The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

House Icons missing from map (and map tab)

• Taco_Tuesday
    Taco_Tuesday
    ✭✭
    This Worked for me...

I had the same issue yesterday, the Icon was gone but people were able to travel to my primary (Missing) residence and I was able to still walk into the house using the front door, but no Icon.

Using the Collections Menu then selecting "Houses" then select the house type in my case I selected "Noble" then I selected the new vampire house (I was able to travel) and the icon is now back.
  • Ashnarug
    Ashnarug
    ✭✭✭
    Using the Collections Menu then selecting "Houses" then select the house type in my case I selected "Noble" then I selected the new vampire house (I was able to travel) and the icon is now back.

Wow ! You are correct. The houses appears on the COLLECTION list. And I can use it to travel to it.

Became convenient when I was in Daggerfall and realized I still had the Highmourn Dizi in my backpack.
    During the afternoon of Loredas, 6 Sun’s Dawn 2e578 a big piece of Aetherius fell to Nirn. It was the first major piece of Aetherius to fall on Nirn in more than five hundred years. It scattered around the world as millions of shards. It was rapidly documented by Lady Cinnabar of Taneth in her pamphlet Aetherial Fragments that "... when three shards meet, they re-form into a silvery prism by unknown process and confer the power unlocked by the merger to a nearby being." The Order of the Black Worm, commonly known as the Worm Cult, reappeared in Tamriel shortly thereafter and some of its members are avidly searching said shards.
    In the last week of First Seed 2e579, an arcane explosion occurred in the Imperial City — a night of storms, and trembling terrain. They named it the "Soulburst". That day Emperor Varen Aquilarios disappeared without a trace. His wife, Clivia Tharn, ascended to the Ruby Throne as Empress Regent under the guidance of the Necromancer Mannimarco. Ushering a time of increased instability within the Empire of Cyrodiil which finally grew into “The Three Banners War”.
  • Rylanda
    Rylanda
    ✭✭
    I also am having this issue with the Bastion Sanguinaris home. It's not showing on the map or on the side list as "Owned" home. I can use a wayshrine and walk to the gate and enter that way but what a pain that is. My friends who do NOT own the house can see it on the map so it seems only those that have purchased these houses can't see them OR fast travel to them via the map (or see they actually own them).

I have disabled all addons (what a pain to uncheck all them), rebooted pc and tried again with no luck.s77m1i7occaq.png
  • Ashnarug
    Ashnarug
    ✭✭✭
    "Captain's Margaux's Place" in Daggerfall just disappeared from my map ... is this a bug that needs to be fixed or is it a virus ! :/

okay, I traveled to it using the COLLECTION menu and it reappeared on my map!
    Edited by Ashnarug on September 2, 2020 6:41PM
    During the afternoon of Loredas, 6 Sun’s Dawn 2e578 a big piece of Aetherius fell to Nirn. It was the first major piece of Aetherius to fall on Nirn in more than five hundred years. It scattered around the world as millions of shards. It was rapidly documented by Lady Cinnabar of Taneth in her pamphlet Aetherial Fragments that "... when three shards meet, they re-form into a silvery prism by unknown process and confer the power unlocked by the merger to a nearby being." The Order of the Black Worm, commonly known as the Worm Cult, reappeared in Tamriel shortly thereafter and some of its members are avidly searching said shards.
    In the last week of First Seed 2e579, an arcane explosion occurred in the Imperial City — a night of storms, and trembling terrain. They named it the "Soulburst". That day Emperor Varen Aquilarios disappeared without a trace. His wife, Clivia Tharn, ascended to the Ruby Throne as Empress Regent under the guidance of the Necromancer Mannimarco. Ushering a time of increased instability within the Empire of Cyrodiil which finally grew into “The Three Banners War”.
  • mbeetley_ESO
    mbeetley_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    My wife & I discovered a bizarre workaround. It's worked twice on PC and Xbox. No idea why it works, of course. We both own Proudspire, and here's what happened:

* We were both in Proudspire and she invited me to group;
    * When I accepted, I got the message "this player is in another version of Proudspire. Do you want to travel to them?" I said Yes, and off I went.
    * When I left her version of Proudspire, my Proudspire was suddenly on the map.

