The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

ESO+ and Housing Limits

eovogtb16_ESO
eovogtb16_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello!

I just wanted to see how people felt about this. I have purchased every content in the game and have a few houses but I do not subscribe to ESO+. My manors are bare, they actually feel empty with the limit there is on objects in houses without ESO+. Without ESO+ you can only place half of the items that you can with ESO+ in your house. I don't feel like this should be a thing?

I canceled my subscription to ESO+ years ago when the performance of the game has progressively gotten worse with the feeling no return to the norm it was back in 2016, and have somehow been surviving without it. I do have no problem subscribing to games but only if I am getting something back in return and it feels like my money isnt being put into the areas it should be, just in pumping out new content instead of fixing what is already here. I would have no problem subscribing again if the game was playable in areas like Cyrodiil or HM Trials (I have all HM achievements multiple times including godslayers and dawnbreaker now (not trying to flaunt just trying to show my issue with subscribing)).

Sorry for the rant but mainly I just wanted to see how people can cope with the minimal housing decorating that you can achieve without ESO+ when people with ESO+ are at the point where they also need more room in their housing. It doesn't seem fair that people without subscribing that have spent a lot of money on this game are still punished in areas like housing.
Edited by eovogtb16_ESO on August 27, 2020 12:51AM
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, there should be an "Unlock Maximal Furniture" token to buy with crowns (maybe let's say, 500 or 600 crowns per house) available in the ZoS Shop.

(I say this as an ESO+ suscriber myself.)
    TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
    Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
    Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
    Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
    Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
    Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
    Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
    Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
    Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;
    Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50 ;
    Jendaya al-Gilane - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Sabbathnazar Ullikummi - elfe noir chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Selvaryn Virotès - elfe noire lame noire 50 ;
    Tahajmi - khajiit sorcière 50 ;
    Telernil - haut-elfe templier 50 ;
    Zadzadak - gobelin nécromancien 50 ;
    Zandoga - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's ZOS' last official comment on housing item limits: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/512076/february-2020-furnishing-limit-status-update

I don't think anyone is particularly happy with that, but that won't change the technical constraints ZOS appears to be working with.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello!

I just wanted to see how people felt about this. I have purchased every content in the game and have a few houses but I do not subscribe to ESO+. My manors are bare, they actually feel empty with the limit there is on objects in houses without ESO+. Without ESO+ you can only place half of the items that you can with ESO+ in your house. I don't feel like this should be a thing?

I canceled my subscription to ESO+ years ago when the performance of the game has progressively gotten worse with the feeling no return to the norm it was back in 2016, and have somehow been surviving without it. I do have no problem subscribing to games but only if I am getting something back in return and it feels like my money isnt being put into the areas it should be, just in pumping out new content instead of fixing what is already here. I would have no problem subscribing again if the game was playable in areas like Cyrodiil or HM Trials (I have all HM achievements multiple times including godslayers and dawnbreaker now (not trying to flaunt just trying to show my issue with subscribing)).

Sorry for the rant but mainly I just wanted to see how people can cope with the minimal housing decorating that you can achieve without ESO+ when people with ESO+ are at the point where they also need more room in their housing. It doesn't seem fair that people without subscribing that have spent a lot of money on this game are still punished in areas like housing.

Crown exlusive houses are already insanely expensive, they should either come with extended slots for those without ESO+, or an option to buy (a cheap) upgrade. It's ridiculous to pay more money for a house, than what an actual chapter is worth, especially considering the fact that without ESO+ you only get half the slots, and that all recent house releases have been absurdly large. Aside from that, the only solution is to take advantage of ESO+ trials whenever they happen to decorate the rest of the slots, because even if the trial ends (or a subscription runs out), you can still keep your decorated house at double capacity, you just can't add anything (same as bank, etc.).