The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Please rework the queue system from not being ejected from queue when you're loading a zone

Sheen
Sheen
✭✭
Hello there,

I'm trying to grind my 810 cp it's a huge work and require much time, I really like the game but the queue system is so frustrating.
When you're in queue as DD, you have to wait 15/20 min, ok it's like that, I accept it as there are more DD in the game than another role.

But if you are just playing the game, and the queue proc when you are in a loading screen, you are ejected from queue... wtf ?
It's been 3 time in a row I'm queuing, doing skyshard exploration, and after loading a zone I'm no more in queue, I'm ejected and I have to requeue and rewait 15/20min and probably will be ejected one more time if I'm not waiting doing nothing else than wait.
I pass my entire time in the game to wait, you need to do something, it's a major issue.

Seriously this queue system is a pain, is bugged and need a serious rework.

I understand why people are faking heal / tank, I'm thinking about doing it myself even if I hate that.... you don't give us choice Zos.
  • HybrisCross
    HybrisCross
    ✭✭✭
    Sheen wrote: »
    I understand why people are faking heal / tank, I'm thinking about doing it myself even if I hate that.... you don't give us choice Zos.

damn true

• Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need to fix it, yes. I guess the queue is not designed for "unusually long load times", but it needs to be.

Also, they need to put like an HOUR penalty or more, on declining queue. It's worse than ever now. Queue for like 40 minutes, get into ready check - and in 3 seconds someone will decline, and you are back into waiting another half hour, in order for this to happen AGAIN.
    I mean, why are these people even in queue? It's happening more often than not these days, it's pretty frustrating - especially if you queue for something you really could do solo, but can't just because of some single in game mechanic.

Tried to farm a set from Scalecaller Peak, and I play other times than I usually do now, so none of my friends are online - so I've tried to get in there for TWO full evenings, without success. I'd never even be able to get past the gargoyle dude because of the mechanics. 3-4 times every evening, someone declines at the ready check. I mean wtf...
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Remember when they reworked the group finder from the ground up to provide us with a working system, just last year?
  • supersonic_kitten
    supersonic_kitten
    ✭✭✭
    Raudgrani wrote: »
    Also, they need to put like an HOUR penalty or more, on declining queue. It's worse than ever now. Queue for like 40 minutes, get into ready check - and in 3 seconds someone will decline, and you are back into waiting another half hour, in order for this to happen AGAIN.
    I mean, why are these people even in queue? It's happening more often than not these days, it's pretty frustrating - especially if you queue for something you really could do solo, but can't just because of some single in game mechanic.

It's likely not the players declining the queue, but the ready check just not showing up for them. I was doing RNDs with my friend to level our lowbies the other day and while we q'd together, I got the ready check, and she did not.
    And we were just chilling by a wayshrine, not fighting anything or going through a loading screen.
    https://i.ibb.co/x5F2ZD2/image.png
    An hour penalty just because someone didn't recieve a ready check would be overkill.
  • honey_badger82
    honey_badger82
    ✭✭✭✭
    A few things I noticed, if you are in a dungeon and just finished, drop group and re-que you will not get a ready check nearly 100% of the time, you just hear the que hit sound effect. You must go to the notification screen to see it. This is with a tank mind you so pledges pop quick.

A 15-20 min que for DPS for a SPECIFIC dungeon would truly be a godsend. My DPS que experience for specific dungeons to include daily pledges is more like 1 hour+. I only ever experience a 15-20 min DPS que for a random dungeon.

I do experience the auto eject from the que when traveling a lot and this is truly frustrating, especially after doing everything you want in the zone you are in. I usually result to running around the wilderness looking for any and all resource nodes as well as treasure chests.

They could easily differentiate someone who purposefully declined a que over dropping for some random other reason like zone change or AFK. A purposeful decline should get a hour penalty for sure however this wont fix the problem, players would just let the timer run out as if they were AFK. It would take some "motion" timer for a undisclosed period before and after the que pop to catch that which would probably be way more work than it is worth. Once again as stated earlier those who did not get a que notification or were dropped during travel would fall under this so many innocents would still be harmed.

