Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Would you still play if they disabled cp for PvP? For balance, performance, and newcomers sake?

• fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd quit.
    katorga wrote: »
    For the life of me I don't see how CP can affect performance any more than other stats. They are static values. Your damage is increased by W. Damage reduced by X. Armor rating is Y. And so on. I can only image what sort of convoluted formula they came up with to make it impact performance in any material fashion.
    Yep. Spoken like a programmer. As one myself, I agree. However what may make a small difference are the 10 / 30 / 75 / 120 CP stars. Seeing as I've always found no CP Cyro performance marginally better at best, basically so close I couldn't really tell, I don't think CP pose a major performance issue. This thread is IMO barking up the wrong tree.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • West93
    West93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd quit.
    Cp is more balanced at this point.
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd still play
    Delete crutch points
  • Nemeliom
    Nemeliom
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd still play
    I only play pvp and wouldnt mind at all playing no cp if it fixed cyrodiil. I have +1000 cp.
    Baradur Morker - Level 50 Bosmer Nightblade
    Le-Duck - Level 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Boom-Stormer - Level 50 High Elf Sorcerer
    Nemeliom the Great - Level 50 Redguard Warden
    Crazy Little Maggie - Level 50 High Elf Templar
  • NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd still play
    Kadoin wrote: »
    NoCP does not offer better performance, in fact, many times I have gone and performance is sometimes worse than the main CP campaign.

There is a reason why they have not offered no-CP as a solution...

What they need is to take a look at simplified grouping and sets to solve the performance issue on the server checks side, reduce floating point (it may need to be even removed from the positioning system in some cases if they want to fix bugs and/or improve performance for certain area functions, otherwise they should take a cell-based approach, even though that means less accuracy for visuals the game ironically is inaccurate anyway because of extreme lag), etc.

What really needs to happen some won't like because it means things like speed jumping over a ballgroup's entire AoEs and cloaking won't be possible anymore if they "tweak" the physics or collision system as well, but it will be the price for performance...

I remember the removal of CP, I made a video at the time, as I was blown away by the performance. No joke, this was the result of removing CP from Azura’s star on PS4 EU
    https://youtu.be/D2k90y55Ru4

Note how I can break free instantly. Spells actually go off. Everyone on the map is that keep. Etc etc. 2 days later it returned to PowerPoint PvP after they re-implemented CP.
    PC EU - NoCP PvP, is real PvP
    Tiidehunter Nord StamDK EP PvP Main
    Legion Commander Tresdin Stamplar DC PvE Main
    Sephirith Altmer MagPlar EP Gondar the Bounty Hunter Khajiit StamBlade DC
    The Dirge Redguard StamNecro EP Disruptor Stormcrafter Nord StamSorc AD
    Lone Druid Bosmer Stam Warden EP Necro-Phos Argonian MagBlade AD
    @ McAttack in game
    Played since beta, and then on console at release, until the game became unplayable on console.
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd quit.
    NoCP does not offer better performance, in fact, many times I have gone and performance is sometimes worse than the main CP campaign.

What they need is to take a look at simplified grouping and sets to solve the performance issue on the server checks side, reduce floating point (it may need to be even removed from the positioning system in some cases if they want to fix bugs and/or improve performance for certain area functions, otherwise they should take a cell-based approach, even though that means less accuracy for visuals the game ironically is inaccurate anyway because of extreme lag), etc.

What really needs to happen some won't like because it means things like speed jumping over a ballgroup's entire AoEs and cloaking won't be possible anymore if they "tweak" the physics or collision system as well, but it will be the price for performance...

I remember the removal of CP, I made a video at the time, as I was blown away by the performance. No joke, this was the result of removing CP from Azura’s star on PS4 EU

Note how I can break free instantly. Spells actually go off. Everyone on the map is that keep. Etc etc. 2 days later it returned to PowerPoint PvP after they re-implemented CP.

That was so long ago, prior to one tamriel.
  • Luckylancer
    Luckylancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrong poll answers.
    -Yes
    -No
    -I already play non cp or I dont play PvP

I think cp servers can turn in to "buffed" servers. People will get regen and max stat buff. This way they can play their buffed version of pvp.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd still play
    I would not miss PvP at all, especially now that Battlegrounds has been broken into "no, you can't group with friends".

And the few times I have run into (in game) the player whose video you mention... well he's not someone I enjoy interacting with in-game.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd still play
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    I would not miss PvP at all, especially now that Battlegrounds has been broken into "no, you can't group with friends".

