The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Cloak needs to loose invisibility

Fawn4287
Fawn4287
✭✭✭✭✭
To actually go invisible is such a broken skill and the ability to just leave a fight or sit out and regen stats for whoever long whenever you please is so unfair. Also to simply cloak until the dots end when you are hit with an ability like dawnbreaker is like cleansing without even running a cleanse. I think base cloak and Shadowy disguise should give you a buff that makes you not be able to be targeted by single target abilities for 4 seconds and is broken like cloak when you take AOE damage. Shade is already such a strong “get out of dodge” skill already. Invis cloak is the hardest carry around, and at the very least needs to have the same fatigue as roll dodge and streak added.
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What if I said “no” ... ?
  • CrazYDunm3r
    CrazYDunm3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a very intense NB hater, I absolutely think they should not get their cloak removed. Yeah, let's nerf every skill that makes a class special, good idea buddy. Questions like these deserve answers like this, not even worth the argument.
    YouTube
    Triggered Tryhards
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No.
    ~sorc main
  • visionality
    visionality
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.

Cloak is THE defining ability for NBs. I would wish for a better un-cloaking skill though. Isnt it strange that the only class that has a reliable skill to prevent NBs from cloaking for a relevant amount of time are NBs themselves?
  • deleted210809-001958
    pour this gentleman a mug of detection potion
  • pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fawn4287 wrote: »
    To actually go invisible is such a broken skill and the ability to just leave a fight or sit out and regen stats for whoever long whenever you please is so unfair. Also to simply cloak until the dots end when you are hit with an ability like dawnbreaker is like cleansing without even running a cleanse. I think base cloak and Shadowy disguise should give you a buff that makes you not be able to be targeted by single target abilities for 4 seconds and is broken like cloak when you take AOE damage. Shade is already such a strong “get out of dodge” skill already. Invis cloak is the hardest carry around, and at the very least needs to have the same fatigue as roll dodge and streak added.

What build is your main? Because literally every class/build has something that someone thinks is overpowered. Please share and let us tell you what you should lose. Literally my NB would be worthless without this ability, and when someone slots abilities or pots/poisons to counter me I die the majority of the time. Research how to counter.

PSA:
    Lose is a verb that means “to fail to win, to misplace, or to free oneself from something or someone.” Loose is an adjective that means “not tight.”
    Edited by pauld1_ESO on August 24, 2020 12:34PM
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No, Haunting Curse whack-a-mole is one of my favorite pastimes in open world. Cloak is a rock/paper/scissors thing.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Yusuf
    Yusuf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice try.
    Cloakblades are amongst the easier targets to kill in pvp
  • SshadowSscale
    SshadowSscale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mage light from mages guild and evil hunter from fighters any aoe and detect potion anti cloak armor sets and revealing flare any pets because they always break cloak and cloak even breaks by itself a lot of times and if you are still strugling slot a gap close and keep spamming it on the mb trying to cloak..... It really is not that hard to find a counter to cloak since it seems to counter itself sometimes.... So no can we please stop destroying nightblades they have already lost so much of what they had.... No more..... And if you really want to nerd nightblades go play a magblade for a bit and then we can talk after you mastered magblade....
  • Pauwer
    Pauwer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The cloack is too easy to counter, make it tighter pls.
  • OldManJim
    OldManJim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about those that use invisibility for stealth builds in PvE / theiving etc?

It's not all about PvP you know...
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Xologamer
    Xologamer
    ✭✭✭✭

u basicly say execute nb forever
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [Quoted post was removed]

I’m not dying to nightblades, the issue is that even terrible nightblade players will have several dots on them, be heavily in execute then cloak half a dozen times, pop a tri pot, rinse and repeat every time you ulti and get them low, turning fights that should be over in 30 seconds in a 10 minute long ordeal purely because of 1 skill. The same goes for sorc and streak, but at least that doesn’t work as a quasi cleanse like cloak. Then if a nightblade just decides “the rest of my groups be clapped, time to dip” they can just leave and drop camps, meaning groups can just instantly keep coming back.
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on August 25, 2020 1:47PM
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m not dying to nightblades, the issue is that even terrible nightblade players will have several dots on them, be heavily in execute then cloak half a dozen times, pop a tri pot, rinse and repeat every time you ulti and get them low, turning fights that should be over in 30 seconds in a 10 minute long ordeal purely because of 1 skill.

oh, so you find 1 thing that you can't kill with hunters venom and you want to remove it? Gotcha
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on August 25, 2020 1:47PM
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its a bit obnoxious with todays lag and movement speed making the counters unreliable at best; but there are counters and asking for removal is ridiculous.
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ... the issue is that even terrible nightblade players will have several dots on them, be heavily in execute then cloak half a dozen times, pop a tri pot, rinse and repeat every time you ulti and get them low, ...

Nb => cloaks away
    Sorc => streak away
    stam classes => run behind / run away
    other mag classes => mist away

I'd assume of all those "lower the heat" tactics, cloak is even the easiest to counter. Sounds like L2P issue imo.
  • Hämähäkki
    Hämähäkki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m not dying to nightblades, the issue is that even terrible nightblade players will have several dots on them, be heavily in execute then cloak half a dozen times, pop a tri pot, rinse and repeat every time you ulti and get them low, turning fights that should be over in 30 seconds in a 10 minute long ordeal purely because of 1 skill. The same goes for sorc and streak, but at least that doesn’t work as a quasi cleanse like cloak. Then if a nightblade just decides “the rest of my groups be clapped, time to dip” they can just leave and drop camps, meaning groups can just instantly keep coming back.