What they SHOULD do for sure is quit kicking everyone back to que after a decline, just send the *expletive* invite to the next player in line of the needed roll. From what I see happens is the que will create multiple groups at a time for people queing for random dungeons so if the next 3 in que are: dps, dps, tank and your current forming group is: tank, healer, dps and get a decline from final dps the healer gets sucked into the next lineup and your back to waiting for all roles to be in que. I always watch who picks up and quite often its the DPS that decline and the next time I pick up (in my tank) we are waiting for a healer to hit que.

I also think they should provide a harsher penalty for players who upon arriving in the dungeon from their random que decide they don't want to do that dungeon and drop group instantly. I mean if you que random its usually for the daily xp boost so you shouldn't care what you get. I usually experience this is DLC dungeons but the que is currently too bad to even consider recommending a non-DLC random que separate from a "any" dungeon que.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need to fix it, yes. I guess the queue is not designed for "unusually long load times", but it needs to be.

Tried to farm a set from Scalecaller Peak, and I play other times than I usually do now, so none of my friends are online - so I've tried to get in there for TWO full evenings, without success. I'd never even be able to get past the gargoyle dude because of the mechanics. 3-4 times every evening, someone declines at the ready check. I mean wtf...

I'd prefer if they just remove the ready check completely. Queue pops? You are pulled inside the dungeon/battleground. If you're not actually there (meaning you would have failed a ready check), your group can vote kick you if needed or wait and see if you come back. Either way, they are actually in the content and running it rather than waiting in a queue. We only need a "ready check" because of long queue times. In an ideal situation the content wouldn't require a queue longer than a minute. BG? Count to 12 (relatively close MMR and balance among the teams) and plop them in.

I'd argue that if dungeon queues take too long because of a lack of tanks, that is a problem that ZOS needs to look at until they reach a point where a queue for that type of content takes no longer than a minute. Perhaps the current dungeon modes aren't properly suited to a traditional group requiring a tank. Look at dungeon modes that don't require a tank and put focus on those modes to speed up queues. Queues popping left, right and center. No need for ready checks.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd prefer if they just remove the ready check completely. Queue pops? You are pulled inside the dungeon/battleground. If you're not actually there (meaning you would have failed a ready check), your group can vote kick you if needed or wait and see if you come back. Either way, they are actually in the content and running it rather than waiting in a queue. We only need a "ready check" because of long queue times. In an ideal situation the content wouldn't require a queue longer than a minute. BG? Count to 12 (relatively close MMR and balance among the teams) and plop them in.

I'd argue that if dungeon queues take too long because of a lack of tanks, that is a problem that ZOS needs to look at until they reach a point where a queue for that type of content takes no longer than a minute. Perhaps the current dungeon modes aren't properly suited to a traditional group requiring a tank. Look at dungeon modes that don't require a tank and put focus on those modes to speed up queues. Queues popping left, right and center. No need for ready checks.
    Yes perhaps with an on screen message: porting to dungeon in 59-58-57-- seconds, press Y to enter, press escape to abort (you will loose your place in the queue).
    If you are afk, well they likely to wait a minute or two then kick you. If lucky they start clearing trash.
    Yes if you are an cp 810 you get an longer grace period than if you are cp 70.

One hint I learned is that grouping up even two DD help a lot in the queue, second any magical DD with an resto staff is an healer if you know how to use it. And if tank is fake let hope the healer is good :)
    Obviously the most useless thing in this game is an fake tank with tank level dps.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sheen wrote: »
    Hello there,

I'm trying to grind my 810 cp it's a huge work and require much time, I really like the game but the queue system is so frustrating.
    When you're in queue as DD, you have to wait 15/20 min, ok it's like that, I accept it as there are more DD in the game than another role.

