The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Tracking Stealth Players?

Texecutioner187
Texecutioner187
✭✭✭
I've just gotten into PvP and see certain players(myself included) stealthing away from and through the middle of battles. Are there are particular class/guild/anything else skills that people use to help "track" a nightblade when they are stealthed, for example?
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Detection potions

Mage Guild inner light (not a lot of range)

Fighters guild camo hunter and other morph (like magelight)

Nightblade can mark a target to see them for 3 seconds even after they go invisible

AOEs

Delayed damage abilities on you

There also is a skill in either assault or supports skill tree to fire off flare type things, but I mean why not use an AOE with another purpose at that point.

Edit: Added delayed damage abilities
    Edited by technohic on August 9, 2020 5:30PM
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    When there is a DoT placed on me(in the example of me being a nightblade) and it ticks, does that tick me out of invisibility every second? Is doing something to keep them OUT of invisibility an equally effective tactic?

Also, earlier today, someone cast detonation on me and I was glowing purple before I exploded... wonder if that also works?
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    each time the damage ticks it pulls you out of stealth. Secondly if you become visible and someone put magicka detonation on you, you can reenter stealth but when it explodes it will pull you out of stealth.
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are several ways to pull a Nightblade out of stealth. The trick for a Nightblade is to make sure if it does happen and if it does to be able to break line of sight. Even if another player has pulled you out of stealth, if you break his or her line of sight it does not matter. That is why when setting up your ranged stealth attacks, you use the environment to your advantage. Using rocks or higher ground that can cover your escape. Also If you have not farmed the Ring of the Wild Hunt get out there and get it. That ring is a Nighblades best friend along with Invisible Pots which grant 15 seconds of invisiblity and additional speed. A Nightblade that attacks from range, uses the environment and has massive speed is an opponent who is hard to get. Can't kill, what you can't see or catch.
    Edited by Palidon on August 9, 2020 7:29AM
  • Tammany
    Tammany
    ✭✭✭✭
    RebornV3x wrote: »
    each time the damage ticks it pulls you out of stealth. Secondly if you become visible and someone put magicka detonation on you, you can reenter stealth but when it explodes it will pull you out of stealth.

Dot doamage does not break combat.
    My magblade opponents running uynder alchemy 2x poison, lethal arrow + poison injection and still permacloacked untill i aoe them out or pop detect pot.
    Edited by Tammany on August 9, 2020 12:01PM
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    Palidon wrote: »
    There are several ways to pull a Nightblade out of stealth. The trick for a Nightblade is to make sure if it does happen and if it does to be able to break line of sight. Even if another player has pulled you out of stealth, if you break his or her line of sight it does not matter. That is why when setting up your ranged stealth attacks, you use the environment to your advantage. Using rocks or higher ground that can cover your escape. Also If you have not farmed the Ring of the Wild Hunt get out there and get it. That ring is a Nighblades best friend along with Invisible Pots which grant 15 seconds of invisiblity and additional speed. A Nightblade that attacks from range, uses the environment and has massive speed is an opponent who is hard to get. Can't kill, what you can't see or catch.

That's mostly aligned with what I'm doing now. I am running NMA and Titanborn with Wild Hunt, it's pretty fun... and the vamp ultimate has saved me in several "oh ***" situations.

I just wanted to make sure I was using stealth as best as I could and sometimes I feel like I have issues evading people and I just can't seem to get into stealth for some reason.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When there is a DoT placed on me(in the example of me being a nightblade) and it ticks, does that tick me out of invisibility every second?
    No. The game was bugged at various points in the past. The Sloads set would keep you out of cloak when it was released. The Soul Trap DOT specifically would make you glow and interfere with cloak. Also: Damaging enemies with a DOT, such as with Crippling Grasp, would subsequently pull you out of cloak, as would someone running over your Refreshing (or Twisting) Path. I believe all of these issues have been fixed (I am a magblade main) but it may be worth watching out for recurrences.

Things that are still a pain include sorc (haunting) curses, Inevitable Detonation and templar Power of the Light. If cloaking, then I find it best to seek an obstacle to hide behind for when those explode. Slow projectiles (Snipe, Frags) may hit you after you cloak and knock you out of cloak again, because they were already in the air. The NPCs in Imperial City are particularly egregious in this regard and their projectiles don't necessarily obey physics, e.g. they will go through walls. Most IC bosses will also periodically knock you out of cloak with their AOE ground attacks, if you are in combat.

