The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Nerien’eth staff CS Artwork Vs. In Game Model

Jthomas56
Jthomas56
✭✭✭
Between the two options what staff do you like more?

Nerien’eth staff CS Artwork Vs. In Game Model 27 votes

CS Artwork
44%
Moloch1514falcasternub18_ESOVexariusFischblutHellmaskerAztriasSshadowSscaleJthomas56colossalvoidsFabresFourhobgoblin_kuzyaHappyTheCamper 12 votes
In Game Model
55%
SilafCoolBlast3CinbriC0L0SSUSCloudlessmeekmikoemilyhyoyeonMauinThannazzarGhostrunner24martijnlv40FortunattoKiyakotariCarylasVLVDIMYR 15 votes
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In Game Model
    I actually like the in-game model more, except I can't figure out why the crystal has Molag Bals.

(I do like the coldfire on the promo artwork more than that on the in-game models, mostly because the in-game version seems not to adjust "up" to reflect changes in the position of the weapons, but rather keeps "up" static no matter what position the weapons are in.)
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    All of the Arms Pack promo arts use a picture of the boss, not the actual weapons. That's Nerien'eth's staff as he uses it in game.

The Arms Packs are designed to look similar to the monster helms with those color patterns. Which also does beg the question as to why Nerien'eth doesn't really look like his helm... His helm looks much more like a standard Lich, whereas he in-game is just an NPC with the unobtainable Lich style. It seems he was supposed to be a normal Lich, but they changed him. I guess because the Mad Architect was already a standard Lich final boss, so they wanted Nerien'eth to be different?

For things like Domihaus, it didn't make much difference, but he didn't go around with weapons at all. We did have the same arguments going on when the Valkyn Skoria set was up though, since the Valkyn uses a greatsword with one hand so the image showed that...when the 1H weapon included in that pack was a hammer.

I really think the promo images should show the actual weapons you'd get. It would prevent this kind of confusion.
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All of the Arms Pack promo arts use a picture of the boss, not the actual weapons. That's Nerien'eth's staff as he uses it in game.

The Arms Packs are designed to look similar to the monster helms with those color patterns. Which also does beg the question as to why Nerien'eth doesn't really look like his helm... His helm looks much more like a standard Lich, whereas he in-game is just an NPC with the unobtainable Lich style. It seems he was supposed to be a normal Lich, but they changed him. I guess because the Mad Architect was already a standard Lich final boss, so they wanted Nerien'eth to be different?

For things like Domihaus, it didn't make much difference, but he didn't go around with weapons at all. We did have the same arguments going on when the Valkyn Skoria set was up though, since the Valkyn uses a greatsword with one hand so the image showed that...when the 1H weapon included in that pack was a hammer.

I really think the promo images should show the actual weapons you'd get. It would prevent this kind of confusion.

I do agree. It's clear that a lot of people need clearer messages that the promo image merely shows the boss that the weapon is themed for.

Maybe before you buy these packs, ZOS could force a preview? Would seem a reasonable solution.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    In Game Model
    Model of pack is surprisingly high-quality, especially its particle effect. Shape and form perfectly synnergizing.
    While artwork is just showing unimpressive style of boss that fully covered in white flame when he cast his special ability. Looks cool but on practice constantly watching such bright object on your screen will get you tired and will only distract you . Not to mention that particle effects still affect perfomance.