The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Targeted Harassment

Cryptor
Cryptor
✭✭✭
I am being singled out and targeted by a player outside of the game. This person [snip] aggressively hunts down my posts and accounts on various social media and my guilds and ridicules them. I am not sure what to do. Reporting the posts had zero result. I Blocked him/her but that just resulted in worse behavior. This started when I posted a screenshot of some of the ESO drops on Twitter, this person freaked out (they did not get any drops apparently) and I told them to relax and that's it's just a digital pony in a computer game.

It's just a matter of time now before I will be harassed on this forum and in-game. I fully expect our recruiting post to be smeared.

What do I do? This person somehow appears to know every account on all platforms for me, my guild and who knows what else.

[Edited to remove Naming and Shaming]
Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on August 9, 2020 6:17PM
Casually Xbox Guild: Discord Server - Recruiting Thread - Guild Website - My information: Instagram - Twitch Stream - Youtube Channel - Discord Server - Xbox GT: OGCryptor - Mastodon Profile
  • Cryptor
    Cryptor
    ✭✭✭
    As an example, this just happened. I don't even know who this is, they don't know me, we never played together. I have been playing ESO since before release on & off. This stuff, once posted, will always be out there. Nobody will care whether it's true or not.

[snip]

Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on August 9, 2020 6:18PM
    Casually Xbox Guild: Discord Server - Recruiting Thread - Guild Website - My information: Instagram - Twitch Stream - Youtube Channel - Discord Server - Xbox GT: OGCryptor - Mastodon Profile
  • Cryptor
    Cryptor
    ✭✭✭
    Right now this person is targeting my guilds social media posts. There seems to be literally not a single thing I can do to stop this.

[snip]

• redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) This is going to get closed for naming and shaming which is against the forum rules.

2) I found the original exchange, you were the one who decided to jump them out of nowhere in a very condescending and dismissive tone. Doesn't justify harassment if that's what happening here (see below) but man you'd have gotten a pissy response to that tweet from me too along with a prompt block for being a d*ck.

3) All else I could find from them beyond the tweet screenshotted by you is one other interaction so *shrug*
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That's not harassment. That's you and someone else being equally slightly snarky too each other and the other guy posting one gif to your guild.

The fact that you're trying to pin this any other way and somehow turn the teeniest of online disagreements into 'harssment' is laughable and makes you look way worse than the other guy.

Don't dish out if you start crying to your mum the moment you get a little heat back? Like I understand why you were snarky as well, but this thread is so petty and childish.
    Edited by Raisin on August 9, 2020 5:32PM
  • Cryptor
    Cryptor
    ✭✭✭
    1)but man you'd have gotten a pissy response to that tweet from me too along with a prompt block for being a d*ck.

There are only two responses to my initial post, one from the person who is now attacking me everywhere and one from another person who was not pissy at all and did not block me. The only person that I assume blocked me is the person this thread is about, and you say you blocked me.

It took you less than 7 minutes to track all interactions down and assess the situation? Your post was made 7 minutes after my last post.

I see you posted in the Quakecon thread regarding the fact that you did not the the pony about the same time the interaction I am describing above took place.
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What other social media have they hunted you down on?
    Edited by Raisin on August 9, 2020 5:37PM
  • Thicclady
    Thicclady
    ✭✭✭
    Cryptor wrote: »
    I am being singled out and targeted by a player outside of the game. This person [snip] aggressively hunts down my posts and accounts on various social media and my guilds and ridicules them. I am not sure what to do. Reporting the posts had zero result. I Blocked him/her but that just resulted in worse behavior. This started when I posted a screenshot of some of the ESO drops on Twitter, this person freaked out (they did not get any drops apparently) and I told them to relax and that's it's just a digital pony in a computer game.

It's just a matter of time now before I will be harassed on this forum and in-game. I fully expect our recruiting post to be smeared.

What do I do? This person somehow appears to know every account on all platforms for me, my guild and who knows what else.

Situation seems serious. As a woman I am most familiar with sick persons like that. What I did is made police report to country I knew the abuser was from. Also I would suggest hireing a private security company if you have the money to track him down. This kind of toxic masculinity can NOT be tolerated in any shape or form!
  • ZOS_ConnorG
    Greetings all,

After review we have closed this thread for multiple rule violations and the thread appears to be devolving. If you are being harassed please report the incident to the appropriate authorities for them to review. That being said Naming and Shaming on the forums is against our Community Rules.

You are welcome to review the Community Rules here.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.