The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I cannot login even though I am using the correct password/username

Sfp4
Sfp4
I have contacted a few people and they're giving me some condescending 'your password is wrong!' response. I cannot login via my correct username and password, thats the issue, period.

I have seen people post this topic and igms help them out so please help me! I also have already submitted multiple tickets.

Thanks for any help.
  • Sfp4
    Sfp4
    An update. I cannot login through my account or a newly created account.

I can login into forums on both, but can only check the account section of this website on the new account, my original account is in limbo and allows for password resets but does not recognize when logging in to view account/the game.
  • Sfp4
    Sfp4
    Apparently you cant edit here or I would.

I have tried: repairing client, different internet connection, restarting, changing password, waiting, everything

I dont want to wait days on a ticket :(
  • BisDasBlutGefriert
    BisDasBlutGefriert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to ZOS....
    ~There’s a positive in every negative. Sometimes the positive is harder to find than other times, but there is ALWAYS one there~
  • Sfp4
    Sfp4
    Welcome to ZOS....

yeah i cant even access my account to cancel my recurring membership which renews in two days, if i dont hear a response by then im quitting and disputing the charge with my bank
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like the only route is an Online Support ticket, @Sfp4.

Your comments have all the symptoms of an account ban ... let’s hope it’s not that and something more minor.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on August 29, 2020 2:58AM
  • Sfp4
    Sfp4
    Sounds like the only route is an Online Support ticket, @Sfp4.

Your comments have all the symptoms of an account ban ... let’s hope it’s not that and something more minor.

Just to clarify

Main account: Forums works, logging ingame does not, account section does not

New account: Forums works, logging ingame does not, account section does

There is likely some issue on their end
  • Sfp4
    Sfp4
    @ZOS_RyanM @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Could someone help me? Question Reference # 200828-006214

I cannot login, I dont know the security question, I have all other possible information. Hack is extremely unlikely, I dont want to wait 12 hours between each ticket because my recurring membership renews tomorrow and if this issue isnt resolved by then(i cant cancel it without account access) I am just going to dispute it through my bank and quit the game permanently.

My account is stuck in limbo and will not login with correct pass/username.
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Greetings @Sfp4

Thank you for providing your ticket number. We can confirm that your ticket is still open and a support agent will respond to your latest reply as soon as possible.

Please be aware that updating your ticket will put it at the end of the line and delay the response time. With that in mind, we recommend only updating your ticket as necessary. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Sfp4
    Sfp4
    Greetings @Sfp4

Thank you for providing your ticket number. We can confirm that your ticket is still open and a support agent will respond to your latest reply as soon as possible.

Please be aware that updating your ticket will put it at the end of the line and delay the response time. With that in mind, we recommend only updating your ticket as necessary. Thank you for your understanding.

@ZOS_Adrikoth

Could you personally assist me by chance? I know the exact problem, my account is locked/broken and its on your guys' end somehow. I dont want to wait days for a tier 1 tech support person to not know what needs to be done, I want to be fast tracked to a tier 3 support. I have tried contacting you guys directly in office/every method and receiving no assistance. 16 hours wait on a ticket to be told we can send a password request is unacceptable. Where is the live chat/phone tech support? This is a huge company.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'll have to be patient, @Sfp4, as there are many players in line ahead of you with valid tickets.

I know the timing isn't the greatest with your ESO+ renewal ... but it is what it is.

Holding the Support Team hostage (because you might quit when the ESO+ renewal date passes) isn't advised.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on August 30, 2020 1:19AM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My thought: If your account was banned, your ESO Plus would have been canceled automatically. Normally, you would receive an email to that effect. In any case, if it renews, chances are it is not a ban.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Sfp4
    Sfp4
    Your reference #:200829-006478

@Taleof2Cities @ZOS_Adrikoth

I submitted a new ticket clearly explaining the issue. The issue is not my security question, my password, ive been hacked, none of that. My account is currently stuck in limbo with your servers, its not being recognized. My login information never changed yet I couldnt login, ive seen people with this issue when there is a server reset/patch. My account needs to be refreshed/fixed because its not being identified right now. I can login to forums with my correct login information but the account section and in game do not work. This happened immediately after logging out and my account was never hijacked. I have another ticket with an agent that is resetting my security question right now since I dont know that, but thats not the issue.

Its very frustrating waiting 24 hours for a reply and then not having your actual problem addressed, I need a tier2/tier3 support technician to look into this.
  • Sfp4
    Sfp4
    Forgot you cant edit. Ive tried logging into my account through multiple connections, even a paid VPN from other places around the world, its not a routing issue. Ive flushed my DNS, reinstalled the game, repaired the client, rebooted my computer, there is an issue on their end and its not recognizing my account.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can edit. For replies, it is the "gear icon" next to the reply number. For the original post, it is the gear icon up by the title.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Sfp4

As an update, this is now being handled under ticket 200828-006214. Support sent you a response today and your follow-up was received. Another reply from support should be coming soon.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Sfp4
    Sfp4
    200828-006214

I just want to confirm i DO NOT have centurylink and that is not my issue. My account is somehow hidden/broken/locked/stuck with a server crash or something.
  • Sfp4
    Sfp4
    I am going to post this here for those who have this issue in the future, it would have been a simple fix for me but I did not know my security question seeing as I made this account in like 2012 and never had any issue with it since. If you log out and suddenly your password does not work and you receive the 'invalid password/inactive account' error, its a server side glitch or you just have to change your password and it will work. Strangest fix I know. This process has been so frustrating for me and I hope if anyone else experiences it my fix works for you.