Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

(PTS) Ability cooldown testing

Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert

Are you planning any further checking of the ability cooldown system on PTS prior to your live tests? I checked out PTS this weekend and the cooldowns were not in place within Cyrodiil there. (Also there was a weird bug where there was a 30m queue for an empty cyrodiil - hopefully thats just a PTS server spin-up thing)

Could you maybe just toggle them on all week or preferably have campaigns where the different options are enabled? We can always use sewers for testing pvp combat without the cooldowns.

P.S. if you can make cyro on PTS CP enabled (so that we can optionally test with an without CP) and also give us an idea of any likely changes between now and launch in 2 weeks that would be great.

I'll still also make the point that running these tests in cyrodiil on the first week of the DLC release is a bad idea and will skew your results due to population too :)
Edited by Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO on August 11, 2020 1:29PM
@Solar_Breeze
NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Yes, we're actively doing some additional tests throughout the day today, more to ensure everything functions correctly rather than running full tests on abilities and such. We can see if we can leave something on for the rest of the week once we're finished.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • nk125x
    nk125x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, we're actively doing some additional tests throughout the day today, more to ensure everything functions correctly rather than running full tests on abilities and such. We can see if we can leave something on for the rest of the week once we're finished.

Please don't bother for most of your PvP customers, Everyone I know will be ignoring cyrodiil apart from get 50 transmute stones
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Thanks a lot :)
    @Solar_Breeze
  • Earthewen
    Earthewen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I really think it would help client side if CC's had a global cooldown on the receiver rather than the caster. I do think a cooldown for casters is fine per skill. That would hamper the macros, etc. However, the person who is CC'ed should have a global immunity for say 6 seconds when they once get freed from any CC. Let's face it. There is no immunity in cyro that is reliable at this point.

Having no immunity means it doesn't matter what you do, you're never free with the numbers of people mashing CC buttons.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Earthewen wrote: »

I really think it would help client side if CC's had a global cooldown on the receiver rather than the caster. I do think a cooldown for casters is fine per skill. That would hamper the macros, etc. However, the person who is CC'ed should have a global immunity for say 6 seconds when they once get freed from any CC. Let's face it. There is no immunity in cyro that is reliable at this point.

Having no immunity means it doesn't matter what you do, you're never free with the numbers of people mashing CC buttons.

This isn't the case. CC immunity currently works as intended. There are however issues with delayed break free/animation desyncs generally caused by the server lag or bugs like the 49000 day streak bug.

Remember that roots and snares are not considered CC in terms of immunity via break free / potions.
    However using skills such as RAT, Shuffle or simply dodging does give you immunity to roots and snares for a short time. So essentially if you use an immovable potion and then use RAT you can't be stunned for 8-10s and can't be rooted/snared for 2s.
    @Solar_Breeze
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

is there any update on this :)?

Also it would be really nice for more information on the duration / timings of the tests if known in advance. Is it going to just be a dynamic On/Off thing randomly, will they be for x number of days per test? only during high population? etc.

We could try and plan some events to assist with the testing on live if it would help gather info but would have to know with some advanced warning.
    @Solar_Breeze