And the few times I have run into (in game) the player whose video you mention... well he's not someone I enjoy interacting with in-game.

Edit: Ooohhh I thought you meant PvP as a whole was dumped. Like I said, I wouldn't miss it.

Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • angelofdeath333
    angelofdeath333
    ✭✭✭
    I'd still play
    Firstmep wrote: »
    Vanagrand wrote: »
    In no-CP is far easy to make cheese builds. CP balance that.

What's not cheese these days?
    I'd say stamdens running around with 35k+ hp and 6k wpd 2 shotting ppl in cp isn't exactly the balanced gameplay I'm looking for.
    At least in no cp those builds die just like everyone else.

You would have hated the old days when people didn’t have as much cp and could do that still.

I’d quit playing pvp as it would mean they all the time and effort I put in the game for CP was rendered useless.

*Cough* Viper *cough* tremorscale *cough* old black rose and old heavy armor passives *cough*
    Edited by angelofdeath333 on August 19, 2020 11:20AM
  • ItsJustHashtag
    ItsJustHashtag
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd quit.
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »

That was so long ago, prior to one tamriel.

Also prior to the “performance changes” that made everything across the board worse.
  • Tranquilizer
    Tranquilizer
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd still play
    I'd still play, b/c this could be a chance to balance pvp and pve (somewhat) separately.

Just balance all skills around pvp, and alter them through cp to fit pve needs.

If it can't be done with cp, use battle spirit.
    Edited by Tranquilizer on August 19, 2020 1:57PM
  • Mortiis13
    Mortiis13
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd still play
    Would still play of course. But as I play both, cp and no cp, They should adjust cp into flat numbers just like they did with literally all racials except argonian.
    Edited by Mortiis13 on August 19, 2020 5:17PM
  • Sahidom
    Sahidom
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd still play
    I'd still play. Id have to adjust my builds. I couldn't accredit no-CP with better performance; however, we know that the CP system has been earmarked to change. From a developers perspective, when you temporarily removing CP from the campaigns and focus the CP revisions around PVE, in context on how CP influence on all aspects of the elements that shape the combat system. Without knowing how their deprived their data analysis on skill kits performance, the removal may provide a striking contrast when the data analysis is exclusive to the PVE aspects of game play. By association, it may offer potential insight on how to update the original core classes of the game i.e. using their word about power fantasy and pattern play; and how those concepts integrate with the new CP system. There is already forum advocates wanting to separate PVE and PVP, in which I disagree with; yet, the Devs are juggling too much and its relevant in the direction of their nerf bat over the years. With an optimistic view, maybe a temporary removal of CP will narrow the parameters on balance and skill kit performance, as their refine their own modeling on game performance moving into the next CP system, and how it interacts with sets and class and non-class skills. For those reasons, I would be willing to try no-CP PVP, more so than before, with the promise that my sacrifice will be returned later.

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd still play
    Not that id advocate for it; just theoretically
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Greasytengu
    Greasytengu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd quit.
    JobooAGS wrote: »
    Delete crutch points

Non CP players: "OMG Champion points are just a crutch!!11!"

Also Non CP players: "Hay guys, what OP proc sets you running?"
    " I nEeD HeAlInG!!! "
  • MerguezMan
    MerguezMan
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd still play
    I'm already only on no-CP PvP.
  • coletas
    coletas
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd still play
    i like both cp and no-cp but i wouldnt return to this unplayable Game. I prefer cp for variety anyway and most friend/enemies are there too. Anyway, i dont like the idea of putting patches to bad software architecture that Will never scale. It has nothing to be with calculations but grouping for concurrency tests what is really the problem here. Well, and lots of other things... in the performance post they say they are going to cache database queries... after 6 years... lol I wouldnt like to see that code lol
  • Vanagrand
    Vanagrand
    ✭✭✭
    I'd quit.
    No-CP are too fast combats. I don't like it. Plus cheese build are far easier to make in no-cp.

So, a big no-no from me.
  • HoolDog
    HoolDog
    ✭✭✭
    I'd quit.
    Play Xbox EU on and off from launch (1400 CP)

Balance - builds and sets would take over and carry rather than CP.

I have two friends that are very good pvp players and they both have extra accounts... they were duelling and destroying most 810s that were thought of as good players at 200 CP. they were comfortably able to play out numbered from 300 CP. CP helps but it isn’t the absolute... a skilled good player is a skilled good player.

