The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

How I make over 750k passive income a month

Aideian
Aideian
✭✭✭
I thought I’d share how I make 750k passively over a months time. unfortunately not everyone can do this because I’m not sure how many guilds do this, I make the passive incomes from 2 guilds I’m in, one has an auction where you can give them mats where they’ll sell them for you in lots where people buy them for millions of gold and you get a portion out of it depending how much you give them. For instance I give them 1k rubedite ore unrefined and I make 83 to 120k from the auction depending on what the lot was sold for.

Of course that’s not entirely passive because you have to farm the mats but farming 1k ruby within a week basically takes no time and I don’t have to sell it or do anything just wait patiently for my gold. My next way is by recruiting for a guild they pay me 3k per person who pays dues I invite so if I invite 10 people and they pay dues I get 30k plus they’re awesome and give a 25k bonus for over 10 people so I make 55k. All of this doesn’t equal 750k but that’s because I recruit more than 10 people and give more than 1k rubedite so I make more I was using those for examples.

Although not many guilds have auctions a lot of them do pay recruiters for recruiting and again it’s not entirely passive but you’re basically just copy and pasting into chat, it can’t be much easier than that.

“Edit” Never said this Is the best way to earn gold I don’t know why I have to add this but I guess people can’t read that I said “I” in the tittle also if you disagree that this isn’t passive then that’s completely fine but I disagree when majority of the time spent is waiting like you would as a landlord waiting for rent, all I wanted to do is give other options of making gold just trying to help the community.
Edited by Aideian on August 18, 2020 3:28AM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are gonna advertise for your guilds under the guise of helping players, it only makes sense to tell players your platform, server, and guild names...

(I can make around 1 million a week on PC/NA by farming Craglorn a lot and selling nirncrux. It's a time investment, but doable. The Real trick to making money in ESO is to find something you enjoy that makes money - be it farming, recruiting, fishing, looting, stealing, whatever - and do it consistently.)
    Edited by VaranisArano on August 18, 2020 1:51AM
  • VoidCommander
    VoidCommander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yall really don't know about crafting writs do ya? Thats about 300k in two hours a day if you have 18 characters maxed crafting skills.
  • Aideian
    Aideian
    ✭✭✭
    If you are gonna advertise for your guilds under the guise of helping players, it only makes sense to tell players your platform, server, and guild names...

(I can make around 1 million a week on PC/NA by farming Craglorn a lot and selling nirncrux. It's a time investment, but doable. The Real trick to making money in ESO is to find something you enjoy that makes money - be it farming, recruiting, fishing, looting, stealing, whatever - and do it consistently.)

Um I’m not trying to advertise my guilds that’s why I didn’t mention them and not everyone is on the same platform as me so that would be pointless I thought I’d just share a few ways for passive incomes. You don’t have to do It this way there’s other ways of course I was just saying what I do never said you have to do this lol.
  • Aideian
    Aideian
    ✭✭✭
    Yall really don't know about crafting writs do ya? Thats about 300k in two hours a day if you have 18 characters maxed crafting skills.

I do know that way, I don’t have eso plus which makes that very very difficult but if you do then go for it, I wasn’t trying to list every way to make gold I was just informing on how I do.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't sounds any more "passive" than other ways of making gold.

Hireling emails are passive income if, like me, you log your characters in and out while having most of your attention elsewhere. So, arguably, are whichever crafting writs you find super-easy to do. But other ways of making gold (and frankly crafting writs as well, given that I'm too burnt out these days to bother doing them) seem pretty active to me.
  • stevenyaub16_ESO
    stevenyaub16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's not passive income...
  • Aideian
    Aideian
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't sounds any more "passive" than other ways of making gold.

Hireling emails are passive income if, like me, you log your characters in and out while having most of your attention elsewhere. So, arguably, are whichever crafting writs you find super-easy to do. But other ways of making gold (and frankly crafting writs as well, given that I'm too burnt out these days to bother doing them) seem pretty active to me.

I was just giving out how I do.... I’m not saying this is the best way or the only way there’s tons of way it’s just how I do.
  • Aideian
    Aideian
    ✭✭✭
    That's not passive income...
    Passive income is income that requires little to no effort to earn and maintain, tell me how farming a little mats and copy/pasting is a lot of effort.
    Edited by Aideian on August 18, 2020 2:34AM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neither activity is passive by any means.

1. The actual active work is farming the matts. Posting them for sale is the easy part.
    2. Recruiting players requires actual activity. One has to interact with other players to find some that are interested in joining your guild. Even just passively looking at Zone chat for LF guild posts is still active. That is the worst kind of activity since it requires paying attention to Zone chat.

• Aideian
    Aideian
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

1. The actual active work is farming the matts. Posting them for sale is the easy part.
    2. Recruiting players requires actual activity. One has to interact with other players to find some that are interested in joining your guild. Even just passively looking at Zone chat for LF guild posts is still active. That is the worst kind of activity since it requires paying attention to Zone chat.

Farming 1k mats in a week is definitely not a lot of effort I would say it’s barley any, I recruit people and no it’s a lot easier you literally go around to every zone copy/paste and wait a little to see if people pm you I make sure to tell them to whisper me for invite doesn’t even take 20 minutes.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aideian wrote: »

Farming 1k mats in a week is definitely not a lot of effort I would say it’s barley any, I recruit people and no it’s a lot easier you literally go around to every zone copy/paste and wait a little to see if people pm you I make sure to tell them to whisper me for invite doesn’t even take 20 minutes.

This is very misleading. To farm enough matts and recruit enough players to earn 750k in a week does add up to a lot of effort. That is a simple fact most that have replied in this thread have pointed out. There is no two ways about it.

I will stick with doing crafting writs then turn to playing the game.
  • Aideian
    Aideian
    ✭✭✭

This is very misleading. To farm enough matts and recruit enough players to earn 750k in a week does add up to a lot of effort. That is a simple fact most that have replied in this thread have pointed out. There is no two ways about it.

I’m gonna have to disagree, spending a few hours a week for a month to earn 750k isn’t a lot of effort and pretty passive when you barley have to do anything but I guess that’s just my opinion I was just giving how I do I didn’t say you have to do it my way if you disagree that’s completely fine though.
    Edited by Aideian on August 18, 2020 2:48AM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m gonna have to disagree, spending a few hours a week for a month to earn 750k isn’t a lot of effort and pretty passive when you barley have to do anything but I guess that’s just my opinion I was just giving how I do I didn’t say you have to do it my way if you disagree that’s completely fine though.

Again, you contradict yourself. Spending a few hours a week being active to earn 750k is not passive. That is a fact that everyone in here other than you is in agreement with.

You may enjoy doing all that, but that does not change the fact it requires being active doing it.
  • Aideian
    Aideian
    ✭✭✭

Again, you contradict yourself. Spending a few hours a week being active to earn 750k is not passive. That is a fact that everyone in here other than you is in agreement with.

You may enjoy doing all that, but that does not change the fact it requires being active doing it.

Lol passive income still requires you to be active just not much and we can argue all day debating if it’s effortless or not but to me it barley is if it isn’t to you that’s fine we can agree to disagree.
  • Aideian
    Aideian
    ✭✭✭
    [Quoted post was removed]

How? One is paying me to recruit the other is paying me for giving them mats don’t see how I’m abusing anything.
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on August 18, 2020 1:28PM
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sounds to me like you're basically abusing your guild's generosity.

How? One is paying me to recruit the other is paying me for giving them mats don’t see how I’m abusing anything.

Because if they were paying market rates for the mats you would be selling at the trader instead. Someone in your guild is buying above market rates because they consider it a donation to the guild trader fund, and you're taking advantage of the fact that your guild gives an exceptionally generous cut for your "donation" to the auction.

[snip]

[Edited to remove Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on August 18, 2020 1:27PM
  • Aideian
    Aideian
    ✭✭✭

Because if they were paying market rates for the mats you would be selling at the trader instead. Someone in your guild is buying above market rates because they consider it a donation to the guild trader fund, and you're taking advantage of the fact that your guild gives an exceptionally generous cut for your "donation" to the auction.

[snip]

How am I taking advantage I still don’t understand? they want you to give them mats and I oblige and so does everyone else that gives to the auction so I guess everyone is taking advantage? Same with recruiting I’m not the only recruiter so... and there isn’t a pyramid scheme not sure where that came from. Dues are normally 7-20k they give me 3k
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on August 18, 2020 1:29PM
  • Aideian
    Aideian
    ✭✭✭

[snip]

How am I taking advantage I still don’t understand? they want you to give them mats and I oblige and so does everyone else that gives to the auction so I guess everyone is taking advantage?

There’s a lot of different people who buy lots it’s not one generous person and I’m not running a get rich scheme lmao there’s other guilds that do auctions that’s the same. Im not sure how the auction works but you are right about one thing I do get more than I should but that’s because people bid and end up over paying I’m assuming.
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on August 18, 2020 1:29PM
  • ZOS_ConnorG
    Greetings all,

After review we have had to edit or remove several posts for Baiting and non-Constructive back and forth. Please ensure any discussion remains civil, constructive, and within the rules, even if you disagree with other users.

