Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Medusa drop rate

• zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just fyi, always farm in vet because vet mode has chest level Intermediate>, which always contain a set item.
    I was not aware of that. Surely could help the grind out a bit especially since it's a pretty easy and fast run dungeon. Good and helpful info. Thanks :smile:
    Neither did I and yes good tips.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for this clarification, you're absolutely right about both being less uptime than channeled. I should have read more closely. I was under the assumption quick reading the first part of the skill (60s) and not the second :s With that said, if the concern is only about buff uptime then I agree, go channeled. Personally though, I still prefer using trap/lightweight over channeled since it takes stamina instead of magicka and does extra physical damage (even if mag, it's still extra damage), not to mention avoiding the Psijic Skill line grind. Every 18s or 10s really isn't bad at all imho to keep the buff up still have plenty of stamina available for cc/roll, etc. I also don't care for the cast time on channeled. Could also just run Medusa 3 jewels+2 gear to keep 100% uptime instead of worrying about any skill at all. All personal preference really.

Np mate, was just trying to help. Barbed Trap's Minor Force has indeed 18 seconds duration as you can see in the picture below. As for C.A., yes it is indeed a matter of personal preference. Many people like you say it's better to use Trap for the extra dmg and they are right. I prefer C.A. only because I can activate it whenever I want without relying on an enemy to step on the trap, save stamina and have a buff that lasts longer. But ofc it's a dps loss, no question about it. As for Medusa, I would use it if I could make Siroria staff to drop. It just wont drop either. :D:D:D

U7HlyKm.jpg
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both trapped and lightweight have the minor force crit bonus and super easy to use since you only have to use the skill on an enemy every 60 seconds to keep the buff up. :)

That's not true. Minor force lasts 18 seconds for Barbed Trap and 10 secs for Lightweight Trap.

For mags it's better to use Channeled Acceleration which gives Minor Force for 36 secs.

@scorpius2k1 @gatekeeper13
    I think it's more accurate to say that it is situationally better to use channeled acceleration. The issue with Channeled is the cast time. On most true stack and burn fights, Barbed trap is better. It's also certainly better for parsing on a dummy. There is also a small damage component, even if it is stamina based.

In a lot of actual content though, I do agree that Channeled is the more compelling option. The movement speed is also useful in a lot of "backroom" situations.

The cool thing about medusa is that it frees up a skill slot, and its barely a DPS loss over Mother's Sorrow. A lot of builds really require every bar slot to maximize DPS, so if you need a shield/heal or utility skill, it becomes a very compelling option.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on September 11, 2020 7:37PM
  • gongxizhirwb17_ESO
    medusa free me from trap and channel acc.
    my magblade backbar is maelstrom inferno staff.
    mainbar use medusa's 3 jewelry and inferno staff.
    after 6.1.0 besides false god which mag set for magblade is better?

Edited by gongxizhirwb17_ESO on September 12, 2020 1:05AM
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ACamaroGuy wrote: »
    What is the drop rate on Medusa flame and lightning staves and jewelry? I've solo ran this dungeon 32 times and grouped 3 times in the last two and a half days. Only three rings and one necklace has dropped. As for the flame and lightning staves...nothing. why do they make it so difficult to get this? Does it actually hurt the game or cost them money to increase the drop rates? Do they think a person wasting their time doing the exact same thing over and over and over and over again is fun for that person and keeping them interested in the game?

If you get unlucky it can take an ungodly amount of time to get a specific weapon you are after. It's one of the reasons I don't like systems that depend entirely on RNG.

What I did in your situation (after over 50 runs of not getting the weapon I wanted) was put together some bribe money. At the end offer to buy the weapon you're after from the rest of the group for 100k. That will increase your odds dramatically. Because seeing those dollar signs will get their attention. It's a lot more effective than just asking for it and hoping they are feeling charitable.
    Edited by Jeremy on September 12, 2020 1:26AM
  • PancakeHead
    PancakeHead
    ✭✭
    As of 6/7/2021 on the PS4 NA server, I have run Arx Corinium 223 times in two and a half weeks, including a mixture of normal and vet, opening almost every chest (there were some the group passed), and have not gotten an inferno staff. I have offered every group anywhere from one hundred thousand to a million for it. Only one person in any of my groups said they ever got it and it took them three months.

