The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Would you still play if they disabled cp for PvP? For balance, performance, and newcomers sake?

TheTruestKing
TheTruestKing
✭✭✭
In light of Fengrush newest video. I pondered what PvP life would be like with no cp. I play non cp only after testing it out myself. The game genuinely does run smoother it could be because of population but my theory is because all of the CP passive procs are not there and the server has less calculations per player.

Would you still play if they disabled cp for PvP? For balance, performance, and newcomers sake? 163 votes

I'd quit.
17%
GilvothDavadinRMerlinSFxxKANExxRastoricFreakin_HytteSRASinisterFischblutfred4PuzzlenutsHoolDogSpearpointGreasytengublkjagWest93Spartabunny08SilverPawsVanagrandNord_Raseripaganslyer 28 votes
I'd still play
82%
ne.ga.kurai_ESOMoloch1514ChardeeMacDSluggyMurderMostFoulxxslam48xxb14_ESOKayshaNirntrotterBeolundIruil_ESOAstridNeillMcAttackFettkeewlDaviiid_ESOc_parsons40b16_ESOcsaba.isoniceb17_ESODUTCH_REAPERPhilthyorcStiganttechnohic 135 votes
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd still play
    Though I like playing CP PvP, I would be able change my builds around for no-CP.
  • Rahar
    Rahar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd still play
    CP should only be a PvE thing.

Of course, no-CP PvP would need some addressing in key areas, but CP PvP shouldn't be the standard.
    Edited by Rahar on August 14, 2020 5:01PM
    NeRf MaGsOrC
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd still play
    No-cp is running nice for me and it allows for some more flexibility on builds imo.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd still play
    As long as there’s an option I will choose the CP campaign. But if all PvP is non-CP that’s fine with me. I’ll adapt my build and play style. Maybe the Seducer+Warlock build will make a comeback :D
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd still play
    I’ve probably played both about the same amount of time and could honestly say pvp would be better off without cp.
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd still play
    For better performance I'd happily tweak my builds
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd still play
    I mean I would still play if they adjusted things a little but they already tried no cp tests and the lag was still unbearable. Does no one remember? They did double ap and tested it for like a week or something to see if cp really was the problem and the lag was atrocious, the worst I've ever experienced

They need to cap groups at 8 maybe 12, make any non damage aoe only work in a group, and if they still need to do more they need to add aoe cost increase or cooldowns for groups only.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd still play
    I only noCP pvp, so fine by me.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd still play
    I mean I would still play if they adjusted things a little but they already tried no cp tests and the lag was still unbearable. Does no one remember? They did double ap and tested it for like a week or something to see if cp really was the problem and the lag was atrocious, the worst I've ever experienced

They need to cap groups at 8 maybe 12, make any non damage aoe only work in a group, and if they still need to do more they need to add aoe cost increase or cooldowns for groups only.

Forgetting that event just encouraged people to zerg more since one they wanted ap and two they didn’t know how to play without cp. Plus there was zergs swapping keeps for ap.

Honestly think an ap event is a terrible test in general because it exaggerates and amplify what’s wrong with the game unless you’re in a random campaign. No cp on regular days not that laggy to me.
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd still play
    Yeah, I'd play. But I feel there is a different balance for no CP that does not get looked at enough.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No CP performance is crap.

ZOS did exactly this test a couple years ago removing CP and performance was just as terrible. If it showed any promise ZOS would have done this years ago and not be doing the dumb AoE cooldowns

At some point, ZOS and the die-hards who'll accept a cure-is-worse-than-the disease need to recognize that trying to address the symptoms isn;t going to magically make the game playable, let alone tolerable, after the 7th year of trying this approach.
  • Vanagrand
    Vanagrand
    ✭✭✭
    I'd quit.
    In no-CP is far easy to make cheese builds. CP balance that.
  • angelofdeath333
    angelofdeath333
    ✭✭✭
    I'd still play
    Anything for performance at this point, but for newcomers sake? Hell No. We (the Long term players) had to learn the game and our class. We had to grind to max cp, And so should the newcomers . Isnt giving away MA weapons on normal maelstrom enough "new player friendly" already? If People expect to be god Tier as soon as they unlock the second weapon slot at lvl 15, and cant be bothered to level Up to max cp, they better play a single-player game.
    Edited by angelofdeath333 on August 15, 2020 8:45AM
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd still play
    Vanagrand wrote: »

What's not cheese these days?
    I'd say stamdens running around with 35k+ hp and 6k wpd 2 shotting ppl in cp isn't exactly the balanced gameplay I'm looking for.
    At least in no cp those builds die just like everyone else.
  • ItsJustHashtag
    ItsJustHashtag
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd quit.
    Firstmep wrote: »

I'd say stamdens running around with 35k+ hp and 6k wpd 2 shotting ppl in cp isn't exactly the balanced gameplay I'm looking for.

You would have hated the old days when people didn’t have as much cp and could do that still.

I’d quit playing pvp as it would mean they all the time and effort I put in the game for CP was rendered useless.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NoCP does not offer better performance, in fact, many times I have gone and performance is sometimes worse than the main CP campaign.

There is a reason why they have not offered no-CP as a solution...

