The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

A Sincere Request that would Make ESO 9.2 Million Times Awesomer

Rudrani
Rudrani
✭✭✭✭✭
I must have done Spindleclutch 2 like 45,253 times. I'm tired of it.

There must be like 45,253 places in ESO's Tamriel I haven't ever seen once. I'm interested in those.

But there are a few problems that make we still wind up at Spindleclutch twice a day...

1) All the overland stuff -- although beautiful, variegated, and so interesting -- has absolutely ZERO challenge or reward. My suggested solution here: - Scale up the difficulty by cp, all the way to cap, and along with it scale the amount of GOLD, and include some semi-rare drops out there like transmutes, furnitures, crafting surveys, gold mats, alchemy sachels with lots of the valuable flowers, etc. Scale the difficulty AND rewards, and scale it HARDER, and throw a rare mob here and there that is really unusually scalled high. And make the world bosses less pathetic.

2) I run a guild and play with best friends and basically almost NEVER play solo. Figure out more ways to make the overland stuff work well for groups, especially large groups.

Harrowstorms are interesting - for a small group of 2 or 3 people.
Scale the harrowstorms, geysers, and dolmens to the amount of people there! More people = more HP and higher DMG from the monsters.

PRETTY PLEASE WITH SWEETROLLS ON TOP!
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one has ever made such a suggestion. /s

For someone that is looking for a challenge, Spindleclutch is not something that comes to mind for me. Those that are really looking for a challenge will be going after some of the DLC dungeons and more so the trials.

Regardless, major MMORPGs with any ammount of PvE (which is most of them) use a tiered difficulty in their content with overland being the easiest and raids being the more challenging. It casts a wide net for a customer base and seems to work extremely well. Heck, I have not played a modern MMORPG that offered any challenge in open-world so I expect it is a very lucrative business design.
  • Artorias24
    Artorias24
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think its pretty hard to scale the overland depending in CP. Lets say there is a Village full of deadra whatever.

Low level goes there, all mobs scale to his Level. Then you enter with max CP char and now what happens? Do you get the ez pz mobs or the low level will get one shotted by vet trial mobs?

Sure you could solve that with instances but then the world become more empty then its already are.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Harrowstorms are interesting for 2 people?

I feel you may be in the top 0.01% of players if you crush harrowstorms regularly with just you and one other person. Massive respect on your high level of play, but don't expect ZOS to balance overland for someone that is light years ahead of an average player. They would lose that population overnight and that's where the money is.

Take a walk through the overland, delves and public dungeons and look not at yourself, but at the other players that are there. I see it myself every day. These players do in fact find these areas quite challenging. They enjoy this game the way it is. I get that overland may be boring for you, but it does have an intended audience that still finds it quite challenging.
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1: No thanks. Scaling is the worst mechanic in games ever. "You level your character, and the monsters become stronger!" Overland should remain as it is. Not to mention scaling to CP would be terrible for new players, and existing players making new characters. I really do not get the point in making the game harder, there is already plenty of content for that.

2: Those world events are already scaling to the number of players. More groups of monsters spawn with more players there. Scaling damage would be terrible as well, since some players would keep dieing and not be able to get rewards.
  • Inyhel
    Inyhel
    ✭✭✭
    We solo players already have to put up with other annoying people in our games.
    So no thanks to making overland more group friendly. I like things just the way they are.
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Overland content is set to easy, to make it available to as large a group of players as possible.. So that will most likely not change.. Also you seem to forget, as so many people do, that a lot of us actually LIKE it as it is, since we love ES games for other reasons than just brainless fighting for rewards
  • Lalothen
    Lalothen
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's plenty of content specifically designed for groups, with both normal and veteran versions, veteran hardmodes, veteran challenges, etc; why does overland have to cater to the challenge-related needs of you and your buddies as well? If you're not spending time exploring the vastness of the in-game world because the only thing that really piques your interest is obliterating tough mobs for phat lewtz, then that's really your own personal gameplay issue and no justification for making any significant, worldspanning changes to content that most people enjoy as-is.

That said, Craglorn was an attempt to provide overland group-related content, and outside of people plvling or farming something specific, the vast majority of the zone isn't heavily trafficked from my experience. Perhaps they could tune up the difficulty and consequent rewards there, since the zone is already supposed to be designed with groups in mind, and you guys could get your jollies on fighting the likes of 40m hp Rock Trolls with a bunch of one-shot mechanics that drop a random gold item from any one of the base game overland sets, or something.
  • jecks33
    jecks33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    here we go again.....

try to remove cp, use white gear, etc....
    PC-EU
  • jecks33
    jecks33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...or play dark souls and leave Eso as it is
    PC-EU
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    9.2million times better? Please show your work.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah. Overland is not a destination. It is the backdrop for the journey. The only exception would be world bosses and zone events. It does not need to be "buffed" so that it is a challenge.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, first of all, I'm pretty sure dolmens and geysers scale based on number of players, but only up to a point.

Second, while I like playing in groups, I do not enjoy questing in groups. I read quest dialogue at my own pace, which is a different pace from other people. Sometimes I read everything, sometimes I skip everything. It depends. Having this done in a group would be more annoying than helpful.

There are world bosses for overland group play. They have varying levels of difficulty.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Zardayne
    Zardayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be happy with some difficulty choice when entering delves and public dungeons.
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Artorias24 wrote: »
    I think its pretty hard to scale the overland depending in CP. Lets say there is a Village full of deadra whatever.

Low level goes there, all mobs scale to his Level. Then you enter with max CP char and now what happens? Do you get the ez pz mobs or the low level will get one shotted by vet trial mobs?

