The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.1 maintenance and is currently unavailable.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657287/pts-incremental-patch-maintenance-extended-april-22-2024

No guidance on how to use PTS

malistorr
malistorr
✭✭✭✭
I have everything installed and created a character that's CP 810. This is my 1st time ever attempting to use the PTS. I don't know where to go for instructions on how to do anything. For example, I heard you can get easy access to any gear in the game. Where do I find the gear? All I have is some generic platinum jewelry and leather or silk armor. How do I quickly level up my mount so it's not horribly slow? Do I just go to the horse trainer and they're able to take me to level 60 in all 3 categories? Is there any place someone who's brand new to PTS can go for an actual explanation on how everything works? I feel like I'm brand new to the game again. I really just want to get a set of Undaunted Infiltrator and Undaunted Unweaver gear to see how it's changed to be honest.
  • VoidCommander
    VoidCommander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To get access to all the gear, you have to make a new character, and in the top left, select the max level option.
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did that. So I'm CP 810. How do I access the gear? I have nothing in my inventory except what is described above.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like you created a generic new character, @malistorr, and not a max level template.

I've attached a screenshot of the dropdown that @VoidCommander, is referring to in the PTS character creation screen.

5yHCD5T.png

• MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    malistorr wrote: »
    I did that. So I'm CP 810. How do I access the gear? I have nothing in my inventory except what is described above.

There are containers you can open in your... consumables tab I think? (Edit: Supplies as confirmed in the comment below)

Takes awhile to learn how to navigate everything and at first it will be pretty time consuming, but it gets easier and they've improved it a little..

If you created a cp 810 lv 50 character template with the top left option on the character select screen (see previous comments picture) all these containers will be available to you automatically in your inventory and all your class, race, guild and weapon passives should be purchased for you. Everything will be level 50 and you will not have to train a single skill..

If you're doing a dps test, make sure to purchase the medicinal use passive for +30% duration to potions as crafting passives are not purchased for some reason.

Make sure to be aware of where your set is dropped from and you should find it in a container easily enough. For example, Undaunted Infiltrator is a Dungeon Set container. Ability Altering Weapons is where you will find stuff like Vet Maelstrom Bow or Destruction Staff.

When you choose a set out of the first container, it will appear in your inventory as another container. In the specific set container you can pull out the Weapons container and Jewelry container or you can pick from each piece of the 7 armor pieces right there.

Everything in the crown store is 1 crown to purchase and you have 5500 to spend. To get more inventory slots quickly, go to the utility or upgrades tab of the crown store and purchase the 8 upgrades for inventory available. Mount speed books can be purchased at 10x in the store but it's also in some container in your inventory, can't remember which 1..

Buy a house for 1 crown and then you can buy work stations/mundus stones to place in your home for 1 crown each too. Transmute stones are infinite when you find it in your inventory to replenish from so get a station down in your home and you can test anything you want out.

Enchantments are finite and you will have to create them once you use the limited supply available. So it helps to know which runes are what or have google open to figure that out. For example, there is only 3 jewelry gold damage glyphs available and sets start with regen annoyingly enough.. so you end up making quite a lot of glyphs.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on August 22, 2020 9:54PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks that's what I was looking for. I'm a controller player and had to go to the inventory menu and then supplies. Now I see gold and purple containers and when I have a minute I'll open them and hopefully they'll have the gear I wanted to check out.
    Thanks for your answers. This isn't super intuitive just like starting the real game.