What they need is to take a look at simplified grouping and sets to solve the performance issue on the server checks side, reduce floating point (it may need to be even removed from the positioning system in some cases if they want to fix bugs and/or improve performance for certain area functions, otherwise they should take a cell-based approach, even though that means less accuracy for visuals the game ironically is inaccurate anyway because of extreme lag), etc.

What really needs to happen some won't like because it means things like speed jumping over a ballgroup's entire AoEs and cloaking won't be possible anymore if they "tweak" the physics or collision system as well, but it will be the price for performance...
  • Nirntrotter
    Nirntrotter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd still play
    I play No CP exclusively. CPs have no place in PVP imho. I appreciate the many different niches a character can fill when you can't just comfortably build for every desirable stat.
    Grand Warlord Arodel, Gryphon Heart
    <Serenity>
    AD MagDK, *2014, PC-EU | 49k+ achievement points
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd quit.
    CP PvP as of which patch? With healing in the state it's in, CP PvP is arguably better balanced than no CP now. I can't judge what's to come in terms of performance. In my experience no CP doesn't make a huge difference to it, if at all. Since I mainly play in IC (a) because I like it (b) because I prefer open world over BGs and (c) because Cyrodiil mostly doesn't work, I may very well quit, if the CP option is removed. In terms of the PvE, we have steamroll (current CP IC), somewhat dangerous and fun (original IC) and tedious (current no CP IC). That's why I'm voting for "I quit'. Removing CP IC basically kicks me out from the one place in ESO I enjoy and that's consistently viable.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Pauwer
    Pauwer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd still play, but i would be very upset to lose CP enabled campaings. I play both, i like both. Keep 'em both up.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd still play
    I still would.

The issues with cheese builds, healing and siege could be fixed as ZOS could balance them all around no CP. The issue currently is that they can't balance pvp properly because of the fact that there's both.

You have to think more about builds in no CP as well which for me, makes it more interesting. In CP pvp you can just slap on 3 damage sets and you're good to go.

No CP in pvp would also encourage newer players to try pvp and maybe enjoy it more and then will stick around.

Imagine getting to CP 160 and going into pvp. That must be horrendous. Yes, they can play no CP, but will new players know the difference. Also, there isn't no CP Cyrodiil on Xbox EU. Nobody plays it, so newer players can't do that.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd still play

You would have hated the old days when people didn’t have as much cp and could do that still.

I’d quit playing pvp as it would mean they all the time and effort I put in the game for CP was rendered useless.

I've been playing since launch, there have been plenty of really bad metas.
    Anyway I switched to full on no cp about a year ago and I found it much better overall.
    People actually die there.
    Altougj the latest healing nerf definetly set no cp back.
    Also I play pve too and not having to reset my point every time I want to go do a dungeon or vma etc is a huge plus.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd still play

I've been playing since launch, there have been plenty of really bad metas.
    Anyway I switched to full on no cp about a year ago and I found it much better overall.
    People actually die there.
    Altougj the latest healing nerf definetly set no cp back.
    Also I play pve too and not having to reset my point every time I want to go do a dungeon or vma etc is a huge plus.

I went to no CP a few times just before the healing change due to how bad Gray Host was and it being decently balanced pop at the moment and it was fun. After the healing change, though; I did not like it. Defile is crazy strong with CP and procs seem to be getting buffed to a point of maybe BIS even in CP; makes them too favorable in no CP.

ONe thing that would be fixes automatically by going all PVP being no CP would be having a faction locked version available. Maybe it's the lower population that makes it possible now, but I often see the bars lopsided in no faction lock campaigns. Again; might be different if it was pop locked by being the "main" campaign, but I do have my doubts performance would improve; so no real point.
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd still play
    I would prefer NO-CP to be the main server.
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd still play
    CP... No CP.... It doesn't matter to me. Proc sets, and cast times on instant cast Ultimates is what kills it for me.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd still play
    hi, my name is geo, and I'm a cyrodiil
    pvp addict...

I'm not sure exactly what it would take to get me to stop...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd still play
    I'd prefer either CP everywhere or CP nowhere, because it is a pain to maintain two builds.

That said, it makes me a little bummed to see the majority of the game's leveling thrown out. NoCP seems like training wheels on a bike to me because CP is biased towards damage.

For the life of me I don't see how CP can affect performance any more than other stats. They are static values. Your damage is increased by W. Damage reduced by X. Armor rating is Y. And so on. I can only image what sort of convoluted formula they came up with to make it impact performance in any material fashion.
    Edited by katorga on August 16, 2020 9:53PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would play but business-wise it would not be a bright move. If we went more no-CP then it would make sense. For now, just offering the choice is a wise decision.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd still play
    I would still play, but I think it should be noCP game wide if going that route not just PvP.
    There was a time before CP was introduced and we had way less powerful armor or proc sets back then and did just fine.

• Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd still play
    I already do, the no-cp campaign is my DCs' home. A lot of us DC players seemed to have moved out of the PC-NA main campaign. I cannot speak for anyone else, but the no-cp campaign is not perfect but it is better, performance-wise, and I've played there for the last 3 campaigns.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    proc sets are too good in nocp relative to healing and sustain, so no.
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer