The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nomination: Hardest boss fights in the game

Grandchamp1989
Grandchamp1989
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Nomination time!

What would you say is the hardest boss fights in the following categories:
-Dungeons
-Trials
-World Bosses

Cloudrest +1-2-3 is not eligable as it is multiple boss fights stacked into the same room, so if you vote Cloudrest name the boss you find the hardest of the bunch.

My nominations are:

Dungeon: Vet Frost Vault: Vault Protector (Yes, I've picked this one over all the other HM fights in the game, the derpie desynch lasers are the true HM lol)
Trial: Cloudrest, Z'Maja (Simply due to the shadow world mechanic it's a true PUG killer)
World Boss: Summerset: Graveld's Hideaway (Fire... Fire and lizards everywhere!)
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My missus
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -I dont do that
    -I dont do that
    -The tree in murkmire, (is it even soloable?)
    -Ysenda Resplendent, in Arboretum (IC). Not the hardest but a total bi**h

• Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ok so this is mostly from solo/duo perspective on normals (PUG for trials, but I've almost no experience here):

Dungeon: Moon Hunter Keep, Mylenne Moon-Caller, we'are actually a bit stuck on her
    Trial: Halls of Fabrication, Reactor, Relaimer and Reducer when you have 1.5 tanks in a PUG
    World Boss: Graveld. I get ALL the poison damage from Scurry in one chunk when solo
  • MKintr
    MKintr
    ✭✭✭
    Graveld is not that hard. It can be done solo. Bkorgen would be harder. Western Skyrim bosses also seem to be hard.
  • Dovakhan
    Dovakhan
    ✭✭✭
    It may not be the hardest in dungeons, but I do really hate Molag Kena :P
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Vvardenfell hunger world boss is pretty difficult ... or is there a straightforward way to prevent the cc?
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lag Hamster always wins :wink:
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • joerginger
    joerginger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valkyn Skoria, vet was enough never to try anything that's supposedly harder
  • Grandchamp1989
    Grandchamp1989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    joerginger wrote: »
    Valkyn Skoria, vet was enough never to try anything that's supposedly harder

lolol it's challenging!
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stage two of Blackrose Prison took our group a long time to figure out. We were stuck there longer than on any other boss I can remember on four man content. Once we figured it out of course it became easier.

Solo I finally managed to kill Mehz the Cozener in Vvardenfell. There are still a few overland bosses I can't solo yet but that might be the toughest boss I've finished solo. The problem is I am doing these on my main and she is a healer so that last bit where the health goes up when adds come out made my low DPS a real problem. For a group I don't remember that boss ever being a problem. Solo it is a bit tough.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • vibeborn
    vibeborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fight with the skeleton dragon in Fang Lair. I was lured into it on veteran mode, as a tank, with no idea of the mechanics. Never again
  • heavenelva
    heavenelva
    ✭✭
    World Boss: Ri'Atahrashi in Southern Elsweyr
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whats the hardest boss fight in the game, but the hardest boss fight is not eligible. LMAO

Currently: Close call between VAS+2 and VCR+3, but I think VCR is tougher.

Historically: Rakkhat HM at launch (Twins fight gets an honorable mention). It was the last fight that wasn't absolutely obliterated on launch day. Took months for the best groups to clear.

Havent met a world boss that gave me much of an issue or four man fight I couldnt figure out in a few hours.
  • LashanW
    LashanW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dungeon: Fang Lair last boss HM (execute stage) : I could never deal with one shot moving wall mechanics creeping up behind me when I'm tanking. Especially when these walls are pretty much same color as the floor, only a bit brighter. And with poorly telegraphed edges. I can do this boss as a healer or DD tho, but still it's hard for me. In comparison, I have no issues with vDoM auroran one shot walls. Because those are much differently colored from rest of the room with clearly marked edges.

Trial: vCR+3 : I know OP said this doesn't count. I don't care, this is still a perfectly valid boss fight. So many mechanics happening in rapid succession. Death/mistake of even 1 player can easily lead to a wipe. But I really like this fight.

World Boss: None. Because there is no limitation of how many players can engage a world boss at a time.
    ---No longer active in ESO---
    Platform: PC-EU
    CP: 2500+
    Trial Achievements
    Godslayer, Gryphon Heart, Tick-Tock Tormentor, Immortal Redeemer, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, vMoL no death

Arena Achievements
    vMA Flawless, vVH Spirit Slayer

DLC Dungeon Trifectas
    Scalecaller Peak, Fang Lair, Depths of Malatar, Icereach
  • theroyalestpythonnub18_ESO
    Dungeon: Maybe Vykosa HM? I've never cleared it cleanly. Things always seem to fall apart in execute once the sigils come out.

