The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Allow out of date addons does not work as it should

• Stirvik
    Stirvik
    ✭✭
    Thank you
    To whoever first came up with the solution of adding the addonsettings.txt file to the Anti-Virus exceptions.
    Works to treat.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those unable to get “accept out-of-date add-ons” to stay checked and/or screenshots fail to save, definitely check your anti-virus software even if you’ve had no trouble with it before! I use Avast and added the ESO program folder to its exception list and now both are working as they should! :) I set ESO to accept out-of-date add-ons from the character select menu and now the setting is remembered when I switch characters AND my screenshots are once again actually being saved!
  • c4t4ly5t
    c4t4ly5t
    Soul Shriven
    Adding my Elder Scrolls Online folder in My Documents to my AV exceptions worked for me. Clearly something was changed in how ESO handles files saved in that folder, and AV finds it just a little sus.
  • sashabeear1000
    I added the folder to my exceptions and it made no difference at all. I still can't get the "accept out of date add-ons" box to stay checked. I've updated the add ons that I can. If I change them at the character screen they only stay on briefly after the character loads, then the game reloads on its own and gets rid of them.
  • helena21
    helena21
    Sasha, same for me, but what worked in the end (on top of what you 've done already - adding your folder to exceptions etc) first time you logon try to completely disable your AV shields, log on to characters change to "allow outdated add-ons" and log on. You'll notice your AddOnSettings.txt finally updated itself as well (as expected). But after that, when you quit the game put your shields back up and relog, it will finally remember the settings for the times to follow. At least it did finally work for me :) Good luck.
  • Flaaklypa
    Flaaklypa
    ✭✭✭✭
    helena21 wrote: »
    Sasha, same for me, but what worked in the end (on top of what you 've done already - adding your folder to exceptions etc) first time you logon try to completely disable your AV shields, log on to characters change to "allow outdated add-ons" and log on. You'll notice your AddOnSettings.txt finally updated itself as well (as expected). But after that, when you quit the game put your shields back up and relog, it will finally remember the settings for the times to follow. At least it did finally work for me :) Good luck.
    Thanks for this, i also whitelisted minion.exe

It works at least for me now
  • ElfFromSpace
    ElfFromSpace
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am STILL having this issue. I went so far as to delete every single addon and every single saved variable on my computer, install them from scratch. Still have to go to the character select to get the addons to load and if I reload at any point they are disabled again. Getting really, really old.
    Former GM Elder Scrolls Exchange
  • drArsMoriendi
    drArsMoriendi
    Soul Shriven
    helena21 wrote: »

I've been struggling with this all day. This is what worked for me. I was using avast, going into options-troubleshooting and just temporarily ticking passive mode. With my AV in passive mode, I could change the option in-game to allow out-of-date addons and it stuck even after reload and reactivation of the AV.
  • Sir Tanks a lot
    Sir Tanks a lot
    ✭✭✭
    Similarly, Windows 10's Anti-Ransomware option to restrict access to folders can cause this same issue. You either have to create exceptions for ESO or disable the feature.