Furthermore there is ZOS' combat text. This is not an addon, but standard text that allows you to track DOT damage you're doing on enemies (it's an option). I believe cloak suppresses the actual damage, but I sometimes still see the DOT numbers on nightblades and this gives away their location.
    Is doing something to keep them OUT of invisibility an equally effective tactic?
    Yes.

If you're a templar, keep jabbing. If the nightblade is decent, they will get away from you with Shadow Image or they may have anti-snare measures, such as Shuffle, Race Against Time or Snow Treaders. If not, they can't get away. Be wary of good players, who may have an Assassin's Will ready and counter-attack. However if they just try to cloak away, you've got them. Do not use any other skill. Jabs will keep them out of cloak, snare them and kill them. Other skills, such as Power of the Light or J-Beam can sometimes be counter-productive and may let them slip away.

If you're a magblade, Major Sorcery / Detection / Magica or Immovability / Detection / Magicka potions are your best friends. These potions are the most effective cloak countermeasure in general, for their range, their duration and the fact that the target does not know you used one. They also work well on other magicka classes. On stamina I find them viable, but a sacrifice. However stamina has the Sentry set. Not widely used, but seriously OP if your mission is to hunt nightblades, because it has no detection range restriction.

If you are a sorcerer you're IMO a nightblade's nastiest opponent, without the sorcerer needing to slot any specific nightblade counters. Lightning Form means you can't go near a sorc undetected, the Twilight zaps you and the atro ultimate zaps you. However I find Streak in the hands of an experienced player - one who understands how nightblades move - the single biggest counter to nightblades. Even when sorcerers don't suspect nightblades many use Streak to move. I find I have to keep at a greater distance from groups that include sorcs, especially when they are congregating and it's not clear where they're going next. A magsorc that combines Streak, a detection potion and Overload tends to be my most feared enemy as my nightblade relies primarily on Cloak and speed, not big shields nor Shadow Image.

DKs are weaker at detecting nightblades, but they have a few tricks. Spamming Breath can keep nightblades out of cloak. Fossilize is nasty, because the DK can do a lot of damage, before the nightblade frees itself. DKs may also leap any nightblade within a 22m/28m radius, however briefly visible. In that way they're probably best placed to punish mistakes that nightblades make.

I don't think of stamdens and stamcros as being particularly anti-NB other than tending to be tanky and hard to kill. Shalks is very predictable. A magden is a different story. The storm ultimate is quite good at trapping nightblades, albeit magden has trouble following through and executing players.

There are some general anti-nightblade build patterns. The orbs that go off after 5 Psijic skill casts detect and hit cloaked nightblades, although that's so random people rarely take advantage of it. Grothdarr is popular and can help against melee nightblades. Pets have a tendency to run after cloaked nightblades. Shadowrend used to do this quite consistently, but has been nerfed. Overwhelming Surge is as good a magicka front bar damage set as any and will "detect" and knock nightblades out of cloak.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    When there is a DoT placed on me(in the example of me being a nightblade) and it ticks, does that tick me out of invisibility every second?
    No. The game was bugged at various points in the past. The Sloads set would keep you out of cloak when it was released. The Soul Trap DOT specifically would make you glow and interfere with cloak. Also: Damaging enemies with a DOT, such as with Crippling Grasp, would subsequently pull you out of cloak, as would someone running over your Refreshing (or Twisting) Path. I believe all of these issues have been fixed (I am a magblade main) but it may be worth watching out for recurrences.

Things that are still a pain include sorc (haunting) curses, Inevitable Detonation and templar Power of the Light. If cloaking, then I find it best to seek an obstacle to hide behind for when those explode. Slow projectiles (Snipe, Frags) may hit you after you cloak and knock you out of cloak again, because they were already in the air. The NPCs in Imperial City are particularly egregious in this regard and their projectiles don't necessarily obey physics, e.g. they will go through walls. Most IC bosses will also periodically knock you out of cloak with their AOE ground attacks, if you are in combat.