We ungrouped and reversed it - I invited her to group - and it worked for her as well. This was all on PC. Then we did the same both directions on Xbox and again, the same. Much as I'm afraid to type this, so far (2 days on PC, one on Xbox) the icon has stuck around.

Very weird IMHO, but if the update is going to be a few weeks out I'd say it's worth a try. I'll be curious to know if it works for anyone else.
  • Taco_Tuesday
    Taco_Tuesday
    ✭✭
    easy fix

This Worked for me... (I hope it works for everyone)

I had the same issue yesterday, the Icon was gone but people were able to travel to my primary (Missing) residence and I was able to still walk into the house using the front door, but no Icon.

• SirCyanideRose
    If you have the "Essential Housing Hub" addon, you can fast travel to your house from that. I see Snowmelt on my list of "My Homes".
  • ThorLuthor
    ThorLuthor
    ✭✭
    This is how I was able to fix it on PS4. I used the Collections tab to select and travel to Proudspire Manor. Once inside Proudspire Manor, I repeated the process of traveling to Proudspire Manor again through the Collections tab. Re-traveling through the Collections tab from inside Proudspire Manor returned the icon to my map. This also worked with Snowmelt Suite and Bastion Sanguinaris. I hope it helps you too.
    Edited by ThorLuthor on September 7, 2020 11:41AM
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So are we actually going to get a hotfix for this ridiculous glitch or do we have to wait for update 28?
  • Threemoons
    Threemoons
    ✭✭✭
    BUMP. Same issue, tried fixes. Put in ticket. Thanks! Please keep us all posted.
    Playing on PC/NA---UserID=Threemoons--usually on nights, weekends
  • goddess2015
    goddess2015
    ✭✭✭
    I realize this is an older thread, however...after all this time, I still cannot see my Proudspire Manor on any map. I can't see it listed in my collected homes. I can't see it in the houses available list. It's as if it does not exist. The only way I can go to my Proudspire Manor is to land at the Solitude Wayshrine and "walk" to my front door. No way at all to port there because it does not show in any list or on any map. Is this still an issue for others? My addons have been turned off and back on. Visiting doesn't help. Any update or ETA on a fix would be much appreciated. I actually have to pay to go to SolitudeWayshrine to walk home if I am not near a wayshrine. (again, I know this is an older thread...but I read it when it was new, and thought since devs were aware, it would be fixed by now. Just wondering if I'm the only one still having this problem). Thanks! I am on the live North American server.
    Edited by goddess2015 on September 20, 2020 9:16PM
    ~Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.~
  • Threemoons
    Threemoons
    ✭✭✭
    I realize this is an older thread, however...after all this time, I still cannot see my Proudspire Manor on any map. I can't see it listed in my collected homes. I can't see it in the houses available list. It's as if it does not exist. The only way I can go to my Proudspire Manor is to land at the Solitude Wayshrine and "walk" to my front door. No way at all to port there because it does not show in any list or on any map. Is this still an issue for others? My addons have been turned off and back on. Visiting doesn't help. Any update or ETA on a fix would be much appreciated. I actually have to pay to go to SolitudeWayshrine to walk home if I am not near a wayshrine. (again, I know this is an older thread...but I read it when it was new, and thought since devs were aware, it would be fixed by now. Just wondering if I'm the only one still having this problem). Thanks! I am on the live North American server.