Trial: Falgravn HM is the roughest for me. 20 painful minutes of trying not to die.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Vvardenfell hunger world boss is pretty difficult ... or is there a straightforward way to prevent the cc?

Not that I've found. It's one of the few World Bosses I don't think you can beat solo.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that a cattegory I would like to highlight is "1st boss in a group dungeon". You know, the 1st boss you fight.

For me that would be March of Sacrefices - Wyress Sisters.
    This boss is an "anomaly" difficulty spike. It is 1st boss and yet it is probably harder than the last boss of this dungeon (arguably hardest from all bosses in this dungeon). And it is all due to mechanics. Other bosses have well telegraphed attacks and you instinctively know what to do. But with the 1st boss it is simply one cheap one-shot (at least it feels like it). Tell me, how much sense does it make for a tank to do taunt & roll dodge for 5 minutes ?
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jeremy wrote: »

Not that I've found. It's one of the few World Bosses I don't think you can beat solo.

You can. Did it for a daily, for the Nerevar bust. You need to have a lot of healing going, and damage. Both over time. In my case, pets, the storm atro and Critsurge did it.
    But it's horrible design, no doubt.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dungeons: Maarselok HM takes the crown for me, hits the tank extra hard, a lot of *** on the screen, and requires group coordination. (Like all bosses becomes chill when you get used to it, MGF hm is a b*tch too).
    Trials: Fat slug takes the crown woot woot.(Z'maja).
    World bosses: someone mentioned the hunger boss not being soloable, I am pretty sure he is, but not 100% so here have my vote.
    Edited by zvavi on August 12, 2020 8:36AM
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that a cattegory I would like to highlight is "1st boss in a group dungeon". You know, the 1st boss you fight.

For me that would be March of Sacrefices - Wyress Sisters.
    This boss is an "anomaly" difficulty spike. It is 1st boss and yet it is probably harder than the last boss of this dungeon (arguably hardest from all bosses in this dungeon). And it is all due to mechanics. Other bosses have well telegraphed attacks and you instinctively know what to do. But with the 1st boss it is simply one cheap one-shot (at least it feels like it). Tell me, how much sense does it make for a tank to do taunt & roll dodge for 5 minutes ?

You dont have to dodge Ursus's shield slam, she takes like 20% of you hp on block. You dodge her only when that silence aura *** decide to teleport strike you. Of course if you are a tank.
    Similar fashion of 'noob filter' boss are the Ogres in Scalecaller Peak. It's always hard to convince people that they have to go into ice spikes.
  • Czekoludek
    Czekoludek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4-man content: 2nd boss of BRP
    Trials: vCR+3, I don't care that OP thinks it is not valid, it's the hardest fight in trials currently. Still if you have competent group with good dps that knows the mechanics, it becames easy.
    WB: For me none but I know a lot of players seems to hate fighting with Ri'Atahrashi from Southern Elsweyr

• Xologamer
    Xologamer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nomination time!

-Dungeons
    -Trials
    -World Bosses

Cloudrest +1-2-3 is not eligable as it is multiple boss fights stacked into the same room, so if you vote Cloudrest name the boss you find the hardest of the bunch.

My nominations are:

Dungeon: Vet Frost Vault: Vault Protector (Yes, I've picked this one over all the other HM fights in the game, the derpie desynch lasers are the true HM lol)
    Trial: Cloudrest, Z'Maja (Simply due to the shadow world mechanic it's a true PUG killer)
    World Boss: Summerset: Graveld's Hideaway (Fire... Fire and lizards everywhere!)

-blackrose prison 4.arena boss fight
    -navintah hm
    - mh this one is hard many world bosses are very easy i would say one of the hardest is the one in elswyr with the explosive adds
  • Aznarb
    Aznarb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DG : Maarselock HM, very punishing
    Trial : VCR+3 (yup count it as one boss, wanna fight ? :p)
    WB : The only one I haven't solo yet is the new greymoor with the 3 werewolf boss.
    Since I was close the last time I tried when was questing, I'm sur I can do it.
    So, dunno, maybe the boss in South Elsweyr where acolyte bomb you if you aoe them.

Edit : Do dragon count as WB ? Cuz it took me more than 1h to solo one :x
    Also new Vampire blood tempest look challenging to solo too !
    Edited by Aznarb on August 12, 2020 1:55PM
    [ PC EU ]

[ Khuram-dar ]
    [ Khajiit ]
    [ Templar - Healer ]
    [Crazy Gatherer & Compulsive Thief]

• akdave0
    akdave0
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any trial HM boss is a team killer without being ultra-sweaty.
    VMOL twins
    VCR+3 HM
    Sunspire HM
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xologamer wrote: »
    Nomination time!

