The maintenance is complete and the PTS is now back online. The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test!
The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Crimson Twilight

TonyDemonLord
TonyDemonLord
✭✭✭
Crimson Twilight
(2 items) Adds 1206 Maximum Health
(3 items) Adds 4% Healing Taken
(4 items) Adds 1206 Maximum Health
(5 items) After taking damage you surround yourself in an 8 meter mist of blood. After 2 seconds, the mist is violently siphoned into your body, dealing 8220 Bleed Damage to nearby enemies and healing you for 100% of the damage done. This effect can occur once every 8 seconds.

To me, this set sounds insanely powerful because you are getting at least 8220 every 8 seconds. And we all know that there is usually way more enemies. So this set seems kind of overpowered in my opinion, just because of the constant giant heals. And imagine this kind of set in alliance war when there are those massive groups in keeps. Now my question is, how long do you think before this gets nerfed into the ground. And how will you think it will get nerfed?
Edited by TonyDemonLord on August 11, 2020 10:39AM
Xbox NA
  • Celestro
    Celestro
    ✭✭✭
    Leeching Plate
    (5 items) When you take damage, you have a 20% chance to summon a cloud of leeching poison under the assailant. The cloud deals 1200 Poison Damage every 1 second for 5 seconds and heals you for 100% of the damage caused. A cloud can be created once every 5 seconds.

Bahraha's Curse
    (3 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
    (4 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina, Reduces your damage taken from environmental traps by 40%.
    (5 items) When you deal damage, you have a 25% chance to create desecrated ground for 5 seconds, which reduces the Movement Speed of enemies within by 70%, damages them for 860 Magic Damage every 1 second, and heals you for 100% of the damage done.

These sets have long existed before Crimson Twilight, dish out similar damage in the 8 second time frame and were actually adjusted and buffed a little bit during this patch. Never heard of any issue surrounding them, including as some people combined the two at times. Don't think its a major problem.
    Edited by Celestro on August 11, 2020 12:08PM
  • TonyDemonLord
    TonyDemonLord
    ✭✭✭
    @Celestro I had no idea those sets even existed. Lol. In your opinion what’s better? Leeching plate or Crimson Twilight? Leeching plate it a heal over time, which is the most useful, but only is around one enemy. Or crimson twilight, which is an instant heal, and covers a giant area.
    Xbox NA
  • ankeor
    ankeor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Celestro I had no idea those sets even existed. Lol. In your opinion what’s better? Leeching plate or Crimson Twilight? Leeching plate it a heal over time, which is the most useful, but only is around one enemy. Or crimson twilight, which is an instant heal, and covers a giant area.

Leeching proc is aoe.
  • TonyDemonLord
    TonyDemonLord
    ✭✭✭
    @ankeor how big is the aoe? As big as crimson or small?
    Xbox NA
  • TonyDemonLord
    TonyDemonLord
    ✭✭✭
    Nevermind, the radius is 5 meters. And I did the math and Leeching Plates are actually better then Crimson Twilight because of the heal over time and it heals more then crimson twilight.
    Xbox NA
  • Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cyrodiil's crest is probably more reliable since in pvp that proc will hit for nothing add to that the battle spirit healing reduction and you're left with very little healing.

And afaik crest has gone out of fashion, so I don't think anyone will actually use twilight either.
  • Celestro
    Celestro
    ✭✭✭

I've never gotten the chance to test them out though I considered doing so when the vampire rework came out. As for which might be better, as ankeor mentioned, I thought the poison cloud that appeared under the attacker was an AoE but I dont know how wide it is vs the radius of the Bleed Damage around your toon. Leeching Plate is better damage wise but I question if it would hit as many enemies as Crimson Twilight would in the case of a moving target and such. Then there's the Poison Damage that could probably be useful for a DK as far as regaining Stamina.
    Edited by Celestro on August 11, 2020 8:42PM
  • TonyDemonLord
    TonyDemonLord
    ✭✭✭
    My character is a dragon Knight and I also only play PVE so Leeching Plates are the best for me. But, speaking in a PVP battle, Crimson Twilight will be better because it is instant and not a ground affect that they can easily move off of.
    Xbox NA
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You generally want HoTs in PvP or burst heals that you can control.

This set provides a burst heal but you have very little control over when it actually procs. If it procs when you're basically at 100% HP then your 5-piece bonus is wasted for another 8 seconds and your opponent has an enormous window to burst you down in the meantime.
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @YandereGirlfriend What, something like this?

Defending Warrior
    2 items: Adds 1487 Armor
    3 items: Adds 1487 Armor
    4 items: Adds 1206 Maximum Health
    5 items: When you block an attack, you deal 4110 Magic Damage to all enemies within 10 meters of you and heal for 100% of the damage done. This effect can occur once every 5 seconds.
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crimson Twilight
    (5 items) After taking damage you surround yourself in an 8 meter mist of blood. After 2 seconds, the mist is violently siphoned into your body, dealing 8220 Bleed Damage to nearby enemies and healing you for 100% of the damage done. This effect can occur once every 8 seconds.

To me, this set sounds insanely powerful because you are getting at least 8220 every 8 seconds. And we all know that there is usually way more enemies. So this set seems kind of overpowered in my opinion, just because of the constant giant heals. And imagine this kind of set in alliance war when there are those massive groups in keeps. Now my question is, how long do you think before this gets nerfed into the ground. And how will you think it will get nerfed?

It isn't powerful if you don't have access to the PTS i understand why you made this post, but if you have access to the PTS and did not care to test it out then I would suggest to do that first.
  • TonyDemonLord
    TonyDemonLord
    ✭✭✭
    regime211 wrote: »
    Crimson Twilight

It isn't powerful if you don't have access to the PTS i understand why you made this post, but if you have access to the PTS and did not care to test it out then I would suggest to do that first.

I actually don’t have access to PTS, I’m a Xbox NA player. And I completely revise my statement from before, Crimson Twilight isn’t that powerful. Leeching Plates is way way more powerful. I have a build using it and I get 3773 hp per second from one enemy or 7547 hp per second for 2 enemies and so on.

@regime211
    Edited by TonyDemonLord on August 12, 2020 11:54PM
    Xbox NA