The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Scammed

Mappy2kx
Mappy2kx
✭✭✭
A lvl 520 cp player scammed me with 420.000 gold.what can I do ? I have print screens ? Any chance to get the gold back ???
Edited by ZOS_Adrikoth on August 25, 2020 7:33PM
M
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Hey there @Mappy2kx

Please submit a report with us at help.elderscrollsonline.com so that the proper team can investigate.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was scammed too, and have video proof.
    I submitted a ticket a while ago, but have yet to hear back.

There seem to be a lot of new players that have been scamming people left and right.
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just curious, how did someone trick you into giving them 420,000 gold?
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was scammed too, and have video proof.
    I submitted a ticket a while ago, but have yet to hear back.

There seem to be a lot of new players that have been scamming people left and right.

Yep. It's rampant on ps4 na. I suggest never buying crowns from people you don't know. It's a risk to even buy from people you do know, unless you know them in person. Especially do not trust someone claiming to be a person you know's alt account.
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • Mappy2kx
    Mappy2kx
    ✭✭✭
    Elvenheart wrote: »

yes,he said he is sellinh crowns for 280 / c ,,,and I needed 1500 for the new dlc ! :* damn !
    M
  • Mappy2kx
    Mappy2kx
    ✭✭✭
    Hey there @Mappy2kx

Please submit a report with us at help.elderscrollsonline.com so that the proper team can investigate.

thnx.
    M
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Buying crowns maybe
  • Mappy2kx
    Mappy2kx
    ✭✭✭

yes,he said he is sellinh crowns for 280 / c ,,,and I needed 1500 for the new dlc ! :* damn !

Buying crowns maybe

yes,he advertised he sells crowns for 280 g ! I wanted 1500 for the new DLC ! and after I traded the gold, he banned me ! what a shame , he was a lvl 500 .
    M
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard back from them... they basically said, “tough luck. That’s what you get for being so trustworthy. Your 850,000 gold is gone. They will not be punished.” I’m paraphrasing.

I followed up with a video documenting the transaction, but I’ve yet to hear back.

Time to fix my inventory/bank/home, stock up on crafting materials and cancel my subscription.

Blaming the victim is not cool.
  • InaMoonlight
    InaMoonlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :(
    Edit = Typos ... as usual. <;D
  • SDKTJ
    SDKTJ
    ✭✭✭
    @Canned_Apples It may take up to 2 weeks of no-contact to get your gold restored, at least that's what I've been told by support and other people who've gone through this process.
  • paulychan
    paulychan
    ✭✭✭✭
    So the guy said give me the coin first, and you did? I have a solution.
    Don't do that
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    paulychan wrote: »
    So the guy said give me the coin first, and you did? I have a solution.
    Don't do that

Someone has to give something first and someone can potentially be ripped off either way. Your solution doesn't work. What if the OP was selling crowns and gave the gift first then didn't receive the gold? Would your advice be the exact opposite of what you've just told them?

If your solution is to just never give anything first, then nobody can trade crown gifts for gold ever.

What would work is implementing a safe trade system that creates a situation where both sides trade simultaneously.
  • SDKTJ
    SDKTJ
    ✭✭✭
    @redspecter23 100% this, I don't get why there is no system like a CoD one when ZoS knows that crown trading is a common thing. It would make so much more sense to implement a system that would completely stop scamming, instead they haven't done that and are causing themselves so much more hassle through tickets and the likes.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SDKTJ wrote: »
    @redspecter23 100% this, I don't get why there is no system like a CoD one when ZoS knows that crown trading is a common thing. It would make so much more sense to implement a system that would completely stop scamming, instead they haven't done that and are causing themselves so much more hassle through tickets and the likes.

Everytime I hear about their customer service being backed up, I think of situations like this and wonder why they want to go out of their way to create more work for themselves, then use it as an excuse for slow response time on customer service requests later. I see a problem with a solution. Implement a safe trade system and remove a large amount of CS requests once it's implemented. It may not be a high priority fix, but it would be a solid quality of life change to put in at some point.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just FYI, it is very risky trading anything, but even more so trading gold or crowns, with complete strangers that one has never met and likely never will meet. Personally, I would suggest never trade crowns or large sums of gold with anyone in-game unless you have been running with them for a while and even then I would be cautious.

Edit: and good luck.
    Edited by idk on September 3, 2020 11:35PM
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Even if you buy them directly from Zos you still get scammed. As long as people keep buying crates then Zos thinks its ok to scam people and then the players end up doing the same and the cycle continues.

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanctum74 wrote: »
    Even if you buy them directly from Zos you still get scammed. As long as people keep buying crates then Zos thinks its ok to scam people and then the players end up doing the same and the cycle continues.

@Sanctum74 He did not say it in the OP, but in a later post. OP was trying to buy the new DLC so this has nothing to do with crates.
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

@Sanctum74 He did not say it in the OP, but in a later post. OP was trying to buy the new DLC so this has nothing to do with crates.

Oops my bad, I apologize for the assumption, but my comment is still relevant in regards to crown crates.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

Oops my bad, I apologize for the assumption, but my comment is still relevant in regards to crown crates.

LOL. I agree about the crates. I will buy items directly from the crown store if I am so moved but I will not roll the dice.
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been very lucky that I've had two big exchanges without trouble (for merchant and banker). As the one giving coin, I always offer to go first because crowns come from real money. I take sceenshots and let them know that I will as a deterrent. High levels have more to lose if their account gets banned.

This assumes that ZOS will investigate and eventually return my goal via customer courtesy.

We know they have basically accepted the exchange of gold for crowns, which is surprising to me tbh. But where do they stand on scamming?
  • SDKTJ
    SDKTJ
    ✭✭✭
    Pandorii wrote: »
    I've been very lucky that I've had two big exchanges without trouble (for merchant and banker). As the one giving coin, I always offer to go first because crowns come from real money. I take sceenshots and let them know that I will as a deterrent. High levels have more to lose if their account gets banned.

This assumes that ZOS will investigate and eventually return my goal via customer courtesy.

We know they have basically accepted the exchange of gold for crowns, which is surprising to me tbh. But where do they stand on scamming?

Apparently your first scam should be refunded, but after that you're on your own which is why there's guilds for brokers. I got scammed for the first time 2 weeks ago, submitted everything that would be needed to deal with it and I'm still waiting for it for be resolved.
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why can you get banned for "stream sniping" but not cheating people out of a 1 million gold?

I haven't heard back yet, anyone get their gold back? guess I can submit another ticket.
  • SDKTJ
    SDKTJ
    ✭✭✭
    @Canned_Apples Nope, still radio silence from support for me. I'm going to give it another week and try resolve it here on the forums, if it still doesn't get solved them I'll make another ticket and/or tweet at support.
  • Mappy2kx
    Mappy2kx
    ✭✭✭
    Noopppp !!!! Still waiting !!!!!
    M