Performance - they tried taking it out for a week to aid performance... I played through it And in my opinion it did nothing to change performance.

Newcomers - Newcomers will be bad regardless of CP. I would consider myself maybe average to just above average Paper. I have been a pvper from start I used to get X’ed off outstanding players with my 6 friends... did I cry nerf? No, I looked and though I would love to be able to do what that player can do.

So I practiced, tried new gear, tried new classes, grinder out vet ranks and CP... eventually I was able to do what I had been victim to. Not through the player being brought down, but trying to push myself up.
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd still play
    In light of Fengrush newest video. I pondered what PvP life would be like with no cp. I play non cp only after testing it out myself. The game genuinely does run smoother it could be because of population but my theory is because all of the CP passive procs are not there and the server has less calculations per player.

No-cp is infinitely more fun imo. More noobs first of all lol, second of all i find it to be more skill based in my experiences.
  • Crow_IX
    Crow_IX
    ✭✭✭
    I'd quit.
    proc sets rule no cp and zos seems to push that meta, making the skill gap much smaller than it already is.
    RIP skill based PvP days. . .
  • L_Nici
    L_Nici
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, I like CP PvP, mainly because no CP PvP is a joke compared and a big onehit slaughter. Seriously if I go to no CP I kill many players before they notice what has hit them. I play full burst on CP and on no CP full burst is way more powerful without all that defensive CP. Of course I can get hit like that as well, but years of full offensive CP PvP train you pretty well to avoid incoming damage through movement.
    Edited by L_Nici on August 26, 2020 1:48PM
    A very special girl

PC|EU
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Played a long time to grind to max CP and beyond for the purpose of using CP. Would not like to see the CP option removed.

There was already a non CP server test a long while ago and this did not help performance.

I would like to see both option remain as it does now. After they decide on how to change CP then make a change on PVP play options.

Xbox NA is a very heavy user of CP. Almost no one in NonCP. Makes no sense to remove the CP option on XBOX NA.

I do not understand the desire of people to take away an optional play style and force users to play with their desired play style.
    Edited by Defilted on September 8, 2020 1:32PM
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • Gorreck
    Gorreck
    ✭✭✭
    I'd still play
    Rahar wrote: »
    CP should only be a PvE thing.

Of course, no-CP PvP would need some addressing in key areas, but CP PvP shouldn't be the standard.

This.

It just makes sense to balance PvP as no-CP and PvE as CP (unless they wanted to do it the WAR Online way, and balance for PvP then PvE [i.e. build PvE enounter around PvP balance] which actually works quite well, but takes a huge culture shift).
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd still play
    It's pretty difficult for the devs to balance pvp for both non and cp pvp, so let's just have one.
    So many times on these forums when ppl complain about balance its hard to tell whether it's cp or non.
    For example the healing nerf in cp was Allright but in no cp it made a lot of specs borderline unplayable.
  • hakan
    hakan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd still play
    Already in no-cp, yeah i would play. I also realized how awful cp pvp lag is compared to no-cp one.
  • Vanagrand
    Vanagrand
    ✭✭✭
    I'd quit.
    erio wrote: »
    In light of Fengrush newest video. I pondered what PvP life would be like with no cp. I play non cp only after testing it out myself. The game genuinely does run smoother it could be because of population but my theory is because all of the CP passive procs are not there and the server has less calculations per player.

No-cp is infinitely more fun imo. More noobs first of all lol, second of all i find it to be more skill based in my experiences.

What you want say is the are butter and with your stam nb you are able to kill them before they can even respond.

That is not skill.

NOCP is great for burst builds, thats it. They overperform there.
  • TwinLamps
    TwinLamps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd still play
    PvP is the reason I play ESO after all these years.
    I wouldnt like CP to turn into procfest like it is in noCP but I think I would still play.
    On the other hand playing solo sDK would be rough af af
    Awake, but at what cost
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd still play
    Vanagrand wrote: »
    erio wrote: »

What you want say is the are butter and with your stam nb you are able to kill them before they can even respond.

That is not skill.

NOCP is great for burst builds, thats it. They overperform there.

What lol? I made like one post saying something about nb, i dont only play nb lmao, and my nb build is about as tanky as they come while actually being able to kill crap. like every comment i make you comment some comment about "nb this" "nb that" smh, chill. I also didnt say killing noobs = skill? Wut lmao?
    Edited by erio on September 4, 2020 11:17AM