The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

BEWARE OF SCAMMERS !

Mappy2kx
Mappy2kx
✭✭✭
after I've been scammed for 400.000 gold, ZOS just replied saying , they cand return my gold back ! REALLY ? you are the owner of the game, you can do anything with it , you are a GOD of the game !

they answer : '' As far as I am aware we are unable to restore the gold however you can still contact customer support if you wish. As for the player who scammed you, please report them and provide all the evidence you have so the appropriate team can investigate the matter further. Thank you for your understanding.''

so , whats the point of reporting the scammer ? all I wanted was my gold back , nothing else ! nice ! GJ GJ !
Edited by ZOS_Adrikoth on August 28, 2020 7:13PM
M
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everything in this post is against the TOS.
  • Mappy2kx
    Mappy2kx
    ✭✭✭
    Everything in this post is against the TOS.

how so ?
    M
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Greetings,

Can you please provide your Ticket number?
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Mappy2kx
    Mappy2kx
    ✭✭✭
    Greetings,

Can you please provide your Ticket number?

1 sec

Question Reference # 200825-005879

Thnx anticipated GM Adrikoth!
    M
  • Mappy2kx
    Mappy2kx
    ✭✭✭
    its one of them ...I reported him few times...1 time from the game..1 from website :)))
    M
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Greetings,

This ticket is still open and in the right place. As stated in the latest reply, we will investigate this matter and take appropriate action.

If you have any additional concerns or wish to add additional information to your ticket then we encourage you to reply to our latest email. With that said, please be aware that updating your ticket will put it at the end of the line, so please only update your ticket as necessary.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Mappy2kx
    Mappy2kx
    ✭✭✭
    its one of them ...I reported him few times...1 time from the game..1 from website :)))
    Greetings,

This ticket is still open and in the right place. As stated in the latest reply, we will investigate this matter and take appropriate action.

If you have any additional concerns or wish to add additional information to your ticket then we encourage you to reply to our latest email. With that said, please be aware that updating your ticket will put it at the end of the line, so please only update your ticket as necessary.

thank you very much for the info ! I will still hope till last for my precious hard worked gold :)
    M
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope that ZOS starts taking a harder stance on scammers. The reason being, if scammers go without being punished, it sends a message that it's ok to do that. No repercussions will follow. If that knowledge becomes widespread, the rate of scamming increases until it's a problem that ZOS no longer has the resources to handle. The same is true of cheaters in game.

ZOS seems to have a solid grip on assigning social bans to people that aren't even aware of why they got hit to begin with. Maybe throw some of these social bans around to scammers to slow it down a bit? I had a conversation just the other day with someone who claimed to have scammed 100 million gold from players. He said he's been reported numerous times with no action taken and he will continue to do it because ZOS (apparently) has no intention of actioning his account. I reported him myself but who knows if ZOS will do anything about it.
  • SDKTJ
    SDKTJ
    ✭✭✭
    I feel ya, first time buying crowns recently and I got scammed for 350,000. I was told that I might get my gold back in the email that came when my ticket was closed, here's hoping I get it soon.
    Edited by SDKTJ on August 29, 2020 1:17AM
  • Mappy2kx
    Mappy2kx
    ✭✭✭
    I hope that ZOS starts taking a harder stance on scammers. The reason being, if scammers go without being punished, it sends a message that it's ok to do that. No repercussions will follow. If that knowledge becomes widespread, the rate of scamming increases until it's a problem that ZOS no longer has the resources to handle. The same is true of cheaters in game.

ZOS seems to have a solid grip on assigning social bans to people that aren't even aware of why they got hit to begin with. Maybe throw some of these social bans around to scammers to slow it down a bit? I had a conversation just the other day with someone who claimed to have scammed 100 million gold from players. He said he's been reported numerous times with no action taken and he will continue to do it because ZOS (apparently) has no intention of actioning his account. I reported him myself but who knows if ZOS will do anything about it.

WOWWWWW ....100 mil gold ! HALELUIA !!! if this is the case...we will see more scammers ! :(
    M
  • Mappy2kx
    Mappy2kx
    ✭✭✭
    SDKTJ wrote: »
    I feel ya, first time buying crowns recently and I got scammed for 350,000. I was told that I might get my gold back in the email that came when my ticket was closed, here's hoping I get it soon.

and ? no gold ? you still waiting ? maybe is a hope ! :)
    M
  • SDKTJ
    SDKTJ
    ✭✭✭
    All that happened so far was my ticket being answered after 8 days with the generic paragraph about not disclosing the outcome of the ticket, followed by "If we are able to recover your items, we will contact you again via email."