Furthermore there is ZOS' combat text. This is not an addon, but standard text that allows you to track DOT damage you're doing on enemies (it's an option). I believe cloak suppresses the actual damage, but I sometimes still see the DOT numbers on nightblades and this gives away their location.
    Is doing something to keep them OUT of invisibility an equally effective tactic?
    Yes.

If you're a templar, keep jabbing. If the nightblade is decent, they will get away from you with Shadow Image or they may have anti-snare measures, such as Shuffle, Race Against Time or Snow Treaders. If not, they can't get away. Be wary of good players, who may have an Assassin's Will ready and counter-attack. However if they just try to cloak away, you've got them. Do not use any other skill. Jabs will keep them out of cloak, snare them and kill them. Other skills, such as Power of the Light or J-Beam can sometimes be counter-productive and may let them slip away.

If you're a magblade, Major Sorcery / Detection / Magica or Immovability / Detection / Magicka potions are your best friends. These potions are the most effective cloak countermeasure in general, for their range, their duration and the fact that the target does not know you used one. They also work well on other magicka classes. On stamina I find them viable, but a sacrifice. However stamina has the Sentry set. Not widely used, but seriously OP if your mission is to hunt nightblades, because it has no detection range restriction.

If you are a sorcerer you're IMO a nightblade's nastiest opponent, without the sorcerer needing to slot any specific nightblade counters. Lightning Form means you can't go near a sorc undetected, the Twilight zaps you and the atro ultimate zaps you. However I find Streak in the hands of an experienced player - one who understands how nightblades move - the single biggest counter to nightblades. Even when sorcerers don't suspect nightblades many use Streak to move. I find I have to keep at a greater distance from groups that include sorcs, especially when they are congregating and it's not clear where they're going next. A magsorc that combines Streak, a detection potion and Overload tends to be my most feared enemy as my nightblade relies primarily on Cloak and speed, not big shields nor Shadow Image.

DKs are weaker at detecting nightblades, but they have a few tricks. Spamming Breath can keep nightblades out of cloak. Fossilize is nasty, because the DK can do a lot of damage, before the nightblade frees itself. DKs may also leap any nightblade within a 22m/28m radius, however briefly visible. In that way they're probably best placed to punish mistakes that nightblades make.

I don't think of stamdens and stamcros as being particularly anti-NB other than tending to be tanky and hard to kill. Shalks is very predictable. A magden is a different story. The storm ultimate is quite good at trapping nightblades, albeit magden has trouble following through and executing players.

There are some general anti-nightblade build patterns. The orbs that go off after 5 Psijic skill casts detect and hit cloaked nightblades, although that's so random people rarely take advantage of it. Grothdarr is popular and can help against melee nightblades. Pets have a tendency to run after cloaked nightblades. Shadowrend used to do this quite consistently, but has been nerfed. Overwhelming Surge is as good a magicka front bar damage set as any and will "detect" and knock nightblades out of cloak.

This was a HUGE amount of very helpful information. I mainly practice using my stamblade in the IC and Sewers because it slowly helps me gain confidence in stealth and evasion tactics, as aspect of the game I've just started playing around with for fun. Any other suggestions for tactics HOW to play the class stealth-wise is appreciated, I really thank you for your help
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have very little experience with stamblade. My main is a magicka nightblade, a very high cloak-uptime mixed melee / ranged speed build. That type of build lends itself to open spaces. In IC that means the upper districts. Open areas and buildings are good. Narrow corridors and walkways are bad, because there is only one way you can go and you will be streaked down. For example I don't like the area to the sides of the flag in Elven Gardens, also because of the missing underpass. The column arches at the front of the flag are good for LoS though. In the Arboretum you have to be careful, because the NPCs cycle through phases where they run a lot of Magelight. If you want to maintain cloak, you also want to avoid going near bosses. You will be exposed and unable to get back into cloak for a long time.

