The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Restricting in-game purchases

Nephthys
Nephthys
✭✭✭
Hi all. My brother, who is quite new to ESO wants to set his grandson up with his own account. What we are not sure about though is, once the game is paid for and downloaded, is there a way that the young fellow is blocked from making in-game (crown) purchases using the account that was used to purchase the game.

I did look at my own account but didn't find a clue about this... maybe because I am ESO Plus, so obviously payment details would need to be stored online.

Hoping someone can clear up this mystery for us, thanks.
Dunmer magicka Necromancer DPS/Healer
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you mean that your brother would like to purchase things for the grandson's account, the easiest way is to gift items such as DLC.
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/26375
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, depends on what you consider a purchase. As far as I know there is no way to prevent a player from spending ingame currencies like crowns that he already owns.
    But he shouldn't be able to purchase any crowns or anything else using real world money as long as he doesn't have access to a payment method on his own. So if he has his own paypal account, he surely could use it and buy crowns, but he can't use your brother's paypal account as long as your brother doesn't accidently save his password on the pc.
  • Nephthys
    Nephthys
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone. Yes this is the info I need. Of course the young man is welcome to spend his crowns on anything he so desires. What we wanted to be sure of, is that he could not use the credit card/Paypal (whatever my brother will use) to then go to the crown store & buy more crowns. Indeed if we want to give him crowns for birthday etc, that would be done by gifting.

Problem solved.... thank you :)
    Dunmer magicka Necromancer DPS/Healer
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Thank you for letting us know your question was answered. With the problem now solved, the thread will be closed going forward.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.