That line gave me an ounce of hope, no ETA is a bit disheartening though. I really hope support pulls through since this is my first (and last) time being scammed, I've been playing casually since console launch so that amount gold was a big deal to me.

I'll give it some time, I responded with a nice email just to make sure it gets to a human, and maybe they'll be nice to me =). It is the weekend though so I'm not expecting a response for a few days.

Good luck to you and me both, my advice is to only buy crowns off the World Crown Exchange discord in the future.
    Edited by SDKTJ on August 29, 2020 10:31PM
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Buying crowns from randoms in zone chat is just dumb. There are many "safe" venues for buying crowns and yes, they generally cost a bit more, but you actually get what you paid for. I had a guild member a few months back actively dissing our crown exchange in guild chat, expounding the benefits of saving a few gold by buying from randoms. After he lost over 2 million gold trying to get a great deal, he didn't have a lot to say about it anymore.
    Edited by Kwoung on August 30, 2020 12:11AM
  • BeefcakeManwich
    I've bought crowns in zone chat often. I got scammed once in my many transactions. Nobody likes to be scammed, including myself. Here's my input. Split up your purchases. Lowest cost transactions first. Be wary during free trial events. That's the one that got me. I sent a ticket, nothing came of it. Luckily it was a small purchase. With that said I do now have a list of reliable crown sellers on my friendslist. Be safe with your wallet out there 😊
    Edited by BeefcakeManwich on August 31, 2020 6:36AM
  • Mappy2kx
    Mappy2kx
    ✭✭✭
    SDKTJ wrote: »
    All that happened so far was my ticket being answered after 8 days with the generic paragraph about not disclosing the outcome of the ticket, followed by "If we are able to recover your items, we will contact you again via email."

That line gave me an ounce of hope, no ETA is a bit disheartening though. I really hope support pulls through since this is my first (and last) time being scammed, I've been playing casually since console launch so that amount gold was a big deal to me.

I'll give it some time, I responded with a nice email just to make sure it gets to a human, and maybe they'll be nice to me =). It is the weekend though so I'm not expecting a response for a few days.

Good luck to you and me both, my advice is to only buy crowns off the World Crown Exchange discord in the future.

good to know..thnx
    M
  • Mappy2kx
    Mappy2kx
    ✭✭✭
    Kwoung wrote: »
    Buying crowns from randoms in zone chat is just dumb. There are many "safe" venues for buying crowns and yes, they generally cost a bit more, but you actually get what you paid for. I had a guild member a few months back actively dissing our crown exchange in guild chat, expounding the benefits of saving a few gold by buying from randoms. After he lost over 2 million gold trying to get a great deal, he didn't have a lot to say about it anymore.

I traded with random for few year..and never get scammed . only this time...so 90 % of the time , the randoms were ok.sadly it so hard to get a scammer punished ! :( Zos can do more.For exemple , last year , I was playing TERA , and I couldnt finish a quest because I deleted an item reletade to the quest.I wrote a ticket and in A DAY , a GM sent the item into the game ! so , I dont understand why ZOS cant do the same ?
    M
  • Mappy2kx
    Mappy2kx
    ✭✭✭
    I've bought crowns in zone chat often. I got scammed once in my many transactions. Nobody likes to be scammed, including myself. Here's my input. Split up your purchases. Lowest cost transactions first. Be wary during free trial events. That's the one that got me. I sent a ticket, nothing came of it. Luckily it was a small purchase. With that said I do now have a list of reliable crown sellers on my friendslist. Be safe with your wallet out there 😊

thnx.actualy , I do the same . i try to pay 50 % ...first..but this time I was to lazy, I sayed . whataheck...for 400.000 gold...its not big deal..and BANG...I got scammed ! ...its not a tragedy , I have 11 mil gold..but I feel bad, because that guy , did to me , to others too..and get eazy money from others ..and he is not punished ! he is a thief ! and ZOS police is sleeping or is moving soooo slowww to catch it ! :( shame.! they can do more for the community !
    M
  • LordArconSeptim
    LordArconSeptim
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing new to ZOS, people lose five year accounts to hackers and viruses and ZOS wont help you back recover it just because of no 2fa authenticator