But if you are just playing the game, and the queue proc when you are in a loading screen, you are ejected from queue... wtf ?
    It's been 3 time in a row I'm queuing, doing skyshard exploration, and after loading a zone I'm no more in queue, I'm ejected and I have to requeue and rewait 15/20min and probably will be ejected one more time if I'm not waiting doing nothing else than wait.
    I pass my entire time in the game to wait, you need to do something, it's a major issue.

Seriously this queue system is a pain, is bugged and need a serious rework.

Yeah I've noticed this too. This is relatively new also. It didn't use to happen.

Hope they fix it.
  • Itoq
    Itoq
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just do what most ppl do and queue as tank(for non dlc dungeons).
    At this point its brain dead easy to "tank" old dungeons, you can slap on inner fire to taunt bosses/minibusses and just go.
  • Grandchamp1989
    Grandchamp1989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    +1

kicking people of que because you play the game with waiting for the dungeon to pop is kinda stupid...
  • KaGaOri
    KaGaOri
    ✭✭✭✭
    +1

Found out the hard way, that only safe thing to do while sitting in queue is fishing. Please, fix this.
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    +1 happened last night- the zoning didn't even take more than the time allotted to accept or decline the dungeon popping up (I think it's 45 seconds?). It was probably 15 seconds and I got booted from the queue and had to wait 15 minutes to queue again....
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP, that sounds annoying.

Others have pointed out there seems to be something wrong with this, but i think the underlying conundrum is, what happens if your ready check really pops when you are in a load screen and it becomes an extra long one? Does the group wait forever until the player can accept?

@redspecter23 suggested automatically pulling people in, which has problematic aspects, since you could be in the middle of something when you get pulled, but ok. But I feel that if the queue popped when you are in a load screen and the game tried to pull you from say a zone load screen to a dungeon load screen, that would be like crossing the streams and who knows that would happen?

What exactly would be a dungeon that doesn't require tanks? And endless stream of trash mobs? That does not sound interesting.

More people should consider tanking. Or at least having a tank set they can equip if they want to run fast dungeons.
    The Moot Councillor
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    OP, that sounds annoying.

Others have pointed out there seems to be something wrong with this, but i think the underlying conundrum is, what happens if your ready check really pops when you are in a load screen and it becomes an extra long one? Does the group wait forever until the player can accept?

@redspecter23 suggested automatically pulling people in, which has problematic aspects, since you could be in the middle of something when you get pulled, but ok. But I feel that if the queue popped when you are in a load screen and the game tried to pull you from say a zone load screen to a dungeon load screen, that would be like crossing the streams and who knows that would happen?

What exactly would be a dungeon that doesn't require tanks? And endless stream of trash mobs? That does not sound interesting.

More people should consider tanking. Or at least having a tank set they can equip if they want to run fast dungeons.

A dungeon that doesn't require tanks would be a random normal (typically non DLC).

If random normal excluded all DLC, the odds of completing that pool of dungeons without tanks jumps up considerably compared to random normal with DLC included. If ZOS were to remove DLC from the pool, it would have the negative effect of not having the DLC included, but they could remove the role restrictions completely allowing for near instant queues for that dungeon mode. In this instance, I'd say the positives outweigh the negatives as you'd have an instant queue for your daily bonus, reducing player fatigue and increasing player engagement. Instant queues also remove the need for a ready check which takes that buggy system out of the equation as well.
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cant speak for others, but the time I have auto-declined as a DPS, I was usually waiting for 30 mins+ and then got bored and got into a fight with a world boss or something. and by the time I got out of combat the queue was gone...so no, being penalized for that would not be good.
  • Sheen
    Sheen
    ✭✭
    So... I'm 810 now, I've faking tank for about 150cp.
    But I've done the job well, with hp food, self heal and taunt, and it worked pretty well on classic dungeons (no dlc).

As I said, you won't give us the choice Zos, your queue system is a pain.