Open spaces are your friend as a cloaking NB, because it's harder to predict where you're going. After you cloak, always change direction. Sideways is good, as is a 180 degree turn, running through the opposing player or zerg, if there isn't too much AOE and detection going on. Stepping through players is good on any class, but works especially well if you're fast, even without cloak. You don't want to turn your back on the enemy, unless you're certain that a dodge roll, speed and some handy obstacle you're navigating around will break contact with them. Otherwise, even most melee players have significant reach and things like warden Shalks will hit you for sure. Players are not solid. A quick sprint through the enemy (with the Wild Hunt ring), just as Shalks are about to hit, is a neat trick to avoid warden burst. Of course this is all in case you don't have your Image up. In the more claustrophobic corridors of the sewers, cloak and movement alone alone isn't that great, but Shadow Image is probably called for.

Indeed, while a magicka nightblade speeds up in cloak by slotting Concealed Weapon, the typical stamina nightblade gets their speed from sprinting or dodge rolling on the bow bar outside of cloak and even more speed as a wood elf. As a stamblade, unless you run some very specific setups, you have to juggle your defenses more than a magblade, drawing from your stamina pool for dodge rolls and your magicka pool for limited cloaking and Shadow Image. I think Shadow Image is actually more important on a squishy medium armor stamblade than it is on a magblade. Either way, the Wild Hunt ring is probably the best mythic to use. A well-known YouTuber went so far as to prefer it over the Torc of Tonal Constancy for sustain, because high speed means you use less stamina for dodge rolls. While I haven't tried the Torc myself, that rings true to me.

I personally think Malacath is overrated, at least in CP where I play. My Pariah-wearing (albeit light armor) magplar was recently attacked with some insane crits by one of the good melee stamblades in IC, e.g. 10.5K Incap and 15K+ Assassin's Scourge (actual damage). I therefore think building for crit is the way to go, at least in CP. I don't know how those insane numbers are achieved. There was a lot of variability in the fight due to Pariah and probably due to what he was running, which may have included temporary damage boosts, such as Balorgh and Clever Alchemist.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
  • coletas
    coletas
    ✭✭✭✭
    detection+immovable pot.
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Detect pot hurricane streak DB spin2win
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    Detection potions

Nightblade can mark a target to see them for 3 seconds even after they go invisible

AOEs

There also is a skill in either assault or supports skill tree to fire off flare type things, but I mean why not use an AOE with another purpose at that point.

The point of flare is it prevents the enemy from restealthing for a short while.

There is one more technique, which I call the active sonar sub hunt. It involves going into stealth and using the eye, which tells you when you are being detected, as an alert that an enemy is nearby. It's best for sweeping a keep for stragglers, and when using skills/sets that increase stealth movement speed. Afterall, a stealth player can see a player running around spamming AoE, but running into another stealth player can be surprising. This technique will not pinpoint your target untill you also begin to understand the psychology of hiding players. Also note, those with a search radius greater than their own detection radius, (see: Bosmer), are at a disadvantage in this technique.

PS, going invisible in this situation has its trade off. You avoid being revealed at that moment, unless they reveal themselves to use a skill, but you also become blind to their presence as your eye shuts completely.
    Edited by driosketch on August 10, 2020 10:42PM
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »
    Detection potions

AOEs

The point of flare is it prevents the enemy from restealthing for a short while.

There is one more technique, which I call the active sonar sub hunt. It involves going into stealth and using the eye, which tells you when you are being detected, as an alert that an enemy is nearby. It's best for sweeping a keep for stragglers, and when using skills/sets that increase stealth movement speed. Afterall, a stealth player can see a player running around spamming AoE, but running into another stealth player can be surprising. This technique will not pinpoint your target untill you also begin to understand the psychology of hiding players. Also note, those with a search radius greater than their own detection radius, (see: Bosmer), are at a disadvantage in this technique.

PS, going invisible in this situation has its trade off. You avoid being revealed at that moment, unless they reveal themselves to use a skill, but you also become blind to their presence as your eye shuts completely.

This brings up a question... Are you fully invis when the eye is SLIGHTLY ALMOST closed, or only fully closed like a line on each side of the dot?
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Detection potions

AOEs

This brings up a question... Are you fully invis when the eye is SLIGHTLY ALMOST closed, or only fully closed like a line on each side of the dot?

This is a good question. IMO when the eye is "almost" closed you are not yet visible but very close. When my eye opens slightly I know I'm about to be visible so I move or cast cloak
    Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
    Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
    Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
    Tolliverson, Stam NB, General
    Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
    Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
    Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Colonel
    Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Centurion
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA
  • pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want to know how far this *** is supposed to work, because I have been scouting people where I am not even in bow range and they come after me. I swear there is some shady *** in Cryo....every night.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Detection potions

AOEs

You are still invisible with the eye partially closed. You need to worry only when eye is open.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    pauld1_ESO wrote: »
    I want to know how far this *** is supposed to work, because I have been scouting people where I am not even in bow range and they come after me. I swear there is some shady *** in Cryo....every night.
    Like I said, Sentry set. No detection range limit. The only limit is draw distance, which a player wearing that set will want to set to maximum. This isn't much talked about, because not many people bother going after NBs that aggressively, but it is broken af.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I guess the sets you're talking about would be Darloc Brae, Wild Hunt, being a vamp and a stealth range or detection range set?

The alternative is simply being a high-sustain magblade. Perma-cloak sustain is a sacrifice. I'm not sure how many people do it, but I move around in cloak by default. This is partly for gank protection, partly for the speed. Sprinting was historically more expensive. Cloaking with Concealed Weapon slotted has been more sustainable for me.

I cover a lot of ground. I'm in cloak and near the speed cap most of the time. You end up finding crouching players as a side-effect. You see them. They can't see you. They can hear you cloak when you're right on top of them, but surprisingly few players react to that. This may have to do with them being on Discord, listening to music or being used to hearing their faction mates cloak. Myself, when I play another class and hear an unexplained cloak sound, I tend to immediately dodge roll, but few enough players do.
  • SshadowSscale
    SshadowSscale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of people have pointed oit some really good point but that said cloak is still bugged and completly broken and people are missing the easiest way to ruin a nightblades day.... First of if you wanna see cloak just being a buggy mess check out decimus when he is streaming on his nightblade and you will see cloak just not working alot of times for no reason at all.... And then if you wanna ruin a nightblades day slot any gap closer..... As soon as you see the nightblade just gapclose spam him.... He will go invis but then imediatly get revealed againm....it is a major bug imo that needs to get fixed but I think not enough people know about it olus whenever you tell people about it you ussualy just get the l2p slap...and no it is not detect pots it is gapclosers... I have done this multiple times without any means of stealth detect and it works everytime as long as you can keep spamming it
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A lot of people have pointed oit some really good point but that said cloak is still bugged and completly broken and people are missing the easiest way to ruin a nightblades day.... First of if you wanna see cloak just being a buggy mess check out decimus when he is streaming on his nightblade and you will see cloak just not working alot of times for no reason at all.... And then if you wanna ruin a nightblades day slot any gap closer..... As soon as you see the nightblade just gapclose spam him.... He will go invis but then imediatly get revealed againm....it is a major bug imo that needs to get fixed but I think not enough people know about it olus whenever you tell people about it you ussualy just get the l2p slap...and no it is not detect pots it is gapclosers... I have done this multiple times without any means of stealth detect and it works everytime as long as you can keep spamming it
    I've heard the gap closer thing, but am unconvinced. It's possible that gap closer spam knocks you out of cloak, because gap closers have a travel time. You get gap closed, you cloak, the gap closer completes, knocking you out of cloak again and so on. If that's what it is, that's not exactly a bug. However, if you are very fast, what could also happen in the past is that the gap closer would fail to do damage, because you were too far away already when the damage check happened. I'm not sure whether this is still the case, but point being that other odd things / bugs work / have worked in the nightblade's favor. If ZOS really follow through with reducing AOE in PvP, due to performance issues, that may also be to the advantage of nightblades.
  • SshadowSscale
    SshadowSscale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've heard the gap closer thing, but am unconvinced. It's possible that gap closer spam knocks you out of cloak, because gap closers have a travel time. You get gap closed, you cloak, the gap closer completes, knocking you out of cloak again and so on. If that's what it is, that's not exactly a bug. However, if you are very fast, what could also happen in the past is that the gap closer would fail to do damage, because you were too far away already when the damage check happened. I'm not sure whether this is still the case, but point being that other odd things / bugs work / have worked in the nightblade's favor. If ZOS really follow through with reducing AOE in PvP, due to performance issues, that may also be to the advantage of nightblades.

