The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Queue system is HORRIBLE

pauld1_ESO
pauld1_ESO
✭✭✭✭
I just lost an hour over this stupid system. The first time it did not even pop on my screen that my dungeon was ready until 3 seconds were left and it expired. Then after that I accepted and someone declined so we were put back in queue TWICE.....after that it just dropped me from it altogether for no reason. As a dps having to wait 30 minutes to run a dungeon sucks bad enough, at least fix your damn queue system.
  • pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did I mention I just popped a 150% xp scroll too thinking I was going to get in? BS.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stuff that's ZOS' fault:
    Queue not popping up until 3 seconds left
    Queue dropping you for no reason

Stuff that's not ZOS' fault:
    Someone declining twice
    Waiting for 30 minutes as a damage dealer
    You popping an experience scroll before being in the dungeon

Have you considered finding a premade group from zone or your guilds?
    Edited by VaranisArano on August 10, 2020 11:30PM
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Couple days ago I had 6 declines in a row and it was frustrating because it was lasted couple additional minutes. Maybe it's players fault, maybe it's on ZOS that some playerd don't see notification...
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stuff that's ZOS' fault:

Someone declining twice

[snip] So they have a broken system....but it is my fault for using it. Got it.

I did not complain about waiting 30 minutes in queue.....I complained about waiting 30 minutes only to be screwed by a broken system.

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on August 12, 2020 1:09PM
  • gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    pauld1_ESO wrote: »
    I just lost an hour over this stupid system. The first time it did not even pop on my screen that my dungeon was ready until 3 seconds were left and it expired. Then after that I accepted and someone declined so we were put back in queue TWICE.....after that it just dropped me from it altogether for no reason. As a dps having to wait 30 minutes to run a dungeon sucks bad enough, at least fix your damn queue system.

It does not have to do with queue system. DDs have long waiting times because there are few tanks in the game.

The only way to fix that is by making the tank role less pathetic and more enjoyable than it is right now.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stuff that's ZOS' fault:

Someone declining twice

[snip] So they have a broken system....but it is my fault for using it. Got it.

I did not complain about waiting 30 minutes in queue.....I complained about waiting 30 minutes only to be screwed by a broken system.
    All but tanks has queues in dungeons, this is standard in all MMO, yes ESO might be more of an victim because the 4 man groups.
    Now stuff something cute into ebon, ask group to hug this one tail and we do an speed run, ignore the stuff around you until Khajiit stops.
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on August 12, 2020 1:09PM
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It does not have to do with queue system. DDs have long waiting times because there are few tanks in the game.

The only way to fix that is by making the tank role less pathetic and more enjoyable than it is right now.

It isn't that tanks are not enjoyable to play. It is that tanks are not appreciated by the general masses so the good tanks often do not bother with random groups. You have DPS that runs ahead and dies, DPS that can't do any significant damage, DPS that can't be bothered getting out of bad AoE, players in general unaware of mechanics and the tank or healer gets the blame. Why put up with the possibility of that grief (sometimes you get a good group) when as a tank you can type in guild chat hey I'm thinking of doing a daily random and fill with people you know almost immediately?
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    If people would read the post carefully my complaint literally is not the length of time in the queue....the only reason I mention it is because instead of 30 minutes in the queue now I have to wait an hour and a half because it screwed me two times.

The complaint is about the queue system being broken, not the time a dps has to wait in it.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for explaining the mystery of why I have to queue a trillion times over when I am on healer or tank.

Me: "How a DPS gon'na decline queue after all this time?"

Though my favorite is when everyone accepts and the finder breaks on PC EU. Classic...
  • amm7sb14_ESO
    amm7sb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The tanking role is plenty fun, at least for me, I choose not to PUG because so many DD's want to dictate to me what sets I use and what skills I run, so I'd rather play with my in game friends who respect my playstyle and don't condemn and ridicule me because I don't run a narrow list of sets and skills.

Change the mindless obedience to "meta" and forcing us into medium and light armor sets and tanks may start coming back.
  • gongxizhirwb17_ESO
    too much time for DD,then fake tank and healer appear
  • Scrollup
    Scrollup
    ✭✭✭
    This is another Quality Control ZOS has to fix, which is inline with game's performance lag and delay.
    UNLESS you had a momentarily network disconnection or break in between.

I was thinking if its not network related, if ZOS maybe makes the Queue Ready to be forefront of the screen as mandatory.
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stuff that's ZOS' fault:

Someone declining twice

And this is the crux of it. The queue requires people to queue as role. There are just more dps than any other role at any one time, so unless you have a queue buddy, you're in for a long wait. Even then, people will afk and let the queue time out, or be in a load screen when it pops, or in another menu somewhere, or decline because something temporarily more important is going on. I mean, yesterday, I had a dps, yes a dps, decline the queue--several times--not sure if it was the same person, but imagine queuing solo as dps and declining at all :lol: the mind boggles, but it happens, and none of that is under ZOS control. Yes, they could alleviate it by allowing for more queue options, like non-role, or providing a proper multi-speccing system. There are undeniably issues and bugs with the queue, like when it breaks and you are unable to exit and it persists even after relog, but those aren't the topic of this thread. Really, the only solution is as VaranisArano mentions, collect some cohorts/friends/guildies/zone randoms and avoid the queue altogether, whatever composition you want and just walk/port in.

Edited by mairwen85 on August 12, 2020 8:51AM