Yep, per above, my suite isn't showing up, suggested fixes did nothing alas...
  • merevie
    merevie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump -missing Snow room still in Skyrim.
  • Aurrynthea_Drake
    Aurrynthea_Drake
    ✭✭✭
    Patch has not addressed missing houses - guess they forgot about that
    Magic does not die. It merely sleeps until called forth into the world again.
    PC EU (PvE)(ex PvP)
  • vadergirl75
    vadergirl75
    Soul Shriven
    Both housing icons in Solitude do not show up on map and i own both of them. Can not fast travel to either of those houses.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have to wonder if this is tied to the clumsy way that Skyrim's map functions as far as separating Solitude from the rest of the map. If you check your quest journal while you are inside the city and you have a quest that is somewhere in Western Skyrim, it will not display as quests do in other parts of the world but only indicates that you must leave the city. You can't get a quest indicator until you've stepped outside the city. It's acting like a whole separate zone map.
  • Rylanda
    Rylanda
    ✭✭
    Still missing Bastion icon from map and from listing on map - are we ever going to get a fix for this or is it the hope this will just be forgotten and never addressed? Would be nice to fast travel to a house that cost a boatload of crowns on.
  • Aurrynthea_Drake
    Aurrynthea_Drake
    ✭✭✭
    Rylanda wrote: »
    Still missing Bastion icon from map and from listing on map - are we ever going to get a fix for this or is it the hope this will just be forgotten and never addressed? Would be nice to fast travel to a house that cost a boatload of crowns on.
    It's not ideal but if you open your collections tab all the houses are listed there - frequently use that work around if I want to travel to bastion. It's sucks but it works
    PC EU (PvE)(ex PvP)
  • Threemoons
    Threemoons
    ✭✭✭
    Rylanda wrote: »
    It's not ideal but if you open your collections tab all the houses are listed there - frequently use that work around if I want to travel to bastion. It's sucks but it works

Alas, still having issue with houses not showing up in the collections tab either.
  • Sithilid
    Sithilid
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks everyone, we're aware and investigating! In the meantime, if you travel to the house it should clear the issue.

How am I supposed to travel to it if it doesn't show up on the map or in the list?
  • Threemoons
    Threemoons
    ✭✭✭
    Sithilid wrote: »
    Thanks everyone, we're aware and investigating! In the meantime, if you travel to the house it should clear the issue.

How am I supposed to travel to it if it doesn't show up on the map or in the list?

This. Also, going into the house does NOT clear the issue. Just an FYI.
  • pokerplayr
    pokerplayr
    Soul Shriven
    So, over a month since this bug was first reported and there has yet to be a fix released...

...SMH
  • Aurrynthea_Drake
    Aurrynthea_Drake
    ✭✭✭
    Considering the bastion was a crown purchase, disapoining that fixing it is an afterthought. Shows that zos only interested in selling crown but not after sales issues. Stop paying shareholders & fix the game please!
    PC EU (PvE)(ex PvP)
  • Threemoons
    Threemoons
    ✭✭✭
    Hey, so are they ever going to fix this?
  • MiserynCompany
    MiserynCompany
    ✭✭✭
    This Worked for me...

This also worked for me. My Bastion house has disappeared from my collections, house tab, and map BUT friends could still travel to it or I could walk in manually (luckily entrance is pretty easy to find).
    I went into my home manually. I opened my collection tab. The house DID actually show up now. I renamed it the disappearing house (you don't have to, I just wanted to make a concrete change in case lol) then while still standing in my house I traveled to it from the collections menu where it now appeared. After doing that, my house was back on my homes tab and my map and has been so ever since.
    While it does not excuse zos for not fixing something that should be a priority considering the amount of actual cash we put into these houses... it does allevia
  • Thrudra_Magia
    Thrudra_Magia
    ✭✭✭
    How do I travel to a house that doesn't show up on my map or listing? Is there some other unknown method of traveling to a house?

@ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Thrudra_Magia
    Thrudra_Magia
    ✭✭✭
    How do I travel to a house that doesn't show up on my map or listing? Is there some other unknown method of traveling to a house?

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Found it by going thru the collections UI, but it didn't fix the problem.
  • Leslax
    Leslax
    ✭✭
    Aye, till having the same problem since back in August with Snowmelt and Proudspire. I can got collections and scroll until I see it, but it's an annoying bug and makes me keep forgetting I have a house in Solitude instead of spending the gold to use the wayshrine more often than not XD

No fixes in the thread have let the house pop back up on the map, addons enabled or not, same with Bastion. The Alpine Gallery and Stillwaters show on the map just normal, but the other 3 still aren't working.
  • RawBrightSilver
    Proudspire is still missing. When will this be fixed?
  • Strut6569
    Strut6569
    ✭✭
    Me too.

Going to the room does not fix it.

It shows up on my collections list but not on the map list at wayshrine.

The woman that "gave" me the Snowmelt Suite just tried to give me the Mara's Kiss Suite, which I already own. Not sure I trust her.