You are welcome to review the Community Rules here.
    Staff Post
  • stevenyaub16_ESO
    stevenyaub16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still not the definition of passive income. What you do is active income, you get X amount of gold scaling with X time spent.

To make what you describe into to passive income you would get money from guild to promote, but use that money to get other people to do the work for you and keep a cut for yourself.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every time I see a post like: "Tip: How to make X K gold in only 1 hour" I am like.. Wonder if THIS TIME it will be possible to do without guild traders.... Nope... :|
  • Aideian
    Aideian
    ✭✭✭
    Every time I see a post like: "Tip: How to make X K gold in only 1 hour" I am like.. Wonder if THIS TIME it will be possible to do without guild traders.... Nope... :|

This doesn’t require a trader, It does require you to be in guilds though.
  • Aideian
    Aideian
    ✭✭✭
    Still not the definition of passive income. What you do is active income, you get X amount of gold scaling with X time spent.

To make what you describe into to passive income you would get money from guild to promote, but use that money to get other people to do the work for you and keep a cut for yourself.

I do agree with you at least with the recruiting, that would be considered active income basically but the auction Id say more passive I barley do anything and I wait until they send out the gold just like a landlord would wait on their rent I mean getting paid rent is considered passive but you still have to stuff and wait as well. I also appreciate you not coming at with me conspiracies and hating on me lol you’re the first so far.
    Edited by Aideian on August 19, 2020 12:50PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Um I’m not trying to advertise my guilds that’s why I didn’t mention them and not everyone is on the same platform as me so that would be pointless I thought I’d just share a few ways for passive incomes. You don’t have to do It this way there’s other ways of course I was just saying what I do never said you have to do this lol.

Thing is, both activities are extremely specific to your guilds.

My trading guilds don't run their auctions the same way. One of them gave tickets in the raffle worth 1/2 the value of the donated lot - I think I won some gold two or three times. The others took donations and all the gold went to the trader bid.

My guilds don't pay for recruitment. That was done for free, by officers donating their time, even before Guildfinder. Your guild sounds a little like a MLM, which is a rather, er, interesting way to go about it.

Honestly, your advice boils down to "Guys, you can make gold by finding guilds that will pay you to do stuff for them!"

Which, sure, its worked great for you, but its a very guild-specific piece of advice, not a general practice available to everyone. That's certainly not been the case in the guilds I've been in. In my guilds, there was one guaranteed way to make money: sell items in the guild store.
    Edited by VaranisArano on August 19, 2020 4:26PM
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Writs and surveys will get you anywhere between 3-500k a week alone.
    I mostly pvp and sell ap (spell power) pots,
    That's another 500k at least a week.
    Plenty of ways to make gold on this game.
  • Aideian
    Aideian
    ✭✭✭

Thing is, both activities are extremely specific to your guilds.

My trading guilds don't run their auctions the same way. One of them gave tickets in the raffle worth 1/2 the value of the donated lot - I think I won some gold two or three times. The others took donations and all the gold went to the trader bid.

My guilds don't pay for recruitment. That was done for free, by officers donating their time, even before Guildfinder. Your guild sounds a little like a MLM, which is a rather, er, interesting way to go about it.

Honestly, your advice boils down to "Guys, you can make gold by finding guilds that will pay you to do stuff for them!"

Which, sure, its worked great for you, but its a very guild-specific piece of advice, not a general practice available to everyone. That's certainly not been the case in the guilds I've been in. In my guilds, there was one guaranteed way to make money: sell items in the guild store.

You’re right that basically is my advice because I was explaining how I make it and how you can possibly do the same, if you find guilds that pay recruiters or has auctions that sells lots. I never said it was practical or the best way of earning gold just throwing out more possible options to earn and how I do.
  • Aideian
    Aideian
    ✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »

I don’t have eso plus which plays a big roll in doing writs.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I did writs before ESO+ offered any benefits to inventory. It merely comes down to a choice to do them or not.
  • Aideian
    Aideian
    ✭✭✭

I did writs before ESO+ offered any benefits to inventory. It merely comes down to a choice to do them or not.

You would have to keep all your mats in your bank and I have way to much gear and can’t store any in there and majority of my characters inventory’s are maxed as well.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You would have to keep all your mats in your bank and I have way to much gear and can’t store any in there and majority of my characters inventory’s are maxed as well.

And all that is a choice. Since there are no new mats required for crafting writs vs before Zos added the crafting bag there is no reason outside of personal choice to not do writs vs what we did back then. A great many of us handled it without issue.