How is this even somewhat ok for the developers and staff? It makes me despise the game. I no longer play Elder Scrolls Online. I play Arx Corinium and it sucks.
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you're farming gear never run alone
    Indeed. All people I know got the Inferno staff from CHESTS in NORMAL pug runs.
    Two weeks of ca. 5 chest runs per day with a friend and we both got one.
    My friend found his staff himself in a chest, I paid 100k to another happy chest looter.

TWO WEEKS was ok - considering that for the SPC Mag Resto I even needed 6 YEARS to get it...
    However, I heard that with Blackwood the number of Arx chests has been reduced... :D

Edited by BalticBlues on June 8, 2021 3:23AM
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kwoung wrote: »
    i see people are farming for the medusa set What builds are you using it for? pvp or pve? tank? dps? thanks!

Sorc PVE DPS. I prefer simple rotations for numerous reasons, and it mostly works well for that paired with Mothers Sorrow... as a replacement for my FGD/MS build that just lost 20K DPS with the patch.

Just for reference, magblades can also use this set up.
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
  • jowv
    jowv
    ✭✭
    That RNG for you. I’ve run Arx over 200 times looking for that Inferno Staff. I take comfort in that my rubbish RNG is balanced off by others who report dropping all the gear they need over the first run, and then it drops again the next time too.
    Same issue with Perfect Roe. Now skinned over 2000 fish - dropped 1 roe. Some people have all the luck!!
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jowv wrote: »
    That RNG for you. I’ve run Arx over 200 times looking for that Inferno Staff. I take comfort in that my rubbish RNG is balanced off by others who report dropping all the gear they need over the first run, and then it drops again the next time too.
    Same issue with Perfect Roe. Now skinned over 2000 fish - dropped 1 roe. Some people have all the luck!!

I am with you on the fish, at one point I attempted to slog through master angler - I got to shadowfen and fished there for a LONNNNNNG time trying to get the fish I needed. Easily over 3k-4k fish it was a nightmare. Managed to eventually fillet all of them, no roe. That shouldn't even happen.
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
  • EpicHero
    EpicHero
    ✭✭✭✭
    There does seem to be something odd going on with the medusa inferno staff, I have to agree.
    Since reading this chest nerf here, my wife and I have been doing some arx runs pretty much daily, and we had all the staff from all 3 sets, except medusa inferno and lightning. Which might be coincidental, but I recall we had the same experience on the NA server, plus everyone we ran with only needed the medusa staffs, they already had the other ones.

But we finally got a few to drop last night from chests... so keep trying!
  • grumpy_pants95
    ACamaroGuy wrote: »
    What is the drop rate on Medusa flame and lightning staves and jewelry? I've solo ran this dungeon 32 times and grouped 3 times in the last two and a half days. Only three rings and one necklace has dropped. As for the flame and lightning staves...nothing. why do they make it so difficult to get this? Does it actually hurt the game or cost them money to increase the drop rates? Do they think a person wasting their time doing the exact same thing over and over and over and over again is fun for that person and keeping them interested in the game?

Well.. You have more chances of getting the drops you need in groups of 4, considering it’s a 4-man dungeon. Also RNG is urgh.. But in all fairness when i farmed for my set i believe i’ve farmed in a total of 127 times over 2 weeks with a full group and haven’t got any staves until the last run where i got both lightning and flame staff (one from chest and one from boss) and other group members got 1 frost, 1 flame and 1 lightning. So dunno..

But i guess you’re in my position where i’ve been farming vMA for the past 2 years (almost) and i still don’t have the lightning staff.. And that is actoss two platforms - started on PC and then when i moved on Console farmed it again and i now have every single weapon and set piece in my collection book BUT lightning staff so yeah..