Sure you could solve that with instances but then the world become more empty then its already are.

Base game non paid dlc huge adventure zone with mobs and quests harder than 160 oh wait we got craglorn and they nerfed it into hellow kitty island adventure...
  • honey_badger82
    honey_badger82
    ✭✭✭✭
    Try making off type characters using gear sets that suit a theme. This character may not even be able to cut it in a normal DLC dungeon but if you are after a more challenging overland there are easily many ways to achieve that. For example try a dark elf hybrid who uses magicka and stamina for dps. Overland you do not have to build in penetration mechanics so it would be effective yet challenging to maintain both resource pools.
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To pick up an old argument.. The ones who want a harder experience, can manually make it happen.. Forcing it on EVERYONE, would be a mistake, as not everyone wants overland to be a tough challenge
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Run around doing everything naked.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A sincere requests that would make forum 9.9 trillion times awesomer

Descriptive subjects on posts
  • Rowjoh
    Rowjoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    not a bad premise but not really workable for lots of reasons.

but..

maybe ZoS could (and should) adapt the world boss mechanic, increase the number and create a range of difficulty levels, with option for hard mode on some for a proper challenge or co-op.

Then make the rewards actually interesting and worth having, with a random chance to drop something really special occasionally, you know a bit like the gold leads..

That would make it much more worthwhile travelling around Tamriel and might re-invigorate the place :).
  • Mrtoobyy
    Mrtoobyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it's a great idea. I miss the difficult questing the game had in the start (Where you could go to higher level zones if you wanted) The downside with that is all those low level zone become obsolete after leveling up.

I think a system like Diablo 3 where you can change difficulties wich in turn rewards you.
    And if you play in a group "Tamriel's monsters have grown stronger". Imagine running around four friends exploring a zone and finding a new delve wich would be hard to complete. It would give the game and the world alot of depth IMO.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing most people are missing is that in a zone where a level 3 and a level CP810 can be in the same area, mobs can not be scaled to charcter level at all.

A level 3 and a CP 810 are standing next to each other at a dolmen or world boss. How is the server to decide to scale the content?

THe only way this can be done is with instanced zones where only you are in the zone or you and others of the same level.
    That would require the entire game to be redesigned. So not gona happen.
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Klad
    Klad
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is a game called Paragon rise of the fallen....it has all L33t d00d wants should be live by q2 2021

Might want to check it out before it sunsets
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mrtoobyy wrote: »
    I think it's a great idea. I miss the difficult questing the game had in the start (Where you could go to higher level zones if you wanted) The downside with that is all those low level zone become obsolete after leveling up.

It would also ruin a lot of guild events.. As it is now, every level can run around together.. If you get what you want, guild events would lose tons of players to level difference
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I find myself playing warframe more again now that they added steel path.

Digital Extremes decided to give something veteran players could do. If you finished the whole star chart you talk to a guy and unlock a toggle switch to make the star chart more than twice as hard but you get double the drops and drop rarity.

edit: I'd like to say that Guild Wars did that too. And when Guild Wars added hard mode all the newbie zones were packed with players forming groups because it's really too hard to not have a good group, and that's in a newbie zone!

Edited by Red_Feather on August 10, 2020 9:31PM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do players want more challenging content ... when they don’t participate in the challenging content that already exists in ESO??
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rowjoh wrote: »
    not a bad premise but not really workable for lots of reasons.

but..

maybe ZoS could (and should) adapt the world boss mechanic, increase the number and create a range of difficulty levels, with option for hard mode on some for a proper challenge or co-op.

Then make the rewards actually interesting and worth having, with a random chance to drop something really special occasionally, you know a bit like the gold leads..

That would make it much more worthwhile travelling around Tamriel and might re-invigorate the place :).

While I am all for a way to make overland content more of a challenge I don't think better rewards should be included. The point is to make overland fun for those who want the challenge not force players into thinking they must do the harder version or they are missing out. I want to see a food or potion that the character consumes that will hinder the character. Could be several available just like the food/drinks we have now that would lower instead of increase stats.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Every new chapter is so easy I can trip over all overland content and kill it. It's a snooze fest! So it would be cool if a system could change that.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do players want more challenging content ... when they don’t participate in the challenging content that already exists in ESO??

Are you suggesting Spindleclutch is not very challenging?
    Edited by idk on August 10, 2020 11:20PM
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rudrani wrote: »
    I must have done Spindleclutch 2 like 45,253 times. I'm tired of it.

There must be like 45,253 places in ESO's Tamriel I haven't ever seen once. I'm interested in those.

But there are a few problems that make we still wind up at Spindleclutch twice a day...

1) All the overland stuff -- although beautiful, variegated, and so interesting -- has absolutely ZERO challenge or reward. My suggested solution here: - Scale up the difficulty by cp, all the way to cap, and along with it scale the amount of GOLD, and include some semi-rare drops out there like transmutes, furnitures, crafting surveys, gold mats, alchemy sachels with lots of the valuable flowers, etc. Scale the difficulty AND rewards, and scale it HARDER, and throw a rare mob here and there that is really unusually scalled high. And make the world bosses less pathetic.

I'd like to see something like this too.

My suggestion would be to just add an optional veteran zone for each area (similar to how they already do with dungeons) that scales to the current max CP. I'm not asking for every mob to have a million health and instant death kills. But some added challenge would go a long way to making questing/exploring on this game a little more interesting. At least with me it would.
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cp scaling won't work as that isn't an indication of ones ability. Having a normal or hard server tier would be better much the same way The Division works
    Edited by volkeswagon on August 11, 2020 2:19AM