May I ask what you're playing? Cause if you need 10min to fight a NB that cloaks away you either need to improve your skills or just leave it be and do something else. No offense.
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on August 25, 2020 1:48PM
    TherealHämähäkki
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I, and many that have been around for awhile, will agree.

The issue is not cloak's invisibility. The issue is players not wanting to figure out how to use the numerous hard and soft counters to cloak and then use them. When I am not running with my small group I am solo hunting gankers around keeps under attack and those that try to sneak up on players on the siege. Essentially anyone who uses sneak or cloak to move around. I can attest that the counters work well when used properly.

Deciding to not slotting a counter, that is a choice and the cloak should not be changed because some people elect to not use the counters that Zos gave us to negate cloak.,
  • Freakin_Hytte
    Freakin_Hytte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because slotting a couple of detect potions are sooo hard to do?
    Edited by Freakin_Hytte on August 24, 2020 7:19PM
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While shade is the true defining NB skill losing invis off cloak would raise the blood pressure of to many players.
    Edited by Fur_like_snow on August 24, 2020 7:33PM
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We know you're new to MMO's, but stealth classes have been around since the dawn of time.
  • Khatou
    Khatou
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, for you, an assassin should play without his main character trait? you should be a comedian, it's like asking the tank to remove their shield...
    Edited by Khatou on August 24, 2020 11:36PM
  • SshadowSscale
    SshadowSscale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khatou wrote: »
    So, for you, an assassin should play without his main character trait? you should be a comedian, it's like asking the tank to remove their shield...

While we are at it lets remove magick drim sorcerors because it turns a 10 second fight into a 20 minute streak fest and also on that note lets not allow necromancers to summon an undead army while we are at it..... Oh wait.... Last one already happenrd oops
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree, get rid of it. Class is meh anyways.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

idk wrote: »

The issue is not cloak's invisibility. The issue is players not wanting to figure out how to use the numerous hard and soft counters to cloak and then use them. When I am not running with my small group I am solo hunting gankers around keeps under attack and those that try to sneak up on players on the siege. Essentially anyone who uses sneak or cloak to move around. I can attest that the counters work well when used properly.

Deciding to not slotting a counter, that is a choice and the cloak should not be changed because some people elect to not use the counters that Zos gave us to negate cloak.,

They where counters for DK wings as well but people didn't want to slot a counter for it (another skill) so they came to the forums to complain about it until it was changed.

Just saying, complaining about a skill has worked before and ZOS changed it. Honestly I wonder what will happen with cloak if ZOS does away will all AOE's?

Be safe and have fun :)
  • killingspreeb16_ESO
    killingspreeb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »
    idk wrote: »

They where counters for DK wings as well but people didn't want to slot a counter for it (another skill) so they came to the forums to complain about it until it was changed.

Just saying, complaining about a skill has worked before and ZOS changed it. Honestly I wonder what will happen with cloak if ZOS does away will all AOE's?

Be safe and have fun :)

No,old wing didn't have any counter for build based on projectile.
    Im sorry to say asking to let's say a mageblade to slot force pulse instead of swallow soul just to be able to hit the dk with one ability is really stupid while also forgetting that the said class is based on class skill that need LA.
    And you can't really say wings had counter when the "solution" is slot a different skill and just spam it when you face a dk and die regardless because nothing change if only 1 skill out of 12 can do something against DK with wings up.

Cloak unlike wings have not only more counter but the effect of the skill is totally removed from the NB if countered,most of the class have a form of aoe or skill that work vs cloak(something that can't be said about dk wings)

Also wings unlike cloak was up all the time when the DK was going full offense knowing you would not able to do anything.
    Dealing any dmg to the DK was not removing wings effect either.
    There is no potion or magelight version that suppress the refelct of wings.

Im tired to see people use DK wings as an example vs cloak when the situation of the two skill is totally different.

Though i disagree with the zos change to wings especially when the forum was giving much better ideas to change the skill in a healty way.

Edited by killingspreeb16_ESO on August 25, 2020 12:36PM
  • montjie
    montjie
    ✭✭✭
    Invisibility the way Zos implements it in this game is dumb and has no real place in any pvp environment thats looking for balance. Cloak, an instant spammable that makes you invisible, is even more stupid. Such a powerful ability without a single downside to it other than it costs resources. Theres not even a fatigue system linked to it.
    Even if you use detect pots (which usually means gimping yourself temporarily because you probably have another main potion you run -- stam builds not even having a stamversion of the potion) if the game is laggy (what it almost always is) theres a high chance youre just gonna sit there and watch that nightblade in the eternal poopposition teleporting his way to safety until the pot runs out at which point hes just gone. Now youre sitting there gimped, on a potion cooldown and a nightblade lurking around to jump you the second your health is low.

Combat where you render your opponents offensive capabilities useless by outplaying him/her - good, engaging, competitive
    Combat where you render your opponents offensive capabilities useless by simply removing yourself from the battlefield in an instance by a single press of a button and no single punishment - terrible combat design and lazy

How people *** nd moan about streak while punching their own eyes shut when it comes to cloak is quite interesting.
    - easy farmable saltbucket -
    - retired QQ king of Daggerfall Covenant PC-EU Azura's Star/Sotha Sil/weird dragon name/Ravenwatch zone chat -
  • Khatou
    Khatou
    ✭✭✭✭
    if you don't know how to play in front of an assassin, stop playing PVP ;)
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stealth classes have always been full of cheese.
    It’s the perfect crutch.
This discussion has been closed.