-Dungeons
    -Trials
    -World Bosses

My nominations are:

-navintah hm
    - mh this one is hard many world bosses are very easy i would say one of the hardest is the one in elswyr with the explosive adds

People keep mentioning vBRP, but it is a trial, not a dungeon. It IS 4 man content, but as a trial it is harder than a true dungeon.

1. Its been years since I played any 12-man trials, so I am out of date there.
    2. From a tanking perspective I would say vFL Hard Mode is pretty tough...but vFV Hard Mode Stonekeeper probably puts out so much pure damage that it is hard to survive.
    3. The monk world boss in southern Elsewyr has actual mechanics and can kill you very easily...more because of all the random people who will run up and start attacking without understanding the damage reflection.

P.S. The hunger world boss in vvardenfell is easy enough to solo. I never had trouble...but I can see how glass cannon DPS would...for my solo content build I still use a heavy armor magicka build...doesnt put out a lot of damage...but way more than enough to clear any solo content....it survives the hunger just fine.
    Edited by josiahva on August 12, 2020 4:24PM
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    josiahva wrote: »
    Xologamer wrote: »
    Nomination time!

-Dungeons
    -Trials
    -World Bosses

My nominations are:

-navintah hm

People keep mentioning vBRP, but it is a trial, not a dungeon. It IS 4 man content, but as a trial it is harder than a true dungeon.

1. Its been years since I played any 12-man trials, so I am out of date there.
    2. From a tanking perspective I would say vFL Hard Mode is pretty tough...but vFV Hard Mode Stonekeeper probably puts out so much pure damage that it is hard to survive.
    3. The monk world boss in southern Elsewyr has actual mechanics and can kill you very easily...more because of all the random people who will run up and start attacking without understanding the damage reflection.

P.S. The hunger world boss in vvardenfell is easy enough to solo. I never had trouble...but I can see how glass cannon DPS would...for my solo content build I still use a heavy armor magicka build...doesnt put out a lot of damage...but way more than enough to clear any solo content....it survives the hunger just fine.

"Surviving" the hunger was never my problem. It's killing it that's the issue because it knocks you down and then eats you to restore its life and unless you have another player around to interrupt the move it gets a lot of its health back. So I don't understand how you are soloing it with a defensive strategy by out-surviving it.
    Edited by Jeremy on August 12, 2020 4:58PM
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    Jeremy wrote: »

You can. Did it for a daily, for the Nerevar bust. You need to have a lot of healing going, and damage. Both over time. In my case, pets, the storm atro and Critsurge did it.
    But it's horrible design, no doubt.

Not bad. So what did you do, essentially have your pets keep doing damage to it while it was eating you to neutralize its healing?
    Edited by Jeremy on August 12, 2020 5:00PM
  • amm7sb14_ESO
    amm7sb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maw of Lorkhaj twins (just for the group coordination)

Scalecaller Peak final boss (again, coordination)

Lair of Maasolek tree (soooooo many plants that spawn)

First boss in Depths of Malatar (might not necessarily be the "hardest", but I haven't fully grasped all the mechs yet so it still gives me a little trouble)

Those are some off the top of my head.
  • Playboy_Shrek
    Playboy_Shrek
    ✭✭✭
    hardest boss fight is probably archivist ernade or the laser robot from vFV in dungeons, if we dont count HM
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hardest boss fight is probably archivist ernade or the laser robot from vFV in dungeons, if we dont count HM

The laser robot is not hard. The lasers either move clockwise or counter-clockwise for each round(just one pass the first time, then 2 the second time, then 4 each time after that)...don't move until you are able to see the pattern. The hit box in the fight is a little messed up, you have to make sure you are centered behind the bubble. Aside from that, dont step into the boss bubble itself and if you do manage to get on the wrong side of the bubble, you can always roll dodge through it to get to the other side in time. If you are tanky enough, you can even step into and out of it for a second...and if you are a tank, this is one of the few fights you can actually kill stuff, if you overlap the shock-ball AoEs with one of the dwarven spheres, by stepping into the AoE and setting it off it one-shots the ads. You won't be able to do it all the time, but you can take advantage of it to contribute to killing the ads...just have to be careful that it doesnt mess you up on the laser phase or pull boss off-center. I have managed to one-shot 4 ads at once using that method and because of that, gained enough time to rez everyone. The real problem in that fight for pugs is that since everyone has to stay together, the ricochet wave from the ads is targeted at the entire group, and they can't be pulled in...so essentially in laser phase, everyone is hit by ricochet waves and DPS can be killed fairly easily by them.