The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Oblivions Foe vs Venomous Smite

Firstmep
Firstmep
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Just wanted to make a quick comparison between these 2 sets, as venomous smite is an often complained about proc set.

Venomous smite:
-Requires a critical strike to proc so cant be used with malacath, but cannot critically strike since its a proc set.
-has a 15 second cooldown meaning you can have better than 66% uptime on the dot.
-does aoe damage around the target(affected by major evasion)
-has crit chance bonuses, despite the set not really benefitting from crit chance increases beside the inital proc
-Can be 1 barred
-Once cleansed cant be reapplied until the 15 sec cooldown is over

Oblivions Foe:
-Requires slotting soul trap, an ability that costs about 2k magicka on a stamina toon
-with soul splitting trap you can apply the dot to up to 3 targets at once, and even more with subsequent casts
-Has no cooldown as its attached to a(very cheap) skill
-Does singe target damage and thus unaffected by major evasion
-Can be applied to multiple targets at will, soul trap is also undodgeable/unblockable
-When cleansed you can reapply it straight away
-Scales with your offensive stats
-Can be used with malacath, OR it can critically strike

On pts on my stamina templar with no cp allocated my soul splitting trap tooltip with this set is 26k over 10 second, my venomous smite tooltip is 2.7k per second over 10 seconds.

But, with higher offensive stats this set can easily overtake venomous smite, can crit or be used with malacath, also the 2-4 bonuses are basically like having eternal vigor 2-4 PLUS a non-unfused try recovery glyph on jewellery.

Make of this what you will.

Oh an on the same stamplar my soul assault tooltip is 60k with this set on, and about 35k without, this is without cp on a stamina toon. Hmmm..