer to L2P tropes, but if you actually think WW is OP thats an issue for you to deal with and figure out. They're clearly not even remotely OP for what they're designed for.
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Its not really me having trouble with them first of all, i just ignore them or run away and they never kill me, if theyre running cheese. Thats me saying the ww population is higher in IC. Corpses dont matter when you can just hit the player in cyro lmao, and its not like theyre gonna die the second theyre not in non ww form.
    "So again the only place you have issues with werewolf is in IC. " because thats really the only place i see them. I do guild raids in cyro every week and literally cant remember the last time i saw a ww. I see them every day in IC.

" Due to the slowness of IC most encounters are usually 1v1 or small group outside of events, this is where werewolf thrives. " So if something is strong in a small scale battle its not overtuned?

Ive never seen a ww have trouble sustaining. Dude poison dots tick for like nothing, and db doesnt seem to do much to any decently good ww, plus is doesnt work half the time. Im like 99% sure a dodgeroll removes snares.

They still do some damage while building tanky.
    Edited by erio on August 31, 2020 9:27PM
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nairinhe wrote: »

Because theyre much harder to deal with that any good player with a good build thats not a ww.
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »

They also get :

I like how you completely ignored them asking what the main bits are that make the overpowered, or what could/should be changed.

When you ask for balancing changes, these are things you consider. When you ask for nerfs on the face of it, ZOS ignores the thread.

So, what about werewolf is overtuned? What skills and abilities contribute to it? What ways could those abilities be changed?

I wouldnt even say theyre op. Theyre just unkillable (way more than any normal tank build) and are really annoying./
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »
    With all the poison sets out there right now, I really don't see werewolf as much of an issue.
    Theyre fierce 1v1 for sure, but that's about it.

you arent the benchmark, and i dont see dots doing much against a 30k hp ww tbh
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ScardyFox wrote: »
    I usually don't refer to L2P tropes, but if you actually think WW is OP thats an issue for you to deal with and figure out. They're clearly not even remotely OP for what they're designed for.

Id love to figure out how to magically kill a decent ww thats tanky. Maybe if me and the 6 other guys i watched all dump ultis on a ww should just l2p.

Your point is silly imo, its like saying "just figure out how to kill a cheese tank" Im sure if i sat there long enough i could kill them, but the time and effort required are not worth it.
    Edited by erio on August 31, 2020 9:32PM
  • Kilcosu
    Kilcosu
    ✭✭✭
    I'm trying to gain some insight on this thread, OP are you on pc? or console?

I ask because your response to others trying to give you an In on how to dispatch werewolves does not seem to match up with your resolve of how difficult they are.

is this non cp ic or cp and what class are you running in ic
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Id rather them be op than useless but they're def op
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »

They also get :

Im countering him completely ignoring what makes ww easy to achieve the things hes saying they cant. I literally say that. Read.
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kilcosu wrote: »

I ask because your response to others trying to give you an In on how to dispatch werewolves does not seem to match up with your resolve of how difficult they are.

Pc Cp , I play Stamcro, and Stamblade (2h/bow not ganker).
    No one is trying to give me an "in" and im 95% sure theres no secret way to magically kill a werewolf that i've been missing. They arent difficult to fight, theyre just unkillable. I dont die, they dont die if theyre halfway decent. Id like to state again that I can kill werewolfs, but if someone actually knows how to play one they can just fight like 5+ guys at once and not die.
    Edited by erio on August 31, 2020 10:59PM
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think 98% of the werewolves in the game would prefer having a heal that scaled off of their primarydamage stats, so they could have great damage and great healing without having to invest in max mag, mag regen, and Max health.
    Kilcosu wrote: »

Pc Cp , I play Stamcro, and Stamblade (2h/bow not ganker).
    No one is trying to give me an "in" and im 95% sure theres no secret way to magically kill a werewolf that i've been missing. They arent difficult to fight, theyre just unkillable. I dont die, they dont die if theyre halfway decent. Id like to state again that I can kill werewolfs, but if someone actually knows how to play one they can just fight like 5+ guys at once and not die.

Didn't you see that link I posted that's your silver bullet for werewolves.
    Caius
    PC NA
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There’s really not enough good players playing WW for people to give a proper judgement. You can build super tanky, have damage and decent sustain. It’s just the fact that not many people know how to actually play WW so they come off mediocre.
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    WW is literally build for people with no skill. You only have 1 bar to manage, a lot of your damage is in light and heavy attacks and you get inflated stats! That dumbs down the game to a crazy level. Now when you get a skilled player as a WW they are basically unstoppable unless you stack like 3-6 [snip] on them but no one uses dawnbreaker anymore.

[Edited to remove Inappropriate Content]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on September 1, 2020 1:03PM
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember when people were saying how OP and unkillable vamps were. Times sure are a-changin'
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."