Could be that it is not a bug but then theit needs to be a penalty for gapclose spam.... Because it does not mater how much speed you have you are not getting away from the gapclose spam easily... And if if you are 1v3 or 1v5 etc it become a lot harder if there is one or 2 dude just gapclosing you all day and I have even had a gspclose follow me through a shade
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Could be that it is not a bug but then theit needs to be a penalty for gapclose spam.... Because it does not mater how much speed you have you are not getting away from the gapclose spam easily... And if if you are 1v3 or 1v5 etc it become a lot harder if there is one or 2 dude just gapclosing you all day and I have even had a gspclose follow me through a shade

Yeah; I'm not sure speed needs to also be able to get away from gap closer spam....
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dressing room quick slot sentry set means no NB within LoS can hide quick swap back to DPS gear detection pot streak DB execute flattens most NBs. Always have an escape plan. Cloak by itself is not reliable as a defensive mechanic. If you see a mountain of Orc muscle with his hurricane heading your way it’s best to start moving in the other direction.
    Edited by Fur_like_snow on August 11, 2020 8:52PM
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One thing that will be interesting is how cloak will be handled if ZOS does away with AOE’s? Cloak will be become very very strong if AOE’s are eliminated form the game. They may have to do away with cloak altogether also.

Be safe and have fun :)
    Edited by Hotdog_23 on August 12, 2020 8:45AM
  • Pauwer
    Pauwer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good sorcs always streak me the moment i cast cloack. That is the best counter i have, ahem, encountered. Of couse many other skills too will do the trick, but streak is the best.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Detection potions

AOEs

Most of what mentioned does not work well beside the detect pots. Foghter guild nad mages guild has short range, nightblade mark is 3 secs as supposed to when it was 6 secs. Mag sorc is probably thd only class that has delayed damage skill which is curse. Most AOEs are small or expensive to small. Flare used to be nice when it was cheap, now it is expensive for what it does.

You best bet is to use detect pots.

Note: slow nightblade is dead nightblade, which is why most nightblades don't get hit by the AOE attacks or mages/fighters guilds skills.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Detection potions

AOEs

Most of what mentioned does not work well beside the detect pots. Foghter guild nad mages guild has short range, nightblade mark is 3 secs as supposed to when it was 6 secs. Mag sorc is probably thd only class that has delayed damage skill which is curse. Most AOEs are small or expensive to small. Flare used to be nice when it was cheap, now it is expensive for what it does.

You best bet is to use detect pots.

Note: slow nightblade is dead nightblade, which is why most nightblades don't get hit by the AOE attacks or mages/fighters guilds skills.

maybe everything works fine, but my ping and experience says otherwise for me.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Detection potions

AOEs

this means that someone is close to you or you are getting close to someone and they are very to detect you, if you make a distance, you should have the eye fully closed again.
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like I said, Sentry set. No detection range limit. The only limit is draw distance, which a player wearing that set will want to set to maximum. This isn't much talked about, because not many people bother going after NBs that aggressively, but it is broken af.

I recently was running sentry and didn't notice it revealing far off stealthed NB. Maybe I just didn't realize it. Has anyone tested this lately?
    This sort of disappointed me, because once when i was 40-50m away from a group they came straight to me when I was stealthed. I asked how the %^$# they did that and they told me about sentry. This was a couple years ago.

Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
    Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
    Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
    Tolliverson, Stam NB, General
    Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
    Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
    Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Colonel
    Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Centurion
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Theignson wrote: »

I recently was running sentry and didn't notice it revealing far off stealthed NB. Maybe I just didn't realize it. Has anyone tested this lately?
    This sort of disappointed me, because once when i was 40-50m away from a group they came straight to me when I was stealthed. I asked how the %^$# they did that and they told me about sentry. This was a couple years ago.
    I have not used the set myself, but believe setting the draw distance to max is involved. You have to play with your graphics settings. Maybe this differs between platforms.

My magblade perma-cloaks and once came down the stairs (the ones near the keep) to the lumbermill at Arrius not too long ago. She immediately got detected by a player standing on the flag. Him and his group ran straight towards me and killed me. I put it down to the Sentry set.
    Edited by fred4 on August 17, 2020 8:18AM